First Look: THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #1

• 91 results
sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't seem to remember Squirrel Girl having such a big trunk when she was in New Avengers a little while ago.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@donmeca2020: nowadays don't underestimate female comics readers. They are huge now

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Get ready for a long post of everything wrong with this post. For one, she looks fat in the art, and just about every character has a derp face. I don't think anyone actually likes her, we all just thought it was stupid she beat deadpool, dr.doom, and thanos. The art as said before is clown shoes, it makes the new ghost rider comic art looks good. Looks like a 2nd grader would read this. Plus, if she is so powerful, who can beat her, besides the low ratings that can destroy her. O and did I mention the art is terrible...O yeah I did, but still once more the art is terrible.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this art and looks like it will be a lot of fun.

I'm trying to be as polite as possible, and is how nicely I can say this...ARE YOU BLIND! This is not one of those things where I can go and say everyone has their own opinion and I have my own, no this is one of those things where there is only fact. I mean cmon take a closer look at that face.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@deadcool_xd: It's not the worst art I've seen, but I do agree that A: this artist needs to work on her faces and B: she isn't consistent enough.

I do plan on reading at least the first issue of this.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't f-p to this ._.

Then you're not trying hard enough.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dr.Applebox: Well that's politically correct for you, lol I mean look at what marvel is doing with new female Thor...nuff said lol.

@fallingcliffs: Nobody really takes her seriously in battle, she's meant to be a joke character. A friend of mine actually made a videoon the topic of Squirrel Girl and her battle ability, as well as her context in comics.

lol I should check it out, yeah I hear ya. I just think sometimes Marvel fans(not all some) take her seriously saying "she can beat anyone even Presence, TOAA etc" I've actually read crazy claims of such among other characters well above her lol but cool I'll check it out.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this has been said a bunch of times already, but I'm not a fan of the art. Well, it's mostly just the faces, actually. The faces are really bad. Especially the mouths. Dear god, the mouths...

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Akindoodle

Squirrel Girl beat Thanos

Thanos have Thanos-copter

Conclusion : Squirrel Girl should have her own animated series where we can see Squirrel Girl steal Thanos-copter from Thanos, Death reject Thanos and marry Deadpool. The End :)

I like how you think *nods slowly in agreement*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator
superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@deadcool_xd: I respect your opinion, the appearance may seem inconsistent in some scenes, but I liked the art, I think it looks good with the theme of this comic.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: I respect your opinion, the appearance may seem inconsistent in some scenes, but I liked the art, I think it looks good with the theme of this comic.

I'm not tryin to come across as aggressive here even though I know I am, it's not that I don't respect your opinion, I just don't think there is an opinion to be made, it should be a fact that this art is trash!

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how half the preview is lettered and half isn't.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith Have you seen this yet?

As for my opinion, I really dislike the art. I was super excited for Squirrel Girl, and to be honest, I dunno if I have any interest in reading it anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kittyparker13: Yeah, I did (I've actually posted on this thread three or four times). I agree that the art is very inconsistent, and I'm no longer 100% sure if I'll read past the first issue.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Oh I'm sorry for that, when you'd already been posting on it. I skimmed the thread and didn't see your name. Sorry again!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I know this has been said a bunch of times already, but I'm not a fan of the art. Well, it's mostly just the faces, actually. The faces are really bad. Especially the mouths. Dear god, the mouths...

With you on this. What is up with the mouths? I don't think I can recover from Thor looking like Owen Wilson. I saw the cover before in an earlier sneak peek and thought I managed to forget, but now...

No more babysitting for the Cages? And was it really necessary to have the double take by the guy and the scowl on presumedly his girlfriend's face? I have no issue with a thicker looking Squirrel Girl, much like a squirrel anyway with the smaller top and heavier bottom which is cool.

So, a superhero who flicks nuts. I can get into that.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: But now he won't have that nice Squirrel fur carpet for his bedroom!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cecb3b554104
deactivated-5cecb3b554104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

Jeebus Chris! Did someone hit Amanda Connor in the head with a brick a hole buncha times?? The art makes this the Unbuyable Squirrel Girl for me.

TheDJRedVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheDJRedVelvet
donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: nowadays don't underestimate female comics readers. They are huge now

But what knowledgeable female reader would find this entertaining?? the art is horrible and the whole premise of this character just screams from Marvel " Let's Pull something out of our asses and see how it goes. "

KrazyCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art may be bad but I will still read it for my favorite female superhero

EliCrofoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By EliCrofoot

I don't get why people hate the art so much. It fits the book perfectly.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

...nope!

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How old was the child that drew this?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOOOOO MANY derp faces. This art may actually keep me away from the book.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had they named it unstable squirrel girl I doubt people would have even noticed because this looks positively unhinged.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm still confident that the book will sell well. :)

battlewingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: ive got the same feeling. want to read the book, but the art is too distracting. i know its meant to be fun and im fine with that, but this just seems a bit overboard

Leafx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely horrible looking, I don't care who the writer is the art is far too awful to justify giving the artist an ongoing

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats with the potentially good books and the weird artwork that put people off. I feel the same with She-Hulk. Sure the book is great but the art...I can't look it more than 3-4 pages before taking a break O.o And don't start '' Oh you just want a Sexy She-hulk ''. Nope. Art is almost as important as the story itself.

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her face looks like a pug with buckteeth.

The outfit is okay, but ditch the squirrel ears headband :/

rememberyhorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am looking forward to this. The art is a not what I would normally expect from a superhero book, but I think it will set a fun tone for the run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvels Harley Quinn.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks fun, & God knows we need more fun in comics. (Rocket Raccoon & Legendary Star-Lord are good examples.) I'll give this a shot. And anyways, my sis used to freakin' love Squirrel Girl, & squirrels all together. She actually kinda reminds me of my sis. (Not in this art, but in how she was drawn previously.)

Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Cytorrak
No Caption Provided

I really, really loathe the art style. The faces and the anatomy look atrocious. It feels like it's imitating the art style of a few popular female webcomic artists, but not quite getting it right. Really don't like Squirrel Girl's figure in this, but my god her face... Blegh.

The other problem is that Squirrel Girl is only fun in small bursts. Her whole gimmick is that she's unbeatable, but she accomplishes most of her impressive victories off-screen because it seems to ridiculous she'd be able to do them. That joke can overstay it's welcome very quickly. If she can never be beaten, there's no tension and the book would become boring or annoying in short order. What's more, from the preview images she seems to be self-aware about it, sitting in a tree looking cocky and singing a song about herself. You can on occasion get away with a character being all-powerful and unbeatable, but if you combine it with the character being full of themselves, people are going to hate the character.

That's additionally troubling because she's never been written like that before. That was what made the character fun, she was so wholesome, old-fashioned and innocent. Everything about her actions and appearance in that central park fight is irritating. Last time I really liked her was in that Marvel Ai story with Speedball. That was adorable.

Since then, Marvel's kind of given me the impression they have a terrible understanding of humor. Bendis writing her into Avengers as Luke Cage's babysitter and revealing a secret past romance with Wolverine -along with their fight- was groan-inducing.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: the black guy even turns around just to check it out

Rae_Gunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..I might be a little more excited about this than I should be..