• 59 results
Posted by G-Man (36765 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you get a chance to read Wolverine and the X-Men #1 yet? The first issue is out now and we reviewed it early this week. People may complain about too many Wolverine or X-Men books but this shows how it should be done. If you haven't read it yet, go out and buy a copy.

Today, Marvel has given us a first look at the second issue. There won't be a shortage of action here.

It's not just Comic Vine that loved the issue. Check out the press release with a round up of comments.

== TEASER ==
It’s official, Wolverine & The X-Men is a hit and to celebrate the book’s critical acclaim, Marvel is pleased to present your first look atWolverine & The X-Men #2! Following the catastrophic disruption to the Jean Grey School of Higher Learning, superstar creative team Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo are putting Wolverine and his new school to the test! With the all-new Hellfire Club causing all sorts of headaches for the new students, Logan must rally the troops and face the return of a classic X-Villain!

Fans and Critics agree, they love Wolverine & The X-Men!

“Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo have delivered a fantastic first issue of the kind of X-Men book that I want to read for a very long time.” – Ron Richards, iFanboy.com

“It's nice to feel taken by the hand and led into a world you already know intimately only to find it has been given a serious upgrade that could very well drive it most excellently into the future. I'm in.” – Kelly Thompson, ComicBookResources.com

“If you're looking for an in to the X-Universe, this should do it.” Joey Esposito, IGN.com

“Wolverine and the X-Men #1 makes me hopeful for the future of comic books in America.” – Alex Zalben, MTV.com

“I was caught off guard by how much I enjoyed it and cannot wait for the next issue.” – Tony Guerrero, Comicvine.com

“As far as first issues go, Wolverine and the X-Men passes with flying colors. Enroll now.” – David Pepose, Newsarama.com

Did Wolverine make the right decision by moving to Westchester? Can he keep his school together before it’s too late? Find out this December, in Wolverine & The X-Men #2!

Want to learn more about the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning? Visit www.jeangreyschool.com.

What classes are you most interested in? Join the conversation on Twitter with #XMenRegenesis!

GetGlue users – check in to Wolverine & The X-Men #1 and get your exclusive sticker, today!

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #2 (SEP110589)

Written by JASON AARON

Pencils & Cover by CHRIS BACHALO

FOC – 10/31/11, ON SALE – 11/23/11

#1 Posted by n25philly (97 posts) - - Show Bio

My god the art is awful. Are there 4 Nightcrawlers on the cover? Two icemen? What is the point if you can't tell who anyone is?

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

@n25philly: The one inside the mouth is Husk not Iceman. And in the first issue Beast said some interdimensional gremlins snuck into the school. Back in Excalibur these were called 'Bamfs' and yes they look like mini-Nightcrawlers.

#3 Posted by VioletPhoenix (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@n25philly said:

My god the art is awful. Are there 4 Nightcrawlers on the cover? Two icemen? What is the point if you can't tell who anyone is?

QFT

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, not bad but it just seems the art could be a little better I think. I'm sure where there is a shortcoming in art though they more than make up for in story.

#5 Posted by BKole (502 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked Chris Bachalo. He has a different art style, something that should be embraced more in comics. But, for some reason, is ignored. He gets almost as much stick as Ramos, who is bloody brilliant.

And I actually enjoyed Issue one. So...Good times.

#6 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@n25philly said:

My god the art is awful. What is the point if you can't tell who anyone is?

^
#7 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Bachalo's art. His art has a distinct look that I understand doesn't appeal to everyone, but I like it how expressive and stylized his characters are, and how they differ from the usual "Bulging muscles, epic boobs & idealized bodies"-style a lot of other comic book artists have. I also love it how the art is somehow simplistic yet rich with details at the same time. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but consider me a fan.

#8 Posted by NightwalkerRevan (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, looks like that school inspector lady was hiding something, she's a real man-eater - the terrors of bureaucracy are out in full force it seems lol

More seriously I guess the complaints of the art come down to people either liking or hating Bachalo's work, personally I thought it worked well with #1, so it works well for me. I loved issue one, and I guess if the school inspector's a monster maybe Wolvie and Kitty will get a shot at a pass for their inspection due to extenuating circumstances. Hmm, maybe the mini-Hellfires did the X-Men a favour by accident.

