inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Marvel is proud to present your first look at ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #200 – the monumental anniversary issue! Legendary writer Brian Michael Bendis teams with Ultimate Spider-Man artists past and present for a celebration of all things Peter Parker, Miles Morales, and more! This epic, double-sized issue features art by Dave Marquez, Mark Bagley, Mark Brooks, Sara Pichelli, and David Lafuente!

On the anniversary of his death, the whole world mourns the loss of Peter Parker, the original Spider-Man. At the home of May Parker, a more intimate gathering of Peter’s closest friends grieve for the loss of their dear friend. But even as they remember their fallen friend, a sinister plan has been set in motion. And the shocking truths about Peter and his world are about to be revealed.

Plus, don’t miss the shocking ending that will have everyone talking! Seeds sown here will bear bitter fruit for Miles in the upcoming Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man series! And it all starts here! No fan can afford to miss the epic ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #200!

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #200

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by DAVE MARQUEZ, MARK BAGLEY, MARK BROOKS, SARA PICHELLI & DAVID LAFUENTE

Covers by MARK BAGLEY (FEB140774) & DAVID MARQUEZ (FEB140775)

FOC –03/10/14 On-Sale -04/02/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Whoa Ultimate Scarlet Spider?

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

I forgot how stupid Peter's long hair was

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

Wait what is that? Ultimate Iron Spider suit? He's changing his costume or is that a new character?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By PunyParker

First page,i think it's MJ(probably it's not),and the guy is?.......

Who's the Iron - Spider?!......

@ninjablade09 LOOK!

@cobra88king8 said:

It sure was.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: As much as I love Ultimate Peter Parker I'm not sure it's a good idea that it would be him. (shield faked his death) Maybe it's another clone.......

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Wait what is that? Ultimate Iron Spider suit? He's changing his costume or is that a new character?

No,he's not changing,cuz Miles is accually in the back of the pic.....you can see him.
Creating Spider-characters that are not Peter is getting streching.........the characteer of Spider-Man is getting weaker....."now everyone's Spider-Man" kinda thing.....

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

OHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGOD!!!!! IRON SCARLET SPIDER! I CAN'T BREATHE. I CAN'T BREATHE. THAT COSTUME IS TOO COOL.

Also - Iron Man's armor? Looks weird. Cap and Thor are present. As is Hank Pym. Strangeness.

But back to the Iron Scarlet Spider..

OHMIGOD.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

No,he's not changing,cuz Miles is accually in the back of the pic.....you can see him.

Creating Spider-characters that are not Peter is getting streching.........the characteer of Spider-Man is getting weaker....."now everyone's Spider-Man" kinda thing.....

I agree. It's becoming too much and thining the idea out. I think that guy with MJ is her new boyfriend. I think the writer is trying to show that she's moving on.

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Iron Spider-man picture is probably what could have been. I think its Peter. But not real.

ArcGospell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks amazing! Can't wait for this.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for this. Marquez's art is so good, I think I like him more than Pichelli on this title

Shinjiro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

has to be peter, notice how front and center he is?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@punyparker: As much as I love Ultimate Peter Parker I'm not sure it's a good idea that it would be him. (shield faked his death) Maybe it's another clone.......

Of cource it's a bad idea!....i was bummed when he died,but .....he dead.Done.Fin.

Don't bring him back.Ultimate U already seem to be ressurecting Norman,Gwen and everything......i liked that people died in 1610....and remained dead.

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

@dernman said:

I agree. It's becoming too much and thining the idea out. I think that guy with MJ is her new boyfriend. I think the writer is trying to show that she's moving on.

Yep.There's always a line.Miguel O Hara?....future Spidey.Ok.I can understand that.Noir,Ultimate?...Fine,it's different incarnations of Peter,interesting,awesome.Even Superior...it's a Peter Parker story where a mutha%^&* gets ahold of his body...it's not a different Spidey.....but with Miles,they just went to create a black Spider-Man?...why?.....the most stupid explanation i heared is "To make african American people people relate to him".....that's incredibly rascist!!.....the magic of Parker is that he's the everyman,not in the "No money,girl troubles,personal problems" way.....he's the everyman in the case that everyone can relate to him,no matter anything!....the mask covers up the whole face,he's "Our guy" !....and killing Peter Parker,and making someone else Spider-Man,just because your think tank of Peter stories is empty,is dumb.......

