gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

Protecting the Spider-Verse by any means necessary! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look at WEB WARRIORS #1 – the new ongoing series from writer Mike Costa (Scarlet Spiders) and artist David Baldeon (Nova)! Following the events of Spider-Verse, multiple realities were left without a Spider-Man of their own. Victims of Morlun and the Inheritors. But those worlds still need protecting, and it’s up to a new team of wallcrawlers and webslingers to swing in and save the day. Spider-Gwen! Spider-Man Noir! Spider-Man India! Spider-UK! Spider-Ham! Together, they are…the Web Warriors! From their home base on Earth-001, if your world needs help, they’ll be there! But when Electro threatens all of reality, this newly formed team will be pushed to their very limits. Is their mission over before it’s even begun? Find out this November as this universe-hopping team of webslingers makes their debut in WEB WARRIORS #1!

WEB WARRIORS #1 (SEP150677)

Written by MIKE COSTA

Art by DAVID BALDEON

Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO

Variant Covers by SKOTTIE YOUNG (SEP150679), TRADD MOORE (SEP150681)

And HUMBERTO RAMOS (SEP150680)

Hip-Hop Variant by DAMION SCOTT (SEP150678)

FOC – 10/19/15, On-Sale – 11/11/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Looks neat, but I really hope Punk Rock Spidey shows up, eventually. hehe

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems very fun!

Hyena_Lobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready for this. There were some great personalities and team tropes that made the Spiderverse enjoyable to read. Glad Spidergirl (Anya) and Lady Spider are back too. I really wouldn't mind an all Spider ladies mini series.

As long as ANAD Marvel avoids rehashing Identiy Crisis, who can really complain haha

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Wow, this looks really cartoony

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, but isnt the multiverse gone? I've not read anything for a month but if the whole Secrrt Wars thing ends up with another whole multiverse, and didnt change anything then what was the point?

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i'm going to get this because i love noir spider-man

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@g_leno said:

Sorry, but isnt the multiverse gone? I've not read anything for a month but if the whole Secrrt Wars thing ends up with another whole multiverse, and didnt change anything then what was the point?

The point was events bring in money. Claiming events will change the entire multiverse brings in more money. But, as we can see from what happened post-Flashpoint, going ahead with actually changing the entire multiverse leads to negative fan response and less money.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno: I remember the new 52 was supposed to be a new start, less confusing and cleaning up the multiverse convoluted stories.

Then earth 2 came along, and then eventually convergence happened

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By donmeca2020

The art looks better the secret wars mini series. This might be a pick up.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_leno said:

The multiverse will be greatly reduced, and will now be called the omniverse. It looks like Doom or Battleworld or something will manage to recreate a few more universes, in addition to the 616 one.

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anything with spidey: noir in it, count me in.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lady Spider is back! and are the Web warriors visiting the world of Spidey 66?!?

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know what happened to Kain?

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gamiz7

@kivatt: he might be dead or he might reappear in this series

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a fan of the art :/

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHY WONT THIS DISASTER JUST DIE

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Pass. I hate the team and the art is terrible. After secret wars I'm pretty much done with marvel

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

a good idea, that was fun, but out stayed it's welcome to me.

uggiboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So hope that Ben Reilly returns..it doesn't matter from which earth he comes from..:/

At least he's on the Newspaper on the first Cover..

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kivatt: Kaine? He died in Spider-Verse, then came back, but it seems that no one knows. He's likely wandering around the loomworld.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

love it.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Heatblaze
Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like this line-up of Spiders, but I already plan on getting around 30 Post Secret Wars titles. Don't have the budget, but I like the concept. Spider-Man is a BRAND that should be utilized to produce multiple titles. And thats what it looks like Marvel is doing

ComicBatReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ComicBatReader

I will read this if Kaine is in it.

Also, what might tell us that 2099 Spider-Man might be in this, or a reference.. Is that where Spider-Pig is located, you can find a big 2099 located on the walls.

No Caption Provided

Love this easter egg so much. And they also have NOIR and more on the walls, so yeah.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicbatreader: I think Kaine will appear eventually, tho I don't know if he would join the team.

Siul_CR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is Anya Corazon in this? The Costume from one of the spider chics looks very familiar

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like the concept, but why not just call it "spider-verse" as this is the clear extension of that storyline?

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dedpool

I really like this concept! I also really hope that Spider-Girl plays a large role. I kinda wanted her to get a book with her and Madame Web as her mentor, and Silk like a sister. Love me some Anya, Julie, and Cindy!

