Posted by G-Man (32435 posts) - - Show Bio

UNCANNY X-MEN #12 is in stores today. That's part 4 of the fun Battle of the Atom crossover. Because many people like to know what's coming up, Marvel has released a brief first look at the next issue of UNCANNY X-MEN. And because this crossover is appearing in different books, that means it's actually going to be part 8.

Don't look if you don't want to see what's coming up. Who is this guy on the cover?

This October, the X-Men event of the year heats up as Battle of the Atom rages on in Uncanny X-Men #13! Wolverine is down and bleeding out with no healing factor and the Jean Grey School is under attack from mysterious foes! Is that a Phoenix Quentin Quire and who is the blue man on the cover?! From blockbuster writer Brian Michael Bendis and critically acclaimed artist Chris Bachalo, comes the next can’t miss chapter of the X-Men event of the year!

UNCANNY X-MEN #13 (AUG130841)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by CHRIS BACHALO

Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

Variant Cover by CHRIS BACHALO

FOC – 9/23/13, On-Sale – 10/16/13

Staff
#1 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine had a son with mystique. god damn it

#2 Posted by stormphoenix (928 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#4 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

umm....can I read this installment before your show the previews Marvel?! ..really??

#5 Posted by Z3RO180 (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrfuzzynutz: what's the point in realseing a preview after the comic has already come out

#6 Posted by thedevilhunter89 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

whose that kid with the phoenix emblem. he better not actually be affiliated with the phoenix, i mean fine but theirs just so many characters who have/had its power already.

#7 Posted by KillBill37 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedevilhunter89: It's Quentin Quire (Kid Omega) with the Phoenix Force from the future.

#8 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5219 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks solid. Hope to read it soon.

#9 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

First look! We'll give you one measly, uninteresting page!

#10 Posted by jkma68 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is that the blue guy is "Xavier's grandson". He shape shifted to look like Xavier to gain the trust (and also keep off balance) the X-Men of the present. I know I know...he was shown using telepathic powers to track down young Scott and Jean...but that was only after popping a cerebro pill. I am loving the Battle of the Atom so far so I'll take whatever sneak peek I can get!

#11 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (358 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate when the drawing styles drastically change mid story...
i mean i get it why...
But i would rather have one or two issue a month from one artist rather than 5 issues with 5 different artist.
That was the same problem i had with the schism story line

#12 Posted by jkma68 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Also...check out those eyebrows! Those are totally Xavier eyebrows!

#13 Posted by Mangakid1995 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

If its future Pheonix in present Kid Omega I'm cool with that. But if the Pheonix is back for good so soon after AvX ill be annoyed.

#14 Posted by jkma68 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

TWIST: so maybe Mystique didn't have a kid with Wolverine at all...but with Legion! Thus the "Xavier's grandson" thing. And he has a bunch of physical power sets based off of different personalities. I am on a roll...a highly improbable roll...

#15 Posted by KillBill37 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@mangakid1995: It's not only the Phoenix from the future. It's also Kid Omega from the future

#16 Posted by kid Apollo (712 posts) - - Show Bio

that could be the son of Beast and Jean Grey..? theyve hinted at some attraction throughout multiple books and different stories, and its not out of the realm of possibility that he could have been experimented on by someone like Weapon X to get the metal claws. after all, this is one of marvels many crazy alternate future timelines

#17 Posted by BuNKiTZ (164 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited for this! Quentin has quickly become one of my favorite X-Man and seeing him wield the power of the Phoenix Force once more is just fantastic!

#19 Edited by Cavemold (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

SMURF WOLVERINE GO!

#20 Posted by ravisher (684 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine and nightcrawlers lovechild

#21 Posted by MarvelMan1985 (152 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Perfect 10 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

mystiqued raped logan pre marvel now (i say rape cause she pretended to be his then girlfriend) so that explains the child...saw phoenix quentin in a flash of the future in wolverine and the x-men so not surprised by that at all, actually been waiting to see that team: future idie, broo, evan and quentin looked amazing (oh and eyeboy too)

#23 Posted by Scarlet_Spider_Forever (104 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody really know who the blue guy is? He seems really cool!

#24 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent footage!

#25 Posted by save.me.now (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually the Xavier's grandson theory sounds pretty good, I think I'll jump on that too.

#26 Posted by sasquatch888 (338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jkma68 said:

My guess is that the blue guy is "Xavier's grandson". He shape shifted to look like Xavier to gain the trust (and also keep off balance) the X-Men of the present. I know I know...he was shown using telepathic powers to track down young Scott and Jean...but that was only after popping a cerebro pill. I am loving the Battle of the Atom so far so I'll take whatever sneak peek I can get!

great theory