Posted by No_Name_ (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

Earlier today DC Comics gave us a look at both SUPERMAN #14 as well as RED LANTERNS #14, both comics are due to hit comic store shelves this Wednesday, November 28th. Get a look at both previews below and let us know if either of these titles will make their way to your pull lists!

SUPERMAN #14

Following events in this month’s SUPERGIRL #14 and SUPERBOY #14! It’s their worst nightmare: A creature of unknown Kryptonian origin, more powerful than Superman, smarter than Supergirl and more lethal than Superboy. His actions will change the course of a planet’s fate!

Written by: Scott Lobdell

Art by: Kenneth Rocafort

Cover by: Kenneth Rocafort

Variant Cover by: Kenneth Rocafort

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Nov 28 2012

== TEASER ==

---

RED LANTERNS #14

“Rise of the Third Army” continues! Red Lanterns vs. the Third Army! Who is the next Lantern to be converted? What dark secret lays buried under the surface of Atrocitus’s home planet, Ryutt?

Written by: Peter Milligan

Art by: Miguel A Sepulveda

Cover by: Miguel A Sepulveda

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Nov 28 2012

Source: DC

#1 Posted by supermanfan122508 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I just had a nerdgasm over Superman 14. I'm trying so hard not to read the pages given because I haven't found a copy of Supergirl 14 yet.

#2 Posted by queenfrost_ (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

The art on Superman... <3

Also I love the new kind of Lois/Clark banter. Reminds me of early Smallville. I'm excited to see their relationship grow.

#3 Posted by cc1738 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm picking up Superman when that comes out. I didn't like Red Lanterns when it launched, and I decided not to get it when Rise of the Third Army started even though I'm buying New Guardians and Green Lantern.

#4 Posted by ccraft (5560 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy looks like hes taking a nap haha

#5 Posted by ccraft (5560 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant wait for Superman, love the art!

#6 Edited by Teerack (7419 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Superboy isn't in these pictures.

EDIT: Oh i see him in the black and white. nvm.

#7 Posted by saoakden (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman yes! Red Lanterns maybe. I have been looking forward to this Superman crossover since it was announced.

#8 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been so excited for Superman since last month's came out. Lobdell is doing a great job.

#9 Posted by CircularLogic (282 posts) - - Show Bio

previews for two terrible comics.... great.

Turns out the only way DC could write Superman nowadays is by making him Peter Parker. Please, just stop giving Lobdell work

#10 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

I like something stronger than Superman, but all three of them, come on, if it was indeed a monster then maybe, but what they call a "creature" just looks humanoid.

#11 Posted by krspaceT (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello comic book tie in......though its tricky for me as each comic in H'El on earth is needed. I am still catching up on Aquaman for Throne of Atlantis....and the Superman event isn't helping me at all

#12 Edited by Oscars94 (2621 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Marvel but I like the look of these.

#13 Posted by modunhanul (415 posts) - - Show Bio

H'el on Earth, and Rise of the Third Army.

Cool stuffs.

#14 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, superman may be worth a pick up.

#15 Posted by RedX9 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@CircularLogic:

Agreed. The thing that sparked in my mind firsrt from 13 was that it felt too close to a Spider-man book and not a very good one. Superman felt very condescending in that movie as if he was more or less above humanity rather than being part of it. Its why most of the Superman stories lately have felt off. He's either too passive about things around him or he seems like humanity doesn't matter too much.

#16 Posted by Ironhawk22 (274 posts) - - Show Bio

*claps* Never once thought I'd say it, but hey theres a first for everything. I actually just liked something Lobdell wrote!! I know right! I didn't read #13(because that preview was pretty horrible), but wow that was actually an entertaining preview. Perhaps I may just pick this book. Good job Lobdell.

#17 Posted by frankcmu (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Do I really need to read Superboy/girl to get the most out of this arc?

#18 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Woo! Redhood art on Superman? I haven't been following, but I do want to see what all this H'el talk is about. I'm just waiting on the New Superman title that they talked about earlier.

#19 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@frankcmu said:

Do I really need to read Superboy/girl to get the most out of this arc?

Probably, but I'll try to only read Superman and see how that works out

#20 Posted by cacarl (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Buying RL. I just looked at the pages without reading anything.

#21 Posted by ReadItNow (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to see Rde Laterns getting some exposure. I have been enjoying the series. I'm probably going to pass on superman, just so much Marvel now stuff, something has to give.

#22 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4885 posts) - - Show Bio
Who is this H'el, and why is he pwning everyone with an S on their chest(+) 
#23 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes you have WW! Take advantage of what you have!

#24 Posted by jstndmnd (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@BoyWander: Yes.

#25 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@ccraft: Superboy isn't in these pictures.

EDIT: Oh i see him in the black and white. nvm.

or, you know, on the cover =P

#26 Posted by MeloDet (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Clark be any more obvious? "What about us?" It appears that they have never dated, nor explicitly expressed feelings for each other, so why would he ask this? Pretty impressive that Lois maintains such a close friendship with him when he is obviously into her. Hopefully as Supes/Wonder get closer he will get over Lois. Dating someone while in love with someone else probably isn't going to turn out well.

#27 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Forgot to say this, but those Superman pages look awesome!

#28 Posted by darkwingdan (190 posts) - - Show Bio

For the first time since issue #1, I'm going to pick up a copy of Superman. I love that art, and I really enjoyed dialogue in Lobdell 's script [in the preview].

