• 59 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Ever since Doc Ock gained control of Spider-Man's body, he's been determined to prove to the world that he is the SUPERIOR Spider-Man. We've seen him use his intellect and apply them to actual crimefighting techniques. Even Peter Parker can't help but be impressed.

As this new Spider-Man has been showing the villains just what he's about, it looks like they're only willing to take so much before trying to change their methods as well. Marvel has announced today a new title debuting in July, THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN by Nick Spencer and Eisner-Award winning artist Steve Lieber.

No Caption Provided

With superior power comes superior responsibility…and superior villains! Boomerang, Shocker, Speed Demon, the Beetle, and Overdrive take a cue from the Superior Spider-Man and get upgraded for a new era of evil – and the score of a lifetime! It’s a tale of suspense that’ll turn the Marvel Universe upside down – as only THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN can!

“The beauty of the Spider-Man world has always been that for all the web-slinging action and adventure, Peter Parker lives in the world outside your window and his villains reflect that,” explains Tom Brennan, editor, Marvel Entertainment. “The new world of Superior Spider-Man demands a look at the lives, lies, schemes and dreams of his villains. Spider-Man’s evolved – will his villains as well?”

Following the embarrassing beating from Superior Spider-Man #1, can Boomerang and crew rebound to prove once and for all they can make it in the big leagues?

“This is a book about the working class guys; these are not the Kingpins or Green Goblins or Doc Ocks of the world,” explains Spencer in an interview with Marvel.com. “These are the small-time crooks looking for a quick score so they can pay their alimony and get the loan shark off their back. A lot of the book is from Boomerang's perspective, and he's very much aware of that—and he sees this new Sinister Six he's formed as one last big shot at real money and real power. He's got a lot riding on this.”

This July, Spencer and Lieber tangle with the Spider-Verse’s newly-infamous villains in The Superior Foes of Superior Spider-Man #1!

THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #1

Written by NICK SPENCER

Art by STEVE LIEBER

Cover by MARCOS MARTIN

ON SALE JULY 2013!

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Looks interesting.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Including Shocker = you have my money.

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

This reminds me of the Thunderbolts...circa 2005.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

I don't really see the need fot this book...

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By butters911

Im down. I have always loved Nick Spencer, Especially morning Glories and Bedlam, but his Marvel work left much to be desired. Including His Secret Avengers. This looks like something he was born to write, and I love me some Shocker

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I am pumped for this......

CrashBang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see the need fot this book...

Agreed. I mean, they may do something great with it but it just seems like a weak attempt at a cash-in to me.

DadaHyena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, yes, YES! Whether it's the Sinister Six or this kinda/sorta updated version of the Sinister Syndicate, Spider-Man's villains always have great stories even when Spidey himself isn't around.

The Deadly Foes of Spider-Man was one of my favorite limited series back in the day, so here's hoping this new one will be as great.

Robrat93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Robrat93

Hmmmmmm .... as a miniseries leading to something in the main book yeah but really an ongoing? I'd much rather they return to the original Thunderbolts concept and scrap this, still pick it up to see what they do with the idea.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#10  Edited By cbishop

" this new Sinister Six he's formed?" Is Spider-Doc counted as "six" or something? Because I'm only seeing five.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Lvenger

Hmm Nick Spencer is one of the few comic writers I have a legitimate connection to so I'm interested by this. Hopefully he'll make this a good series.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#12  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

Seriously, another Spider-Man title? Let's guess the price: $3.99. Although Nick Spencer can't do any worse than Slott is on Superior.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

Seriously, another Spider-Man title? Let's guess the price: $3.99. Although Nick Spencer can't do any worse than Slott is on Superior.

Superior Spider-Man, Avenging Spider-Man and Ultimate Comics Spider-Man - which is a completely different Spider-Man altogether. Complaining about the amount of Spider-Man titles when you've got a ton of both X-Men and Avengers titles - w/ Wolverine appearing in most of them - is kinda silly.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems more like an idea for a mini-series rather than an on-going, I mean it's called Superior Fors of Spider-Man so Spidey is going to have to play a big role, and Spidey isn't ever going to lose, so what kinda ongoing (and interesting) story is going to be in this title. If this is gonna be a comedic book then maybe I can see it working but otherwise... I dunno..

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Yes, love these guys !

Avatar image for theleagueofmutualagreement
TheLeagueofMutualAgreement

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks pretty good Boomerang became one of my favorite villains after his time with the thunderbolts but do I have to keep up with both books I only read the 1st issue of superior and didn't feel the need to keep on picking it up.

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

Superior Spider-Man, Avenging Spider-Man and Ultimate Comics Spider-Man - which is a completely different Spider-Man altogether. Complaining about the amount of Spider-Man titles when you've got a ton of both X-Men and Avengers titles - w/ Wolverine appearing in most of them - is kinda silly.