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ZombieSamurai

Anyone else think Spider-Man Noir is very out of place here? As a character he's physically weaker, darker and much more violent than the other Spiders which fits coming from his crime controlled environment. Maybe the writer was trying to make him the Wolverine of the series but it stands out way to much for me. Heres to hoping he gets another series.

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: Yeah he was great. Wish he had gotten his own series

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: Yeah he was great. Wish he had gotten his own series

Ditto. Really hoping he turns up here, or in another Spidey title.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one not feeling Spider-Ham on this team? I do like him, but I feel another Spider would be better.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this looks really cartoony

Thats the point. There in the 60's cartoon spider-manverse.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else think Spider-Man Noir is very out of place here? As a character he's physically weaker, darker and much more violent than the other Spiders which fits coming from his crime controlled environment. Maybe the writer was trying to make him the Wolverine of the series but it stands out way to much for me. Heres to hoping he gets another series.

I don't read much Marvel, so I'm curious cause I do like the concept. Why is Noir weaker than a traditional Spider hero? Is his world just traditionally filled with overall weaker characters?

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ZombieSamurai

@scouterv: Spider-Man Noir's powers come from a magical totem of a spider god. For some reason, his powers are weaker than the mainstream Spidey who got his through radaition. He can generate organic webbing but cannot use it in the same way as the mainstream version.(His webbing mostly comes out in bursts, similar to the webbing of a tarantula). His strength is lower than the mainstream Spidey. Spider-Man Noir when fighting Sandman(who in the Noir universe can make his body as hard as sand) nearly broke his hand after punching him in the face. Spider-Man Noir described it like punching granite but this was probably an exaggeration. The mainstream Spidey can punch through solid concert, tear apart carbodium(Anti-adimantium)and even managed to punch Iron Man's helmet off. He can throw cars, semi trucks and even a tank, and punched the Scorpion's jaw off(Through armor). The Universe of Spider-Man Noir has many of the traditional Spider-Man villains but most of them are weaker than their normal counterparts(Except the Green Goblin). To make up for this, the Spider-Man Noir villains are much darker than their mainstream counterparts. If you want a really dark series with good art and a film noir type feel, I would recommend the original Spider-Man Noir series and one of my favorite series Spider-Man Noir: Eyes Without a Face.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiesamurai: I thought all the Spiders got theirs from a Totem animal. The Spider that bit Peter was always going to give him his powers wasn't it? At least, I remember reading something to that effect, but I could be wrong. I could have sworn the spider was magic, but that the radiation changed it before it bit Peter is all.

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: The radiative Spider was a totem in the fact that it randomly bit Peter for a purpose but gave him is powers because of the radiation. At least I think that's the story. Marvel tends to vary on that

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ScouterV

@zombiesamurai said:

@scouterv: The radiative Spider was a totem in the fact that it randomly bit Peter for a purpose but gave him is powers because of the radiation. At least I think that's the story. Marvel tends to vary on that

So, just curious, as to your definition of it. Would you say that Spider-Man's powers are magic or scientific in nature? Speaking to just Peter.

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Sorry for the late response. My definition is that Peter's powers are scientific with a magical/mystical backing i.e the fact that the Spider was instructed by fate to bite him and Cindy in order to have them be part of the Web of Life.

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiesamurai: Maybe he gets some boosts? Either way, it doesn't really matter.

It's like saying Batman doesn't belong in the Justice League when he's the 2nd most valued member.

And Spider-ham is too OP to be there!

Aside from that, the art kinda fluctuates, if it had art like the selfie cover, I'd try and nab these.

Also, who is the guy with the really long cloth and white pants? Never seen him before.

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamejutsu: Good analogy but writers who work on Justice League comics always show that Batman , despite having no powers, is a major and active part of the team. In the past series and the current one, Spider-Man Noir is mostly pushed to the side and stuck doing nothing. Thus I wonder if the writer's of the series added Spider-Man Noir just because they could. I also didn't like how in the previous series, they had him using some very insensitive vocabulary while addressing Spider-Man India. The original Spider-Man Noir was much more tolerant despite his time period. That and the fluctuating art prevents me from enjoying this series which has an interesting concept

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiesamurai: Is he seriously just called, "Spiderman India"? Hmm, k den.

Well, if that's not the case, my guess is that they added Noir because a ton of people think he's awesome, including myself. I'd go and say he's cooler than the original, and dare I say it Spiderham.

ZombieSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamejutsu: I love the character too, but I don't like how this series is using him. I'm hoping that they eventually give him his own series again. And yes, Spider-Man India is literally the character's name.

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers