• 137 results
#101 Posted by blackkitty (353 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't change people are upset about. People who like this are saying, hey, the book needs some change up, and sure I would definately agree with that, but it's how this happened that upsets me. I mean, Otto killed peter. Pure and simple, no way around it, that's what happened. So now that he feels guilty over it he's suddently a likeable character I should root for? Sorry, no, there is nothing about this character that makes him a hero or someone readers should aspire to. Had this happened a different way, had this been an accident, peter died but he died trying to save otto and it was all just a mishap, sure, maybe this might go over better. But it wasn't, it isn't and I haven't bought a single issue, nor do I plan to.

#102 Posted by bog2814 (65 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll tell MJ that he isn't Peter before he has sex with her right?

#103 Edited by ForeverMan (175 posts) - - Show Bio

So am I supposed to just want the Superior Spider-Man to die an immediate and painful death? Was that "life flash" really supposed to give me any reason to view him as a hero?

This far fetched "body swap" just may go down in the annals of all time legendary misfires unless they address the fact that he's hardly a real hero.

#104 Posted by nakobass (50 posts) - - Show Bio

So, Doc Ock with all his personality disorders that made him a villian in the first place, is the new Spider-man. THIS IS SO STUPID! If it was the movie Doc Ock, it would have made more sense, he was actually a decent Human Being. But this is the comic version, he's always been an asshole, and thinks he's better and smarter then anyone else. I don't care how Peter reprogramed his memories, he's still an asshole, and a villian. I hope this gets reconned soon.

#105 Posted by kid Apollo (721 posts) - - Show Bio

i love it when the costumes RED and BLACK. it deffintely protrays the more sinister nature of the character now

#106 Posted by morehouse92 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

This is stupid wake me up when they bring Peter back.

#107 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna read this. Spider-man is one of my favorite hero's, and I truly mean that. But I've alway's been interested in the interactions between characters, and also the way they behave. Basically in characters themselves. I know that Peter will be back, but until then, I'm actually kinda curious about how Otto will interact with people like Tony and Reed. Will he now overestimate his abilities since Avenging and step over the line with Powerhouses like Red Hulk and Ben Grimm? This is what interest me about this, the stories one can gain from this.

This could also give Slott a chance to touch on Peters deal with Mephisto. I mean we still don't know what their arrangement was. I mean, he makes Peter give up his marriage and everyone forgets he's Spider-Man? That helps Peter more then harm him, and Mephisto dosent help anyone. But yes, Peter will be back, until then I wanna enjoy this. I wanna get lost in the ''whos smarter then who?" games, played by him and Reed Richards or Bruce Banner, I wanna see his arrogance get him stomped on by Red Hulk or Captain America. I just wanna read a fun book. Parker will be twiping around Queens and Manhattan before you know it. Until then, lets see what mischief Octavius can stir up.

#108 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

You're all terrible people.

#109 Posted by spidey 15 (17693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tony_Shark said:

This looks awesome.

I like writers who have the balls to make big changes effectively, and pull it off.

I also don't understand why people are so afraid of change? I know it's your beloved character, but getting the same thing every time gets boring... and Peter Packer has done just about everything.

Let Dan Slott do his thing, I'm sure he'll make a great Spider-Man book.

I couldn't have said it any better. That's how i see it too. It's not like is going to last forever and i like how Dan after all the issues he wrote, all lead to something completely unexpected. It makes stuff interesting.

:)

#110 Posted by Sundipped_Superman (286 posts) - - Show Bio

I was kinda ok with the change till I read the Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 and how Ock was portrayed in it, don't think i'll be picking up Superior Spider-Man..

