• 94 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's been a lot of interest in the new Thor. The Thor we all know has become unworthy of his beloved Mjolnir. We're still not exactly sure why aside from the fact that Nick Fury whispered something in his ear. With Mjolnir stuck on the moon and the Frost Giants attacking Earth, someone new has picked up the hammer to take on the threat. Meanwhile, Thor found himself in a bad place after trying to defeat Malekith on his own after days of not resting.

No Caption Provided

This November, bring the thunder and summon the lightning as the new Thor tests her mettle against an army of Frost Giants in THOR #2 - the highly anticipated second issue! Critically acclaimed writer Jason Aaron and rising star artist Russell Dauterman continue the epic tale of the new God of Thunder, and her unworthy predecessor. An army of massive Frost Giants have invaded Midgard, sowing destruction and chaos in their wake. The Odinson lays battered and broken at the hands of Malekith the Accursed, unable to wield his mighty hammer. To save us all, a new Thor will rise. And she may be the world’s only hope. Can she stave off the darkness? Or will she be consumed by it? On the bellow of thunder and the crack of lightning, a new Thor is born. See her in action for the first time this November in the highly anticipatedTHOR #2!

For more on Thor & Avengers NOW!, please visit www.marvel.com. Join the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #AvengersNOW and don’t forget to follow us at @Marvel [www.twitter.com/Marvel]!

THOR #2 (SEP140857)

Written by JASON AARON

Art & Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

Variant Cover by CHRIS SAMNEE (SEP140859)

Design Variant by ESAD RIBIC (SEP140858)

Rocket Raccoon & Groot Variant by JAMES STOKOE (SEP140860)

FOC – 10/20/14, On-Sale – 11/12/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoshuaDBr

Now that he's lost Mjolnir, I'm starting to find Thor a bit interesting.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really like the art.

And personally I think Unworthy Thor has the potential to be cooler than Worthy Thor anyway.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By movieartman

Now that he's lost Mjolnir, I'm starting to find Thor a bit interesting.

And personally I think Unworthy Thor has the potential to be cooler than Worthy Thor anyway.

No Caption Provided

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

We now in issue 2 but they still don't want to reveal who is this "new" Thor ? I wonder for how long they want to keep the mystery

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By movieartman

We now in issue 2 but they still don't want to reveal who is this "new" Thor ? I wonder for how long they want to keep the mystery

it will be a while

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: the heroes' journey isn't always a straight path, mane.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree... i find these changes to be really interesting. Just from the first issue, you can tell the creative team is executing it well.

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm wondering how long before new-chick-Thor and old-dude-Thor duke it out - or at least cross paths?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@movieartman said:

@boynerdgeek said:

it will be a while

One of my friends says he has a strong suspicion that it might be Frigga

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman said:

@boynerdgeek said:

it will be a while

One of my friends says he has a strong suspicion that it might be Freja

Female Thor is the new Red Hulk

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: nope. It is confirm I believe that is human girl not related to asgard

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mask is still there? Marvel and Aaron really want that we call this character Thor, but i m sure she has her own name!

The whisper is so out of Thor myths that only will be revealed by the end of the book when doesn't matter anymore, by that time she will be only Thor!

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By movieartman

I'm wondering how long before new-chick-Thor and old-dude-Thor duke it out - or at least cross paths?

lol

THOR #4

JASON AARON (W) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (A/C)

WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY TBA

• The Odinson is back. And he clearly doesn’t like that someone else is holding his hammer. You know what that means, right?

• THOR VS. THOR!!!

No Caption Provided

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman said:

@boynerdgeek said:

it will be a while

most likely a mislead

@boynerdgeek said:

@the_stegman: nope. It is confirm I believe that is human girl not related to asgard

no it is not, they only said it was someone thor has saved, which could still mean a asgardian

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@movieartman: Thor vs Thor. Hahaha. It will be the best moments to see which Thor will lose and which Thor will win lol

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Not referring to the Character herself but the way she was implemented is F@!$#*ng Rubbish! Odin cant lift the hammer;He cant break his own enchantment, is just Effing Garbage. This is foolishness from a Good writer like Jason Aaron and the Executive publisher for allowing this crap to make it across the board.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@movieartman said:

@boynerdgeek said:

it will be a while

most likely a mislead

@boynerdgeek said:

no it is not, they only said it was someone thor has saved, which could still mean a asgardian

Ugh, this is such a mystery, who could it be?? lol.

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: pfft everybody knows the new Thor is aunt may. LOOK AT THE SIGNS!!

Avatar image for scarlet_spider_forever
Scarlet_Spider_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well all of you want know who this knew gal is, I want to know how the Odinson lost his arm!

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By SpitfirePanda

Still need to pick up the first issue. I've been meaning to... just haven't had the opportunity.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rainja: So how can you call it rubbish when there's been ONE issue released? You literally have nothing to go off as to why things have happened the way they are. You acknowledge that Jason Aaron is a good writer, yet you don't give him a chance to tell the story and judge it. Marvel tends to have their stories planned out a while, so they probably know where this is going and knew how it would before presenting the idea.

I think it would have been rather interesting if it had been Thor from an alternate universe (kind of like how he was turned female in Earth X), or Thor from the future (again tricked into being a female). Then technically it would still be Thor and all the people who complained about the name, would be so completely and utterly wrong (like those who thought Peter would never return as Spider-man). I kind of hope it's something like that since it makes some form of sense with how all the multiverse crossing over that's happening lately.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@idontlikebirds: You don't need to criticize other people opinion. Opinion are subjective,no right or wrong answer. So if he believe what he said is true then no point we try to argue with him. Besides, people not give a chance to Grayson (eventhough it is great book and critically acclaim) so no surprise people will complaint about new Thor

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By meatwadf

@the_stegman: pfft everybody knows the new Thor is aunt may. LOOK AT THE SIGNS!!

Well, she was already a herald...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

The art looks great! Honestly, I'm excited to see how Thor fares now that everything has started to play out and he weilds Jarnbjorn and has a metal arm. I just hope the story will continue to give Thor some heavy panel time.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: Aaron Original Sin was a very bad event, can't Thor fans be mad about that whisper that was the only reason of this change! (if you read Thor regularly you know that whisper doesn't make any sense).

Calling Thor to another character doesn't help either, others were worthy in the past and weren't Thor!

The art looks great! Honestly, I'm excited to see how Thor fares now that everything has started to play out and he weilds Jarnbjorn and has a metal arm. I just hope the story will continue to give Thor some heavy panel time.

Odinson as marvel call him now (yes he lost his birth name), will be a very secondary character, Jason Aaron Words!

“This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the MarvelUniverse.http://marvel.com/news/comics/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor#ixzz3GnQUD8Um

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks: I understand, however I must admit losing your birth name is literally one of the most idiotic things I've heard in a long time. What sense does that even make? Because he can't use a weapon that he dad lends him, he now magically loses his birth name that his own parents gave him?

Sorry but I'm not calling Lady-Thor, Thor.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#28  Edited By Outside_85
@scarlet_spider_forever said:

...I want to know how the Odinson lost his arm!

If you read issue 1 or the preview to issue 2 (MASSIVE HINT), you'd know. It involves an axe and an elf.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Boynerdgeek

@vks: @unbreakable_fs4: Yup a whisper can make Thor unworthy...and much worse it is whisper by Nick Fury which even more ridiculous if you ask me. But hey we already have Thor become frog in the past

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks: I understand, however I must admit losing your birth name is literally one of the most idiotic things I've heard in a long time. What sense does that even make? Because he can't use a weapon that he dad lends him, he now magically loses his birth name that his own parents gave him?

An if he is not Thor anymore what is the meaning of the expression "shall possess the power of Thor" ?

I will call her by her name like Beta Ray Bill with mjolnir! If she is Freyja she will be Freyja with the mjolnir! Not Thor!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks said:

@idontlikebirds: Aaron Original Sin was a very bad event, can't Thor fans be mad about that whisper that was the only reason of this change! (if you read Thor regularly you know that whisper doesn't make any sense).

Calling Thor to another character doesn't help either, others were worthy in the past and weren't Thor!

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

Odinson as marvel call him now (yes he lost his birth name), will be a very secondary character, Jason Aaron Words!