Sorry for that mini rant,Miles is a great character,Bendis is my favorite writer,but i found this concept weird....

ON TOPIC: I have doubts it's MJ now......look inside the appartment....Gwen is conforting a sad redhead(bright red) which is obviously MJ ,and she's dressed differently than the girl outside.Plus the hair is more brown than red.....maybe it's Kitty?....

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By w0nd

@cobra88king8 said:

I liked that issue where they called him on it. said it made his head look like charlie browns round head under his mask

@ralfvdh I agree. It's just a spread, cover art and spreads shouldnt be taken seriously...remember that issue of spider-men where it showed a beaten miles held by peter....which didnt happen at all in the issue and everyone freaked out and thought they were killing him too ...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ON TOPIC: I have doubts it's MJ now......look inside the appartment....Gwen is conforting a sad redhead(bright red) which is obviously MJ ,and she's dressed differently than the girl outside.Plus the hair is more brown than red.....maybe it's Kitty?....

You're right it's not MJ. I totally missed Gwen with the red head in the apartment. I don't feel like it's Kitty but what about Spider-Woman?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@ralfvdh said:

That Iron Spider-man picture is probably what could have been. I think its Peter. But not real.

Agreed. I think Peter is supposed to be the middle ground between Iron Man (funny, smart) and Captain America (noble, unselfish), his biggest heroes, so it makes sense he'd evolve into that look.

Similirly, I think Miles will be the middle ground between Nick Fury and Captain America.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Gwen never really died in the UU

Well......in that way noone really died in comics dude......everyone were "presumed "dead".....
Batman,Norman,Cap and the list goes on.

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

You're right it's not MJ. I totally missed Gwen with the red head in the apartment. I don't feel like it's Kitty but what about Spider-Woman?

It's freaking ridiculous,now im more confused....i spotted more stuff.

There are 2 brown haired ladies in the appartment --which is a house,really,i dont know why we're calling it an appartment,but whatever... :P-- and a blonde haired one.....these are the gals,not counting Gwen and MJ......so Kitty,who's a brunette, can accually be in the house already....which raises the question...who the hell is that girl outside,and who the hell is the d-bag with her?....
Plus i haven't been following USM pationatelly for a while,so my knowledge of Ultimate Spider-Ladies hobbles to MJ,Gwen,Kitty and the transvestite Peter Parker (i'll never get over that...)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Gwen never really died in the UU

Didn't she? Wasn't she just recreated by Carnage making her something akin to a clone.

@ralfvdh said:

Agreed. I think Peter is supposed to be the middle ground between Iron Man (funny, smart) and Captain America (noble, unselfish), his biggest heroes, so it makes sense he'd evolve into that look.

Similirly, I think Miles will be the middle ground between Nick Fury and Captain America.

How is Miles anything like Fury?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@punyparker said:

@dernman said:

I agree. Now I actually like Miles well enough now. I've been giving his series another chance I gotta admit it's not that bad. Didn't care for it the first time around since it was still a bit too soon after Ultimate Peter's death and then shortly MAINSTREAM Peter's death I wasn't in the mood for a new Spider-Man. But since then I've given it another go and I've found I do like Miles fairly well.

That being said, there are only about 3 Spider-Man related characters that have a definite Spider theme that I like. Venom, Scarlet Spider, and Spider-Girl. That's usually it. I mean, sure Spider-Man is almost like Batman in the sense that a lot of people can come together under the "Mantle of The Spider" but given the fact that Spider-Man has always generally been a loner it really stretches things like you said.

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MixMastaMicah5

Man, that's one helluva artist team. I've loved all the artist on Ultimate Spider-Man, this title is what got me into comics and is still maintaining that great quality it had back in 2000. Definitely picking this up and am really intrigued in regards to the Iron Spidey page, MJ's new boyfriend (?), and future villains. I also love the decision of the last arc of USM where they jumped forward in time to age Miles.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

No you were right. Look closely, the red-head outside has green eyes AND the same stockings and boots the MJ inside the house has. I wouldn't assume these pages are in chronological order.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: She's a complete genetic recreation so she's basically the same person also it's not kill she was killed off and brought back a year later or anything, she wasn't even gone for an arc

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: She is and she is not a clone at the same time, it’s very confusing

could the iron spider be the scorpion?

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@dernman said:

Of cource it's a bad idea!....i was bummed when he died,but .....he dead.Done.Fin.