I also find it annoying that there are so many of them also. The only series I get multiple of are Batman (as most are different characters), Justice League (three different teams) and currently the Avengers (Uncanny, New, and Young), but I also plan on cutting at least one of them also. I personally think that there should be less characters with multiple series, either that or put the secondary series at a lower price (as it hurts the wallet).

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

This sounds like the cheesiest, most ridiculous, cash-grabbing....... wait... Nick Spencer you say?

Sigh. Shut up and take my money, Marvel.

millennium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By millennium

.................................................... wtf.................................................... sigh ( shakes head form side to side) this book sounds so bad keep milking that cow marvel just keep on milking

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Both Marvel & DC are bleeding me dry! But I must try these comics out... *sigh*

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pass

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love books about villains if they're done right. Thunderbolts..........when it was good, it was GREAT. I might have to wait for some reviews on this tho. Not from here tho. They give out way to many 5 stars when they don't deserve it.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shocker? Sold.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I might check this out.

Chewish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems interesting...

WWAJfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

now this sounds interesting : )

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This book could be fun to read if its done right. I think if they shoot for that Hawkeye type of book with a lot of heart and fun then it will be a great cult hit.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Mucklefluga

Bold move from Marvel to do a team villain book, they don't usually sell as well as hero comics.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

if only THIS was a team book. SUPERIOR FOES. get it done marvel

chroinkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@cbishop: Boomerang created them, Living Brain was one of them until Superior Spiderman reprogrammed him.

ComicKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By ComicKing7

Am I the only one to have always been a fan of these guys?

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bunkerbuster05

@k4tzm4n said:

Including Shocker = you have my money.

Exactly.

I might be in the minority in liking Superior Spider-Man. I'm more of a villain's kind of guy anyway, so these two series are right up my alley.

Whiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least it's not another X title?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay, Herman!

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CTG

@ctg said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

I also find it annoying that there are so many of them also. The only series I get multiple of are Batman (as most are different characters), Justice League (three different teams) and currently the Avengers (Uncanny, New, and Young), but I also plan on cutting at least one of them also. I personally think that there should be less characters with multiple series, either that or put the secondary series at a lower price (as it hurts the wallet).

No argument there - however I feel like there are more repeat characters in Avengers. For X-books, ANXM and UXM run side by side - giving the story from two different directions so I'm alright w/ that. Overall, while it's still a big problem I think Marvel (I don't read much DC so I wouldn't know) is doing a better job of keeping too many characters from appearing in multiple books.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am not a big fan of villain titles, but I do love Nick Spencer's writing. So, I guess we will have to see once the series comes out if it is good

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#37  Edited By BlueLantern1995
longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Shocker and Boomerang are still rocking the Thunderbolts logos. Interesting.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A new book about super villains, and Boomerang's in charge. MUST HAVE. I've been liking his character ever since he appeared in the Jackpot mini-series. Then I voted for him in the Thunderbolt's poll for new members. So yeah, i'll shell out some money for this.

Mr. Messy Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mr. Messy Face

If they're the new Sinister Six, then why are there only 5 of them?

"Why are you called the H.I.V.E. Five if there are only six of you?"

johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

@ctg said:

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

No argument there - however I feel like there are more repeat characters in Avengers. For X-books, ANXM and UXM run side by side - giving the story from two different directions so I'm alright w/ that. Overall, while it's still a big problem I think Marvel (I don't read much DC so I wouldn't know) is doing a better job of keeping too many characters from appearing in multiple books.

Fair enough, I personally try to keep at one book for each character.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

LOL @ the name. Should've added another guy and called it the Superior Six. I'll check out the first issue because of Nick Spencer, Shocker, and Boomerang.

Avatar image for scourgeoftherealworld
scourgeoftherealworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same with shocker. Really wished he stayed with Parker's t-bolts longer. Also I hope this fills the hole dark avengers is going to leave when it's cancelled as the REAL thunderbolts style book

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Is this a one-shot or a limited series?

silentecko711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By silentecko711

I think this looks cool and will give it a try! especially with Overdrive in it I think he's an untapped character his powers are really badass!

stetson12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is definitely a must read for me

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good to me. I've always liked the idea of villains who weren't alien invaders, criminal masterminds, or the psychopathologically obsessed. These guys are just "bad guys." For one reason or another they have the means to be above the average cut of criminal but they're not interested in being "super villains" or "arch-nemeses." They just want some cash in their pocket so they can go to Tahiti and drink margaritas.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49  Edited By nappystr8

I'm not quite sure what the backlash is about here. Even though Superior and Spider-Man are in the title, this does not seem to be in any way shape or form another Spider-Man book. If anything what I think of is DC's book Secret Six, and everybody seemed to love that book during its run. This sounds like a genuinely fresh direction to take with some lesser known Spidey villains, and they have a great writer attached. I probably won't pick this up seeing as Shocker is the only one of those villains I care about, but I absolutely embrace the existence of this book.

DeMiedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting... but I don't know, if we had Peter Parker as Spider-man, I'd be more interested