Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

TOMB RAIDER #1

Superstar writer Gail Simone picks up Lara Croft’s story where the smash hit Tomb Raider game left off—in a new ongoing comics series!

Following the game acclaimed for its bold and sophisticated new vision, this series launches Lara Croft on the formative adventures that will change her life forever!

* The official continuation of Lara Croft’s story!

* The 2013video game sold over 3.5 million copies!

Tomb Raider is the quintessential example of a reboot done right.”—Gaming Trend

Writer: Gail Simone
Penciller: Nicolás Daniel Selma
Inker: Juan Gedeon
Colorist: Michael Atiyeh
Cover Artist: Dan Dos Santos
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

When I played this game I thought Lara was a merciless serial killer. Anyone else feel the same?

fallbrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fallbrigade

The art is kinda meh but I am looking forward to this as I loved the story in the rebooted game, can't wait to see how the rest of her story goes.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

loved the game and with Simone writing this I know it's going to be great...can't wait!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@tommythehitman: Have you never played a Tomb Raider game before?

loved the game and with Simone writing this I know it's going to be great...can't wait!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Loved the game, probably gonna check this out

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jonny_anonymous: I have! But the developers put so much effort into making her seem like this "Scared, frightened" individual that when she started killing dudes with zero remorse (guys who just wanted to get off the island I might add) she seemed kinda psycho! Also she pointed a gun at an innocent pilot's head and threatened to shoot him for the crime of wanting to stay alive! She could have at least buried the poor guy!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous: I have! But the developers put so much effort into making her seem like this "Scared, frightened" individual that when she started killing dudes with zero remorse (guys who just wanted to get off the island I might add) she seemed kinda psycho! Also she pointed a gun at an innocent pilot's head and threatened to shoot him for the crime of wanting to stay alive! She could have at least buried the poor guy!

People do desperate things when trying to survive. I wouldn't have been bothered about hurting that pilots feelings either

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman said:

People do desperate things when trying to survive. I wouldn't have been bothered about hurting that pilots feelings either

plus all but like 5 people on the island wanted her dead and wanted to sacrifice her best friend...so yeah killing them didn't really bother me in the game

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, well, well, this looks to be pretty something cool.

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

I think I might get this.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love me some Gale Simone but she's not the ONLY lady writer in the industry. She's on EVERYTHING! (which is good until you start to feel saturated)

What about Kathryn Immonen and all the other ones we have?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I got the game recently. Can't wait to play it.

Aeron_Glyndwr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The interior art is AMAZING

Aeron_Glyndwr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love me some Gale Simone but she's not the ONLY lady writer in the industry. She's on EVERYTHING! (which is good until you start to feel saturated)

Kelly Sue DeConnick has quite a few books out right now/about to come out. Ann Nocenti's on Catwoman (unfortunately). G Willow Wilson is going to be writing the new Ms. Marvel series. Kathryn Immonen just ended a run on Journey Into Mystery starring Sif (unfortunately, that was an amazing book, wish they would've relaunched it to give it more visibility, though).

It would be awesome to see more ladies writing more books and it's sad that those are the only ones that I can name off the top of my head, but there are ladies writing other things out there.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Love the game. Love Simone. Love comics. I'm gonna need a second job if she picks up anymore titles.

When I played this game I thought Lara was a merciless serial killer. Anyone else feel the same?

Pshh you're only saying that because she killed a couple hundred people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the game but not sure if I will like reading a comic about it. Gail Simone is writing it though so that should be good

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Still haven't gotten used to her new look

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle said:

Kelly Sue DeConnick has quite a few books out right now/about to come out. Ann Nocenti's on Catwoman (unfortunately). G Willow Wilson is going to be writing the new Ms. Marvel series. Kathryn Immonen just ended a run on Journey Into Mystery starring Sif (unfortunately, that was an amazing book, wish they would've relaunched it to give it more visibility, though).

It would be awesome to see more ladies writing more books and it's sad that those are the only ones that I can name off the top of my head, but there are ladies writing other things out there.

EXACTLY. I would've listed those ladies but my brain was being noodled by a massive headache (and still currently is. I hate doing other people's homework). Thank you for expressing my thoughts better than I could. :)

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Looks pretty cool.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NightFang3

The art could be better.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be coming out at the end of this month (I found out today since this article didn't specify when) and I will be giving it a try. The art does look great.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The art is a little bright compared to the tone of the game.