Don't bring him back.Ultimate U already seem to be ressurecting Norman,Gwen and everything......i liked that people died in 1610....and remained dead.

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

@dernman said:

Yep.There's always a line.Miguel O Hara?....future Spidey.Ok.I can understand that.Noir,Ultimate?...Fine,it's different incarnations of Peter,interesting,awesome.Even Superior...it's a Peter Parker story where a mutha%^&* gets ahold of his body...it's not a different Spidey.....but with Miles,they just went to create a black Spider-Man?...why?.....the most stupid explanation i heared is "To make african American people people relate to him".....that's incredibly rascist!!.....the magic of Parker is that he's the everyman,not in the "No money,girl troubles,personal problems" way.....he's the everyman in the case that everyone can relate to him,no matter anything!....the mask covers up the whole face,he's "Our guy" !....and killing Peter Parker,and making someone else Spider-Man,just because your think tank of Peter stories is empty,is dumb.......

Sorry for that mini rant,Miles is a great character,Bendis is my favorite writer,but i found this concept weird....

I don't think it's Kitty since she is seen inside with the others. Also the mysterious red head has the wrong colour eyes for it to be Kitty Pryde.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

If they bring Peter back, I will definitely pick up the series again.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sentryman555

@dernman said:

@punyparker said:

I assumed it was just MJ with her coat on. You can see she's wearing similar shoes and dress to MJ inside the house. Her hair might be darker cause they're in the shade outside.

Also is ultimate Spider-man changing its name to Mile Morales: Ultimate Spider-man? Or is their going to be two ultimate spiderman comics now? If theirs going to be two then Peter is probably definitely coming back.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Ultimate Iron Spider? Along with a bunch of dead heroes? Intriguing.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally, I would just dismiss that last image as just a picture that means nothing. Buncha dead characters and whatnot. Not too important. But it's the costume that's throwing me off. Peter can't really be coming back, can he? A clone, maybe? Someone completely new? Just a total tease that means nothing? Who knows, right? Could mean anything. Could mean nothing.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: No but I mean she actually never died

Practically,no she didn't.You're right.

@hysteria said:

I don't think it's Kitty since she is seen inside with the others. Also the mysterious red head has the wrong colour eyes for it to be Kitty Pryde.

No you were right. Look closely, the red-head outside has green eyes AND the same stockings and boots the MJ inside the house has. I wouldn't assume these pages are in chronological order.

I am so confused right now......i mean,yeah ,i noticed that she wears the same under-waste outfit like the MJ inside the house,but......the hair is not so red outside....and it's very red inside....

I agree. Now I actually like Miles well enough now. I've been giving his series another chance I gotta admit it's not that bad. Didn't care for it the first time around since it was still a bit too soon after Ultimate Peter's death and then shortly MAINSTREAM Peter's death I wasn't in the mood for a new Spider-Man. But since then I've given it another go and I've found I do like Miles fairly well.

Never said Miles is a bad character...on the contrary,he's a good character,and i have nothing against him,but i was bummed that they made a Spider-Man out of him......create a new character!!.....make Miles his own person!!....anyway.

That being said, there are only about 3 Spider-Man related characters that have a definite Spider theme that I like. Venom, Scarlet Spider, and Spider-Girl. That's usually it. I mean, sure Spider-Man is almost like Batman in the sense that a lot of people can come together under the "Mantle of The Spider" but given the fact that Spider-Man has always generally been a loner it really stretches things like you said.

Same like Iron Man and his armors.....EVERYONE were Iron Man,for Christ's sake......Even Norman.
The genious of Matt Fraction got that, and made a doohickey --i don't remember what exacly-- so now(then) Tony could only be Iron Man....noone else.
It takes away some of the uniqueness of the character.

Oh! and for me Batman and Spider-Man aren't legacy mantle characters....it's Bruce and Peter.....noone else can be what they are.
I like originality and traditionality. (If "traditionality" is a term,i think it is,but not sure :) )

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also is ultimate Spider-man changing its name to Mile Morales: Ultimate Spider-man? Or is their going to be two ultimate spiderman comics now? If theirs going to be two then Peter is probably definitely coming back.

It's gonna be "Miles Morales:Ultimate Spider-Man".

I assumed it was just MJ with her coat on. You can see she's wearing similar shoes and dress to MJ inside the house. Her hair might be darker cause they're in the shade outside.

