First Look: THOR #2 -- She is Worthy

• 94 results
LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Please can someone tell me why Thor has a metal arm now? The real Thor that is.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Am I the only one who's noticed that Malekith has Thor's severed arm wrapped around his neck?

Yep, just now noticed....that's pretty gangster *nods head*

Mister_X_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Mister_X_1

@movieartman said:

@kingstandup said:

I'm wondering how long before new-chick-Thor and old-dude-Thor duke it out - or at least cross paths?

lol

THOR #4

JASON AARON (W) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A/C)

WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• The Odinson is back. And he clearly doesn’t like that someone else is holding his hammer. You know what that means, right?

• THOR VS. THOR!!!

No Caption Provided

If this cover is legit, then I am existed for this issue.

And one of the covers of this issue, issue 2, makes me think that this cover

makes sense.

Don't you ?

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@idontlikebirds: First off, I never said the series was rubbish; I mentioned the part of Odin not being able to lift the hammer and him not being able to break his own enchantment. That is rubbish!

Secondly, what do you mean i have NOTHING to go off of, Did i imagine what i mentioned in the book? No!

Finally, I actually enjoyed the book despite what i found as rubbish.I just feel the odin not being worthy part as stupid.

Avatar image for doflamingo_the_joker
Doflamingo_The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what I don't understand? Why doesnt Thor just ask Odin to make him a new Hammer? Let's be honest here, obviously Odin would be willing to do it. He made a new one for Beta Ray Bill and even enchanted a bunch of them for Iron Man! It'd be so easy, just let the new girl have Mjolnr and get a new one! I get it's his famed favorite weapon, but he could just as easily pick up a new one. The enchantment was placed on the Hammer, not on Thor and it supposedly didn't make him Unworthy.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja said:

@idontlikebirds: First off, I never said the series was rubbish; I mentioned the part of Odin not being able to lift the hammer and him not being able to break his own enchantment. That is rubbish!

Secondly, what do you mean i have NOTHING to go off of, Did i imagine what i mentioned in the book? No!

Finally, I actually enjoyed the book despite what i found as rubbish.I just feel the odin not being worthy part as stupid.

Not really, how much energy and Magic has Mjolnir felt after it's creation, amounts that would be detrimental to Odin, now what if all of this energy and magic accumulated in Mjolnir, made it stronger, and enhanced it's enchantment to level's only it understood, yes, farfetched, but highly likely.

@movieartman said:

@kingstandup said:

I'm wondering how long before new-chick-Thor and old-dude-Thor duke it out - or at least cross paths?

lol

THOR #4

JASON AARON (W) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A/C)

WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• The Odinson is back. And he clearly doesn’t like that someone else is holding his hammer. You know what that means, right?

• THOR VS. THOR!!!

No Caption Provided

If this cover is legit, then I am existed for this issue.

And one of the covers of this issue, issue 2, makes me think that this cover

makes sense.

Don't you ?

OH YES, SUPER EXCITED

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor didn't lose his name. He is only being called Odinson for simplicity's sake. Thor is no less Thor than he's always been he still has all his God of Thunder powers he's just horribly demoralized by recent events.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please can someone tell me why Thor has a metal arm now? The real Thor that is.

It was revealed how in Thor 1. If you haven't read it but still want to know, hover over the spoiler below

He loses his arm when he confronts Malekith on earth. Thor was weakened and had not eaten, slept, or rested for weeks. Malekith orders his group of Frost Giants to hold Thor down and he slices off Thor's arm with Jarnbjorn.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Ew Malekith that's gross!

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Digging this book.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: Respectfully, I dont care. Its ODIN'S weapon! He is the ALL-Father of Asgard.He is the creator of not only the weapon but he is the one who put the enchantment on it. For him to create a weapon that even he cant possibly wield in any case is retarded and stupid. If not by Odin's standard of "worthy" by whom's now? I would like to know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doflamingo_the_joker: First: Odin didn't make any of those weapons you mentioned the Drawves made the for him. Second: it's not that Odin and or the Dwarves can't its that doing so wouldnt solves the problem. Yes Thor would have a new hammer but he'd still be weighed down by what ever Fury whispered in original sin. Third, and this is from a writers perspective: Obviously the point of this storyline is to teach Thor some kind of lesson and he wouldn't learn anything if we just gave him a brand new hammer with out him having earned it.

