First Look: THOR #1

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@leigh: I think both can be good. Some brand new female solo comics without connections to other characters could be good, but I imagine they'd be harder to sell.

The new Ms. Marvel doesn't really count as a female version of Mar-Vell though. Pretty much just the name is the only thing close to a connection.

Leigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor: I don't. Is it any good? I hear mixed reviews.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By arthurkerr

Female Thor looks like a orc lol.

That said I hope this story goes away fast.

Female Thor is a slap in the face to all Thor fans and worse.

http://i.imgur.com/p0x2JxR.jpg

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By K_Thor

@v_scarlotte_rose: In my personal opinion Thor God Of Thunder is a fantastic book, and it's also critic acclaimed, but by your posts and many other users seems that you are making judgments without a solid knowing of the character Thor!

The mantle profile doesn't fit Thor because it's a birth name, and mjolnir only gives you the Power of Thor, doesn't make you become Thor, and this character was not created by Marvel it's a mythology adaptation, his profile and characteristics are well known outside of comics.

Just because Thor God Of Thunder was great until now doesn't mean that the writer Jason Aaron can make everything he wants with the character, the character is above the writer!

For last i like to know if the new female Thor is not Asgardian (in your opinion) How she be able to pick mjolnir on the Moon???

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k_thor: You're right in that I don't have a solid knowing of the character.

It's Thors' birth name, but this new character presumably will take it on as a mantle. She might just call herself Thor because she has the powers. I'm sure it'll be explained when we get the chance to read the comic.

You're right that he's based in mythology, but I don't get why you mention it. I've seen people say before that they shouldn't tamper with stuff like that, but having him be a superhero in The Avengers isn't exactly traditional Scandinavian storytelling either.

She must just be worthy. You don't need to be Asgardian to pick it up.

K_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By K_Thor

@v_scarlotte_rose: "She must just be worthy. You don't need to be Asgardian to pick it up".

I think you did not understand my point, mjornir is on the moon, not on earth right?

Asgardians have certain abilities that humans don't right ?

The character must know that the hammer is there and be able to travel there right?

I think the new female Thor is Frigg Thor Granddaughter that will travel in time from the future, if you connect the previews of Thor God Of Thunder issue 25 and this new Thor issue 1, you will understand what i m trying to explain.

In my personal opinion i think even in comics it's ridiculous try to change the gender of deity's their characteristics are known by every regular person!

The mantle profile also fails because the original character still is called Thor right?

Nothing against females i m very excited for Angela (Thor sister) new book that will start next November, but i really don't like IMITATIONS every character should be genuine!

Lanstar777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Lanstar777

To me this is no different than taking Wonder Woman and turning her and her power into a man...how well would that be received? Why not switch the Scarlet Witch to a man while their at it? Maybe Rogue could be a guy too? If I were a woman I would truly be insulted in the fact Marvel doesn't have any other way to provide a female lead without having her take a male superheros place. Demeaning to all women everywhere, to the max. Cheap Marvel, really cheap. To me Marvel is giving a big middle finger to all those who have loved and followed the character of Thor. It is obvious to me that Marvel is willing to do ANYTHING to a character if it provides enough bang for their buck using shock value and cheap schemes. They couldn't care less for a characters history or respecting all those who have supported them fro countless years. Much like others here have said, I will also be dropping reading Thor until the inevitable return of the ONE and ONLY Viking God of Thunder - Thor Odinson. Marvel...how sad you have become....

PS - Han shot first!

Poor_Censored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#209  Edited By Poor_Censored

@leigh said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: I don't think so, personally. I want fresh blood. Not rehashed let's make dudes into girls, or girl version of a male character (a la Ms Marvel). I love the X-men for this reason! So many wonderful, creative and dynamic female characters. More of that please:) Don't you think?

To my knowledge, X-Men are basically the only big titles with anything close to equal gender distribution...

I know these numbers are dated, but there the only numbers I've found:

Oh, and the obligatory tl;dr.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll buy the first issue and if its interesting enough, and has a good amount if Thor I'll continue. I want to read up until at least we find out what fury said to Thor, of Jason Aaron has even thought of it yet.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks dope but her outfit couldve been better

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do they know that that kind of armor is really not protective? a girl with boobplate is not protected and a goddess as she might be is not usefull

kingfisher01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By kingfisher01

I must say im not a fan of the idea but i ll give it a try...

what i do not understand it s that she has to be " thor" when beta ray bill wield the hammer he was not thor so there is no transformation involved when you take the hammer maybe only the armor but not the personna.

if she had only be the new godess of thunder or simply as the new bearer of the hammer it would have been totally fine with me.

