• 80 results
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

If you're a Marvel fan then chances are you have been anxiously anticipating the release of Marvel's next big thing -- AVENGERS VS. X-MEN. The event which will pit both of Marvel's massive franchises against one another promises to be one of this year's biggest comic book event. Yet it wouldn't be a proper Marvel event if we didn't see some crossover into other popular Marvel titles, like WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN, for example.

No Caption Provided

Earlier today Marvel unveiled the preview for Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo's WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #9 where we will see the team and it's leader tackle the AVENGERS VS. X-MEN event. In the upcoming issue we'll see Captain America make his way to the Jean Grey School and attempt to convince Wolverine to side with the Avengers.

Historically, we've seen the hero play for both sides, so which one will he choose? If the cover below is any indication, chances are Logan might see himself up against Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow and more. Which team do you want to see Wolverine side with? Are you looking forward to issue #9 of WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN?

Issue #9 is set to hit stores on April 18th, 2012.

== TEASER ==
Marvel is proud to present your first look at, Wolverine & The X-Men #9, an epic tie-in to the highly anticipated blockbuster event of the year – Avengers VS. X-Men! From the critically acclaimed team of Jason Aaron & Chris Bachalo; Captain America arrives at The Jean Grey School Of Higher Learning to convince Wolverine to join The Avengers on the front lines! Logan’s choice will drastically alter the impending war between The Avengers & The X-Men, and Captain America needs him on his squad! Will Wolverine join Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, or will he stick to his X-Men roots? Find out in Wolverine & The X-Men #9, hitting comic shops everywhere and the Marvel Comics app, this April!
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #9 (FEB120547)

Written by JASON AARON

Art & Cover by CHRIS BACHALO

Rated T+…$3.99

FOC – 3/26/12, ON SALE –4 /18/12

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

I just can't get over how..I don't even know the word i'm looking for. Childish? This looks...

Really hope they'd give this book a more serious tone. I mean, it doesn't have to be X-Force serious...I'd just rather it not be so damn...I dunno...slapstick...

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2  Edited By ThePRez

poor toad

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lykopis

So help me if Wolverine doesn't side with the X-Men....

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I just can't get over how..I don't even know the word i'm looking for. Childish? This looks...

Really hope they'd give this book a more serious tone. I mean, it doesn't have to be X-Force serious...I'd just rather it not be so damn...I dunno...slapstick...

the art does have a very simplistic...childish you might say tone...but the story makes up for that 10 fold.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordRequiem

Cap's being a bit of a spanner.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

Hmm, I'm liking the art.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By umbrafeline

so if this is a sneak peek at watxm 9, and kitty is how do you say... back to normal as normal can be for mutants, then they got rid of the broods in her womb?

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Wow, I guess Cap has a time trying to even get a chance to talk with Logan now, huh? Yeah I'm kinda with some of the others here on the artwork being simplistic. I'm sure the story will make up for it though, for in the end that is what I seek more than anything...a good story.

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GBrutality

he's more than likely going to choose to side with the avengers i'd imagine.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By feargalr

@Kallarkz: I think its nice to have a different art style.. given how many x books are out there its cool that they're trying different things with them, even if you don't like it you gotta give em props for that

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Powerzone789

that wasn't much of a first look...

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By frozenedge2

"And that kids is how you get through the the front door safely without using telekinesis or anything" But anyways, I really don't want Wolverine siding with anyone. He's got his hands full already with running the school and still being part of X-Force and they've got things they're doing too. I think for once, Wolverine should be left out of this event

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#13  Edited By The Impersonator

Logan will choose....both. =P

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

The cover gives it away. Claws sheathed facing the X-Men. Claws popped on the side showing the Avengers.

Nuff said.

Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Solarflare32

Looks likely the only good x book will be uxf till this finishes

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Baddamdog

It baffles me how people don't like Bachalo!

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By save.me.now

@frozenedge said:

"And that kids is how you get through the the front door safely without using telekinesis or anything" But anyways, I really don't want Wolverine siding with anyone. He's got his hands full already with running the school and still being part of X-Force and they've got things they're doing too. I think for once, Wolverine should be left out of this event

I think it would be great if wolverine didn't side with anyone. I don't think either side could critcize him for it since his priority is supposed to be the kids at Jean Grey Academy. But since wolverine sells, he'll probably be orced onto the front lines in this war and end up dragging some of his students into it as well.

@Solarflare32 said:

You're probably right.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wowlock

I like characters like Logan because when it comes down to the fact to do what is Necessary...Logan will be the one to do it.

Other teams ? They have their priorities but Logan ? He will do what he thinks is right. And if this means going through both teams ? So be it.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#19  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
@frozenedge said:

I agree that Wolverine doesn't need to be involved in this battle because he's taking care of the kids, but Marvel is going to put him in this event anyway because he's the money maker.
frochez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frochez

@frozenedge: I agree, although its likely that they'll find a way to drag him into it anyway. My guess is they'll try and play on his feelings towards Jean Grey, or the whole 'This is bigger than just you/us/the school' schpeel. After all, we've seen two seperate futures in which the world ends; one because Hope survives, the other because she doesn't. If anything, I think there's going to be at least one group looking for a way of stopping the end of the world while keeping Hope alive.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am still not crazy about the art.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By frozenedge2

@save.me.now:

Yeah you're right and thats why some people don't like him. Marvel keeps dragging him into events that he really shouldn't be included in but oh well, this should be a good event anyways.

