• 68 results
Posted by G-Man (34236 posts) - - Show Bio

Word of this 'event' was released back during C2E2. Brian Michael Bendis has been doing some great things in ALL-NEW X-MEN and UNCANNY X-MEN. Now it looks like some repercussions from Hank McCoy's actions of bringing the original X-Men from the past to the future are about to surface. As if X-Men from two time periods wasn't enough, we're about to see a third - from the future.

Check out the first look released by Marvel.

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at X-Men: Battle of the Atom #1! From the blockbuster creative team of Brian Michael Bendis, Jason Aaron, Brian Wood, Frank Cho, Stuart Immonen, Chris Bachalo, David Lopez & Giuseppe Camuncoli, comes an event so exhilarating, and so groundbreaking that fans will be talking about it for years to come!

Hank McCoy brought the original X-Men into the present in the hopes of changing the course of history and stopping Scott Summer’s mutant revolution before it even begins. But as the young and confused X-Men try to cope with their devastating futures, the team begins to unravel from the inside. And just as mutant civil war is about to hit its boiling point, an unexpected third party comes in to change the game—the future X-Men! They’ve traveled back in time with a warning—the original X-Men need to go back to their rightful time or they will be the final nail in mutantkind’s coffin. They risked everything to come to the past and won’t leave until the All-New X-Men are back in the past.

Beginning in September and ending in October, no fan can miss this 10-part weekly event:

• Part 1: X-Men Battle of the Atom #1

• Part 2: All-New X-Men #16

• Part 3: X-Men #5

• Part 4: Uncanny X-Men #12

• Part 5: Wolverine & The X-Men #36

• Part 6: All-New X-Men #17

• Part 7: X-Men # 6

• Part 8: Uncanny X-Men #13

• Part 9: Wolverine & The X-Men #37

• Part 10: X-Men: Battle of The Atom #2

Three X-Men universes collide in the biggest war mutantkind has ever seen, and you won’t believe how it all plays out. One thing’s for sure—no reader will come out unscathed!

Who will become unlikely allies? What is S.H.I.E.L.D.’s master plan? What are the consequences for altering time and space? Most importantly, what will determine the fate of our favorite superheroes?

It’s monumental! It’s earth-shattering! It’s X-Men: Battle of the Atom

X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM #1 (JUL130658)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by FRANK CHO

Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS

Wraparound Variant by FRANK CHO

Variant Cover by JOE MADUREIRA

FOC - 8/12/2013, On Sale - 9/4/2013

ALL-NEW X-MEN #16 (JUL130663)

Art by STUART IMMONEN

Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS

Variant by STUART IMMONEN

Variant Cover by ADI GRANOV

FOC - 8/12/2013, On Sale - 9/4/2013

X-MEN #5 (JUL130666)

Written by BRIAN WOOD

Art by DAVID LOPEZ

Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS

Variant by TERRY DODSON

FOC - 8/19/2013, On Sale - 9/11/2013

UNCANNY X-MEN #12 (JUL130670)

Art by CHRISTOPHER BACHALO

Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS

Variant by CHRISTOPHER BACHALO

Emma Frost Variant by MILO MANARA

FOC - 8/26/2013, On Sale - 9/18/2013

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #36 (JUL130673)

Written by JASON AARON

Art by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS

Variant by KRIS ANKA

FOC - 9/2/2013, On Sale - 9/25/2013

Staff
#1 Posted by Poncho (64 posts) - - Show Bio

dat cover

#2 Posted by DarthStorm (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty Pryde with a sword? I'm sold.

#3 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Always been a big fan of Frank Cho's work

#4 Edited by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty Pryde with a sword? I'm sold.

Kitty has had a lot of sword usage (thanks to wolverine). If I remember correctly she has even used the soul sword.

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! cho drawing x-babes. so good. so so so good. *manly tear of joy*

#6 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

Really don't like that main cover by Art Adams.

#7 Edited by Trevel8182 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer said:

YES! cho drawing x-babes. so good. so so so good. *manly tear of joy*

God put Frank Cho on this Earth for one reason, Drawing beautiful Women!