SS

#111 Edited by DA2814 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll definetly be reading this just to see how Doc Ock does as Spidey. It worked with Magento, so maybe it'll work here as well. My biggest concern though is what will happen when other heroes find out what Otto did. We have to remember that Otto technically did kill Peter Parker and Spider-Man, being apart of the Avengers, does have some telepathic friends who I'm sure will be able to pick up on the mind switch if the decide to speak with him telepathically. He is also friends with Madame Web who I'm sure will also figure it out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

#112 Posted by everclear1981 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83:

you are a terrible person

#113 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@everclear1981 said:

@Guardiandevil83:

you are a terrible person

lol

#114 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13704 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

You're all terrible people.

this.

#115 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5697 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tony_Shark

This looks awesome.

I like writers who have the balls to make big changes effectively, and pull it off.

I also don't understand why people are so afraid of change? I know it's your beloved character, but getting the same thing every time gets boring... and Peter Packer has done just about everything.

Let Dan Slott do his thing, I'm sure he'll make a great Spider-Man book.

This
#116 Posted by DocFishstick (241 posts) - - Show Bio

good for them to make a big change like this for spider man. peter will be back we all know this but lets see where this goes.

#117 Edited by wmwadeii (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be fun to see where this goes. I'm only curious how Doc Oc will get around all the mind readers in the Marvel U. Speaking of that, there is your loop-hole people, Doc said he had all of Peter's memories so all they have to do really is just remove Doc's memories (similar to what they did to Archangel Shaw) and and Boom we have Petey back.

#118 Posted by scarspider (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me give you all a heads up. This was simply a ploy to changed up the story dynamic. Peter Paker didn't really die, Doc Ock did. Think about it, all Doc really did was give Peter his memories & he took Peter's. I mean what really makes a person who they are anyway? It's still Peter's brain, Peter's body, even Peter's soul at this point. I think that when Doc did "the switch" he just made Peter think that he's Doc and Doc think he's Peter when really they were always who they were with additional memories. Just talking about it bothers me because 700 was honestly a stupid story but if it brings about a change to Peter that will promote new and interesting stories, I'm all for it. Just mark my words, in a year or 2 Peter will realize that he's always been himself, Doc died and he's just been believing that he's Doc pretending to be Peter when really he was Peter all along with Doc's extra memories. I've always been a proponent for Peter to develop more, be more serious with his science and his super heroics, I just wish it would have happened naturally instead of be forced on with this Doc Ock mind-swap thing.

#119 Posted by JNugent (11 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM700 and Avenging 15.1 were great! I can't wait for Superior Spider-Man to come out. For those of you who are still stuck at the Clone Saga or One More Day, it sounds like you stopped reading Spidey a long time ago anyway. Read the books that you like, and dump the ones you don't. Peter Parker's death saddens me, but it also opens the door for a plethora of new stories and adventures for Spider-Man. Some of you guys sound like elderly people who are stuck in their ways. Come on... enjoy comics again.

#120 Posted by Jake Fury (19269 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely pumped for this. Stegman art only adds to the awesomeness.

#121 Posted by soir8 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@scarspider: Peter Parker's soul is explicitly shown going to heaven (well, he comes back before dying again and it could've been a hallucination, but I think it's fair to take it at face value).

Not that future writers won't forget this and do exactly what you say they will anyway...

#122 Posted by Spidey399 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard he had some cool New Tech for the Suit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I still want Peter back its not gonna be the same without him

#123 Posted by SadiaVicious (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Ryan Stegman, that's why I'm picking it up.

#124 Posted by funnyfishman (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Still debating to buy this? Doctor Octopus is a Antihero now. http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/funnyfishman/antiheroes-of-the-marvel-u/75-42838/

#125 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder if we'll get "Two More Days" that will totally negate this in the future. Thanks Marvel.

#126 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Aunt May went to heaven in Amazing 400 if I'm not mistaken.:)

Peter Parker? Oh yeah, he got his uncle killed.

Hey, I'm joking. Or am i...?

