Grant Morrison's Final Issue of ACTION COMICS

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The moment many have been dreading is almost here. On February 6, Grant Morrison's final issue of ACTION COMICS lands in comics shops. If you've been following along with the series, you know Morrison's been up to his usual storytelling. We've seem some cool moments in the early days of the New 52 version of Superman as well as some that have left us scratching our heads. With the solicit for his final issue, we have to wonder what he has planned to end his run.

No Caption Provided

ACTION COMICS #17

Written by GRANT MORRISON

Backup story written by SHOLLY FISCH

Art by RAGS MORALES, BRAD WALKER, MARK PROPST and DREW HENNESSY

Backup story art by CHRIS SPROUSE and KARL STORY

Cover by RAGS MORALES

Variant cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON

1:100 B&W Variant cover by RAGS MORALES

On sale FEBRUARY 6 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $5.99 US

• You don’t dare miss Grant Morrison’s stunning, extra-sized final issue of ACTION COMICS!
• It’s no small battle as Superman fights to save all of creation in this epic!
• This issue is destined to be a milestone in The New 52!
• Plus: In the backup story, whatever happened to the men of tomorrow(s)?

Will all the pieces come together? Hopefully this is everything that Grant has been setting up throughout the series. It's unfortunate that he's decided to end his run but with Andy Diggle on board after, it'll be a fun and interesting ride.

Avatar image for crazyflashfan11
crazyflashfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crazyflashfan11

... So sad he's leaving. Hope the next guy is as good, if not better.

adamcrouch17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By adamcrouch17

I hope this is awesome. it seemed that it was building somewhere.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SandMan_

Let's see how everything goes...Hopefully it will be a bang.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

I'm ok with it and looking forward to a new direction. Maybe now there wont be so many problems with the current Superman because they don't know whats going on with Morrison.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Twentyfive

So, it probably looks like they'll be closing off what happened in issue 9 with the Superman of Earth 23?

I hope whoever replaces Morrison knows how to write Sci-Fi!

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shika1Dude

Really sucks that he is leaving, was expecting soooo much from this series, not that he didnt do a good job, it just felt like this wasnt his best, considering Superman.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By iaconpoint

I must admit, I kinda got spoiled by him during his initial Batman run and All-Star Superman. However, his Action and Batman, Inc. runs have been less than impressive, at least to me. I'll never bash the guy or call him a bad writer because I don't believe that's the case at all, but nothing he's done post-Flashpoint has caught my interest.

Then again, his work is best read a couple of times and all together rather than in monthly pieces, so this could be good. We shall see.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By johnny_spam

This run on Action has been fun for me to read sad it is ending but it is probably the only way Morrison can focus on things like his creator owned work, Multiversity and his Wonder Woman story. That cover really looks like it is The Little Man's true form in the Fifth Dimension just how Bat-Mite's form truly looks.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SandMan_
@johnny_spam said:

This run on Action has been fun for me to read sad it is ending but it is probably the only way Morrison can focus on things like his creator owned work, Multiversity and his Wonder Woman story. That cover really looks like it is The Little Man's true form in the Fifth Dimension just how Bat-Mite's form truly looks.

Bat-Mite?
johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By johnny_spam

@SandMan_: In Morrison's mind the reason the Bat-Mite looks so odd is because he is truly disturbing for human eyes which is why he made a more easy to stand form. Look behind him.

Bat-Mite
Bat-Mite

The Little Man is suppose to be from the same place so it looks to me that Superman actually sees his true self.

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By supermanfan1234

this has been one of the best runs on action comics ever thank you grant morrison!!!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SandMan_
@johnny_spam: Oh, yeah...Mxy also said the same thing right? In Whatever Happened to the Man Of Tomorrow...
Mokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mokey

Too bad. Gonna miss Morrison writing Superman. He's one of the best.

Not a fan of Andy Diggle, but good thing Scott Snyder's coming out with a Superman title next year. Not too keen about Jim Lee, but if I can get over Greg Land, he should be no problem.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Mucklefluga

Im gonna cry when i read his last Bat Inc issue :'(

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By johnny_spam

@SandMan_: Yes right at the end of that story you see Mxy's true form although Little Man is not Mxy it looks like the same rules even the last issue he did start to transform.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SandMan_
@johnny_spam said:

@SandMan_: Yes right at the end of that story you see Mxy's true form although Little Man is not Mxy it looks like the same rules even the last issue he did start to transform.

He looked like the devil.
kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By kagato

Im really going to miss Morrison on Action comics, its been great reading his development of Clark and Superman as a hero in training. Of course im glad he is moving onto other books but it just wont be the same..

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By fps_dean

@Shika1Dude said:

Really sucks that he is leaving, was expecting soooo much from this series, not that he didnt do a good job, it just felt like this wasnt his best, considering Superman.

Yeah I agree, his current run hasn't been his best, but at the same time, I'd leave him on the series because I know he knows how to write Superman and I'm sure had he stayed on, at some point or another. it would have caught up to our expectations.

