gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

It’s the team-up you’ve been waiting for! Just in time for the release of Marvel’s Ant-Man movie, it’s Hank Pym & Scott Lang together again this July in the pages of ANT-MAN ANNUAL #1! Blockbuster Ant-Man creative team Nick Spencer & Ramon Rosanas along with guest artist Brett Schoonover bring you an oversized Ant-Man tale that is ANYTHING but small!

Following the shocking climax of the Avengers: Rage of Ultron OGN, Scott Lang has a new mission. Hank Pym left something behind, something so microscopic only another Ant-Man would be able find it! Now Scott must relive a past adventure he had with the original Ant-Man in San Francisco in order to piece together the puzzle of the secret Hank left for him!

“This is a story that manages to be not only perfectly welcoming to new readers who just saw Marvel’s Ant-Manon the big screen (it’ll be on sale two days before the movie’s release!), but it’s also integral to the larger Scott Lang story that Nick and Ramon have been telling in the ANT-MAN comic series,” says series editor Wil Moss. “With Ramon on the present day story and the great Brent Schoonover on the flashback to the San Francisco team-up, Nick tells a story that explores the importance of the Ant-Man legacy -- both by looking into the past AND into the future!”

Plus – don’t miss the long awaited return of a classic Ant-Man villain! Not to mention the debut of a brand-new hero! It’s all happening this July in the oversized ANT-MAN ANNUAL #1!

ANT-MAN ANNUAL #1

Written by NICK SPENCER

Art by RAMON ROSANAS & BRENT SCHOONOVER

Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ

On Sale 07/15!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

So not really a team up then

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The new Ant-Man series is realy good, and so was Rage of Ultron, so this sounds cool.

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By tximinoman

Isn't Hank Pym supposed to be fused with Ultron in space?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I'm betting it has something to do with Hope

space4rentt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've ordered Rage of Ultron and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, but wasn't that supposed to be a one-off story out of continuity? Sounds like this is a follow up.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non canon

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HolyLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've ordered Rage of Ultron and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, but wasn't that supposed to be a one-off story out of continuity? Sounds like this is a follow up.

Marvel is going out of their way not to specify. Knowing where it fits in continuity somewhat spoils the upcoming fallout of Battleworld and Secret Wars

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely picking this up!

HolyLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HolyLouie

@tximinoman said:

Non canon

Ok so I checked and it's canon post Secret Wars ,so spoilers to anybody who read it

superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superior_prime_maybe said:

@tximinoman said:

Non canon

Ok so I checked and it's canon post Secret Wars ,so spoilers to anybody who read it

was is officially stated? I remember reading that its not stated if it is the future.

I never thought it was canon because they show that ultron is sent away when beast was an Anvenger, and also in his second mutation stage. According to the book Ultron was never seen again until there was lady Thor, and Falcon as captain America.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course I'm getting this, the current series is excellent.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HolyLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holylouie said:

@tximinoman said:

Non canon

was is officially stated? I remember reading that its not stated if it is the future.

I never thought it was canon because they show that ultron is sent away when beast was an Anvenger, and also in his second mutation stage. According to the book Ultron was never seen again until there was lady Thor, and Falcon as captain America.

Sorry no I was talking absolute sh*t no it is not officialy canon ,sorry

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holylouie said:

@tximinoman said:

Non canon

Its canon. Its post Secret Wars. Marvel has been coy about it, but it was already revealed by Remender in a e-mail answer he gave to someone asking him about it.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are more bad size puns/jokes in the description then there will be in the actual comic!

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Rixec

@superior_prime_maybe: @holylouie: It is canon. It spins out of other titles and will have ramifications in the Marvel Universe just as DC's The Killing Joke did. You can read it here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54312

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@tximinoman said:

Non canon

Read the article. They are not really teaming up. Lang is just reliving a team up he HAD with Pym years ago. (+)

superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rixec:

@eivion said:

@holylouie said:

@holylouie said:

@tximinoman said:

Non canon

Its canon. Its post Secret Wars. Marvel has been coy about it, but it was already revealed by Remender in a e-mail answer he gave to someone asking him about it.

Oh, wow. I guess it is. But the timeline doesnt make sense. Ultron was there a multiple number of times through the numerous change up in Avengers roster. But in rage of Ultron, he he was significantly gone until the absolutely new roster.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So not really a team up then

Yeah I was thinking team-up myself- oh well. But at least they are acknowledging the Pym legacy. I think it would be cool if Hank actually became more of a mentor to Scott, not like in the movie exactly, but more of an active mentor(Hank's always been scientist first, superhero second), still functioning as Giant-Man or Yellowjacket when necessary, & helping to teach Scott from his own experiences...kind of tangibly showing the Ant-Man legacy & helping Scott to be the best Ant-Man we know he has the potential to be & can be.

Avatar image for thekidfliessolo
thekidfliessolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The current run is pretty good. I will be picking this up as well. Can't wait for the movie in July.

chamber-music

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder who the classic Ant-Man villain is. I would like to see Dr Nemesis comeback.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love that Scott and Hank will be in a book together around the time of the Ant-Man movie. The Ant-Man title has been great so far, but for the life of me I don't understand why Marvel isn't doing more with Pym. Both Marvel movies this year - Age of Ultron and Ant-Man inherently deal with the legacy he has left (Ultron and Ant-Man). Instead Pym has been merged with Ultron and is floating in space. He has been rarely used in the last two years. Why does Marvel hate him so much?