#8 Posted by fables87 (1003 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I just say I love the fact Storm is in a Mohawk again.

#9 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

So awesome. Messing with the past may end the world but at least we Battle of the Atom.

#10 Posted by gohanman (11 posts) - - Show Bio

So the past team haven't receive their new costume yet. I thought they were going to in "All New X-Men" ?

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm getting tired of the X-Men and their numerous events based on their puerile arguments changing the Marvel U.

#12 Edited by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

Frankly, in the past couple of years I have grown tired of the X-Men (besides Wolverine).

There incessant, puerile, arguments with each other that mirror soap operas have worn thing with me. Most of them have become hypocrites (Cyclops and Beast are glowing paragons of this), and their constant whining and arguing with the Avengers for not holding their hands like children doesn't make me pity them, it just makes me grow less fond of them.

Honestly, I really don't understand why the X-Men are focusing on regular humans hating them, and thinking that they are their biggest threat, because the X-Men are their own worst enemies.

#13 Edited by Dr_Cheesesteak (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss reading X-Men =\ maybe once Marvel stops double-shipping @ $4 a pop...

#14 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men only event. im so damn excited for this

#15 Posted by ravisher (691 posts) - - Show Bio

dammit all these books gonna confuse me

#16 Posted by ThorBoy (152 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33441 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Cyclops just die in that teaser?

#18 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Frankly, in the past couple of years I have grown tired of the X-Men (besides Wolverine).

There incessant, puerile, arguments with each other that mirror soap operas have worn thing with me. Most of them have become hypocrites (Cyclops and Beast are glowing paragons of this), and their constant whining and arguing with the Avengers for not holding their hands like children doesn't make me pity them, it just makes me grow less fond of them.

Honestly, I really don't understand why the X-Men are focusing on regular humans hating them, and thinking that they are their biggest threat, because the X-Men are their own worst enemies.

You complain that Cyclops and Beast are hypocrites but what about Wolverine? The savage, honorable samurai, headmaster, family man, loner, who is part of two teams (Avengers & X-Men) that don't kill but he slaughters people in the hundreds (even after x-force).

The X-Men are not constantly whining that the Avengers aren't helping at all. Most of the time they don't want anything to do with them.

The whole point of the X-Men was mutant prejudice. If that isn't the focus of the series then they would be just like the Avengers.

#19 Edited by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

@osian2:

Wolverine kills people if it has to be done. That's how it has always been for him. And yes, the X-men are always constantly having arguments with the Avengers about not supporting their cause. Quite frankly, they just look like whiny children. All X-Men stories now are about them arguing among each other. It's grating to read.

#20 Edited by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: and civil war, its aftermath, and secret invasion, etc are.exactly? The avengers being perfectly happy with one another?

The x-men dont wan the avengers involved with their stuff. That was the whole point of AvX. The X-men believed it was their problem and didnt want the avengers to help or deal with it, because whenever its been a mutant problem before they were the only ones to deal with it.

#21 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Wolverine kills when he believes it needs to be done even if nobody else agrees. There are also countless occasions where he could have incapacitated enemies rather than kill them.

The X-Men are not constantly arguing with the Avengers. Other than in AVX they haven't had much interaction with them and in the current x-books the Avengers have appeared for about 1 issue and then the series would move on.

Other than the crossover between All New and Uncanny the X-men haven't been arguing with each other.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx:

I'm not saying the Avengers don't argue from time to time, but unless your blind, it's quite obvious that for at least the past 5 years all the X-Men have is argue among each other like immature teenagers.

#23 Edited by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

@osian2: Like I said before, if Wolverine thinks someone is threat, and they need to be put down, he'll kill them regardless of what others think. He won't do the job half way and incapaciate enemies, he'll finish the job done and kill. That's how he has done it for the 120-125 years he has been alive, and that's how he'll keep doing it until he's dead. Just look at Uncanny Avengers for an example of X-Men whining at Avengers. Rogue(an X-Man) has wanted to basically rip Scarlet Witch's head for no other apparent reasons than that she is an Avenger.

