Posted by G-Man (36811 posts) - - Show Bio

If you've seen the INFINITE COMICS Marvel has put out in the past, you know how cool they can be. Marvel has released another one and this time it's FREE.

If you've been waiting for more GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, this is your chance to get the Infinite Comic featuring the team.

Written by Brian Michael Bendis with art by Mike Oeming, Ming Doyle and Mike Del Mundo, the comic introduces fans to the cast told in a way that takes advantage of today's technology on tablets and smartphones.

Here's what Brian Michael Bendis said about the comic:

It’s super exciting not only to be working on the main series but to also bring these characters to an entirely new audience of fans through these new Infinite Comics. Being that these characters are such a big part of Marvel's future it only makes sense that they take the spotlight using the future of comic book reading!

What secrets do Drax, Groot, Rocket Raccoon and Gamora hold? What made them the space faring warriors they are today? Find out as each new issues of the Guardians of The Galaxy Infinite Comic is released every two weeks ABSOLUTELY FREE via the Marvel Comics app (for iPhone®, iPad®, iPad Touch® & Android devices) and online in the Marvel Digital Comics Shop.

== TEASER ==
#1 Posted by YourCounterpoint (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I see they were going for the Mike Mignola look, but couldn't get him, so they got two other mikes. Interesting.

#2 Posted by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'm so excited to see Bendis retcon and change all the Guardians entire past and character motivation but give them the same name.

#3 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo when does the first one come out?

#4 Posted by Oscars94 (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

I got the Drax one for free on the Marvel Comics app! AWESOME!

#5 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourCounterpoint said:

I see they were going for the Mike Mignola look, but couldn't get him, so they got two other mikes. Interesting.

DUDE ITS TRUE

#6 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet! Good to know.

#7 Posted by Boogiepop (43 posts) - - Show Bio

"Drax, Groot, Rocket Raccoon and Gamora," plus Star-Lord in issue one. Why those 5? Because they're gonna be in the movie!

It's a shame how Bendis and the movie based on his comics have completely forgotten about Adam Warlock, Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Bug, Mantis, Cosmo, Major Victory, and Jack Flag, in favor of sales from randomly sticking Iron Man on it. (Even though a couple of them are dead, so were Star-Lord and Thanos, so Marvel could bring them back again if they wanted.) It wasn't supposed to be super-mainstream with famous characters. If Bendis understood DnA's run, he'd realize it was about a bunch of lesser known and no-name heroes all getting stuck together. But instead we're getting the movie roster.

#8 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

man that is some ugly art.

#9 Edited by Stuka69 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Soverighn said:

@YourCounterpoint said:

DUDE ITS TRUE

THIS!

And it has pretty strong Drax Sapien feel to it...

#10 Posted by Xwraith (19435 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trevel8182 said:

Yeah I'm so excited to see Bendis retcon and change all the Guardians entire past and character motivation but give them the same name.

#11 Posted by ppetrov83 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@Green ankh said:

man that is some ugly art.

This

#12 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: Yesterday.

#13 Posted by HollowPrince665 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this comic. I really enjoyed the Guardians of the Galaxy comics from a while ago (I read the TPBs) I wish I could add them to the pull list, but my wallet is saying no

#14 Posted by jloneblackheart (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trevel8182 said:

#15 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

This comic seemed like it was written to be like when a character is introduced in a movie...hmmmmm

#16 Posted by millennium (208 posts) - - Show Bio

i reed it story's ok but the art is bad its simplicity at it finest

#17 Posted by CookieVonDoom (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed it! Served as a fun, short and self contained story before the main dish! I liked the art, worked great for this kind of thing. Looking forward to the upcoming ones!

#18 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll pass.

#19 Posted by Ramier (80 posts) - - Show Bio

this was ok the art was free art

#20 Posted by AskaniSon295 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I wouldn't pay for that

#21 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

i HATE FREE COMICS!! ptooey!

#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7406 posts) - - Show Bio

what is up with the art?

#23 Posted by deadpool25mm (604 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by YourCounterpoint (40 posts) - - Show Bio

The Drax link in the "filed under" section is the wrong Drax...

#25 Posted by Danial79 (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

That is some hideous art right there. Even being free, I'm not sure my eyes will allow me to read it.

#26 Posted by Brownghost (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Art was horrible and writing felt cheesy. At least it was free.

#27 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'm looking at that art and think "Yeaaaaaah Im pretty sure I can see why its free"...but doesn't matter to me one since I don't have iPad..only Kindle :-/

#28 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

free but not worth my hardrive space

#29 Posted by alex6166 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, you need an artist? I've sent samples.

#30 Posted by sanmono (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, people, stop being retarded and read a Oeming book. Please.

#31 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trevel8182 said:

This. I was enthusiastic to see that they were launching a new Guardians book, but after the first issue it's like wah-huh? Basically a full reboot of Peter Quill.

#32 Posted by adamrcorrigan (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@Boogiepop: I so agree. Trust Bendis to take something that was alternative and cool and make it about the bold and the bucks. How can they do it without Warlock, it makes no sense having Thanos without him. Plus without him Thanos will be abusing their corpses in no time flat. I bet he ruins Drax too. Abnett should be writing this, end of sotry.

#33 Posted by LordRequiem (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks like it's been drawn by a child!

#34 Posted by akbogert (3224 posts) - - Show Bio

I think, after reading this, that had I paid for this, I would have been disappointed.

#35 Posted by laflux (16853 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

I think, after reading this, that had I paid for this, I would have been disappointed.