Posted by G-Man (18881 posts) - - Show Bio

In March we'll get to see a crossover between ASTONISHING X-MEN, AGE OF APOCALYPSE and X-TREME X-MEN. Since Rick Remender's UNCANNY X-FORCE run ended, we've been wondering what's next for the AoA version of Nightcrawler. Things didn't end too well between him and Wolverine.

Marvel has just released a first look at the first issue.

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at X-Termination #1, from fan favorite creators David Lapham, Marjorie Liu, Greg Pak and artist David Lopez! In this opening salvo to this high stakes X-Event, joining together the teams fromAstonishing X-Men, Age of Apocalypse and X-Treme X-Men, the fate of our universe and more are at hand! Nightcrawler wants to return back to his own world and has no problem sacrificing our world to succeed. But can he get through Wolverine before doing so? In a battle between the claws and the crawler, X-Termination starts now! So what are you waiting for, head on over to your local comic shop and reserve a copy of X-Termination #1 today!
== TEASER ==

X-TERMINATION #1 (JAN130744)

Written by DAVID LAPHAM, MARJORIE LIU & GREG PAK

Art by DAVID LOPEZ

Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

FOC- 02/25/13 On-Sale – 03/20/13

#1 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Not happy that Age of Apocalypse is ending, even less happy that it is going out as part of this crossover. I really have no interest in the other two series.

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking at this preview i agree with Tony, Wolverine really needs a new costume. That yellow is so... yellow.

#3 Posted by Planewalker (329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga: I agree at least bring back is Black ops costume! Those dark tones are so much better for the character...

#4 Posted by impossibilly (893 posts) - - Show Bio

I fell of Wolverine and the X-Men after AvX. I was thinking about jumping back on, but this crossover has me reconsidering that.

#5 Posted by saoakden (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga: Looking at this preview your right. Wolverine's costume is really yellow. Think its the reason why I like his X-force outfit. No yellow.

Sucks that two series are ending after this crossover. I read an interview about AoA cancellation and what the writer had planned. It sucks that the series are ending.

#6 Posted by charlieboy (7095 posts) - - Show Bio

I am upset that X-treme X-men is ending. It has been one of my favorites since it came out. I don't read Age of Apocalypse but I will pick it up for this crossover.

#7 Posted by ssj2DeadPool (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Im confused, but gambit, wolverine, and iceman is a sweet xmen team. They should just go with that and call it. X-Men- too much drinking and screwing around team.

#8 Posted by ThePRez (291 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the art

#9 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved AoA Nightcrawler in Uncanny X-force and I want to know what happens to him but I've never read any of the titles this crossover involves.

#10 Posted by quatro_briefs (384 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks nice!

#11 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanna see Wolvie wipe that smug look off of AoA Nightcrawler once and for all.

#12 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8004 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks great!!!

#13 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Is X-temination a new ongoing series? is it somehow related to the current wolverine and the x-men and uncanny x-men??

#14 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

@chocobojam said:

Is X-temination a new ongoing series? is it somehow related to the current wolverine and the x-men and uncanny x-men??

I suggest you read the opening statement of the article to get your answer :)

#15 Posted by ladymastermind (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Dark Beast? I thought Nightcrawler had issues with him. Great, now I'm curious, know I'm probably going to have to read it.

#16 Posted by Perfect 10 (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj2DeadPool: that is the astonishing x-men team you are looking at there (minus warbird) check out

the book

#17 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

That's one evil looking rat there in that one frame.

#18 Posted by Grey56 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga: Exactly. Bad costume is bad. Also, Marvel - 'XTERMINATION' ? What - were you guys listening to 80's speed metal when you came up with that title? Not knocking the speed metal - just your title.

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. Why is X-Treme X-Men ending again ?

Just NO.

#20 Posted by Mr_Colossus (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we sure they are cancelling X-Treme X-Men as well? I tried to find where it may have been announced, but was unsuccessful in finding it. I saw about AoA being cancelled but not X-Treme.