Posted by G-Man (30625 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's admit it, when we first heard and saw the teasers for SPIDER-MEN, there was a lot of doubt and skepticism. When details emerged and the creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli were revealed, the interest level was cranked up. The two have been going full force in bringing us a touching and compelling story.

Sadly the final issue is soon headed our way. Marvel has released an early look for the conclusion.

Marvel is proud to present your first look at Spider-Men #5! Peter Parker, Miles Morales and the Ultimates team up to take on Mysterio, but even if they can take him down, how will Peter get back home? And what will he and Miles do with the knowledge that they’re not alone in the universe. And most important of all – will Peter Parker give Miles Morales his blessing to carry the mantle of Spider-Man? The chart-topping creative team of writer Brian Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli pull out all the stops in Spider-Men #5, web-slinging into comic shops everywhere, the Marvel Comics app, and Marvel Digital Comic Shop this September.

SPIDER-MEN #5 (JUL120560)

Written by BRIAN BENDIS

Penciled by SARA PICHELLI

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

FOC – 8/27/2012, On Sale – 9/19/2012

== TEASER ==
Staff
#1 Posted by sora_thekey (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

CAN'T WAIT!

#2 Posted by inferiorego (21226 posts) - - Show Bio

my favorite Marvel cross over ever

Staff
#3 Posted by SeanFoster (27 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna be a looooooong month. :(

#4 Posted by kriminal (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Only thing i hae about the series is how miles beats peter when they fight

#5 Posted by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

I missed how peter came back to life.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course Miles ends up taking down Mysterio.

#7 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really excited to see what happens in the end of this mini. Will it change the ultimate universe forever?

#8 Edited by Mr. Kamikaze (519 posts) - - Show Bio

The twist is it will be 5 more issues and Miles will end up in the 616 Universe! :O

They couldn't resurrect Ultimate Peter, so they'll just sap Miles and 616 Peter. PROBLEM SOLVED!

#9 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (5278 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. Look like Miles ends up in 616 U. Wonder what this leads to?

#10 Posted by Captain13 (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

my favorite Marvel cross over ever

Me too! Let's be friends!

#11 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@PortlandsBatman said:

I missed how peter came back to life.

Peter doesn't come back to life. It's Peter from the regular Marvel universe and he traveled to the Ultimate Marvel universe.

#12 Posted by Wowlock (203 posts) - - Show Bio

So Miles will travel to 616 and back ? At least that's what I can see from the teasers.

Either way, after the real-strong last issue... I am looking forward to this.

#13 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait issue 4 was probably the best issue Bendis has done.

#14 Posted by kadosho_16bit (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Crossovers like this can be a bit funky sometimes, but the art and story sound great so far. Bummer its wrapping up with 5 issues. But hey who knows they could team up again!

#15 Posted by thenexusrebound (240 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems so far away. I loved issue 4 and I can't wait to read 5.

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderful crossover and solid issues. Loving the art and I've always had a soft spot for Mysterio. Great stuff!

#17 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming my information is still correct I absolutely love how they connected Ultimate Mysterio and 616 Mysterio. Very cool crossover and nicely underplayed as well.

#18 Posted by Michiel76 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else think that this is the moment the Ultimate Nick fury crosses over to the 616 universe? He might tag along with our Peter in some way. Just in time for Marvel Now!

#19 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are the eyes on Miles' costume stupidly big?

#20 Posted by jo07sh (4 posts) - - Show Bio

when is it ??

#21 Posted by brucecapell (101 posts) - - Show Bio

this crossover has been awesome

#22 Posted by LastOblivion (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait. It's just Amazing, I'm loving this. Issue 4 was my favorite. (:

Oh, and of course, after beating Peter, Miles is going to defeat Mysterio too. Nah, It's ok, he needs to get noticed.

#23 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked this I can't wait to see if Peter or Miles end up in another alternate universe.

#24 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@jo07sh said:

when is it ??

September 19th is the release.

#25 Posted by Hulk1893 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

At first i admit i was a little skeptical about this crossover but damn did Marvel prove me wrong haha best crossover in a while

#26 Posted by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem: The huge anime eyes have always been a staple of Ultimate Spider-man. really, its the main way to tell Ultimate Pete from Regular Pete.

#27 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

@Degalon: But it's Miles not Pete, and his costume bares a different colour scheme. So I still don't understand why.

#28 Edited by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem: Just tradition by this point. Ultimate Spider-Man has huge anime eyes, despite whos under the mask.