#127 Posted by tigerex78 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I am curious. For those who said they like the new direction please explain why. What is it about Octavius as Spider-man that has you so excited? We can already read about someone who isn't Peter Parker that has the same powers(Scarlett Spider). I don't see the appeal. Octavius may have the memories of Parker but I can't see this guy making wisecracks or even remotely being a likable character. I am having real trouble getting behind the guy who killed off Peter. I don't buy that he all of a sudden wants to be a good guy. It still seems hypocritical to me that he said he will be better than the original. When someone takes on the mantel of another person they usually hope to at least live up to the reputation of their predecessor. To say I'm not only going be you but I'm going to be better than you is the mentality of a super-villain. I won't be reading Superior Spider-man.

#128 Posted by Ijan092 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trevel8182 said:

Couldn't he at least of changed his name out of respect for Peter like Ben did.

@Trevel8182: Well he said he was going to continue Peter's Legacy plus he has his body and memories of everything Peter was.

#129 Posted by RuinedGlory (29 posts) - - Show Bio
#130 Posted by jaredbright (204 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to read Spider-man when Peter Parker had some maturity to him and was a real hero. After all the magic retcons and stupid decisions on the book changing him into an immature person, I always wanted to read that other character again. I guess that's never going to happen.

#131 Posted by Grey56 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

Good grief. Throw enough at the wall - and this is what sticks. Congratulations on another abortion, Marvel.

#132 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaredbright said:

I used to read Spider-man when Peter Parker had some maturity to him and was a real hero. After all the magic retcons and stupid decisions on the book changing him into an immature person, I always wanted to read that other character again. I guess that's never going to happen.

If they just never would have had that One More Day....

#133 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerex78: Someone in Marvel must have a personal grudge against Peter Parker. I can't explain it otherwise. They could only bring back "the Other" and the Spiderman title would sell again. That's what I think. But no. They had to serve us this travesty. So, you want to make Spiderman an anti-hero. I get that. Well, I guess...YOU ALREADY HAVE THAT!!!! IT'S CALLED THE SCARLET SPIDER AND YOU OWN THIS TITLE MARVEL!!!! I could never imagine I'd be so disappointed with Marvel. 20 years following Pete, my favourite comic book character. I said to myself I'd be dropping Spiderman, following Scarlet Spider, but I realised something more. Marvel keeps disrespecting us. When they said the Scarlet Spider returns, every fan hoped that Ben Reily would come back. Nope. Instead of him, we have Kaine. Ben's enemy moving to the light, becoming an anti-hero. I was disappointed, but I found it an interesting idea, cause we could see what Peter would become without Uncle Ben and the whole story. Then Slott comes with his "brilliancy" and he serves us this idiotic garbage, giving us with several plot devices and murdering scenario holes the Spiderman persona to Otto Octavius. Another bad guy with a change of heart. Another anti-hero. Well, Marvel. I want to see many super-villains taking the mantle of their enemies. It's such a great idea! I want to see Mandarin becoming the Iron-Man. I want to see Dr. Doom becoming the FF (all of them at the same time). You, Marvel, have to give us Sabretooth as the new Wolverine! Bullseye as the new Daredevil and why not, Leader as the new Hulk! High time I stopped reading Marvel's feces. Enough is enough.

#134 Posted by The_Upsetter (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man or someone should have killed Doc Oct long time ago. With the price of scrap metal these days, a gang of badboys should have done the job by now. They have no problem scrapping metal railway bridges.

#135 Posted by longlivesuperiorspiderman (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Spiderman is going to be so amazing. Peter's death was the ultimate victory for Spider-Man--He defeated Doc Ock in the ultimate way, by converting him and causing his legacy to live on in him. Beautiful.

#136 Posted by kathy589 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

like Walter implied I cant believe that someone can make $5611 in 4 weeks on the computer. did you read this web site jump15.com

#137 Posted by jwalser3 (5279 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! I don't even like Spiderman that much. But this looks amazing! Odd choice of villains.

#138 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Never really cared about Spiderman and I wasn't originally planning on getting this but I think I may now. Maybe only the first issue and see how I like it.