You're right about that

Yeah once you play the Jean Grey card, Logan'll basically do whatever you want him to do. But the I wonder how in the hell is Marvel gonna pull this off since either way it goes, Hope is gonna end up destroying the world

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By ReVamp

@Deranged Midget said:

Hmm, I'm liking the art.

+10 ReVamp points.

Spiderslike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spiderslike

I think he'll side with X-Men more because since Phoenix is involved he may have some hope of somehow bringing Jean back or some such non-sense but regardless Wolverine is going to be important to this simply because he's on both teams he's stuck in the middle but maybe for an event like this thats the best place to be.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ReVamp: I can settle for that.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Fantasgasmic

My GOD, Wolverine's head looks TINY.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Miss_Garrick

Man, the art sucks!

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By One_Eye

@save.me.now said:

@frozenedge said:

I think it would be great if wolverine didn't side with anyone. I don't think either side could critcize him for it since his priority is supposed to be the kids at Jean Grey Academy. But since wolverine sells, he'll probably be orced onto the front lines in this war and end up dragging some of his students into it as well.

@Solarflare32 said:

You're probably right.

It could be worse....They could have Scott going to ask Logan to side with the X-tinction Team, which would just blow completely. If anything, I'd rather Logan not pick a side as well given his the possibility of the kids getting involved((though it's going to happen anyway....It has to...)) Either way, it feels like another attempt at Marvel to drag Cyclops name through the mud as they seem to like doing so often.-_-

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
@One_Eye said:

@save.me.now said:

@frozenedge said:

@Solarflare32 said:

You're probably right.

It could be worse....They could have Scott going to ask Logan to side with the X-tinction Team, which would just blow completely. If anything, I'd rather Logan not pick a side as well given his the possibility of the kids getting involved((though it's going to happen anyway....It has to...)) Either way, it feels like another attempt at Marvel to drag Cyclops name through the mud as they seem to like doing so often.-_-

I agree. Lately, Marvel has been making Cyclops looking worse and worse over the years. I wonder if they are planning on making him the next Magneto or if they just don't like him.
Scribbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Scribbles

I'm starting to think the problem is not necessarily with Bachalo's pencils; rather, it seems like the issue is with the colors. Bachalo's pencils are so often given a dark, muted tone that it really makes it tough to discern what is going on.

I am one of the Bachalophiles who has loved his work since his Generation X days, but I still find the recent stuff to be very muddled.

Scribbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Scribbles

@Super_SoldierXII said:

The cover gives it away. Claws sheathed facing the X-Men. Claws popped on the side showing the Avengers.

Nuff said.

But if he popped the claws on his left hand, it would look like he's stabbing Psylocke in the vagina. And that only happens in Greg Land's drawings.

thveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thveej

I really don't know. This whole X-men vs. Avengers seems really forced and a cash grab. Like a lot of Marvel stories now days "cough schism cough" I just don't think the issues that surround these big even should be resolved by fighting/violence. I don't know, I still don't get why they would go to war against each other, I understand the threat of Phoneix force/ potential good it could have; but having Avengers fighting X-men over it seems dumb. what happened to the art of talking things over? Are'nt these people allies and friends with each other? and what about the FF? if this is such a huge issue shouldn't they be involved too? Do the have to pick sides too?

I always imagined the heroes being friends, so concepts like schism and this AvsX thing just doesn't click for me.( atleast in Schisms you have wolvie vs cyclops and the friction that has existed between them for years) It's so hard to have both teams coming out looking good too, someone has to lose and if they just half ass it and have them team up against a bigger threat at the end (I assume thats how its gonna end) its lame and predictable. If they do something original and actually have one side win this, that would be lame too and unrealistic as you are marginalizing a big portion of your heroes (beside the logistics fact that a good portion of the avengers teams consists of X-men)

Also if wolvie chooses the avengers I'll be pissed. He should either stay neutral or kind of aid the x-men. Some person on CV suggested that wolvie would do something with the Phoenix force so that jean grey gets resurrected. I'm really down with that and think it makes perfect sense.

Wuteve, as long as I get Jean Grey back by the end of this, I'll be happy.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#33  Edited By pspin

The beauty of the art is it's simplicity, it is able to tell the story without the complicated backgrounds and busy panels. It is like older movies or Quintin Tarentino movies, not a lot happens in a scene but what does happen is enough to make it great, like the exact opposite of a summer blockbuster where the scenes try to blow you away with loud background noise and chaos (Micheal Bay), I wish I could think of another artist to compare to but none come directly to mind. But I digress the point is the beauty is in the simplicity

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Bachalo is back! I love how he draws Captain America; very reminiscent of the Ultimate Cap that he drew during Ultimate War. His gloves are finally strapped as opposed to loose collars.

