gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

They are the few against the many. They can’t ever win. They can’t afford to lose. This July, enter one of Battleworld’s most dangerous areas as blockbuster creators Kieron Gillen (Darth Vader, Young Avengers) and Felipe Andrade (Rocket Raccoon, Figment) along with special guest artist James Stokoe bring you SIEGE #1! Welcome to the Shield, the last line of defense against the hordes to the south of Battleworld. Zombie armies, Ultron robots primed for destruction, and the Annihilation Wave. The Shield is the only thing that keeps them out. To patrol the Shield is to know fear, for your end could come at any moment. To man the Shield is to put your trust in the men and women standing beside you at the edge of the world. And to trust in your leader, because if you patrol the Shield – you answer to Abigail Brand! Brand and her team – Lady Katherine Bishop, Leah of Hel, Leonardo Da Vinci, Miss America Chavez, the Endless Summers and Grimm must stand alone against unstoppable darkness. For if they fail, all is lost. The valiant last stand of the unsung heroes of Battleworld begins this July in SIEGE #1!

SIEGE #1 (MAY150675)

Written by KIERON GILLEN

Art by FELIPE ANDRADE & JAMES STOKOE

Cover by W. SCOTT FORBES

Variant Cover by ANDREW ROBINSON (MAY150676)

Ant-Sized Variant by BENGAL (MAY150677)

MAOS Variant by JOSHUA BUDICH (MAY150678)

FOC – 06/22/15, On-Sale – 07/15/15

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ms. America Chavez!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent Abigail Brand!

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nice to see America Chavez...And the art is pretty cool.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! Ms. America Chavez from Kingdom of Arcadia and Lady Kate Bishop from King's James England? *_*

Ms. American was send to The Shield in "A-Force". n. 1 and Lady Kate Bishop was send to The Shield in "Secret Wars Jurney" n.1. And now they are both here. It's a strange feel of continuity and interconnection that I dosen't expect from Secret Wars book, since Battleworld domain is strictly separated.

I'm really amused by that and now I'm really waiting for Siege!

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm usually not the biggest Kieron Gillan fan, but I'll probably check this out.

I love seeing Knowhere in the sky on that page too.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

This has Kang in it and I can't wait. The whole idea behind the Wall/Shield is really a cool one and like I said, Kang is in this.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremehyperion:

I think you mistook Endless Summers for Kang,or am I missing something?

BeholdtheVison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This art D:

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm usually not the biggest Kieron Gillan fan, but I'll probably check this out.

I love seeing Knowhere in the sky on that page too.

Yeah, bad moon rising indeed. I don't think I've ever seen more foreboding moon in any fiction.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: You're missing something. Gillen has said in interviews that Kang will be in this book.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

A seige story without Sentry in it.

No0p0o0p0p0o0o0.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Cannot stand the art work. Think it is ridiculous and misleading to call this title Siege with it having nothing to do with the original Siege event. A title called Siege would have been more relevant if it was about how the Sentry/Void was not defeated in battle and now was the ruler of Asgard and so a team has set out to reclaim Asgard and defeat him or something like that.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531:

Ok, thanks.

It's actually true that using the title of an event that has nothing to do with the new concept is misleading, but it's kinda intresting how people are nostalgic about it now since I've seen nothing but venom spewed towards this event to the point I don't remember a single positive post.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its more along the line of all the wall's defenders being constantly under "Siege" from the horrors over the wall. Instead of being based on the Siege storyline that most of us thought of when the title was first mentioned.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh* And here we have Kates single role in this storyline, Americas love interest. At least considering how much Gillen did with her the last time he wrote her.

With this being whatever characters Gillen wants we hopefully don't get another series of Gillen writing all characters except Loki in the blandest way possible and permanently writing Chavez as a Mary Sue character.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leonardo Da Vinci!!

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cannot stand the art work. Think it is ridiculous and misleading to call this title Siege with it having nothing to do with the original Siege event. A title called Siege would have been more relevant if it was about how the Sentry/Void was not defeated in battle and now was the ruler of Asgard and so a team has set out to reclaim Asgard and defeat him or something like that.

It's called SIEGE because they are constantly under siege by the greatest forces of evil of Battleworld.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

America Chavez is a great character. Marvel should definetly do more with her. I like Sam Wilson in the Cap role. But I think.America Chavez could do it better, even better than current Mrs. Marvel.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

America Chavez is a great character. Marvel should definetly do more with her. I like Sam Wilson in the Cap role. But I think.America Chavez could do it better, even better than current Mrs. Marvel.

What about her is a great character the Latin stereotype, the lesbian stereotype or the Woder Woman-ripp-off part?

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@adamtrmm: No, Kang is a part of this series, he is one of the wall defenders.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's called SIEGE because they are constantly under siege by the greatest forces of evil of Battleworld.

I kind of like the concept of this book already... Doomed heroes fighting against almost impossible odds. Done right this can be a great epic tale and if done wrong... Flat and banal will be the kindest words describing it.

"Fools who want to live forever... Do you even know what horrors lie beyond those walls?"

"No..?"

"Well, then you go first."