First Look: SPIDER-GWEN #1 (All-New, All-Different)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

Because you demanded it, the character that took the world by storm is back and she’s better than ever for a brand-new ongoing series this October! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at SPIDER-GWEN #1 – coming to you from the red-hot creative team of Jason Latour, Robbi Rodriguez and Rico Renzi! Now is your chance to jump in with a clean entry point into Marvel’s breakout sensation of the year! The answers you’ve been waiting for are here: the secret history of Gwen Stacy & Peter Parker revealed! Someone out there has recreated Peter’s Lizard formula. The same formula that mutated him, branded Gwen a fugitive and ultimately cost Peter his life. Gwen WILL NOT let that happen to anyone else – no matter the cost. But with NYPD Captain Frank Castle and the Kingpin of Crime Matt Murdock still on her trail, that won’t be so easy. Plus, the introduction of Norman Osborn and Harry Osborn. What could possibly go wrong? The next epic chapter of Gwen Stacy’s life is about to begin. And you won’t want to miss the bombastic debut as she swings into comic shops once more in SPIDER-GWEN #1 this October!

SPIDER-GWEN #1 (AUG150805)

Written by JASON LATOUR

Art & Cover by ROBBI RODRIGUEZ & RICO RENZI

Variant Covers by NICK BRADSHAW (AUG150806), SKOTTIE YOUNG (AUG150808),

And BRUCE TIMM (AUG150811)

Kirby Monster Variant by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA (AUG150813)

Action Figure Variant by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER (AUG150809)

Hip Hop Variant by HUMBERTO RAMOS (AUG150812)

Cosplay Variant by KATHRINE ZAN (AUG150807)

Blank Variant Also Available (AUG150812)

FOC – 09/21/15, On-Sale 10/14/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

Hope the team step up their game on this arc, the first was pretty underwhelming.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

It is a good series but "taking world by storm" isn't entirely accurate when you shoved her down our throats and stuck her in every marvel comic like DC is doing with Harley Quinn

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I just hope this stays in its own universe. I think losing its different universe location would take away from the series.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm thinking of buying the Skottie Young variant. Looks awesome.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

When the House of Ideas is out of ideas then alternate versions of all the popular characters will roam the comics.

If there weren't 324 Spider Mans already this might be okay.

KrazyCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Doesn't look all-new or all-different

Novafett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Novafett

What the hell? I don't pick my books up weekly, just go in once a month or two. They're reissuing this with a new #1 already?!?

"Because you demanded it" ...Seriously? Yes please, every 3 months start my comic over at #1, i looove the hype and having lots of #1 in my collection!!

Anyone able to enlighten me why this was done, maybe i'm over reacting. :p

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a good series but "taking world by storm" isn't entirely accurate when you shoved her down our throats and stuck her in every marvel comic like DC is doing with Harley Quinn

That is the meaning for them '' We are forcing this STORM on you to sweep you away ... doesn't matter if you agree ! Storms don't care about your opinions ! ''

I mean we might not see every comment of the consumers but the sales figures not exactly show a 'storm'...rather a gentle breeze.

Sadly, these are just hype words that are used for things even before the damn thing is out.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@wowlock said:
@docholiday said:

That is the meaning for them '' We are forcing this STORM on you to sweep you away ... doesn't matter if you agree ! Storms don't care about your opinions ! ''

I mean we might not see every comment of the consumers but the sales figures not exactly show a 'storm'...rather a gentle breeze.

Sadly, these are just hype words that are used for things even before the damn thing is out.

I agree, it is hard to say things aren't "taken by storm" when you force them to be.

I like the concept of Spider-Gwen but much like anything, it is best when there is a limited amount to enjoy and savor, it is why some popular comic artists will always be able to sell their comics because they put out only a few at a time and don't flood the market

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count me in!

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's a good cosplay cover.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: If you looked at the December Marvel previews she visits the 616 to see Jess.

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I much prefer Silk over Gwen.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the art.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Stahlflamme

@stahlflamme: If you looked at the December Marvel previews she visits the 616 to see Jess.

Mh... Lets hope thats some Spider-Verse I can travel between worlds thing.

CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CurrentThor2015

@stahlflamme: This did take place in the Spider-Gwen series not the SpiderVerse series, but when I read the desc of SpiderVerse it did say Gwen has a device that lets her travel between worlds so maybe she has it in her solo series too.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

WHOOT! Bring on Spider-Gwen! I love alternate universes XD

When done RIGHT that is.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By donmeca2020

I was originally for her, but now starting over again crap. I'm honestly 50/50 with the idea.

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Flicker

I'm probably falling off this series. I started falling behind and despite good art, it just hasn't grabbed me enough to go forward.

That is a downside to relaunching all these titles. I personally don't like to quit series halfway through, but since titles have concluded it makes it a perfect time to drop off.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never imagined I would hate Gwen Stacy one day. Never even crossed my mind...

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only good thing that came out of Spider-gwen is the amount of cosplayers.

And that's pretty much it.

Last book had lame story and ugly-looking art. That's not a winning combination.

eliottsworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novafett: after secret wars everything is starting over at no. 1. There were others that also didn't even make it to double digits before renumbering. Silk and Squirrel Girl come to mind.

Novafett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Novafett

@novafett: after secret wars everything is starting over at no. 1. There were others that also didn't even make it to double digits before renumbering. Silk and Squirrel Girl come to mind.

Thanks for the heads up. Still pisses me off. Feel like they pull this kind of crap every 6 months of late.

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@stahlflamme: Spider-Gwen will still be living in her own universe. She'll just have the means to travel to other universes from time to time. According to solicits in December from Spider-Verse, she has a device that allows this.

Catty_Spider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: To be fair to DC, Harley is a popular character that sells which is why they put her in everything. Hell she wasn't even originaly a comic book character, so it's not just simply writer pride on there part but genuine greed.

Gwens a bit different. She is really just known for dying. So giving an AU Gwen Spiderpowers, really is more about the novelty factor as much as anything.

My own feeling is that one big factor between the 2, is that Harley is an Anti-hero while Gwen is all heroine so people are gonna find Harley more interesting to read about than Spider Gwen whose just Peter Parker but with tits .

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@goonage said:

I'm thinking of buying the Skottie Young variant. Looks awesome.

Agreed. :)

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen Harley Quinn in anything I've read from DC.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheBlackHood

@novafett said:
@eliottsworld said:

Thanks for the heads up. Still pisses me off. Feel like they pull this kind of crap every 6 months of late.

They do pull this crap every 6 months. For people reading trades or buying back issues it makes it really difficult to collect. My girlfriend and I decided just to do mostly DC and Valiant because they actually have numbered trades where you can follow the story.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

i love those figure variants , also can't wait for more spider-gwen and 2099 !

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Tbh they should have just moved her to the main universe, I mean, if we can have 2 spider-man, then we can have our spider-gwen in it :D

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Doesn't look all-new or all-different

Yeah. She's all-old, all same.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Young variant cover though.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder is Spider-Gwen will have sex with Norman too.