Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

FLASH GORDON ZEITGEIST #2

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +
Written by ERIC TRAUTMANN
Art by DANIEL INDRO
Covers by ALEX ROSS (75%), PAUL RENAUD (25%), FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA (1-in-10)
“Virgin Art” Retailer Incentive cover by ALEX ROSS
“Virgin Art” Retailer Incentive cover by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA
“Black & White” Retailer Incentive cover by PAUL RENAUD
After crashlanding an experimental transdimensional spacecraft on the surface of an alien world, Flash Gordon, Dale Arden and Dr. Hans Zarkov come face-to-face with Ming the Merciless. Driven by an unquenchable thirst for conquest, Ming has plans for the "pathetic Earthlings": death for Flash in Mongo's arena, brain-stripping for the brilliant Dr. Zarkov, and a vile wedding ceremony for Dale. With the fate of our world extinct, can even Flash Gordon save us?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Typhenstein

Not to bad looking, looks like it might be pretty interesting,might have too check this one out some more.

eric_trautmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By eric_trautmann

I hope you do; I'm obviously biased, but I think it's a fun book. :)

-E

SithLord999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By SithLord999

I picked up issue two the other day. Even from the teaser page shown above it was pretty clear who Klytus was chewing out. I have really enjoyed these first two issues and I am impatiently waiting for the next installment. Including Hitler in the story as Ming's puppet dictator on Earth was brilliant! I have just one question for Eric if he is still listening in on this forum. Did the choice of Hitler and the Third Reich as a story element come from the Zarkov brain drain scene in the 1980's Flash Gordon movie where Klytus sees Hitler in Zarkov's thoughts and comments "Now he showed promise!"? If so, that was a great way to tie your story to the movie that many of us have enjoyed over and over. Again, I am really enjoying Flash Gordon: Zeitgeist tremendously. I am hooked and will definitely be coming back for more and more of the story. Well done, Eric and thank you to Dynamite Comics!