gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Today, he’s the world’s greatest super hero. But long before he swung from rooftops as the Amazing Spider-Man, he was a super powered teenager who knew that “with great power must also come great responsibility.” Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look inside SPIDEY #1 – the new ongoing series from fan-favorite writer Robbie Thompson (Silk, Venom: Space Knight) and blockbuster artist Nick Bradshaw (Wolverine and the X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy)! Class is in session as these two explosive creators take Peter back to school for a classic and iconic take on the Spider-Man mythology. Familiar faces and characters populate Peter Parker’s world as he balances his double life as high school student and the high-flying, web-swinging new hero Spider-Man!

Don’t miss one moment of the action as Thompson and Bradshaw spin a legend of their own in the bombastic debut of SPIDEY #1 – coming to comic shops and digital devices later this December!

SPIDEY #1 (OCT150779)

Written by ROBBIE THOMPSON

Art & Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

Variant Covers by HUMBERTO RAMOS (OCT150780)

And SKOTTIE YOUNG (OCT150782)

Hip-Hop Variant by GYIMAH GARIBA (OCT150781)

FOC – 11/02/15, On-Sale – 12/02/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

The only spider book I'm considering. Definitely not reading Peter Stark.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Classic Spider-Man, i'm in. This will sell better than what is now passing as Spider-man.

IAmNotGroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great! I'll definitely read since I've kind of stopped on the main title.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This looks pretty fun.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to read Spider-Man in some form. I haven't read Amazing Spider-Stark yet, still waiting for my comics to arrive (get them sent once a month). But from what I've seen and heard I don't think I'll enjoy it. Funny, because when these titles got announced I was all for Amazing and wasn't interested in Spidey. I'm gonna give this a shot now.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks and sounds really great. Can't wait to pick it up. I know it's meant for a younger crowd but I hope they keep some of the teen angst that was in the Stan Lee high school era of spider-man. People forget that he started out kind of a jerk and grew into the person we love today.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

@the_stegman said:

This I have no interest in Peter Starker either.

@batman404 said:

Classic Spider-Man, i'm in. This will sell better than what is now passing as Spider-man.

I certainly hope so though I'm not putting to much hope in it.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spideycap

Looks fun, I'll have to check this out.

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah this fan who don't like having caracter growing up.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

@dernman said:
@the_stegman said:

This I have no interest in Peter Starker either.

@batman404 said:

I certainly hope so though I'm not putting to much hope in it.

I get the similarities between the two, but the way you and many others are making it out to be, it's easy for one to come to the conclusion that Marvel is, apparently, only allowed to have one insanely rich, futurist superhero with a high tech suit. The philosophies between the two are still starkly (no pun intended) different. All that being said, to return to the first words used, I get the similarities. Almost impossible not to, since there are a lot of them, but there are still plenty of differences that keep the two from blending together.

Just because he can't pass for a face in the crowd anymore, doesn't mean that the new light that the writer is trying to cast the character in is suddenly the same as another, and because of this and many other factors, therefore devalues the character.

Besides all that, I liked The Amazing Spider-Man, and since this is "first-ever-solo-teenage-superhero" Spider-Man, I'm positive that I'll love this. Also helps that the theme song to Spectacular Spider-Man plays in my head when I look at the preview pages.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it won't. That's ok, there's room for both.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By amazingfantasy

Looks fun, but as always i'll have to wait and see.
Tho I have little interest in the concept of the book.

lol nope

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior: Just because a character accepts a job as a CEO of a company does not make them grown. I think people are getting way too caught up in the whole CEO entrepreneur thing when what they should be saying is Peter Parker as a character needs to grow up.

Honestly, I think that more than anything is everyone's problem with ASM right now. His characterization is just off. It doesn't "feel" like spider-man or Peter Parker anymore. It has really nothing to do with his profession but that's just the easiest thing to target that Slott is sort of getting wrong...

Ramior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I think that more than anything is everyone's problem with ASM right now. His characterization is just off. It doesn't "feel" like spider-man or Peter Parker anymore. It has really nothing to do with his profession but that's just the easiest thing to target that Slott is sort of getting wrong...

Have you read ASM right now ?

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can't wait.

galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So which one is the main spider man series? This or the Amazing one ?

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramior: Yeap, started reading ASM again after SSM.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like Peter Parker when hes a lovable loser. cant get ahead, cant find time for the family, and barely goes to school/work. i grew up in the late 80s-90s so thats what ive always liked about him, i felt like i could relate to a character like that because the dream/goal/a normal life was always just out of reach for him. if this is going back to his early days then im in. nothing against his new direction or the writers taking him there, but i just dont think the successful Spidey is for me

vojtavem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone hating on ASM so much? It´s still Peter, it´s still Spider-man, he just has more resources and gadgets. It´s like hating your best friend just because he got a better job.

And for those who feel that he is different, duh, 8 months of comicbook time passed. That is like 2 years of our time. And there are already flashbacks to the stuff that happened during that time. Well, at least one.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for this to come out. But I'm also enjoying ASM at the moment but understand some people don't like it.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This looks good.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

This is the era of Spider-Man I am actually interested in.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By w0nd

I am definitely reading this. It feels like back tracking though. Idk how many times I have to read about him making the same mistakes and learning how to be a super hero. I think this will be a very fun read.

@vojtavem

I don't mind Spider-Stark because they made it quite clear that he is "a poor man's tony stark" and they are working with that. He get paid the least out of his company and is actually doing good "responsible" things with the company like giving people jobs over seas and paying them more than he makes.

one of the things I remember when he started at Horizon labs is aunt may praying to his uncle Ben saying "he finally made it" after all these years they let him move out of his "I have to be responsible but can't progress as a human being" mode. I was actually happy for him...and then obviously he messed it up.

