First Look: SILK #1

• 102 results
WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

Arts not bad. I still don't like the character though....I might get it.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Art is okay. Doesnt look like Silk is going to be serious in tone.

But love how Silk is written on the cover.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Totally gonna pick it up, along with Spider-Gwen.

me too really excited to see what Spider-Gwen will be about and I hope she makes it to the new Marvel Universe

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Mightus

It's worth a shot. Interesting how serious they are about interweaving her adventures right next door to spiderman and his rogues. He has more than enough to share.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#55  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Love the art, and I find Silk's character to be interesting. Too bad Secret Wars will most likely end this series before it even gets a chance to go anywhere... -___-

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bitten. She was bitten by the same radioactive spider. A bit is some form of English currency. :)

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I really hate the art it's borderline anime art

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: not a reboot. A revamping. They won't just end series for the sake of it. And those that DO will probably be relaunched and will be about them facing a different world.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Why shove in a lesser knows character there,like Spider-man??....she's already shown that she can carry HIS book too......

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By CurrentThor2015
No Caption Provided

I was super excited for Silk & Gwen's ongoing series, but after the Secret Wars announcement I dont want them now as Everything Ends in May. I hope they survive and get another series post Secret Wars.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@mr__kamikaze: they clearly said they are not getting rid of the 616's history. they will be adding characters not pulling a dc

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving this a try.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: It doesn't matter if they get solos for the movies at the end of the day Marvel is giving B through D to freaking Z list characters solos and DC isn't giving crap they gave a few in the beginning when they didn't work they went "screw that only the mainstream heroes now" There's over 10 comics that include either Batman or someone in the Batfamily same for supes they gave up on giving new solos while Marvel is giving everyone a solo whether they have a movie or don't have a movie. DC won't even give Cyborg a series and he's a main founding Justice League member.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome. Whens it being released?

OUTBREAK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art looks pretty lame

aspenation_366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By aspenation_366

Art seems nice, but there's parts of the art here seems bit off course. As for Cindy's costume she looks stunning and gorgeous, but I like her costume in Spider-verse better. I'll buy the 1st issue in February and see how this will play out.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@donmeca2020: Why you no like Female heroes?

ehh not that i don't like em... just i won't collect too many of their comics... i have a few 1 shot harley quinn titles, im not a regular reader of her series... never been into any females that much on the Marvel side. due the the fact that Silk and gwen are Spider characters. i'll try them both out and see how i feel. so far im not fond of the art on the silk comic. hell even in the first appearance of Spider Gwen in the edge of Spider verse 2 the art was god awful.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want to forget she exists.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I will check out the first issue at least.

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

I'm ok with the character, the costume looks great but I really don't like that art style.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't had an issue with her character and fond her to be the least "jump the shark" aspects of the Watcher's death and revealed secrets. The fact that Marvel was able to use her revelation to bring in Spider-Verse I thought was a big plus as well rather than just throwing us a new character like Thor's sister. Just wish they hadn't gone the route of placing her in FactChannel....the use of media as a place of business has simply gotten old and redundant.

In the wake of a potential "reboot" in which I'm sure a lot of 616 history will remain the same but small changes occur to logically bring in new characters I'd have liked to see more of Peter and Cindy's relationship explored. I don't really care if Peter and MJ ever got back together given how much story between them has developed since Brand New Day but it could be interesting to see a character arc of Peter and Cindy dealing with being in a relationship and working together in their costumed identities since we don't have couples like Hawkeye and Mockingbird around anymore.

No real issues with the artwork...at least we're not getting extremely out of proportioned bodies as happens to Spider-Man at times. My only complaint is the unnecessary addition of red and the ninja mask. The body of the costume was a perfect blend of the traditional black suit look and her first "hand-made" webbing look that had they simply completed it would an updated mask that Julia and Arana wore it would have been a perfect re-design and equal to the great job they did of updating Ultimate Spider-Man's suit for Miles Morales and Scarlet Spider's suit for Kaine.

Speaking of which, in lieu of great new spider-style designs (minus the ninja cowl) is it time to update Spider-Man's look come the "reboot"? Something a bit more steamlined and "simplistic" in the vein of Miles, Kaine and Otto's suits but still the classic bright red and blue rather than going to slightly darker tones (like the New 52 Superman under some artists). I could see the "reboot" as a good point to introduce such a change as Marvel has successfully given us these other depictions so its a continuing trend vice a drastic, sudden change like the New 52.

