gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This February, straight from the pages of Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Verse comes a brand new ongoing series starring the newest heroine of the Marvel Universe. Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at SILK #1, the new series writer Robbie Thompson (writer for TV’s Supernatural) and rising star artist Stacey Lee!

Cindy Moon exploded out of her bunker and into theMarvel Universe in the pages of Amazing Spideer-Man and she never looked back. Bit by the same radioactive spider that gave Peter Parker his powers on that fateful day, she’s spent her years locked away in a bunker, safe from the threat of Morlun and the Inheritors. Since then, she’s saved Peter Parker’s life (more than once), fought alongside Spider-Woman, braved the Spider-Verse and more!

“Cindy fascinates me,” says series writer Robbie Thompson, in an interview with Marvel.com. “She gave up 10 years of her life and the world moved on without her. What does that do to a person?”

Now, Cindy is back in New York City, patrolling it’s rooftops as SILK! And she’s going to make up for lost time. Searching for her past, defining her own future, and webbing wrong-doers along the way. Now is your chance to hop on board one of the slickest new launches of 2015 as SILK #1 swings in to comic shops this February!

SILK #1 (DEC140837)

Written by ROBBIE THOMPSON

Art by STACEY LEE

Cover by DAVE JOHNSON

Variant Covers by STACEY LEE (DEC140838)

And SKOTTIE YOUNG (DEC140839)

FOC – 1/26/15, On Sale – 02/18/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

If Marvel wasn't putting out so many other good titles, I would've been interested.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Terrible timing, pretty spider. The world's about the end. :(

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Meh about the art

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like the art, i might get it

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Marvel has been giving everyone a comic nowadays, Literally EVERYONE.

It's cool. Wish DC would give more of their characters ongoings also.

~MiB

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll end up trying it out. Im wondering whom will sell more? Silk or spider gwen?

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminds me of the style from Batgirl which isn't a bad thing.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dislike the art and the concept of the character, I don't think I can get behind this.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020: spider gwen, people liked her before her comic even came out, they just had one look at her costume and people went nuts for her

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@madeinbangladesh: Yeah, but most of these series only last 12 issues. Heck this series is probably only going to last for 12 issues (maybe less depending on how the reboot goes).

dcfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art looks good and I like Supernatural. Might have to pick this one up.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

@madeinbangladesh: DC gives tons of characters ongoings, people just do not buy them. I don't see this lasting too long either tbh.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome, and I really love the Skottie Young variant. I usually try to pick those up if they happen to be for a comic I was going to buy anyways.

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RalfvdH

I'm okay with the character, but I'm not into that art style.... Hopefully she stays around after secret wars.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RevivalMH

It's not that I dislike the art its just I don't feel like it fits the overall tone I was hoping the book would have. I was hoping it would be a little more serious.

I will still be definitely picking this up though and giving it a try.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I LOVE this art! I also love how ethnically abstract Cindy is.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Not a huge fan of the art, I'll try to pick up atleast the first issue though.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westy206 said:

I dislike the art and the concept of the character, I don't think I can get behind this.

This

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wasnt sure about this until i saw the art. now im definitely excited

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pass, Spider-Gwen please.

Pixel_Kaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Gosh, some of you guys are crazy. That art is incredible. Can't wait for this, hope it does well.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Looks awesome.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

will definitely give it a try

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

~MiB

Are you kidding? DC gave Vibe, Katanna, Voodoo, Mister Terrific, Talon, Batwing, Larfleeze and others solos. Marvel is just starting to do what DC has been doing sicne the begining of the New 52.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By superhoodie

Despite do not like the retcon, Cindy is a character interesting and i liked this art.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

~MiB

Are you kidding? DC gave Vibe, Katanna, Voodoo, Mister Terrific, Talon, Batwing, Larfleeze and others solos. Marvel is just starting to do what DC has been doing sicne the begining of the New 52.

comics for characters that more people would actually go and read like Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, The Real Ques ion, Shazam etc.

~MiB

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiders! Spiders everywhere!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that the same style of costume that they said wasn't good enough for Spider-Woman anymore?

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@dondave said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

~MiB

comics for characters that more people would actually go and read like Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, The Real Ques ion, Shazam etc.

~MiB

yeah i mean look at Rocket Raccoon having his own series and thats been going on for a while now (and the recent one looks really good)

and lets not pretend like DC did this and then Marvel copied them

Scarlet Spider, Agent Venom anyone remember those 25+ issue series...

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By illmatic4177

@serrure: No no, your crazy. Giving lesser known characters titles is a exclusively DC idea that Marvel has copied.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: No no, your crazy. Giving lesser known characters titles is a exclusively DC idea that Marvel has copied.

right my mistake... i should no better

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@dondave said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

~MiB

~MiB

yeah i mean look at Rocket Raccoon having his own series and thats been going on for a while now (and the recent one looks really good)

Venom and Kaine, some of the biggest names from the Spider-Man mythos. Of course they're going to get titles. It's not like Venom didn't have various mini's and a solo series before Rick Remeneder came along.