I loved the first issue, so I can't wait for this (this has been what I've wanted from the X-Men for years),

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@MyraMyraMyra said:

I like Bachalo's art. His art has a distinct look that I understand doesn't appeal to everyone, but I like it how expressive and stylized his characters are, and how they differ from the usual "Bulging muscles, epic boobs & idealized bodies"-style a lot of other comic book artists have. I also love it how the art is somehow simplistic yet rich with details at the same time. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but consider me a fan.

Same. Though I have to say that these colours are horrible, which is why many people aren't digging the art.
#10 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

He's definitely not my favorite artist, but Bachalo definitely has his own distinct style and its very good that I can look at something and immediately tell if its by him or not...

#11 Posted by Scottishboy86 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

im glad those mini bamfs are actually a part of the story,i love chris bachelos work,but sometimes he seems to forget what hes actually doing and you end up with panels of characters doing something you cant quite work out and debris floating in the air which is distracting and random little bugs and shit crawling all over the place,but i like what ive seen so far,so im definatley going to buy wolverine and the X men

#12 Posted by astrid12 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Quit complaining about the art, its awesome! There's a chaotic tone to it, perfect fit for the series. I am definitely going to continue reading this one

#13 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9972 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like his art. Its distinguishable and different. 

#14 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@n25philly said:

My god the art is awful.

'nuff said.

#15 Posted by keith71_98 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

UGH! More Bachalo self-indulgent nonsense. No thanks!

#16 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@astrid12 said:

Quit complaining about the art, its awesome! There's a chaotic tone to it, perfect fit for the series. I am definitely going to continue reading this one

I don't think it's the 'tone' that people are disliking.

I like Paige's (if that's who that is) outfit.
#17 Posted by The Impersonator (5555 posts) - - Show Bio

"If you're a fan of the animated series, then you should check out this X-baby." - The Impersonator at home.

#18 Posted by commonlyuncommon (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Paige's current outfit. My favourite was Austen-era, but I also liked the simple uniform from Necrosha. I think I'll have to get used to this bright yellow thing - still, it's better that she's used than not used! I'm just excited that she's finally back in a book!

#19 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

What's with the quotes? From the sound of it, you'd think most people started orgasming after they were done with the book. Also why isn't there any links to the source? Also why is there a preview to an issue that doesn't even come next month? Also did that old man turn into the Lizard?

#20 Posted by G-Man (36765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roldan: It's a press release. Press releases don't always come with links. As to why there's a preview, that's what a 'First Look" is, an early look. And it does come out next month. It's listed for November 23.

#21 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this series so far. :)

#22 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the style, I just think it could be done a little better. The panels look really crowded and it's hard to tell what the hell is going on. Plus the facial expressions are kind of falling a little short.

#23 Posted by BatUniverse (120 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is cool.

The cover is just great! can't wait until this goes out!

#24 Posted by Autopsad (90 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

I agree with this. I wouldn't call myself a fan, but this is growing on me. But of course, by the time it does, another artist will come in and throw me for a loop.

#26 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it all

#27 Posted by G-Man (36765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Autopsad: Hmm...wonder if Cyclops had someone hack into it. Maybe it'll be back later.

#28 Posted by brewski420 (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a big fan of Bachalo's art, but i can def make an exception and love his work on this series. I have no complaints at all about his work here. Loved this comic

#29 Posted by TheLastLantern (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so I like Bachalo, I really do. But he really isnt set out for team books. He dosnt give great emotion during conversations which dosnt bode well for a team book.

#30 Posted by Lonestar88 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Bachalo's art. Maybe its an acquired taste, because I started off not liking it too, but now I'm a big fan.

Anyway, Issue #1 was awesome, most fun I had reading an issue in a while. WATX, X-factor and X-Force are all on the gold side, the blue side will have a tough time keeping up with that quality imo.