DrewHLMW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DrewHLMW

damn man Bachalo is back on art, he's the whole, reason I almost dropped this book back at issue 2, hope he's not on in for long.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
@thveej said:

I really don't know. This whole X-men vs. Avengers seems really forced and a cash grab. Like a lot of Marvel stories now days "cough schism cough" I just don't think the issues that surround these big even should be resolved by fighting/violence. I don't know, I still don't get why they would go to war against each other, I understand the threat of Phoneix force/ potential good it could have; but having Avengers fighting X-men over it seems dumb. what happened to the art of talking things over? Are'nt these people allies and friends with each other? and what about the FF? if this is such a huge issue shouldn't they be involved too? Do the have to pick sides too?

I always imagined the heroes being friends, so concepts like schism and this AvsX thing just doesn't click for me.( atleast in Schisms you have wolvie vs cyclops and the friction that has existed between them for years) It's so hard to have both teams coming out looking good too, someone has to lose and if they just half ass it and have them team up against a bigger threat at the end (I assume thats how its gonna end) its lame and predictable. If they do something original and actually have one side win this, that would be lame too and unrealistic as you are marginalizing a big portion of your heroes (beside the logistics fact that a good portion of the avengers teams consists of X-men)

Also if wolvie chooses the avengers I'll be pissed. He should either stay neutral or kind of aid the x-men. Some person on CV suggested that wolvie would do something with the Phoenix force so that jean grey gets resurrected. I'm really down with that and think it makes perfect sense.

Wuteve, as long as I get Jean Grey back by the end of this, I'll be happy.

I agree with all this! I feel like these huge events are getting so pointless because it seems like they are just making heroes fight each other to cause some kind of drama in the stories that's not really necessary.
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'm really hoping that we get a team that is actually half X-Men and half Avengers from all this. Not an Avengers team with a few mutants on it, not an X-Men team with Carol Danvers or something. I want an actual half way between X-Men and Avengers team when this is all over.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By KidSupreme

i just wanna post something cause i like feeling like i'm a part of something lol haha .. Knowing Logan he will probably start his own thing since he's a rebel lol

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fivestarga

This art disgusts me...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By buttersdaman000

Ive always loved Bacholo's art

MonsieurShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By MonsieurShogun

I'm so glad Bachalo returned :D!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Kinda missed Bachalos art. Pretty glad that this isn't Bradshaw, that's for sure.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Cap's face....

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By clemj
@Fantasgasmic: he is tiny actually
Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I don't know why people are hating on Chris Bachalo's art. It perfectly suits the tone that Wolverine and the X-men is trying to convey and it's a refreshing change of pace from the nitty gritty that dominates the medium today. Don't get me wrong I love the nitty gritty, but art like this keeps the industry fresh. I think it's great.

CROWJACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CROWJACK

WOW is that DOOP at the desk??? I hope so, although Doop would be a pretty bad receptionist/greeter. I'd like to see Doop exploding people again.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jubilee042

Notice wolverine sheath his claws of one hand and not the other .hmmmmmmmmmm STRANGE 

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Mr. Kamikaze said:

It's written by Jason Aaron, you were expecting Orwell? 
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CATPANEXE

They may sway Wolverine back and forth, but I think they'll ultimately side him with the Avengers, even if a sense that makes him lean with the X-Men as well as somewhat of a cop out. This I believe because Schism, and Regenesis seem to me a commercial ploy to eventually have an X-Men style Civil War (honestly, Marvel doesn't seem to be able to get enough of this money making concept, this AvX iteration for a clear example actually) between the split sides of mutants down the line somewhere after this event, and all of this just more staging bad blood and rising mercury to said plot point. On a side it's unnerving that when a question about the writers direction for Wolverines character, I'm immediately compelled to look at him from the marketing angle, something which aside from convoluting his character (most noted on this site by his characters hypocrisy), may actually be what turns readers off about him. On a side note, is that Oogie Boogie in panel #2? I have a tat of him on my hand. Oh, and go Team Captain America Vs Spikes Of Doom! XD

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
@CATPANEXE said:

They may sway Wolverine back and forth, but I think they'll ultimately side him with the Avengers, even if a sense that makes him lean with the X-Men as well as somewhat of a cop out. This I believe because Schism, and Regenesis seem to me a commercial ploy to eventually have an X-Men style Civil War (honestly, Marvel doesn't seem to be able to get enough of this money making concept, this AvX iteration for a clear example actually) between the split sides of mutants down the line somewhere after this event, and all of this just more staging bad blood and rising mercury to said plot point. On a side it's unnerving that when a question about the writers direction for Wolverines character, I'm immediately compelled to look at him from the marketing angle, something which aside from convoluting his character (most noted on this site by his characters hypocrisy), may actually be what turns readers off about him. On a side note, is that Oogie Boogie in panel #2? I have a tat of him on my hand. Oh, and go Team Captain America Vs Spikes Of Doom! XD

Yeah, I think that the whole AvX event is going to make things even worse down the line.