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh cool another title they can point at and scream "DIVERSITY!!!!!$$$$$$" at us until they cancel it after 5 issues like Iron Patriot.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda feels like she will be the ''old Peter'' style, working in news , having '' Cindy-luck'' and of course the whole Pheramone-quasi-romance stuff with Peter.

I wonder how that will play out with Renew your Vows stuff.. She better not mess with Pete and MJ !

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Love the art, and it looks really interesting but I'm not gonna add anything to my pull list for now.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d568743bdb8
deactivated-57d568743bdb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow... didn't expect a series so soon

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh cool another title they can point at and scream "DIVERSITY!!!!!$$$$$$" at us until they cancel it after 5 issues like Iron Patriot.

pretty much. i think a lot of this is "inspired" by batgirls success and the style of art in batgirl. also aimed at primarily young girls. I just don't see it lasting more than 12 issues...too many spider people nowadays. It's ridiculous.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My guess is first issue will sell in the 69k range, issue 2 drop off to 40k and continue dropping till by issue 6 the book will fall into the 20k or less range

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Sigh still no proper Thunderbolts series

Avatar image for gothicshieldagent
gothicshieldagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her outfit remind me of the Guild Wars:Factions assassin,especially the mask style.

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Marvel has been giving everyone a comic nowadays, Literally EVERYONE.

It's cool. Wish DC would give more of their characters ongoings also.

~MiB

I profoundly agree with this statement .

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@granitesoldier said:

I'm going to sound like a hater here but I don't really care:

Take Silk away and bring Kaine Parker back.

Kaine > Cindy any day.

Based on the way New Warriors ended it really wouldn't shock me if they already have plans for Kaine and are just waiting till after Spider-Verse and Secret Wars have passed before starting it up.

And I'm pretty sure Yost is only on Amazing X-Men just for the one arch so it kind of supports the theory since he is one of their best writers and they don't have him on anything right now.

No Caption Provided

It s still feel so uncanny to me how young Speedball and Vance are supposed to be after Civil War and what became their original partner Nova.

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll end up trying it out. Im wondering whom will sell more? Silk or spider gwen?

probably Spider-Gwen. But I think Silk has potential to last more than Spider-Gwen's.

Theandric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That original cover is HOT. My spidey-sense is tingling...

BigMan1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: who doesn't? I think she's the type of character that just doesn't go away, like (let's see here)
: Iris from the Flash, Laurel from Arrow, and Barbara from Gotham. Goodness, they just won't stop existing. The only characters I even like on the Flash are Harrison Wells and Cisco. And Captain Cold. The actor just GETS what CC should be like...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack said:

@granitesoldier said:

Kaine > Cindy any day.

Based on the way New Warriors ended it really wouldn't shock me if they already have plans for Kaine and are just waiting till after Spider-Verse and Secret Wars have passed before starting it up.

And I'm pretty sure Yost is only on Amazing X-Men just for the one arch so it kind of supports the theory since he is one of their best writers and they don't have him on anything right now.

No Caption Provided

It s still feel so uncanny to me how young Speedball and Vance are supposed to be after Civil War and what became their original partner Nova.

Kaine, Vance, and Speedball are in their mid 20s. Same with most of the classic New Warriors. They are just always treated like kids enough they aren't like how Cap and Wolverine some times refer to Spidey as kid when he's close to 30. They even make fun of this fact not so long ago in Avengers Arena when the other teens looked at Darkhawk and were like "There's no way you're still a teen hero man you came up with the new warriors..." and he was like "Yeah I'm actually 25..."

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might actually work.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaine > Cindy any day.

Yeah, but it's good to mix stuff up every once in a while. Besides, I doubt they they'd put Kaine away forever. At least they better not.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#100  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@106me said:

@granitesoldier said:

Kaine > Cindy any day.

Yeah, but it's good to mix stuff up every once in a while. Besides, I doubt they they'd put Kaine away forever. At least they better not.

I don't know...the clones are expendable. Ben Reilly never came back, did he? Alternate reality Ben doesn't count.