I don't think it's hard to believe someone as smart as him would logically focus on helping his super hero career by doing exactly what he's doing now. It's certainly better than him being too poor to choose between web fluid and eating.

when your 15 years old sure... when you're a grown man who is insanely brilliant then you have to grow up at some point.

I hope they don't go over board with this though and forget what makes peter/spider-man who he is.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Looks amazing.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Spider-man book not written by Dan Slott?

Oh this is a joyous day

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mettlekm
Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that we have classic spiderman to coincide with Iron-Bat-Spiderman, lets see if we get any of the complaints and criticisms usually reserved for Superman.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, is this like Spiderman Year One?

WillSonneFisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By WillSonneFisk

White Rabbit!

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love ASM it's a great concept, he's finally the Spider-Man he's always wanted to be. But he's not as relatable anymore, that's why I like Miles Morales so much, and that's why I plan to get this.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heard that Gwen and MJ are going to be in it but I didn't think he met up with them until college.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

nice

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Synack1138

a Spidey book I might pick up. What is the tone?

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vojtavem: Thank you! Finally someone that understands ASM, honestly I dont like how everyone just wants Peter to remain broke and not progress as a character.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

peter stark ?

MannyCabrales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No entiendo el odio que le tienen a ASM; ver como evoluciona el personaje es lo mejor y creo que el camino tomado es perfecto. Leo spider-man desde hace mas de 20 años sin parar y siento alegria al ver a peter en su maximo potencial. Admito que Dan Slott aveces sale con unas cagadas pero esta ves creo que va por un buen camino en el desarrollo del personaje, que aburrido querer que spidey siempre este en los mismos aprietos de toda la vida y no pretender que un genio como peter no supere esa etapa...

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Aros001

@vojtavem said:

Why is everyone hating on ASM so much? It´s still Peter, it´s still Spider-man, he just has more resources and gadgets. It´s like hating your best friend just because he got a better job.

And for those who feel that he is different, duh, 8 months of comicbook time passed. That is like 2 years of our time. And there are already flashbacks to the stuff that happened during that time. Well, at least one.

Thank you!

@w0nd said:

I am definitely reading this. It feels like back tracking though. Idk how many times I have to read about him making the same mistakes and learning how to be a super hero. I think this will be a very fun read.

@vojtavem

I don't mind Spider-Stark because they made it quite clear that he is "a poor man's tony stark" and they are working with that. He get paid the least out of his company and is actually doing good "responsible" things with the company like giving people jobs over seas and paying them more than he makes.

one of the things I remember when he started at Horizon labs is aunt may praying to his uncle Ben saying "he finally made it" after all these years they let him move out of his "I have to be responsible but can't progress as a human being" mode. I was actually happy for him...and then obviously he messed it up.

I don't think it's hard to believe someone as smart as him would logically focus on helping his super hero career by doing exactly what he's doing now. It's certainly better than him being too poor to choose between web fluid and eating.

when your 15 years old sure... when you're a grown man who is insanely brilliant then you have to grow up at some point.

I hope they don't go over board with this though and forget what makes peter/spider-man who he is.

THANK YOU!

I will complain about One More Day until the day it is completely undone, but the reason I hate it is because it set the character back. He'd grown a lot over the years and while he may have gone through a lot of changes, he was still the guy I became a fan of. Heck, I became more of a fan of his when I saw Spider-Man growing and becoming better and learning from all he's done. This Spidey series will probably be good. Looking back on a hero's earlier years and seeing what made them into who they are today is fine. But some writers (and editors and Chief Creative Officers) need to remember that is not WHO the characters are, but they grew from.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I havent bought or read a Marvel book, or anything Spider-Man in a long time, but I might give this a try. A series set in the most classic time in Spider-Mans history, and not having to deal with the tremendous BS going on in the current Marvel universe is a HUGE plus!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: when they compared him to a poor mans stark, and he gave everyone that speech on how he differs and why that isn't a bad thing, I was like damn right. And what was even better was his fly was down during that speech...and i was like some things never change.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the second coming of Untold Tales of Spidey!

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

A Spider-Man book NOT being written by Slott? Count me in.

vojtavem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Wise words from a wise person. Now the only thing I´m waitning for is MJ coming back to him... I don´t care if it is hanging on to the past and not letting him move on, but I didn´t move on. I want him to be with MJ.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not written by Slott!! YES!

This looks so much better than the Amazing Spiderstark. God that series sucks.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vojtavem: we will see. What is amazing spider-man even at. issue 2? I like how people are talking about how much this sucks, even though it's only at issue 2.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new ASM is the first time I cared to pick up a spider title.

It's amazing.

Now that they're pushing this out to coincide with the movie version being young it's "meh". We've already got a teenage spider man running around New York. Why cut miles short just for movie boosting purpose?

Oh yeah the $$$.

Always a good reason

Avatar image for anarrowintheheart10
anarrowintheheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: this guy got it right....people are just hating

@w0nd said:

@vojtavem

Avatar image for zerooriginality
ZeroOriginality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ZeroOriginality

This is an all ages book, right? If so, I'll picking up 3 or 4 copies.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many times are they going to tell this story?!

Ultimate Spider-man comic

Ultimate Spider-man tv show

Ultimate Spider-man comic that's based off the tv show

That other Spider-man comic that was out a few years ago that was more kid friendly

Spider-man Learn to Crawl

The Amazing Spider-man movies

The lastest Spider-man reboot

And all of these are recent--save the original Ultimate Spider-man but, even still, that Pete's story recently ended back in 2012.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers