Posted by G-Man (30677 posts) - - Show Bio

Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at UNCANNY AVENGERS #16 – from rock star creators Rick Remender and Steve McNiven! Mutants are disappearing all over the world – transported to into the clutches of the Apocalypse Twins by the Scarlet Witch’s last desperate act. Now, with no time to mourn the fallen, the remaining heroes of Earth must rally to stop the unimaginable horror the Apocalypse Twins have unleashed and save humanity and mutantkind alike! And there is one who will not kneel before would-be conquerors…vengeful and feral after the death of his teammates, Thor is a mad god out for blood – and he has his sights set on Uriel! It’s the God of Thunder vs. the Angel of Apocalypse as these two titans come to Earth-shattering blows! Plus, in order to stop the Twins, the Wasp must do something that will curse her evermore! Can the Earth be saved? Or is it too late? Find out as the epic Ragnarok Now continues in UNCANNY AVENGERS #16!

UNCANNY AVENGERS #16 (NOV130654)

Written by RICK REMENDER

Art & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN

FOC 01/06/14, ON-SALE 01/29/14

Staff
#1 Edited by ScarletBatman (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Great art, so so story. Well definitely read better in trades than in floppies, I think.

#2 Posted by Oscars94 (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks amazing but Remender seems very kill- happy.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6334 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Boy Oh boy Oh Boy THIS WILL BE EPIC

#4 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 was on the best comics I've read all year. Cannot wait for this

#5 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, what are you looking at? What's so interesting off-panel?

#6 Posted by Mucklefluga (2524 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Ahahahaah.

Poor Cap's face.

#7 Edited by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Really like the story but seriously how log is it going to be. I know eventually Havok and Wasp are on the run from Magneto eventually on this new mutant planet but loooooooooooong story.

#8 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

DAT ART. But does this thing feel like an alternate universe/elseworlds story compared to how everything else is in the MU is going?

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve McNiven's art...

*drools uncontrollably*

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (38938 posts) - - Show Bio

That art is gorgeous!

#11 Posted by New_World_Order (12604 posts) - - Show Bio

That shield throw was cool, also I did not know half of Cap's face was burned off. This will be awesome. I hope, hope, hope, Thor gets to keep Jarnbjorn!

#12 Posted by DrThanos91 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

that looks awesome!,gotta love the artwork!!

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32882 posts) - - Show Bio

This book does a poor job at being the company Flagship

#14 Edited by GothamRed (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Thor: "HAVE AT TH...Hey look there's a Quiznos over there!"

#15 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree. Where are the X-Men? Wasn't this supposed to be with both? So far, it's all about the Avengers taking on an old X-Men foe.

Gorgeous art though. Nice to see Thor shown as the powerhouse he is.

#16 Posted by PunyParker (8999 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

HA!.......nice one.didn't notice.

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32882 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I have to agree. Where are the X-Men? Wasn't this supposed to be with both? So far, it's all about the Avengers taking on an old X-Men foe.

Gorgeous art though. Nice to see Thor shown as the powerhouse he is.

Yea, the Flagship is mean to set the tone for the universe at large but this book seems to ignore everything and sit in it's own corner, it's Hickman's books that seem to be the nexus of the MU

#18 Edited by Xwraith (15618 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94 said:

That looks amazing but Remender seems very kill- happy.

He kills off at least two major characters in every book he does.

#19 Edited by Maddpanda531 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really loving this book. It's had a really exciting and interesting story (albeit slow, at times) and features some really great characters.

#20 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I don't think marvel really considers this the flagship title anymore.

#21 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's looking awesome :)

#22 Posted by Oscars94 (2348 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by dreamfall31 (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, Cap is getting f***ed up!

#25 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4925 posts) - - Show Bio

Remender is one of my favorite writers. Love this book. For any of those who are fans of him you should check out his book at Image "Black Science".

#26 Posted by HushoftheWind (816 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, Cap is getting f***ed up!

my thoughts exactly, who tore off and whoop his a** now!? (Bad Boys reference).

#28 Posted by sparty-dbq (779 posts) - - Show Bio

Love how Reminder is making this book a Master's course in recent Marvel history. There's so many past storylines that show their face here that you really need to know your stuff to get it all.

#31 Edited by save.me.now (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh.... this Book is about the "Unity Squad" which has nothing to do with the X-Men. On paper, it's an Avengers Squad dispatched to deal with Mutant issues and mutant-human relations.

But due to poor teamwork, Wanda being gullible and just general bad timing of the team's formation things aren't going too well. In fact, if the real X-men or Avengers teams were dealing with this it probably wouldn't be going so badly for the good guys.