gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This October, the devastating secrets of the Marvel Universe continue to spill out in the upcoming ORIGINAL SIN ANNUAL #1! Critically acclaimed writer Jason Latour and newcomer Enis Cisic expose the never before told history of Woodrow McCord – the enigmatic world protector who heroically gave his life to protect Earth during Original Sin.

Protecting the planet as the mysterious “man on the wall,” McCord answered to no man, shaping the course and history of the Marvel Universe in secret. Though he met his grim end, his legacy lives on through those who followed his path – Nick Fury and now Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier. Fighting battles too big for anyone on Earth, squaring off against aliens, gods and monsters. Not because he wanted to, but because no one else could.

“The job is getting out there rattling cages, getting in the heads of people who want to harm Earth” says Jason Latour in an interview with Marvel.com. “Stopping trouble before it starts, by any means necessary. In the eyes of a lot of these more belligerent alien races, the Earth was ripe for the picking. It was a silent, shadow war and for quite a while McCord was the only soldier we had.”

Witness the secret history of one of the Marvel Universe’s greatest architects, fighting a lonely, endless war. Protecting the human race in secret, did he lose his own humanity in the process? Be there when Latour & Cisic bring you the bombastic, untold sci-fi pulp story of Woodrow McCord, savior of the Marvel Universe in ORIGINAL SIN ANNUAL #1!

ORIGINAL SIN ANNUAL #1 (AUG140793)

Written by JASON LATOUR

Art by ENIS CISIC

Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO

Variant Covers by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA (JUN148183)

and CHRISTIAN WARD (JUN148237)

FOC – 09/15/14, On-Sale – 10/08/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want a poster of that pulp cover.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I thought Latour was an artist? Is he a good writer?

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I certainly hope they don't charge and arm and a leg for this like they do for some things. Avengers #34.1 was $3.99 according to their website, but Comixolgy charged me $4.99.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By ForeverMan

@dagmar_merrill said:

I thought Latour was an artist? Is he a good writer?

He did a really good job with the last few issues of the last Winter Soldier volume after Brubaker left IMO. I'm less of a fan of his current run on Wolverine and the X-Men, which I just dropped.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So thus this means from now on we will have an annual issue after the events. Wow cashgrab

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: Sadly, this sounds more interesting to me than the actual event did. Of course, I'm a sucker for pulp style heroes. heh

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now that Original Sin is behind us I'm asking my self what changes are gonna stick and which ones are just gonna flounder and be replaced. Bucky is the Man on the Wall now. Angela is an Asgardian. Deadpool and his daughter are together which could potentially lead to a fun family dynamic with Shiklah the monster step mom and cool robot secret agent aunt Preston. Silk is apparently going to have a large presence in the future of Peter Parker and Jessica Jones. All in all a lot of new stuff that I can see sticking around and becoming the accepted status quo for the characters.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes please

Astro_Zombie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Astro_Zombie78

@meatwadf: I second that. Francavilla's art is awesome.

kingmezidor7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Wait To Read Its A Must

captain_elburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got aground to reading it. I didn't have any expectations. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. A great read.