Posted by G-Man (34037 posts) - - Show Bio

This week we saw the first issue of the relaunched Uncanny X-Men. Mister Sinister has made his return and it doesn't look like he's playing around this time. With plans that seem more ambitious than before, it's going to be up to Cyclops and his new squad of X-Men to take care of the threat.

After a critically acclaimed first issue, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Uncanny X-Men #2 as X-Men: Regenesis continues! The fan-favorite creative team of Kieron Gillen and Carlos Pacheco pull out all the stops as Cyclops and his new Extinction team go head to head against the deadly Mr. Sinister. And with Sinister controlling the all-powerful Dreaming Celestial in San Francisco, his destruction has no limits.

Fans and critics agree – Uncanny X-Men is a smash hit!

“This first issue sets up the new status quo well before diving into the plot, resulting in an entertaining, action-packed, smart comic.” – Chad Nevett, ComicBookResources.com

“Pacheco captures the scope of long shots well while using interesting environments and viewing angles to create an effective sense of depth.” – Poet Mase, IGN.com

“It's time to get on board the Uncanny X-Men train and enjoy the ride.” – Tony Guerrero, Comicvine.com

“With Uncanny X-Men #1, Gillen and Pacheco take a bold step forward in the evolution of the X-Men mythos” – Ron Richards, iFanboy.com

Can Cyclops pull his team together in time to take out Sinister? Will his mission statement fail right off the bat? Find out in Uncanny X-Men #2!

Who’s your favorite member of the Extinction team? Join the conversation on Twitter with #XMenRegenesis!

GetGlue users – check in to Uncanny X-Men #1 and get your exclusive sticker, today!

Also, want to learn more about X-Men Regenesis? Be sure to visit Marvel.com!

Check out these early preview pages for issue #2.

== TEASER ==

UNCANNY X-MEN #2 (SEP110595)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Pencils by CARLOS PACHECO, JORGE MOLINA & RODNEY BUCHEMI

Cover by CARLOS PACHECO

Inks by CAM SMITH

Colors by FRANK D’ARMATA

FOC – 11/7/11, ON SALE – 11/30/11

Staff Online
#1 Posted by Enoch (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Emma an amputee now? :0

#2 Posted by Autopsad (86 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems so (see in the last page).

#3 Posted by jerfro23 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonna know how he got to controll the dreaming celestial?

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH, Uncanny X-Men #1 wasn't all that to me, I'll pick up this issue though to see if it can raise my interest..

#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (15316 posts) - - Show Bio

@jerfro23 said:

I wonna know how he got to controll the dreaming celestial?

Hopefully they'll have a good explanation.I'm tired of cosmics jobbing all the time.

#6 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

.....seriously? Sinister just strolls into Tiamut and bam, he's all up in that?

#7 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

so many sinisters so little time

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest it would be much more wierd if she got her arm back all of a sudden. I don't know whether I'm happy or sad that she doesn't really care about her arm having been "amputated" for a lack of a better term, but I digged the fact that Cyclops didn't really care about it. He didn't let it get to him and I think it lets us see how dedicated to his stance he is. I don't know whether I'd like for this to be permanent though... We've already got enough dismemberment in the X-Men universe.

#9 Edited by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

This actually looks a little interesting.  I don't mind the look Mr. Sinister is sporting either.  Guess I'll have to pick up a copy.  Thanks.

Amputee Emma?  When did that happen?  Uncanny X-Men #1?  Makes me wonder if she'll get some sort high tech prosthetic limb.

#10 Posted by NyxEquitis (401 posts) - - Show Bio

what the heck....why does Emma only have one arm?

#11 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

@NyxEquitis said:

what the heck....why does Emma only have one arm?

In the first issue of Uncanny X-Men... she probably made a fortune off the diamond arm she lost :)

#12 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio
@NyxEquitis A blast sliced it off while she was in diamond form. I assumed it would grow back or get reattached. Poor Emma.
#13 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma was shattered to pieces at one point while in her diamond form, putting her arm back on is nothing.

#14 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

She'll get her arm back soon, but now is not the time to do so.

They need to stop sinister from doing any more harm

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Emma was shattered to pieces at one point while in her diamond form, putting her arm back on is nothing.

