• 70 results
Posted by G-Man (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

We've been seeing a lot of different incarnations of X-Force. Looks like next year we'll be seeing another. Going back to the basics, Cable will still be involved with this version but we'll also have another meshing of the different versions by the addition of some different X-Force members. What does this mean for the teams in UNCANNY X-FORCE and CABLE AND X-FORCE?

This February, Cable leads a new black-ops squad to the darkest corners of the Marvel Universe in the all-new X-Force #1, the high-octane new series from the red-hot creative team of Si Spurrier & Rock-He Kim!

The Marvel Universe is a different place than it once was – and mutants are in more danger than ever before. Deadly threats are everywhere, and it’ll take a squad unlike any other to shut them down before they happen. S.H.I.E.L.D. has it’s Secret Avengers, Britain has MI-13 – and now Mutantkind has X-Force!

“X-Force returns to form as the black ops team that isn’t afraid to get its hands dirty protecting the species,” says Axel Alonso, Editor-in-Chief. “But this time, X-Force isn’t looking to keep its existence a secret – they want to send a loud-and-clear message to the world that the Mutant Nation is not to be messed with.”

In this game of no-holds barred, superhuman black-ops – it’s kill or be killed. And with veteran X-Man Cable at the helm – Psylocke, Fantomex, Marrow, and more are going to ensure that Mutants have a stake in the future of the Marvel Universe – by any means necessary!

Don’t miss the explosive action and political intrigue as the all-new X-Force bursts on to the scene this February in X-Force #1!

X-FORCE #1

Written by SI SPURRIER

Art & Cover by ROCK-HE KIM

ON-SALE THIS FEBRUARY!

#1 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover art is ugly lmao.

#2 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (944 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sad about losing Cable and X-Force, but happy that I can finally stop reading Uncanny X-Force. As for the cast, I think Cable and Psylocke are perfect fits but I don't know about Marrow and Fantomax. Oh well, if anyone can sell this title it'll be Spurrier. Consider me onboard, at least for the first arc.

#3 Posted by sentryman555 (823 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the metal blades a new thing for Marrow's character?

#4 Posted by Xwraith (21331 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read the first three issues at least.

#5 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

And Cable is going Solid Snake............................. AWESOME!!!!! XD

#6 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@sentryman555:

I'd guess so. She lost her ability to create bone ones on M-Day.

#7 Edited by sentryman555 (823 posts) - - Show Bio

@raggedscarecrow: I see. I was confused cause I remembered she had the bone powers.

#8 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...what?

#9 Posted by butters911 (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I really love Uncanny X-force. It's the only mutant related book Im reading. Im going to miss it.

#10 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

That "#1" is too Allred for that art Haha. Also what's up with Fantomex's costume?

#11 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks. Awful. xD

#12 Posted by Ando123 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty interesting. However looks a little weird :S

#13 Edited by SlickyMike88 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked the first volume of Uncanny X force , Psylocke and Storm kicks ass in that.

I really don't care about Cable related stuff , time travel makes my head spin:P

#14 Posted by Dernman (15632 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow they are really just tossing away Psylock's character development to put her in this series. Never was a fan of Fantomex. I'm going to keep an open mind when it comes to the changes in Marrow. I hope Forge and Domino are both still with the team.

#15 Posted by dcfox (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped reading Uncanny X-Force 6 issues in. Did Fantomex's split personalities ever get back together?

#16 Posted by CheeseSticks (2587 posts) - - Show Bio

No Domino, Colossus or Forge? Sorry, i won't buy this.

#17 Posted by frozenedge (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

The team itself has me interested though I'm hoping they add one or two more characters to the roster. Hell I'd be okay with having a rotating 5th member like with one mission, someone like Domino joins up then maybe a two or three missions later she's replaced with maybe Warpath or one of the other members from both current X-Force teams

#18 Edited by ThorBoy (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Please bring colossus back to the Xmen. Please please please

#19 Posted by Perfect 10 (1229 posts) - - Show Bio

whatever. everything is so black and metallic. i mean i had no idea that was marrow or psylocke looks nothing like them and why would psylocke give up being a leader to follow cable? stupid. and please let that be a artistic imagining of marrow we do not need more people with metal bones

#20 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

yes yes yes

#21 Posted by Stevens61310 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I quit reading Uncanny X-Force several months back--what a snoozefest. Plus it had what I consider one of the least interesting mutants--Fantomex. Other than Cable there really isn't any reason to pick up the new X-Force.

Just as a side note--I was only reading 2 Marvel books--Fearless Defenders and Cable and X-Force. So how many Marvel books will I be reading after February 2014????

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34908 posts) - - Show Bio

Why get rid of Cable & X Force for this? Isn't it much the same?

#23 Edited by BumBurger (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Marrow is back!?!? Definitely gonna read this but does this mean colussus is finally coming back to the school :0

#24 Posted by Tmul501 (600 posts) - - Show Bio

The cover art is ugly lmao.

totally. I think I'm done with X-Force. I haven't enjoyed an x-force book since Remender left.

#25 Posted by frogjitsu (477 posts) - - Show Bio

X-force used to be great, now, with each series, it seems less and less appealing. Maybe because their is no Wolverine? Though I doubt even he would get me interested in it.

The problem is we have 4 members, and Fantomex annoys me, especially when he's with Betsy, and Marrow just looks stupid. So that leaves 2 that I actually like, and I prefer Cable with people who aren't as grim and serious as he is, and we don't have anyone like that on the team. And I can get my Betsy fix from Wood's X-men, so this title will probably be skipped.

If I were making a new team, it'd have Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Wolverine, Psylocke, and Blink.

#26 Posted by XsPectre28 (739 posts) - - Show Bio

the return of Marrow!!!!! now i have hope!!!!

#27 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (7963 posts) - - Show Bio

the current X-force books aren't that good. I hope this is better.

#28 Edited by DonFelipe (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't sound and look like it'll be any better than the two titles it's going to replace. That cover is horrible! Based on how this (team) looks there's little hope for the all-new X-Force.

#29 Posted by mickeymayhew (229 posts) - - Show Bio

so they're cancelling both the current X-Force titles?

#30 Posted by The Stegman (25960 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo Cable and X Force/ Uncanny X Force are being cancelled then?

#31 Posted by Kerrigan (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable, Fantomex, and Marrow are definitely on my "meh" list of X-People. Hopefully this means Colossus comes back into one of the main teams.

#33 Posted by cameron83 (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

#34 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3825 posts) - - Show Bio

so both current titles getting cancelled I assume, too bad I am really enjoying Cable and X-Force. At least I still get my Cable led team.

#35 Posted by Renchamp (2965 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this, though I will miss Uncanny X-Force. It seems Marvel is happy enough with letting a series run for a few arcs before replacing them. It does keep things fresh, I guess.

#36 Edited by notoriousmistersims (91 posts) - - Show Bio

who or what is the flowing head behind fantomex ?

#37 Posted by saoakden (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this X-Force series. I have really liked X-Force from 2008, both volumes of Uncanny X-Force, and Cable and X-Force. I'm interested to see what happens in this volume of X-Force. I'm surprised there isn't an something before X-Force. Like All-New Cable and the Uncanny X-Force.

#38 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (944 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get the logic behind this. They're cancelling two series before they got enough momentum to develop fanbases. And if they were going to have Cable leading an X-Force book, why cancel something literally called Cable and X-Force? They could have kept the name and just solicited a huge roster change in the fallout from Vendetta. New readers get a jumping on point, Editorial get's a tie-in to the All New Marvel NOW! wave, and old readers get to buy a series that lasts for more than 24 issues before getting cancelled. Plus, it heightens the drama for the crossover because it creates the illusion of stakes (one team survives being equivalent to the winning title). Everybody wins.

#39 Posted by NICKXH (285 posts) - - Show Bio

The artist looks like a poor man's Clayton Crain.

#40 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16351 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#41 Posted by Aeroman (495 posts) - - Show Bio

so does that mean that uncanny x-force and cable and X-force are going to be cancelled

#42 Edited by movieartman (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickxh said:

The artist looks like a poor man's Clayton Crain.

nah, crains is far more slick, this is a SLIGHTLY lesser version of adi granov

#43 Edited by movieartman (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

the art looks freaking amazing to me, he did thoose ongoing ultron transforming covers which ended up being the best thing about the abysmal age of ultron.

#44 Posted by mcbean (287 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like how Cable looks

#45 Posted by Scantenii (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand why they have to cancel Cable and X-force. I was really liking that series, but I don't think I am going to pick this one up. It bothers me that Marvel keeps on canceling books and then replacing them with what seems like the exact same thing.

#46 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@kerrigan said:

Cable, Fantomex, and Marrow are definitely on my "meh" list of X-People. Hopefully this means Colossus comes back into one of the main teams.

I hope Colossus comes back to the main teams...which one, I'm not sure, but please let him be a major character again!

#47 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

the art looks freaking amazing to me, he did thoose ongoing ultron transforming covers which ended up being the best thing about the abysmal age of ultron.

He does perspective well, and has decent shading. His Ultron is very detailed and extremely well done. Those were cool covers. I think he has some work to do on mastering human proportions, facial features and specifically, making facial features look distinctive (if you look just at the face, Marrow looks like Psylocke). His faces and heads really need work.

#48 Edited by Darkchild (41424 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sad about losing Cable and X-Force, but happy that I can finally stop reading Uncanny X-Force. As for the cast, I think Cable and Psylocke are perfect fits but I don't know about Marrow and Fantomax. Oh well, if anyone can sell this title it'll be Spurrier. Consider me onboard, at least for the first arc.

agreed, im curious as to wtf there going to do with Marrow. Havnt heard from her in years if im correct

#49 Posted by ScarletBatman (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Cable and the X-Force being canceled?