• 65 results
Posted by G-Man (34953 posts) - - Show Bio

We didn't have a new issue of UNCANNY AVENGERS this month but the next issue will arrive with Red Skull making his big move. If you've read the first two issues, you know there's something a little different about him. He has a new set of powers and isn't afraid to use them. It also sounds like there's some other big stuff happening as well.

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Uncanny Avengers #3 from the chart topping creative team of Rick Remender and John Cassaday! Just as the Red Skull uses his new powers to incite violence against mutants across the globe, the Scarlet Witch and Rogue make a terrible discovery that will haunt him forever! Can the Uncanny Avengers stop the Skull AND his feared S-Men in time?

Each issue of Uncanny Avengers includes a code for a free digital copy on the Marvel Comics app (for iPhone®, iPad®, iPad Touch® & Android devices) and in the Marvel Digital Comics Shop. Additionally, each issue of Uncanny Avengers features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

UNCANNY AVENGERS #3 (OCT120587)

Written by RICK REMENDER

Art & Cover by JOHN CASSADAY

ON-SALE – 1/23/13

== TEASER ==
Staff
#1 Edited by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who isnt a big fan of the series?

Edit: Is Red Skull supposed to look like an alien from Mars attacks?

#2 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate unlettered previews! I get the gist of what's going on but I like at least a little dialogue.

#3 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

Make it too...I had high hopes but I hated the first two issues.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraBiel said:

@daak1212 said:

Make it too...I had high hopes but I hated the first two issues.

same here
#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe Rick Remender is writing this.So far it has been almost crap.

#6 Posted by RalfvdH (650 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

He probably sounds like one too... Imagine textballoons in this page..."WAAK WAK WAKWAKWAAAAK !!!"

#7 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

it needs a better suited artist maybe j scott or joe mad if possible and sunfire needs a costume update am i d only 1 who thinks that?

#8 Posted by Veitha (3342 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleah... The SMen look like some anime character.... Don't like this

#9 Posted by nykgordon (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Without reading any Uncanny Avengers...

Red Skull = Black Mask now ????

#10 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Same here. I am disappointed in Remender here and on Captain America. Marvel Now seems to be a jumping off point for me, unfortunately.

#11 Posted by fesak (7057 posts) - - Show Bio

Been underwhelming so far, but i have high hopes for the Apocalypse arc.

#12 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@RalfvdH said:

@daak1212 said:

He probably sounds like one too... Imagine textballoons in this page..."WAAK WAK WAKWAKWAAAAK !!!"

LMAO

#13 Posted by Roxasnelson14 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't seem to like act that much

#14 Posted by RalfvdH (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry... Couldn't help myself.... Kinda fitting, though

#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

@RalfvdH said:

HA HA HA

#16 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

@RalfvdH said:

ROFLMFAO!!!

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio
@jesusdisciple001 said:

it needs a better suited artist maybe j scott or joe mad if possible and sunfire needs a costume update am i d only 1 who thinks that?

Sunfire and Havok both look completely stupid  

@jsphsmth: Yea both are not enjoyable and Captain America is going in a direction I really don't support 
#18 Posted by dreamfall31 (569 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh...picked up the first issue, but the delays made me foreget to pick up #2. Already got enough comics I can pay for, not worth $3.99 in my mind.

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (58069 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassaday should just do OGNs from now on.
BB

#20 Edited by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate this art, the costumes look horrible for most... Im really not a fan of the book... I don't see why marvel is pushing this so much

''Avengers'' is much better

#21 Posted by neiliusprime (255 posts) - - Show Bio

The story so far is very interesting, but the art is just hard to look at.

#22 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

i still think Remender can save himself but GET ANOTHER ARTIST

#23 Posted by Outside_85 (9197 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont really get Red Skull, he claims he hates people who are different so much he's willing to kill every single one of them, but he surrounds himself with those people and he is even one of them himself?

Is it just me or is this just the usual dose of comicbook badguy logics?

#24 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

K who is this Red Skull, am I the only one that remembers he died (again) then his daughter took over. Is he alive again or what.

#25 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

The art's the best thing about this series, for me. 

Cassaday is golden.

#26 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: Remender himself admitted that the first two were kinda slow, but things are gonna start picking up with this issue. The ony thing I hate is how the release date is January 23rd!

#27 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys all need to stop b****in. If you don't wanna read the book, don't. I hate the release date problems, but otherwise I like this series so far. Issue 3 should be solid. And I can't wait for the "Apocalypse Twins" arc. Trust in Remender!

Oh, I also love John Cassaday's art. Not a fan of Sunfire's costume, but otherwise I like it all--especially Havok's costume.

#28 Posted by Lt_Cmdr_Kicker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

the S-Men..

is it just me or do they just seem like poorly conceived henchmen?

#29 Posted by Rolls7royce (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone else noticed that Cap is holding the shield all wrong on that cover?

#30 Posted by kingdomenic (159 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole S-Men thing makes me wonder if the X-Men would have been as successful if Xavier had chose to use his initial from his first name.