#31 Posted by Standurd (12 posts) - - Show Bio

They should of chose ANY other artists for this series. Horribe

#32 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

Not exaclty a fan of the art, i like it and don't like it, but the series is OK so far, some of the characters i was looking forward too haven't gotten a say so yet but (like MATCH) but it's still good.

#33 Posted by stambo42 (161 posts) - - Show Bio

With all the Bachalo hate that floats around, I'd kind of like to see a demographic breakdown on the divergent opinions. How many people who hate him are themselves capable of professional level draftsmanship? When it comes to his sense of composition and line, it may help to have an intimate relationship/ understanding with drawing to dig into it... I've seen how glaring this disparity can get with music/ musicians... but I like to think that since we are such visually based animals, that this would be less of a factor.

Some of the chins on these pages are a bit annoying, but other than that I can't complain.

#34 Edited by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hate his art, it's just strenuous to look at.

Everything is really choppy, and sometimes it's hard to know what you're looking at. And it seems he decided 'fuck backgrounds, I'ma just use a color.'

Edit; I really like his Iceman though.

#35 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Bachalo's art is some of the WORST i've seen...

#36 Edited by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

his work is fine from a distance but when the panels are so small, it hurts my eyes.

p.s. MTV should never review comics. PLAY MUSIC. that is like comic vine doing album reviews.

#37 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh God Kilgore has returned NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I kindof wanted Wolverine to suffer but that's just to much

#38 Posted by Scribbles (75 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're going to just say "Bachalo sucks" without offering any reason, then you're not offering much to the conversation. I've always been a Bachalo fan (and a really big one at that), but I admit that his work can sometimes be too over the top. It gets especially muddled when the palette is dark...in those panels, it can be very difficult to discern what's going on. In fact, there's a small panel in the first issue of "Ultimate War" where it literally looked took YEARS for me to figure out what it is! However, I think his draftsmanship, composition, and style are unique and enjoyable. Sometimes he can be a little hyperstylized, but in the words of Dave Chapelle: "Some people like their cucumbers pickled."

#39 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@Roldan: It's a press release. Press releases don't always come with links. As to why there's a preview, that's what a 'First Look" is, an early look. And it does come out next month. It's listed for November 23.

It still seem strange that there's no link to any of the quotes since this is still the Internet and I'm pretty sure they could've included that. Also the reason i said December was because of this "Did Wolverine make the right decision by moving to Westchester? Can he keep his school together before it’s too late? Find out this December, in Wolverine & The X-Men #2!", is that a typo?

#40 Posted by Sixsoda (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@NightwalkerRevan: I think they are somehow using what the Lizard dose to people

#41 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

why did they let the hellfire club be run by arrogant twelve year old's

#42 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

*looks at the cover*

"School's out!"

#43 Posted by Mutant4life (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I really love Bachalo's art, the detail is amazing.

#44 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing...

#45 Posted by Roter_Sand (26 posts) - - Show Bio

My god, is that supposed to be Rockslide on the cover? Underneath Wolverine?

#46 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

This has got to be Chris Bachalo's best work in a long time and I hope he hangs around on this title for a long time.

#47 Posted by dcfox (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't mind the story so much in #1 but can we get rid of those new Hellfire Club kids already? They were the worst part of Schism.

#48 Posted by krazyman27 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I did enjoy this book quite a bit, but Wolverine's dialogue and tone was completely out of character. I just don't think Jason Aaron knows how to write characters. Bachalo's artwork is AMAZING but the squinty/not-open eyes got to me after a while.

(I'm a little passive aggressive)

#49 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this series, it has a real fun, lightness to it that reminds me of New X-Men, I kind of wish it was Beast and Kitty running the school, however, instead of Wolverine. Don't get me wrong, he's fun, but he feels spread thin throughout the Marvelverse.

#50 Posted by Carolina574 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Are all of those nightcrawler things the "crawlers" from the alternate timeline that was in New X-Men 151-155 where Beast went off the deep end following Jean's (last) death?