Posted by G-Man (34325 posts) - - Show Bio

The first issue of the crazy crossover in SPIDER-MEN arrived in comic shops this week. Peter Parker and Miles Morales have met. What happens next? You'll have to wait for issue #2. But to build on the suspense, Marvel has given us a first look at the THIRD issue.

Marvel is proud to present your first look at Spider-Men #3, as the blockbuster creative team of best-selling writer Brian Bendis and red hot artist Sara Pichelli bring you the next chapter in the ultimate Spider-Man event of the year! Now that Peter Parker and Miles Morales have met, can they both work together to defeat their foes – or will they require the help of Nick Fury and his Ultimates?

The most amazing team-up of the summer continues in Spider-Men #3, slinging into comic shops everywhere, the Marvel Comics app and the Marvel Digital Comics Shop this July.

SPIDER-MEN #3 (MAY120671)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Penciled by SARA PICHELLI

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Variant Covers by SARA PICHELLI & TERRY DODSON

FOC – 6/18/2012, On Sale – 7/11/2012

== TEASER ==
Staff
#1 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

This is probably my most anticipated comic event in years. I can't wait to read it all.

#2 Posted by xtigerz (6 posts) - - Show Bio

^^ Ditto

#3 Edited by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely waiting to read this in trade. Because it looks so great that I want to read the whole story arc in one sitting.

#4 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour said:

I'm definitely waiting to read this in trade. Because it looks so great that I want to read the whole story arc in one sitting.

#5 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh this looks good. Really good.

#6 Edited by Webjaker (366 posts) - - Show Bio

You're supposed to be on vacation :P Go relax!

I did read issue #1 and I liked it but was Too Short

#7 Posted by BurnSide (53 posts) - - Show Bio

is there a review on issue 1 on the site? i'm still hesitant to go for it

#8 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

someone please tell me

a) if this #1 is worth picking up

b) if i need to know much about the Ultimate story lines

#9 Posted by The Stegman (24430 posts) - - Show Bio
I must....I must read this!
#10 Posted by Spidey_Guy1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Great art work. I better get started on issue #!.

#11 Posted by King001 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn: A) Issue #1 is like an into to new readers. not much story wise just peter doing what peter does. He mainly talks to some cops and witty comebacks. But like I said no story reveals or anything like that. Just a set up issue. But if you're going to consider the rest of the issues, issue 1 not that bad. You get that classic Peter we all know and love.

B) You don't need to know anything about the ultimate universe so far. I picked it up just knowing what happened in the death of spider-man arc so you should be good. I read read DC comics only this is my first marvel so we'll see how it goes.

#12 Posted by Maki_P (275 posts) - - Show Bio

My God, Miles' eyes are Huge!

But seriously, I think this crossover it's interesting, and issue one, while short, shows a lot of potential

#13 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

the artwork loos very good

#14 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

They should meld both universes together and salvage some of the villains they've really botched up over the last 10 years or so.

#15 Posted by CitizenJP (597 posts) - - Show Bio

That is an awesome cover.

#16 Posted by sho3s22 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

This is probably my most anticipated comic event in years. I can't wait to read it all.

#17 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously hope that they don't consider these events canon, and this is just a little side story for the fun of it. These are two worlds that should never be mixing.

#18 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though I only read DC I think I'll pick this series up.

#19 Posted by odysseyuwrf (73 posts) - - Show Bio

i think this will have lasting impression on Ultimate Spidey, but it will probably have little to do with earth 616. I think that the place Miles is at, he really needs Peter-616 to help mold him into something. I hope that this meeting does come back to help Miles, but other-Parker can be let off the hook.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

The first issue was good but it felt like a quick read and wasn't that thrilling but I hope the next issues to be superb.

#21 Posted by waruikumo (357 posts) - - Show Bio

@odysseyuwrf said:

i think this will have lasting impression on Ultimate Spidey, but it will probably have little to do with earth 616. I think that the place Miles is at, he really needs Peter-616 to help mold him into something. I hope that this meeting does come back to help Miles, but other-Parker can be let off the hook.

These are my thoughts exactly, Miles has clearing been looking for a mentor, and has been defaulted to his Uncle Aaron. Which will provide great drama for the reader, but also heartache for Miles.

PICHELLI's art is some of my favorite stuff in cape books.

#22 Posted by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the classified pics mysterio

#23 Posted by dwains (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Been awhile since I've read anything "ultimate", but I may check this out.

#24 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome art, decent writer... I like it!

#25 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like there going to the fight the sinister six or at least a few members.

#26 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't like the Ultimate Universe in general to the point of just never reading it but I have found some of the aspects to the Ultimate Spider-Man end of it to be interesting but I am very invested in the 616 version of Spidey that I do not want to convolute it with multiple universes and timelines. I did read the first issue and it is quite awesome. The idea in general is pretty awesome. I just hope they don't do too many of these crossovers because that would be lame. I do really hope that Peter meets Ultimate Gwen at some point. That would be killer.

#27 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

this

#28 Posted by edtie97 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman's eyes are just a little bit too tiny for my liking

#29 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Sara's always spectacular. Even though I don't much care about the story, I may pick up a trade when it hits, just to support her.

#30 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a big Spidey fan but this series looks so good I'll probably pick it up.

#31 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9064 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't love the first issue, but I think the next couple of issues for this event should be good

#32 Posted by kamionero (313 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is beautiful

#33 Posted by Replicant0658 (86 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour: I totally agree with you but the wait is literally gunna kill me!!!!!

#34 Posted by Novemberx2 (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the first issue and came to the conclusion i had when they announced it... it was a story that never needed to be told

#35 Posted by FoxCircuit101 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I already have Spider-Men #1 I do plan on collecting the rest. And in later years this team-up will be legendary!!!!

#36 Posted by TheVenomSite (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Are the villains depicted on the cover (specifically Venom and Carnage) going to be in the story?

#37 Posted by SpideyFan113 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol That's a freaking awesome cover. Ultimate Spidey's pinned by Electro and his suit's all torn while Amazing Spidey doesn't have a scratch on him. Can't beat the original! :) I'm starting to get used to Miles now, but I still don't see the point in killing Ultimate Peter in the first place. -_-

#38 Posted by tigerex78 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks like it would be an interesting series.