So there will be two thor @ the same time, one with the hammer and one without...i really don't know what to think about that

kingfisher01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On thé subject of the character

she cant be a civilian as she is on the surface of the moon...

and if look close to the first image she seems to wear a cape already...

HuiZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, so this is a woman that is dubbed with the powers of Thor, but isn't Thor? That makes much more sense. Marvel will always pander for publicity.

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill be real i just dont see the purpose

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Marvels just trying to please the freaking femminst revolution

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.. why... You had a great thing going here Marvel.. Thor was finally gaining the respect he struggled with since his inception. Now that is gone.

KydJhesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#219  Edited By KydJhesus

@nighthunder: Come on, I think Thor looks cooler without the hammer. That man is going to be a super savage with that axe. Cutting down Frost Giant like they nothing.'

I like the idea of Female Thor, She should be call Thor but it is a name and a title technically in marvel.

We just don't like change that's all but change is interesting. Remember when people hated the idea of Miles Morales became spiderman, It wasn't liked but now people love him. Sure he is ultimate but it just proves you come to link the new fresh character.

I wi get issue one and it will be fresh, interesting and cool but if it sucks then LAME, STUPID FEM THOR!

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@kydjhesus: I guess so XD

and lol yeah miles.

And ima do the same, it better be worth the money though

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So to everyone upset that this new Thor will be named Thor, you guys ever consider she might be Thor just from a different universe? It's not like that kind of thing isn't uncommon in comics.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They better bring back Thor with super speed or something because this sucks so much!

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a minute, he's a chick now? When in the blue hell did this happen? And why??? Disney's idea, perhaps?

This isn't going to be permanent, is it?

Geez, just when I stop paying attention to comics for awhile...

BigMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks good....ill try it

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_donar: you have summed my feelings up perfectly especially about the whole name thing

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel's officialtrinity is CA, Thor and IM right? So they made a big deal of the whole diversification process. I only wonder what was Aaron's role in the idea itself behind Whor. Even with his tendency to mess up, I kinda feel it wasn't really his decision.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Dark Cloud™

I'll download it before I make any other decision. To me, it's just as bad as the hype of making Johnny Storm black. Not very interesting, not very promising.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Loki becomes a 15 year old in drag now this?

PotatoLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

At first I was rather upset by this because I thought they were rebooting Thor and changing his gender for no apparent reason. Finding out that someone merely took his place is a lot more tolerable. As long as she's a good character I can do with this.

Avatar image for tokenblackgeeks
tokenblackgeeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for this to release! This will definitely be a good jumping on point for anyone who's new to Thor.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something tells me female Thor will be very quick

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did this shit get made ? :|

LegoJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This really looks stupid but nevertheless i am curious so i might get it but seriously a female thor. I mean a female ultron was stupid enough. ( if you don't alrady know about female ultron see the mighty avengers volume 1

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest problem with this is its just a waste of time. I'd rather just have GOT continue than have this crappy gimmick person around for a year.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By arthurkerr

You almost feel as if when Female Thor picks up the hammer you hear elevator music start int he back ground.

You think even Jason did not get a voice in this matter it was tossed at him at the last moment along with female spider man Silk or what ever her name is.

As for a feminist movement anybody whom has lived long enough knows women rule the world.....They simply let us men think we do.

I hope it comes and goes and Thor returns to being a hero again because damn he needs to find his pair again.

Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bad_people:

No Caption Provided

I Don't Mind a fit woman but D#%M! That's a huge B&%$H!

I guess when you're as potent as a God of Thunder, you have to hang on with two hands. LOL

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if we can get quentin quire to dye his hair red; and start calling himself jean grey ...

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if we can get quentin quire to dye his hair red; and start calling himself jean grey ...

Thorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crappy move Marvel. And I honestly don't for the life of me understand why re-branding a male character as female makes woman swoon. Super-girl,...Bat-girl,...Spider-Woman (well one of them comes off as original), Shazam girl or whatever she's called and now "Thor-girl" as she will forever be known as.