But hopefully he has some cool creator owned stuff to come.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By htb106

Did you mean "Will all the peices come together?" As a joke? If you did, Well done, Sir!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Lvenger

Superman's fighting to save all creation. That's an ending with a bang, not a whimper. So glad Morrison is on for one last issue but I'm sad to see him go. He gave Superman a new spark and brilliant stories that made for excellent reading. At least Snyder has a Superman series out in the summer.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmashBrawler

When I heard that Morrison was retiring from cape comics, it was quite upsetting. I was loving his AC run, and Batman Incorporated was fun too.

I'm glad Morrison's not done with superheroes yet, though. After all, there's Multiversity and his Wonder Woman project.

Lord_Sidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord_Sidious

Grant, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

once again, if the only thing good about a book you can say is "Grant Morrison is writing it", then it's not living up to the hype.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lvenger

@Sidious said:

Grant, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

once again, if the only thing good about a book you can say is "Grant Morrison is writing it", then it's not living up to the hype.

You obviously haven't read his work if you're saying that. It might not be for everyone but that doesn't mean Morrison on a title lacks hype. His work speaks for himself.

xScorchedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By xScorchedx

@Sidious: I agree. His work with title has been complete garbage.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crash_Recovery

I'm a big fan of a lot of Morrison's mainstream and indie work, but this series just hasn't done anything for me. Sad, I was hoping for another All Star Superman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@xScorchedx said:

@Sidious: I agree. His work with title has been complete garbage.

How about you back it up rather than just merely state a preference?

RedX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RedX9

Sorry, but I'm not going to miss Morrison on anything. Him leaving Action is a good thing. Yes, his writing isn't for everyone but if you want to pull readers in, don't write for only a few people who are obviously your fanbase. Write for everyone to enjoy your stories. The whole discontinuing story to tell things backwards and then jumps through time and dimensions and then back again to say a word that connects it all together but also this guy is the devil but really isn't the devil but an immortal from an alien planet just doesn't work for most people. I'm glad his end is coming sooner rather than later.

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By modunhanul

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I wish Morrison will stay, but if he decided to leave, then there is nothing I can do. I hope Diggle's story will be good.

MisterKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MisterKetch

@Dernman said:

I'm ok with it and looking forward to a new direction. Maybe now there wont be so many problems with the current Superman because they don't know whats going on with Morrison.

Or it will hurt Action Comics, Morrison was able to get away with it since... well I can only imagine DC is afraid of him. DC editorial might be on the new writer hard now.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By DonFelipe

@RedX9 said:

...but also this guy is the devil but really isn't the devil but an immortal from an alien planet...

Who? Morrison?

The "immortal" makes me wonder...

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I hope his run goes out in a bang!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Terry Dodson doing the variant cover? Wow! In all it will be sad to see him go, but I think Diggle will do just fine.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By RedOwl_1

This haven't been the perfect run (I mean it's Morrison who we are talking about, nothing for rookies) but this have been a really good run. I hope this series stays good.

Still I must admit I'm going to miss those "DAMMIT MORRISON" that I can't avoid saying when reading something he wrote D:

TheTmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheTmac

Gonna miss ya Grant.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By Zeeguy91

@RedX9 said:

Sorry, but I'm not going to miss Morrison on anything. Him leaving Action is a good thing. Yes, his writing isn't for everyone but if you want to pull readers in, don't write for only a few people who are obviously your fanbase. Write for everyone to enjoy your stories. The whole discontinuing story to tell things backwards and then jumps through time and dimensions and then back again to say a word that connects it all together but also this guy is the devil but really isn't the devil but an immortal from an alien planet just doesn't work for most people. I'm glad his end is coming sooner rather than later.

This. And yet, there are several people who worship the guy as if he's a god. You should see some of the people on CBR. Its as if every writer except for Morrison is crappy to a lot of them. And if, for some reason, you don't like Morrison's storytelling, your intelligence is insulted and you're slammed with comments like "oh, well you probably just didn't get it" or "Are you joking? Morrison is light years ahead of anyone else." It gets old real fast.

Mazinken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mazinken

I consider this as a good news at least to me. Not gonna bash him but for me I never liked anything done by him.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#37  Edited By GR2Blackout

Is Superman... getting eaten by Shuma-Gorath?

RedX9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By RedX9

@Zeeguy91: Yeah. Morrison fans don't allow you to think there's no other good books out there as they tell you that he's the best period. But its not just fans but also websites like Comicvine and ign that swears he's the best ever.I know I have my issues with him but really I try to get into his work and its not that great. Furthermore, I feel like his character work isn't that great as characters are vastly different from issue to issue.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Video_Martian

All good things must come to an end, I guess...

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

No doubt it'll be great ending to a great run.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

Sucks that he's leaving, but I'm not too sad. His run has been somewhat disappointing.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By Jenkale

take away grant morrison from the title of this article and say YEAH!!

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Stormbox

Noooooooooooo!!! :(