Rocket Racoon only got a series because of the GotG film, it's the same with Starlord. Even the New Ant-Man series is only because of his upcoming movie.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'm going to sound like a hater here but I don't really care:

Take Silk away and bring Kaine Parker back.

Kaine > Cindy any day.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I just don't care for the character and see no reason why she should get an ongoing.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@serrure said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@dondave said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

~MiB

~MiB

Venom and Kaine, some of the biggest names from the Spider-Man mythos. Of course they're going to get titles. It's not like Venom didn't have various mini's and a solo series before Rick Remeneder came along.

Rocket Racoon only got a series because of the GotG film, it's the same with Starlord. Even the New Ant-Man series is only because of his upcoming movie.

Venom was not that huge when his series first started and neither was Kaine. they became insanely popular after having great ongoings

thats a BS excuse. but lets continue shall we

Ghost Rider, Squirrel Girl, Miles Morales, Hawkeye, Cyclops (horrible decision though), Black Widow, Moon Knight, Gambit, Red-She Hulk, Agent Carter,

and im missing tons more.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh said:

@dondave said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

~MiB

~MiB

Those characters don't sell as well as you think, and DC probably wants to make sure that if they get a series it will have staying power.

Plus a character like Captain Marvel needs to be fixed before he gets a book. Do you really want a series about jerk man child Cap?

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7 said:

@donmeca2020: spider gwen, people liked her before her comic even came out, they just had one look at her costume and people went nuts for her

This was a big topic over on the collectors society forum, i think the best thing we can do is wait and see who does better. while im not a big fan of female heroes in the first place , i kinda sorta like both silk and spider gwen. not sure if i would end up getting their entire series though....

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like silk but i'm already reading angela, storm, black widow and captain marvel so i'm set on interesting female titles.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kinda reminds me a bit of the Batgirl comics current art a bit, really digging it.

Rixec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just don't care for the character and see no reason why she should get an ongoing.

It's because people kept writing in more and more each month about her and wanting more.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh said:

@dondave said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

~MiB

~MiB

Those characters don't sell as well as you think, and DC probably wants to make sure that if they get a series it will have staying power.

Plus a character like Captain Marvel needs to be fixed before he gets a book. Do you really want a series about jerk man child Cap?

Hell yeah I would. That's what also makes to character interesting to me. They could also tell a story where Billy turns from a jerk kid to someone inspirational.

~MiB

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@dondave said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

~MiB

~MiB

Hell yeah I would. That's what also makes to character interesting to me. They could also tell a story where Billy turns from a jerk kid to someone inspirational.

~MiB

That's not the character though and that's not his story. For Damien maybe, but not Billy. Go read some of the older Captain marvel stuff to get an idea of who he should be.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@dondave said:

@serrure said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

@dondave said:

@madeinbangladesh said:

~MiB

~MiB

Venom was not that huge when his series first started and neither was Kaine. they became insanely popular after having great ongoings

thats a BS excuse. but lets continue shall we

Ghost Rider, Squirrel Girl, Miles Morales, Hawkeye, Cyclops (horrible decision though), Black Widow, Moon Knight, Gambit, Red-She Hulk, Agent Carter,

and im missing tons more.

Both Kaine and Venom were peoplular before they got their ongoings.

Ghist Rider has had 5 solo series'. His first series has over 80 issues and the seond series had over 90. He's always been popular.

Sqiurel Girl is the only person who wasn't that popular who was given a solo.

Miles started with an ongoing solo series. His popularity stems from it because it was his main source of publication.

Hawkeye has always been popular, he's a mainstay Aveneger and even at that his second ongoing only came as result of his appearances in Thor and the Avengers.

Cyclops has waited over 50 years for his first ongoing and he's actualy a pretty popular character. it's the same situation with Storm.

Black Widow again got her fist ongoing after her appearnces in the MCU.

Moon Knight has had 5 solo series'. He's a very popuar charcter.

Gambit, again has had a solo series in the past.

Betty Ross, the long suffering wife of the Hulk, turned into a Hulk. Of course she was going to get a solo. It the same situation with her father.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Do you know if the new Ant Man series is cannon to the Marvel universe or is it just a tie for the movie?

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally gonna pick it up, along with Spider-Gwen.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Do you know if the new Ant Man series is cannon to the Marvel universe or is it just a tie for the movie?

It's canon.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@dondave: Ok thank you, because I was unsure if it was canon.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#50  Edited By Teerack

@granitesoldier said:

I'm going to sound like a hater here but I don't really care:

Take Silk away and bring Kaine Parker back.

Kaine > Cindy any day.

Based on the way New Warriors ended it really wouldn't shock me if they already have plans for Kaine and are just waiting till after Spider-Verse and Secret Wars have passed before starting it up.

And I'm pretty sure Yost is only on Amazing X-Men just for the one arch so it kind of supports the theory since he is one of their best writers and they don't have him on anything right now.

No Caption Provided