#29 Posted by davidgrantlloyd (363 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll check out Superman 14, I like Lobdell's take on all the characters and the way Rocafort draws. The H'el on Earth story definitely has me intrigued.

Only one minor criticism: Hopefully, this is the last time we'll see Clark express a bit of petty jealousy over Lois. It worked okay in 13, and works alright here in 14, but if it becomes a regular habit ... well, it could become annoying very quickly. He's fallen for Diana now, let's just move on.

#30 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

That opening speech in Superman is DIGUSTING! Not only are we subjected to hearing how "awesome" Lois is, 'looked better than the royal bride', *puke*, BUT then it says that Clark used his x-ray on her!?!? Since when has he become a pervert?!?! Geez, I was only mildy interested in the Superman comics but if we're going to waste time with Lois apparently being the stuff of legends, forget it!

#31 Posted by MeloDet (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick: He was only using his x-ray vision to see her through the door, not through her clothes or anything. Aside from that though I agree with you. Lobdell CANNOT have Clark continue to go on about Lois like this whilst simultaneously dating Diana. Dating someone while having feelings for someone else just feels very disingenuous.

#32 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Man oh man, Red Lanterns writing is HORRID!

If i wasn't such a green lantern fanboy i would've dropped the title a long time ago. The art isn't anything special either. Such a shame.

But im not saying that the series does not have potential. Red Lanterns have some interesting characters on their team with interesting back storys. Hopefully The characters develop more in the future and great stories are made. i wish I could write the title. I have SOO many ideas for it. Peter Milligan is obviously writing it for the money, he is a good writer doing possibly his worst work.

#33 Posted by cerial442 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I get Superman, but I don't read Superboy or Supergirl. Hopefully I'll be ok to read this weeks Superman.

#34 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The current Superman love life is very similar to the old Lois and Clark tv show's early days when Clark dated others and Lois also dated others.

#35 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

Hello comic book tie in......though its tricky for me as each comic in H'El on earth is needed. I am still catching up on Aquaman for Throne of Atlantis....and the Superman event isn't helping me at all

I know how you feel. I'm trying to read Rise of the Third army, Death in the Family AND H'el on earth.

#36 Posted by Mister_Sensational (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@MeloDet:

Well I've always taken Lois and Clark's pre-dating, pre-marriage relationship in the old DC as her just being oblivious to that fact, and it would appear that the writers are sort of going that same route with them in the DCnU, but I agree with you that I hope they make more out of him and Wonder Woman so he can (if at least for a few issues) be over this school boy crush he has with Lois. I even hope they take it a step further and maybe even make Lois start to get a little jealous of the "mystery woman" in Clark's life and after reading that preview I think they intend to do just that.

#37 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, could it be Diana walking in on Lois and Clark arguing? That would be hilarious. And yikes, the Third Army being more than the Red Lantern Corps can handle? Color me interested! Can't wait for Wednesday!

#38 Posted by Maxman3 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious to see if H'EL will be a completely new character, or if it's a new take on Doomsday. In either case the setup in Supergirl has me excited!

#39 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

H'El on Earth! I'm so damn hyped! I hope this doesn't disappoint me. I'd hate it to be like Reign of Doomsday.... Full of promise yet just average after all is said and done.

#40 Posted by MichelCleark (1 posts) - - Show Bio

He'l is here. I don't want to be disappoint after watching this. Hoping that it will give a full promise of providing a complete joy after watching it.stock cabinets

#41 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Wow, could it be Diana walking in on Lois and Clark arguing? That would be hilarious. And yikes, the Third Army being more than the Red Lantern Corps can handle? Color me interested! Can't wait for Wednesday!

If you want to know, it's

Kara. It was the end of Supergirl #14 that she walked in on them.
#42 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3404 posts) - - Show Bio

The scenes between Lois and Clark seem nice -- if just incredibly cliche. Just find it irritating that Lois has this idea that she can just boss him around with some sort of perceived authority over him. Rather than asking for some sort of explanation. She walks in with a demand.

Sort of turns me off to hear Lois using terms that I heard enough of in high school.

#43 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

both are integral part of my pull list and i m really digging Rocafort's art and ofc the whole H'el on earth crossover... Clark looks much better here than in Supergirl #13... i am interested to know how the whole scenario plays out

#44 Posted by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@MeloDet: It's obvious that most writers don't give two craps about the SM/WW pairing.

#45 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@mpierce2690 said:

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

If you want to know, it's

Kara. It was the end of Supergirl #14 that she walked in on them.

Beat me to it.. :P (Yes, it is ^)

Although Wonder Woman would be hilarious XD

#46 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Both look pretty great. Makes me wish I could afford more books.

#47 Posted by MeloDet (48 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: That sadly seems true. Personally I don't really care who they chose for Superman's love interest, so long as they stick to their bloody plan.

#48 Posted by TDK_1997 (15064 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really starting to dig Rocafort's artwork!

#49 Posted by Deranged Midget (17965 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes... I can see it now. Lois and Clark getting back together again...

BE RID OF THIS SAD EXCUSE OF A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN DIANA AND CLARK...

O_O

#50 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maxman3 said:

I'm curious to see if H'EL will be a completely new character, or if it's a new take on Doomsday. In either case the setup in Supergirl has me excited!

H'El is at least 49% Doomsday.

Regarding WW & Superman, has a comic ever had a superhero dating another superhero, while his civilian self was involved with a regular girl?