Posted by G-Man (30668 posts) - - Show Bio

Back in July, Dynamite Entertainment announced J. Michael Straczynski would be writing THE TWILIGHT ZONE, based on the original television show. Today they are ready to announce the interior artist as well as give us a look at some pages.

Guiu Vilanova (DARK SHADOWS) will be joining JMS along with Francesco Francavilla providing art for the covers.

The Twilight Zone #1 introduces Wall Street investor Trevor Richmond, a man who has embezzled millions and is about to tank the economy. Desperate to avoid the consequences for his actions, he goes to Expedited Services, which offers to help him disappear and enjoy a life of leisure in a new life. But what exactly is this new life, how much is freedom worth, and what happens to the old life when someone else shows up to claim it? The first installment of three interlocking stories, The Twilight Zone #1 will push the boundaries of science fiction into new and uncharted territory, a journey that will travel into the past and the future, through murder and revenge, ...and into the sunrise of nuclear Armageddon.

THE TWILIGHT ZONE #1 will be solicited in Diamond Previews November 2013 catalog. Each issue will also be available on digital platforms through comiXology, iVerse and Dark Horse Digital.

Guiu Vilanova, says, "Any new project presents new challenge for me, and I take them on with the best of my intentions at heart. I'm very excited about Twilight Zone, and hope that the fans will be proud of the work. About J. Michael Straczynski, all can I say is that his reputation precedes him, so it is a great pleasure to be able to collaborate with him. I truly believe that we will do amazing work here!" Previously, Vilanova contributed to several atmospheric horror titles at Dynamite, including Raise the Dead 2, Dark Shadows, and Dark Shadows: Year One -- all series with a great sense of dramatic tension and aesthetics that lend perfectly to The Twilight Zone. "It's not a secret that I have always been a great ink lover, using a lot of black in my art. Artists as Mike Mignola and Eduardo Risso are my inspirations."

Staff
#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32867 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2524 posts) - - Show Bio

That was July when it was announced! Man.

#3 Posted by bob808 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#4 Posted by jwalser3 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait.

#5 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I do look forward to this. I hope one of the issues is "Architects of Fear"...

#6 Edited by Mxyzptlk_CV (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!!! I love the Twilight Zone!!!!

#7 Posted by Mandrewgora (295 posts) - - Show Bio

think it would look cool in black and white.

#8 Posted by Psycho_Soldier (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked his Wonder Woman run & TZ is a classic, I'll be waiting for this

#9 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension........ a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into.......................... The Twilight Zone.

#10 Posted by Ashr (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Will definitely give this a try and wonder if a resurrected TV series could be successful today.

#11 Posted by zedneptune (21 posts) - - Show Bio

The episodic nature of Twilight Zone would fit perfectly into a single-issue arc format. I hope Dynamite does this one justice!

#12 Posted by BigL (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this, The Twilight Zone is my favorite show

#13 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

nice!!!!!!!

"you are now entering a world, a world not just of sight and sound, but of mind..."

#14 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

I love JMS, one of my favorite writers in comics.

#15 Posted by Smallville2106 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it an monthly ongoing?

#16 Posted by manwithoutshame (626 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to have to get this, huge fan of the show.

#17 Posted by zombietag (1491 posts) - - Show Bio

wait.

its not in black and white??

#18 Posted by Jaymundo (168 posts) - - Show Bio

I will definitely be purchasing this!

#19 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

think it would look cool in black and white.

That's what I was thinking. Still sounds pretty cool though.

#20 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#21 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2687 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it an monthly ongoing?

The first installment of three interlocking stories, The Twilight Zone #1 will push the boundaries of science fiction into new and uncharted territory, a journey that will travel into the past and the future, through murder and revenge, ...and into the sunrise of nuclear Armageddon.

#22 Edited by DadaHyena (61 posts) - - Show Bio

"Richmond"....'cuz he's rich. Get it?

#23 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, well it will be interesting to see if Twilight Zone works in comic book form. Though I'm going to go out on a limb and say Richmond will find out at the end, he's in HELL! Or that there was something on the plane wing, or that he looks fine, but everybody else is ugly as sin, Or that he is Hitler. It's usually one of those choices.

#24 Edited by Commander_Kane (715 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember always hearing about this show, I'd see re-runs of it on TV land I beileve. I never gave this a chance firstly because it was in black and white, and secondly because I didn't understand the classic nature and dialogue. But when I was 16 I discovered it on Netflix, and gave it a shot. It was late and I ha nothing else to watch, and thank god I did. Amazingly smart, brilliant acting, and every episode with Burgess Mereith was my favorite. Especially the one where he plays the Devil. And "Masks" is also one of my close favorites.

Honestly making this into comics is a pretty awesome idea. Can't wait to read!

#25 Posted by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh this is so cool! I hope it turns into a monthly ongoing, I love the idea of a fresh solitary story every month. Having a new creative team for each issue would be sweet as well, but we'll see how these 3 issues go.

And yes please to a new tv series. I hope to see a new Twilight Zone and a new Star Trek series sometime soon.

#26 Posted by Farkam (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

How coincidental, I just bought TZ S1 today.