gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This April, the Marvel Universe gets turned upside down in WHAT IF? AGE OF ULTRON #1 – the first issue in an explosive weekly limited series, from rising star writer Joe Keatinge and an assembly of the industry’s hottest artists!

In the New York Times Bestselling Age of Ultron, a time-travelling Wolverine killed Hank Pym before he could create the world-conquering robot Ultron. But what would the world look like if a different founding Avenger had been killed instead? Each issue of WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON imagines a cataclysmic alternate universe without one of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!

What would the world look like without the Wasp? A world where distraught Hank Pym never goes on to create Ultron – and instead ushers in a future even more heinous than the one we know! And it all happens this April in WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON #1!

WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON #1 (FEB140759)

Written by JOE KEATINGE

Art by RAFFAELE IENCO

Cover by CHRIS STEVENS

Variant Cover by RAFFAELE IENCO (FEB140760)

FOC –03/10/14 On-Sale -04/02/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

This will be better then the real thing..

Smoker_Harrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Smoker_Harrow

How about an Age of Ultron: what if? that shows if the whole event wasn't a complete mess, a let down and didn't totally destroyed the character of Ultron.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Ultron actually going to appear this time?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This will be better then the real thing..

How about an Age of Ultron: what if? that shows if the whole event wasn't a complete mess, a let down and didn't totally destroyed the character of Ultron.

So is Ultron actually going to appear this time?

I really hated this event. But this does look kinda decent.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll now that it's a What If hopefully we get the dark, depressing story we were promised

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

The ending with wolverine and wolverine and pym was

AAAAAAAARRRRGH i can't decribe it

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the variant cover pretty much confirms what ultron will look like Avengers 2....

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON WAS GOOD #1

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ptigrusmagus: THIS. Seriously glad I didn't waste my money on the real thing! What were they thinking? Calling it Age Of Ultron with him only appearing properly a few times.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I remember reading the What If? solicitations when they were first announced and I was really intrigued. I think these issues have a lot of promise, and I think having them be self-contained one-shots will really help with one of the main series main problems: the pacing.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't bother with the main event, and nothing I see here convinces me to buy this. Given the steaming pile the AvX What If? was, I'll give this a pass. Fool me once and all that. Instead, I think I'll spend my time and money tracking down DnA's run on Guardians of the Galaxy, which seems like a more worthy cause.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending with wolverine and wolverine and pym was

AAAAAAAARRRRGH i can't decribe it

I'm still trying to figure out which Wolverine ended up killing the other and if the current Wolverine is past wolverine or original wolverine.

WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON WAS GOOD #1

LOL

the variant cover pretty much confirms what ultron will look like Avengers 2....

WOW didn't even realize that is basically evil Iron Man armor until I saw this post. I could totally see it now being that.

I didn't bother with the main event, and nothing I see here convinces me to buy this. Given the steaming pile the AvX What If? was, I'll give this a pass. Fool me once and all that. Instead, I think I'll spend my time and money tracking down DnA's run on Guardians of the Galaxy, which seems like a more worthy cause.

I wasn't able to read that because of budgeting but I always wanted to get to it. Was it really that bad? I don't even know what happened in it.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheFirstLantern

Ill be reading the last issue. it seems more interesting, alongside issue 2

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kinda bad when I'm was more interested in the what-if than the real thing...

@arturocalakayvee-That reminds me, Ultron will probably be known as the evil Iron Man armour by non-comic book fans this time next year.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By TommytheHitman
Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Novemberx2

@maccyd: @arturocalakayvee

would these be the people that think the avengers are Ironman's non armored side kicks and Tony stark is arrogant, egoistical, jerk, rebel super hero that is happily in love with his secretary?

Can you imagine if we got a batman begins style reboot of the iron man franchise! Tony Stark an alcoholic, manic depressive! who didn;t have a conventional damsel in distress because Pepper Potts would be married to Happy hogan! the pop corn munching audiences would loose their minds

I await the next marvel ham fisted rewriting of Ultron origins in the comics!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Hank and Ultron are an interest of mine, so this should be interesting series to read.

And I liked Age Of Ultron, so seeing some other alternate reality possibilities could be cool.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: It really was. They killed off dozens of characters (Guardians of the Galaxy, the Fantastic Four, Hope, Magneto, Storm, Cyclops, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Psylocke, Nova, Spiderman, and more) just so the writer could end with Jean Grey and Logan hooking up in what I'm pretty sure was a metaphor for Eden, rewarding Wolverine for his actions even though he killed one of his friends and escalated the whole debacle. It was the single worst comic I have ever bought and you should count yourself lucky that you didn't buy it too. The art was nice, but that's about the only redeemable feature of it.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone dies in a What If story?!

Color me shocked!

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be bothered by that look. But just because it's on a cover doesn't mean anything. It could just that way here because Iron Man died and it's a play on his armor merged with Ultron.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: It really was. They killed off dozens of characters (Guardians of the Galaxy, the Fantastic Four, Hope, Magneto, Storm, Cyclops, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, Psylocke, Nova, Spiderman, and more) just so the writer could end with Jean Grey and Logan hooking up in what I'm pretty sure was a metaphor for Eden, rewarding Wolverine for his actions even though he killed one of his friends and escalated the whole debacle. It was the single worst comic I have ever bought and you should count yourself lucky that you didn't buy it too. The art was nice, but that's about the only redeemable feature of it.

Wow I really hate how Marvel feels the need to have keep hooking those two up. That alone would make me not want to read it. But I'm curious how -she- is revived....

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a lot of hate for the original story, actually liked Age of Ultron lol that's just me I guess. Regardless this looks very interesting.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Miss_Garrick

I knew the Wasp mattered in the Marvel universe! She's so much cooler than Hank Pym.