It is the shade,yeah,but MJ has a lot more red-er hair inside.....shading,ok,but not so much......

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: again I think it's almost 100% chance that's MJ, look at the shadows and overall darker setting outside compared to the extremely well lit living room. Obviously the brightness of the hair will depend on the setting. I think you're reading..err..looking too much into this. The coloring is really well done here, reflecting the setting she is in.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By micah007123

Love the Ultimate Universe picking it up. I wonder if that's Ultimate Scarlet Spider

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: again I think it's almost 100% chance that's MJ, look at the shadows and overall darker setting outside compared to the extremely well lit living room. Obviously the brightness of the hair will depend on the setting. I think you're reading..err..looking too much into this. The coloring is really well done here, reflecting the setting she is in.

I lean towards that too.....eventually.
Marquez is brilliant man.....wish he was drawing Peter.....

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Then I'll hope their changing the title cause they're gonna announce ultimate Pete is coming back in his own series too. Nothing against Miles I just really want that ultimate iron spider costume to be around for awhile. It looks awesome.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Then I'll hope their changing the title cause they're gonna announce ultimate Pete is coming back in his own series too. Nothing against Miles I just really want that ultimate iron spider costume to be around for awhile. It looks awesome.

Oh! yeah that costume....we were so invested in the mystery of "Is it Mary Jane or not" that we forgot that there is a FREAKING IRON SPIDER on the Bagley cover.... ( :P )

I really don't know who that is,...i assume it's Peter,but im not sure if i want him to be....
But if he's getting a series,Bendis better write that too.

Drewyetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The artwork is fantastic!!! Marquez has really out did himself!!! In the picture is i believe to be Bombshell, Jessica Drew, Gwen Stacey, Mary-Jane, Miles, Ganke, Johnny Storm, either Susan Storm or Liz Allen, Bobby Drake, Aunt May

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh!......um.....anyone noticed that on the Bagley cover, there is a Captain America?.....he's dead right?....

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Are we sure that's a cover? Could be a text-less (for now) double page spread. Either way it has me intrigued. And you're right, the fate of Captain America remains a mystery.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dernman

Also is ultimate Spider-man changing its name to Mile Morales: Ultimate Spider-man?

That's what it looked like to me.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art on this is Great, This is art!!!! I aint a big fan of the ultimate universe, but this looks appealing enough to get me to try.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kidchipotle

@punyparker said:

Oh!......um.....anyone noticed that on the Bagley cover, there is a Captain America?.....he's dead right?....

Yes but there are other characters on that cover that are dead too. (And I hope Cap isn't dead though it would be cool seeing someone else be Cap America……!!)

Avatar image for kovandeontaemiller
KovanDeontaeMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: He's assumed dead right? I don't think they found a corpse, which means he's probably alive.

As for the Iron-Spider maybe it's the Scorpion clone that was being held by S.H.I.E.L.D.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Looks more like the Iron Spider to me.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

The Scarlet Spiders also wore that suit

No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

Yes but there are other characters on that cover that are dead too. (And I hope Cap isn't dead though it would be cool seeing someone else be Cap America……!!)

Ultimate Cap is a dick.He was a dick to Peter.And many others.I don't care what people say,i like Captain America for what he is.Ultimate is a dick.

And you're right,there's Thor and -presumably- Peter there....they're both dead.

@punyparker: He's assumed dead right? I don't think they found a corpse, which means he's probably alive.

As for the Iron-Spider maybe it's the Scorpion clone that was being held by S.H.I.E.L.D.

@punyparker: Are we sure that's a cover? Could be a text-less (for now) double page spread. Either way it has me intrigued. And you're right, the fate of Captain America remains a mystery.

I think he's held by the FF.
And as Arturo pointed out,there are other dead characters on the cover/double page spread like Thor.....so we don't have a clue what's going on.....

THEORY: A massive Universe shattering brings back Thor,Cap and Peter back,and they now co-exist along with the current Marvel U.....and Peter changes costume because people know who he is.Thus the Iron Spider one.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#49  Edited By Teerack
@jonny_anonymous said:

@teerack said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

The Scarlet Spiders also wore that suit

No Caption Provided

One of the members of Team Red started going by Scarlet Spider, but even then they were referred to as the Iron Spiders.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50  Edited By Erik

I wonder why Thing is back in his rocky form....