@

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: Wow, I didnt realize that Thor was weakened for those reasons u listed. I guess the whole " Thor Can fight Frost giants for months at peak capacity" needs to be updated because thats surely no longer the case anymore.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangakid1995: You are correct about the dwarves being the ones who make the weapons but, you lost me with the whole Thor would still be depressed stuff even with the Hammer. I disagree, Because him not being able to wield the hammer any further is whats responsible for his current situation.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja: no, you slightly misunderstood. He was weakened before fighting the frost giants. He was weakened to the point his mom didn't want him to fight and was pushing Odin to stop Thor from going to earth. I'd also add that the mental fatigue from losing his hammer and the weeks of trying to pick it up also played a role.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Aaron creates the Thor stories for the next 20 years...After Simonson he is the best writer this title ever had!!Also all the artists are marvelous!!!We miss Esad Ribic and he redifined Thor for the next generations of artists...

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@rainja: As the other asgardians stated while watching him on the moon, he hadn't rested for weeks. This was after the events of Original Sin where he fought off some Angels and fought his sister Angela twice

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please stop calling her "Thor" marvel. She isn't Thor. There is no "new" Thor. There is no "predecessor." Only Thor is Thor, and no one else. If you want to call her the goddess of thunder then sure, but guess what, Thor is still the god of thunder, and no one can replace him. Losing mjolnir doesn't make him not a god. Marvel doesn't even seen to understand their own characters anymore.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor can still bring lightning and Thunder Ya know...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a positive note, at least the cover and variant by ribic is sick.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja said:

Thor Fans answer me this. If The hammer wasn't the source of his Thunder abilities why is it that someone else who now wields his weapon have his abilities?

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

That's why she has his powers, but she shouldn't have his name, because if the source of her power comes from Thor she can't be Thor, marvel saw a mantle where there is only a name!

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks: So Basically, Thor shouldnt be depowered minus flight then. He should be able to summon storms as normal. So why isnt he displaying any of these abilities?

optimusfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman said:

@the_stegman said:

@movieartman said:

@boynerdgeek said:

We now in issue 2 but they still don't want to reveal who is this "new" Thor ? I wonder for how long they want to keep the mystery

it will be a while

One of my friends says he has a strong suspicion that it might be Frigga

most likely a mislead

@boynerdgeek said:

@the_stegman: nope. It is confirm I believe that is human girl not related to asgard

no it is not, they only said it was someone thor has saved, which could still mean a asgardian

Ugh, this is such a mystery, who could it be?? lol.

I actually have the same suspicion after reading the first issue, which I think is off to a great start following the consistently enjoyable Thor: God of Thunder.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Vks

@rainja said:

@vks: So Basically, Thor shouldnt be depowered minus flight then. He should be able to summon storms as normal. So why isnt he displaying any of these abilities?

Mjolnir only canalizes Thor Odinson powers, In Thor God of Thunder book also written by Jason Aaron young Thor was the God of Thunder without mjolnir, he was able to control the Thunder without mjolnir!

I also don't like this change and many things don't make any sense (Whisper, Odin Unworthy, Call her Thor), but here in this specific subject of her having his powers with mjolnir, and he still remain with his abilities, there is no problem, at least in my opinion! Call her Thor is another subject!

The Tenth Realm Event

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Rainja

@vks: U know, when i look at the overall history of Thor, The Part about him utilizing these storm powers without the hammer is Bullcrap in all honestly. Only within the last decade have i seen different writers try to give Thor himself storm powers.(Not necessarily a fact but to the best of my recollection, i could be wrong). Even though recently, in Aaron's version he has used lightning i dont accept it, i dont look at it as canon personally because it can be observed otherwise that the hammer is the source of that ability. Regardless of these few and far attempts to show otherwise.

Now, i would like to state, i am not saying it dosent make sense for Thor to use storm abilities, he should i just dont think its his natrual ability based on 95 percent of his overall history as a character.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja: but makes a lot of sense, after all Stan Lee made this adaptation from Norse Mythology and there in the ancient Norse books called prose and poetic Edda he is the God of thunder, lightning and storms! If marvel didn't follow the source material it was ok but if they do it's also ok.

Min 3:33

Loading Video...

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks: When i say overall history, i aint talking about Norse, Just strickly Marvel Btw.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks said:

@idontlikebirds: Aaron Original Sin was a very bad event, can't Thor fans be mad about that whisper that was the only reason of this change! (if you read Thor regularly you know that whisper doesn't make any sense).

Calling Thor to another character doesn't help either, others were worthy in the past and weren't Thor!

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

The art looks great! Honestly, I'm excited to see how Thor fares now that everything has started to play out and he weilds Jarnbjorn and has a metal arm. I just hope the story will continue to give Thor some heavy panel time.

Odinson as marvel call him now (yes he lost his birth name), will be a very secondary character, Jason Aaron Words!

“This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the MarvelUniverse.http://marvel.com/news/comics/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor#ixzz3GnQUD8Um

I read Thor regularly, and I'll judge whether it makes sense WHEN DETAILS ARE GIVEN. Overall I find most events in recent years to be bad, so I avoid them.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Said it before, and I'll say it again. It would be crazy and interesting if this somehow turned out to be a female Thor from an alternate universe, and thus making calling her Thor, completely valid. I really want that to be the case.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: i make assumptions like everyone else, as honored warrior that believes in Valhalla, i don't see how that whisper can make sense! This changes Captain America, Iron Man and Thor all happen at the same time and in my perspective the whisper was only to force this change!

I think you are wrong Aaron already said multiple times that the new worthy female is an existing character that is close to Thor!

marvelman2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i know it seems to obvious but does anyone else think its thors wife?

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@joshuadbr said:

Now that he's lost Mjolnir, I'm starting to find Thor a bit interesting.

@timelordscience said:

And personally I think Unworthy Thor has the potential to be cooler than Worthy Thor anyway.

No Caption Provided

Its not a bad idea. Its been happening a lot too much in marvel. To show that the heroes are still badass without their main super power. I feel they missed that opportunity with wolverine, peter and Nick Fury though. Hope they do fair with Steve, Tony, Thor, Bruce, umm anyone else on the list?
I kinda want something like Superman's one year later, and Knightfall.

Avatar image for doflamingo_the_joker
Doflamingo_The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mangakid1995: That's my problem though: Thor didn't need to learn any lesson. I mean sure maybe it just humbles him a bit now that he's depowered, but let's be honest here: Lately Thor hasn't done anything that has been near on level to his stupidity when he was first given the hammer. He's still been the strong and noble fighter of the Avengers, with no pride clouding his judgments (from what I've seen). For me, it just seems like they wanted to make a new female hero since most of the ones marvel has suck :P. It should be interesting how Thor deals with his power loss though, although from the looks of things it's not going well lol

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Winter_Kills

One, simple reaction:

No Caption Provided

Wiseguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't mind gender whatevs but damnit, stop nerfing and killing the cosmic hierarchy that was established by canonicity.

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Ends in sex. After which they both are thore and thatithfied:-)

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really like the art.

And personally I think Unworthy Thor has the potential to be cooler than Worthy Thor anyway.

Agreed. I think this is a good chance for thor to show some of that godly experience writers always forget about....

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@jashro44 said:

@timelordscience said:

Really like the art.

Agreed. I think this is a good chance for thor to show some of that godly experience writers always forget about....

This would be greatly appreciated

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@mercy_ said:

The art on this is wildly amazing

Issue 1 was great.

Slamo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the original Thor have any powers now? And if he does, how can he have power but when someone picks up the hammer they have Thors powers too?

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who's noticed that Malekith has Thor's severed arm wrapped around his neck?

maybe she will get it back and then they can reattach it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This series just keeps upsetting me more and more. I mean, it shouldn't even exist in the first place. Thor got his arm cut off by malekith. Malekith. Really. I cannot think it a crappier, more worthless villain than malekith for Thor to permanently lose a limb too. So whenever I see old king Thor and think about how he lost his arm I'll be reminded that it was malekith of all people, who dismembered him with his own axe.

I'm not even gonna get started on everything else wrong with this series.

Phillisodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phillisodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is a birth name, not a title. I'm not calling the Thor-imposter, Thor. Odinson will always be Thor, regardless.