#31 Posted by Avengers_4everXX (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeahh, the delays are really annoying, but hey, look on the bright side: there's no possible way Remender's first arc could be worse than the the first arc of Bendis's Heroic Age Avengers

But in all seriousness, love this book, just wish they could get it together with the publication dates!

#32 Posted by HexThis (901 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hanging in for this one, I feel like the cast is just too good to dismiss this early on. It's well-written and thoughtful too, the pacing is just kind off for right now. But you could've said the same about Joss Whedon's Astonishing and they ended up really, really good.

#33 Posted by velvetmeds (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess i'm alone in liking this a lot more than "Avengers"

Not that it's perfect... Plus, the release dates are total bs..

#34 Posted by sparty-dbq (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@daak1212 said:

I know, right? Since when did he not have any lips?

#35 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio
Column HeadColumn HeadColumn HeadColumn Head
terrbile art.
#36 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (307 posts) - - Show Bio

@sparty-dbq said:

@daak1212 said:

I know, right? Since when did he not have any lips?

Holy crap you're right. I can't unsee it now.

#37 Posted by LB70145 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Are all of you high? Have you never read a Captain America comic before? Red Skull has looked like this before. Red Skull has many different looks people.

#38 Posted by velvetmeds (83 posts) - - Show Bio

And this look is pretty cool.

#39 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio
@fACEmelter88: time travel 
#40 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3858 posts) - - Show Bio

I say find a new writer, I still like the idea of the Uncanny Avengers. It would be such a waste to cancel this series.

For Metron sake you nerds, this story arc is almost over so be patient!

#41 Edited by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

@fACEmelter88 said:

K who is this Red Skull, am I the only one that remembers he died (again) then his daughter took over. Is he alive again or what.

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Nah, this one's actually a clone...

#42 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I will be hanging in. The line-up is too good not to. And since Rogue is my number one, it's the only book I can find her in.

Not too impressed, but its not horrific. Except for Red Skull. o-o

#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio
@JakeN7 said:

@fACEmelter88 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I took a shot, it was 50/50 lol
#44 Posted by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm apparently in the minority, but I'm actually enjoying it so far. The art doesn't bother me as much as Avengers vs X-Men's art did. I also really like the line-up, and Havok's hood/cowl/helmet thing is the only thing I don't like about his costume. It just annoys the hell outta me that this is Marvel's "flagship" title and they can't figure out how to ship the damn thing. I mean, in contrast, All New X-Men came out November 14th and it's 5th issue is coming out on January 2nd. That's well under 2 months. Whereas Uncanny Avengers came out on October 10th and it's 3rd issue is coming out on January 23rd. That's well over 4 months!

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JakeN7 said:

@fACEmelter88 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Close enough I guess...both are pretty over-used comic book tropes.

#45 Posted by crodlewan (2 posts) - - Show Bio

just before I looked at the bank draft ov $5651, I did not believe ...that...my mom in-law was actualy bringing in money parttime at there computar.. there great aunt has done this for only about sixteen months and by now took care of the loans on their home and purchased a brand new Mini Cooper. this is where I wen..... www.BIT40.com

#46 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

Rick Remender is just killing it right now. He got the props he deserved with his writing on Uncanny X-Force, but how come I'm not reading anything about what he's been doing on Secret Avengers??? He's connecting the smallers stories into a larger story and it's it been just great. Plus that last issue of Secret Avengers was GREAT!!!!! I wish Opena was on this Avenger title instead of Hickman's Avengers. Remender/Opena should be treated like Claremont and Lee was treated waaaay back in the day with Uncanny X-Men. There hasn't been more of a writer/illustrator duo this good since then.

#47 Posted by entropy_aegis (15338 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me but have comics just lost every shred of originality? why exactly give Skull TP? cant they use a villain who ALREADY has it? seriously and he died 3 years ago in a fitting manner only to be brought back just like that? LAME

#48 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

They should've left him dead and used his daughter instead.

#49 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7 said:

I know I'm apparently in the minority, but I'm actually enjoying it so far. The art doesn't bother me as much as Avengers vs X-Men's art did. I also really like the line-up, and Havok's hood/cowl/helmet thing is the only thing I don't like about his costume. It just annoys the hell outta me that this is Marvel's "flagship" title and they can't figure out how to ship the damn thing. I mean, in contrast, All New X-Men came out November 14th and it's 5th issue is coming out on January 2nd. That's well under 2 months. Whereas Uncanny Avengers came out on October 10th and it's 3rd issue is coming out on January 23rd. That's well over 4 months!

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JakeN7 said:

@fACEmelter88 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Not only is he a clone, but he's from the 40's. They cloned him and kept the clone in storage or somecrap so he's Nazi Red Skull instead of the modern, regular fascist Red Skull.

#50 Posted by JakeN7 (12645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad said:

@JakeN7 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@JakeN7 said:

@fACEmelter88 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Not only is he a clone, but he's from the 40's. They cloned him and kept the clone in storage or somecrap so he's Nazi Red Skull instead of the modern, regular fascist Red Skull.

Yeah I know. It was probably done to create even more synergy between the comic and cinematic universes because the Red Skull from the Captain America movie was the Nazi one.