I'm sorry but if this makes you feel good and strong as a woman its just pathetic. Taking a man with his man characteristics and then cloning into a generally weaker version (has Supergirl ever beaten Superman?) and changing little else (clearly this new She-Thor will have the *exact* same warrior identity!?!); how do women relate to this exactly?

Apparently this new She-Thor is also Odin's offspring. So I suppose we can keep calling her Odinson? Can't see why that's not equally gender-bendable as Thor's birthname. And clearly having 9 worlds is not enough to make a decent story out of,...we're going to have to add a 10th world and wreak both traditional mythology as well as 60-years of Thor comics. So,...very,...very,...unnecessary.

Ladies, shame on you for falling for this kind of crap. If you make this move a commercial success then you're allowing such a low level of creativity to sway you. How about you demand some real character? Something that you could relate to? What about Isis? The Egyptian goddess of slaves, sinners, artisans and the downtrodden (as per wikipedia), the mother of Horus,...the resurrect-or of Osiris,....the mother of the Pharaoh. How is it that with those characteristics (protector of downtrodden) that she isn't already a unique superhero in the Marvel universe? How is it that she hasn't kick Apocalypse's arse 5000 years ago for messing with her Pharaoh son? Maybe Apocalypse is her son?

Oh right, and overcompensating by showing a woman as stronger than man despite the oh-so-obvious muscle mass difference,...pathetic again. I have no doubt that this new She-Thor is going to TKO the Hulk (despite Thor's continuous lack of success in that department) just to show us men that women are superior. By the way, I watch women in the UFC and my own daughter gets gold medals in Karate competitions,...so it's not like I don't know or believe that women can kick butt,...but there is such a thing as weight class. Make She-Thor a 8 foot woman and watch the reaction of Viking warrior males,...now that would be something worth reading...but NO they are going to make her small and slender and then knock Hulk out.

Anyway, demand better and don't support this crap just because it's got a man-cloned woman on it. Accepting this as some type of woman-empowering move just makes you look mentally weaker. And while you're seeking entertainment try watching "The Good Wife" for an exceptionally strong female character. I'm on my second episode and was stunned at the quality of the show.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it makes me mad that they say "this isn't any kind of she-thor, its thor"

that feels insulting to norse mythology, given that thor is his actual name

not interested and hope it flops

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Ohh, this could get interesting!!

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

October needs to come quickly, I'm getting impatient.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is not a female version of thor...it's a female version that was worthy to wield the power, and she just happenly became thor...WAIT! is her name tho.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is Thor. This is the Thor of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before,” says writer Jason Aaron.

This is the worst of all descriptions, stupid as no other I hate it

Pretty much says Thor is Thor, but she isn't thor, she only has the hammer, and that makes her Thor, does it mean that Thor is not really thor but anyone with the hammer? Does it mean steve is thor since had it in fear itself?

Also it sucks they didn't go with Lady Thor, that name was catchy, a bit cliched yes, but good and it works to set her aside from thor not only avoiding confusion but also because SHE IS NOT THOR and trying to pose her not only as the Thor of the year but as Thor-Thor sucks

I'll read it because she is hot and still is a Thor/asgard related comic

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logo is amazing, but thor is the GOD of thunder, lady thor wouldd sound much better... marvel let the feminists get to them

sturmritter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This title is going to fail miserably. The fans of THOR know that Thor is a GOD of Thunder, not a GODDESS of Thunder.

Will the politically correct BS please stop? I want a comic book that depicts the character of the mythos, and one which I grew up with adoring.

Thor is not a goddess of Thunder, PERIOD.

Manute117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a shocker here and every where all comic sites love new Thor....

Agypt2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sturmritter:

I am in total agreement with you, Sir! Marvel Now I dislike any new direction they are going for few years! I am 48-years old been a fan, reader, collector of THOR since Journey Into Mystery and prefer the classics not some writers' visions on classic characters and impact world media hype. I wouldn't have been disgust when original Thor died or reborn and Himself turn over the mantle and power to someone worthy by Odin Enchantment but here is a mockery and abomination!

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Antihero_Jaymok

Ok, is it just me, or does the new She-Thor look like a guy an many of the alt covers?