Right, but it took PF to put her back together.

There's only one PF wielder as of now and it's Hope...who is not by any means Emma's biggest fan. And it's possible that she doesn't have the experience with the PF to do such painstaking work.

#16 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Right, but it took PF to put her back together.

There's only one PF wielder as of now and it's Hope...who is not by any means Emma's biggest fan. And it's possible that she doesn't have the experience with the PF to do such painstaking work.

True, although I still doubt they'll leave Emma an amputee.

#17 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, Mr. Sinisters! Mr. Sinisters for everyone!

Is it wrong to root for Mr. Sinister and his evil plans? I like him better than I like this team, and he looks so fabulous.

#18 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they leave Emma's arm off for a while, make something interesting happen to her.

#19 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks great. Love the cover

#20 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm. I bet Mr. Sinister is going to use the Dreaming Celestial to bring back the mutant gene or use it against mutants.

#21 Posted by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does he look like Morlun?

#22 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Love sinisters new look I wonder if they will update the maraduers or even wierder a group of all sinister marauders

#23 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome!

#24 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to ask, Gman, was that a press release or did you include a quote from yourself in this write-up just for fun?

#25 Posted by cexce2323 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enoch: No as you can see in the preview she's back in human form....

#26 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmh, Emma still got her two arms. That's jut bad drawing. You can notice the fnger behind her thighs.

#27 Posted by Rhaknar (11 posts) - - Show Bio

is...is that colossus with juggernaut's helmet? what the fuck? (yes i havent read comics in many years :/)

#28 Posted by hitechlolife (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Devil Tiger said:

Mmmh, Emma still got her two arms. That's jut bad drawing. You can notice the fnger behind her thighs.

If you look at the second last panel, she's still missing it.

#29 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

He control's what now.?

#30 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Hope's getting attention.

#31 Posted by GLforHIRE (453 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rhaknar: he became juggernuat during fear itself

#32 Edited by themaskedhero (264 posts) - - Show Bio

They better have a good reason for what Sinister is doing with the Dreaming Celestial, considering that Archangel kinda deactivated it in Uncanny X-Force.

#33 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5877 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

Dont like any character getting mutilated as part of a story. Emma has been shattered to pieces before so its no impossible that she cant be put back together again. I for one hope they writers have not elected Emma to become the new poor cripled mutant for this group since hellion went to the school. The stuff with Sinister looks interesting looking forward to more.

Yeah, I'm hoping that Emma gets her arm back.

#34 Edited by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont like any character getting mutilated as part of a story. Emma has been shattered to pieces before so its no impossible that she cant be put back together again. I for one hope they writers have not elected Emma to become the new poor cripled mutant for this group since hellion went to the school. The stuff with Sinister looks interesting looking forward to more.

#35 Posted by LongUnderwearMan (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Enoch said:

Is Emma an amputee now? :0

#36 Posted by fivestarga (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Extinction team, setting the bar pretty high peeps. I wouldn't bet on Sinister.

#37 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta love Sinister's new classy costume :P

#38 Posted by The Dude. (902 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused? I thought the Dreaming Celestial, Tiamut, went off with the Fulcrum and left San Fran/Earth, or was that a dream? And what's with Collosernaut?? Haven't really kept up with the xmen, so this really seems out of whack for me, not knowing what the hell is going on?

#39 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit can't wait!! This looks so bad ass and issue 1 was seriously awesome!

#40 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dude. said:

I'm confused? I thought the Dreaming Celestial, Tiamut, went off with the Fulcrum and left San Fran/Earth, or was that a dream?

That story is being ignored, more than likely.

And what's with Collosernaut?? Haven't really kept up with the xmen, so this really seems out of whack for me, not knowing what the hell is going on?

During Fear Itself, Cain Marko became one of the Serpent's Worthy, Kuurth. The X-Men couldn't stop him, so Magik along with Colossus and Shadowcat travelled to the Crimson Cosmos. Cyttorak was displeased that Marko was wrecking havoc in another being's name, so he depowered him and granted Colossus the Juggernaut's power.
#41 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@xhavoc86: xD They needed the funding.