#24 Edited by Shallbecomeabattoo (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_cheesesteak: why don't you do it like I do with all Marvel books... Wait for the trade (or HC)!

In that way you get six in a nice hardcover shelf ready for a few bucks less, since you always get HCs/trades really cheap, even right when they come out. Buying the floppies is such a hassle, man and most books read way better collected.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (24408 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm done with the X-Men, I find most unbearably annoying. Might check out the trade...in Barnes & Noble.

#26 Edited by CTG (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@osian2: Like I said before, if Wolverine thinks someone is threat, and they need to be put down, he'll kill them regardless of what others think. He won't do the job half way and incapaciate enemies, he'll finish the job done and kill. That's how he has done it for the 120-125 years he has been alive, and that's how he'll keep doing it until he's dead. Just look at Uncanny Avengers for an example of X-Men whining at Avengers. Rogue(an X-Man) has wanted to basically rip Scarlet Witch's head for no other apparent reasons than that she is an Avenger.

Or it could be the fact that Scarlet Witch is the reason mutants almost went extinct...

...and she a got a free pass for it b/c she wasn't in her right mind. Yet the same group who gave her that pass wants to hunt down Cyclops for killing when he wasn't in his right mind. Yet you call the X-Men hyprocrites.

Please if you're going to debate (even on the internet), don't leave out half the facts to make a point.

#27 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: You're a wolverine fanboy, just look at your damn username. Only thing i agree was Beast being a hypocrite, but Cyclops?!?? noonoonoo. At least his allegiance is still true to the Mutant Race, unlike Wolvey with his double agency of both factions, avengers and X-men. You're an idiot, did you forget House of M? Wanda's doing was MAJOR... -_-

#28 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I can't stand crossover story myself. For example, if I want to read Wolverine story, then it should be about Wolverine story only (guests are welcomed). I just hate the fact that whenever I read Wolverine story and, the next issue, all I'm seeing is he is in the middle of battle with 100 of other heroes that left me scratching my head, "What the hell is going on?" *sigh* Oh well. Usually, when it comes to a lot of crossover events, I just wait for the hardcover collection to save confusion, time and money.

#29 Edited by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks amazing

#30 Posted by havoc1201 (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@osian2: Like I said before, if Wolverine thinks someone is threat, and they need to be put down, he'll kill them regardless of what others think. He won't do the job half way and incapaciate enemies, he'll finish the job done and kill. That's how he has done it for the 120-125 years he has been alive, and that's how he'll keep doing it until he's dead. Just look at Uncanny Avengers for an example of X-Men whining at Avengers. Rogue(an X-Man) has wanted to basically rip Scarlet Witch's head for no other appenarent reasons than that she is an Avenger.

or maybe because the scarlet witch made her own people into an endangered species...thats probably the more logical reason not just because she is an Avenger...even thought the main fact that she is still an Avenger after committing Genocide is still something i cant figure out.

#31 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn Frank Cho. I'll be getting this in trade (if the reviews are good that is).

#32 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2244 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is the continuation of All New X-Men? It bleeds into this story from that one?

#33 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

@osian2 said:

@wolverine08 said:

You complain that Cyclops and Beast are hypocrites but what about Wolverine? The savage, honorable samurai, headmaster, family man, loner, who is part of two teams (Avengers & X-Men) that don't kill but he slaughters people in the hundreds (even after x-force).

The X-Men are not constantly whining that the Avengers aren't helping at all. Most of the time they don't want anything to do with them.

The whole point of the X-Men was mutant prejudice. If that isn't the focus of the series then they would be just like the Avengers.

I don't disagree with you with regards Logan, but I chalk that down to bad writing.

Marvel needs to figure out what they want Wolverine to be ... and stick with it. The only real consistency the character has seen was at Claremont's hands well over a decade ago. Not surprisingly, that was the only time he wasn't interpreted by a dozen different writers and their mothers and all in as many titles.

Wolverine should, first and foremost, remain an honorable warrior - a conflicted man fighting back his bestial nature (due, in part, to his mutation and his troubled past) whilst living the code of bushido to the best he knows how. That struggle should remain at the core of the character IMHO - along with the violence seething just below the surface. But his struggle, his code, should remain sacrosanct. Should he fail to do so from time to time? Hell yes. But the story and situation should warrant it and it should mean something. All too often, his rationale behind "killing" is too loosely handled. Far too irrational - even bordering on twisted. I daresay the Claremont Wolverine would have a serious bone to pick with today's Logan half the time.

As stands, Wolverine is all over the damn place - agreed. And we, the fan base, scarcely know whether he's coming or going half the time. Just my two cents on the matter.

/rant.

#34 Edited by TheBlackHood (341 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln said:

@wolverine08: You're a wolverine fanboy, just look at your damn username. Only thing i agree was Beast being a hypocrite, but Cyclops?!?? noonoonoo. At least his allegiance is still true to the Mutant Race, unlike Wolvey with his double agency of both factions, avengers and X-men. You're an idiot, did you forget House of M? Wanda's doing was MAJOR... -_-

Agreed 100%. Cyclop's and Cable's teams are the only two I can stand any more because the rest of the X-men have become the Avengers' boot lickers thanks to Wolverine. My favorite scene in AvX is all the mutants attacking Wolverine and calling him a traitor to mutants, because he's really become a tool of the Avengers for no other reason than the writers wanting to put him on twenty teams. I mean they had an issue of Age of Ultron that they solicited as "Wolverine vs Wolverine". How much more do we need to see of that knuckle dragger?

#35 Posted by LiuKangBakesAPie (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed 100%. Cyclop's and Cable's teams are the only two I can stand any more because the rest of the X-men have become the Avengers' boot lickers thanks to Wolverine. My favorite scene in AvX is all the mutants attacking Wolverine and calling him a traitor to mutants, because he's really become a tool of the Avengers for no other reason than the writers wanting to put him on twenty teams. I mean they had an issue of Age of Ultron that they solicited as "Wolverine vs Wolverine". How much more do we need to see of that knuckle dragger?

Aye...I am so tired of Wolverine now, his varnish has obviously faded. He just doesn't have the appeal anymore since he has caught the "Spider-man" (Parker version) syndrome (when the power that be decided to place Spidey in almost every story arc just because this would boost sales of a book).

#36 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21868 posts) - - Show Bio

That's robot looks is a ripoff of robot from invincible.

#37 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblackhood: too true. Wolverine's boring now. My favourite scene in any X-men book has to be in Uncanny X-men #3 or 4, where Cylops just tells the Avengers to go to hell =D. BADASS! Wolverine has no right to call anyone a murder or killer, or anything for that matter... he's too infected with bullshit, up to the point where his words mean nothing anymore...mwahahahaha XD

#38 Edited by BishopSummers (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's really interesting that Cyclops has become the opposite of what Xavier taught him to be. And All this time traveling might get a bit confusing, but that's why I like it :) If anyone can handle this story its Brian Michael Bendis. X-Men will always be my favorite comics to read. But with Uncanny Avengers I've started to read more Avengers titles and I've been pleasantly surprised. I always thought the X-Men felt a little confined from the rest of the Marvel Universe. I think it's nice to them mingling with the Avengers as it gives me a good excuse to check out some Avengers titles. X-Men for Life!

#39 Posted by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I've enjoyed x-men since wheddon on astonishing but I'll give this a shot when its out in a hard cover

#40 Posted by vPuik (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the artist, but I'll still get it.

#41 Posted by Kerrigan (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Given it's Bendis mainly at the helm, it'll likely be clumsy and lacking attention to detail, but still kind of fun.

I'm expecting pretty much the opposite from Infinity.

#42 Posted by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln:

You're a Cyclops fanboy, just look at your avatar! Do you like your own puerile logic now? I agree that Wolverine has done some questionable things, but saying that Cyclops hasn't is just being willfully ignorant. Scarlet Witch lost her sanity during House of M, so I don't blame her for her actions, just like I don't blame Cyclops for his actions while the influence of the Phoenix Force. Finally, a word of advice, just because someone doesn't agree with you, you don't go on a rant calling them a fanboy and an idiot. Caprende?

#43 Edited by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, it seems people missed what I was trying to get across. What I don't like about the current X-Men is the fact that writers have them constantly do illogical, out of character things just to justify drama, drama, and more drama.

#44 Edited by TheBlackHood (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, it seems people missed what I was trying to get across. What I don't like about the current X-Men is the fact that writers have them constantly do illogical, out of character things just to justify drama, drama, and more drama.

That I can totally agree with. The reason I still like Cyclops' and Cable's teams is that they still have the renegade feel that the book did back when Claremont was writing it.

#45 Posted by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

That I can totally agree with. The reason I still like Cyclops' and Cable's teams is that they still have the renegade feel that the book did back when Claremont was writing it.

Cyclops has become completely different from what he was a while ago. I see no reason to like Cyclop's team because of that.

#46 Edited by Baberaham_Lincoln (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Oh wow, i'm not really a cyke fanboy (Mr Majestic), if i was my username would ALSO be based around him like someone here. I Just really appreciate his character growth, and how he's evolved into something more. Unlike Wolvey who's just the same killer with no real direction in his character (Marvel don't know what to do with him). Your earlier posts were blatantly blaming Cyke while disregarding the Scarlett Witch's wrong doing during the House of M. BOTH were under influence of some external force...

As to your fanboyism over Wolvey, i don't care, to each their own. But your arguments on how wolverine does what he does because that's what he was meant to do (which is killing) and Rogue's attempts at hurting Wanda just because she's an Avenger (REALLY??) is purely out of ignorance...

#47 Posted by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Oh wow, i'm not really a cyke fanboy (Mr Majestic), if i was my username would ALSO be based around him like someone here. I Just really appreciate his character growth, and how he's evolved into something more. Unlike Wolvey who's just the same killer with no real direction in his character (Marvel don't know what to do with him). Your earlier posts were blatantly blaming Cyke while disregarding the Scarlett Witch's wrong doing during the House of M. BOTH were under influence of some external force...

As to your fanboyism over Wolvey, i don't care, to each their own. But your arguments on how wolverine does what he does because that's what he was meant to do (which is killing) and Rogue's attempts at hurting Wanda just because she's an Avenger (REALLY??) is purely out of ignorance...

You say I have fanboyism for Wolverine, yet you have a clear bias against him. If you actually read great Wolverine stories, you would actually know that Wolverine is a lot more than just a "killer with no direction". I'm not a fanboy, and quite frankly, you're the ignorant fool who judges people so capriciously here, not me.

#48 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Dude, I'll be honest. I have not read a Wolverine only story (read things that ALWAYS have him), so i've been judging him based on his appearances in team books or a more than one character book, and even from that, he's boring. So if you have any recommendations, by all means go for gold and tell me any good wolverine stories i can read.

#49 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1504 posts) - - Show Bio

This event just sounds really dumb.

I mean, what is the point for keeping the past X-Men in the present? And Jason Aaron makes some really bad new characters...

I'm sorry, but not a fan. Especially of grown Molly Hayes.

#50 Posted by Wolverine08 (42298 posts) - - Show Bio

@baberaham_lincoln:

Oh ok. Check out these stories, Wolverine: Origin, Wolverine by Chris Claremont (probably Wolverine's best story), Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith, Wolverine: Enemy of State, Old Man Logan, Coyote Crossing, Adamantium Men, Logan, and Law of the Jungle.

I listed a lot of stories here, but out of all the ones I mentioned, I'd recommend you start with Wolverine: Origin by Paul Jenkins, Wolverine by Chris Claremont, and Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith. These three stories will really help you understand what Wolverine is all about.

Also, sorry that I insulted you. I didn't mean any disrespect, and I was only voicing my dislike with the fact that it seems most X writers nowadays have all the X-Men do stupid, illogical, and out of character things just to justify drama, drama, and more drama. It feels like cheap storytelling to me.