“This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the MarvelUniverse.http://marvel.com/news/comics/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor#ixzz3GnQUD8Um

What are you talking about? Where has it been stated that Thor lost his name? Thor is still Thor just not the God of Thunder mantle by the same name.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@vks said:

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

An if he is not Thor anymore what is the meaning of the expression "shall possess the power of Thor" ?

I will call her by her name like Beta Ray Bill with mjolnir! If she is Freyja she will be Freyja with the mjolnir! Not Thor!

We don't know her name and Marvel obviously isn't releasing it now, so what prevents me from calling her whatever I want? She definitely isn't Thor because that's someone else's name, not her's. The name "Thor" is not a title, which is why Beta Ray Bill was not called "Thor"...and now we're magically supposed to all accept and disregard that Thor is someone's birth name and anoint some stranger "Thor", even when she has a name of her own. Ain't happening

Also, the statement "shall possess the power of Thor" is exactly what is says. They shall possess the power Thor possesses, it doesn't mean they shall now be Thor. Doesn't Beta Ray Bill possess powers akin to Thor's? Is he now Thor also?

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't we already have a thor Girl????- The mighty thor issue 34-35 when he fought gladiator???

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks said:

@unbreakable_fs4 said:

What are you talking about? Where has it been stated that Thor lost his name? Thor is still Thor just not the God of Thunder mantle by the same name.

Exactly this!

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vks

@feartheliving:

No Caption Provided

Avengers Books that are in a future timeline, he already is only Odinson!

She will be the Only Thor!

Why Odinson wouldn't be the God of Thunder? he clearly controls the Thunder without mjolnir, there are so many demonstrations of that!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks: It also says Hawkeye on there but people call him Clint. It's just a image place hold I doubt everyone is going to refer to Thor as just Odinson.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vks

@feartheliving said:

@vks: It also says Hawkeye on there but people call him Clint. It's just a image place hold I doubt everyone is going to refer to Thor as just Odinson.

before the whisper, it was there THOR! I always will call him Thor it's his name!

No Caption Provided

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FearTheLiving

@vks: Before the whisper he was Thor (ala the superhero called Thor) now he isn't hence to avoid two Thor's they just put Odinson. If the actual books start just calling him Odinson then you have a problem a little shot showing off the characters isn't an end all be all when it comes to his actual name. Feel free to continue to call him Thor, that is his name after all I will continue to call him that as well. That being said the new character is also Thor. (the superhero persona and Goddess of Thunder)

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Can't wait. I just started to notice Russell Dauterman's art. I like the lettering here too.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Ok you have a point, but i don't agree with "the superhero persona and Goddess of Thunder", Thor Odinson still is the God of Thunder he doesn't need mjolnir to control the Thunder, the most recent event where he shows that was in (Original Sin 5.4 The Tenth Ream)!

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@boynerdgeek said:

it will be a while

Yessireebobby.

@movieartman: Thor vs Thor. Hahaha. It will be the best moments to see which Thor will lose and which Thor will win lol

As long as Thor wins, I'm good.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks: I'm just going by what she was reffered to in a game Marvel put out where the title was Thor Goddess of Thunder.

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: in the book TGOT young Thor is the God of Thunder without mjolnir! he clearly controls the thunder without mjolnir, but ok maybe he also will loose that ability, doesn't make any sense but after the whisper i will not get surprised anymore!

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vks: Just because she's the Goddess of Thunder doesn't mean Thor will lose his power over electricity.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Am I the only one who's noticed that Malekith has Thor's severed arm wrapped around his neck?

Vks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Yes but doesn't make any sense if Young Thor was the Good of Thunder without mjolnir (Aaron wrote that), why would he lose that title? PIS for the change?

Man i hope you were right in everything that you said, you really made me get some hope for Thor Odinson in this book!

Am I the only one who's noticed that Malekith has Thor's severed arm wrapped around his neck?

Nice catch i didn't notice!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

The book is looking great so far.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FearTheLiving

@vks: Hence she's Goddess and not the God, think of it as the King/Prince and Queen/Princess of Thunder lol. He's not losing the title of God of Thunder, she's just gaining another title with the power of Thor. As of now there not much point really discussing it though as she actually hasn't been called that in book yet.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

The art on this is wildly amazing