• 119 results
#101 Posted by Grey56 (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@Grey56: Listen, sir. You don't know me, so don't condescend on me, fool. Is it wrong for me to be intrigued by this new comic that Marvel puts out, no matter who's writing, or who calls himself NOVA?

I could not care less. Take that stuff elsewhere bro.

If that had been the case, my good sir - you wouldn't have bothered to get bothered and reply as such. You are correct though - I don't know you. However, in order to clarify the state of the matter; I don't have to know you in order to tell you why your opinion is lacking in appropriate material to be objective enough to comment about how substantively this book and its contents don't measure up to what they're predicated upon.

In answer to your rhetorical question - no it isn't 'wrong' by any legal or ethical standard for something shiny to pique your interest. I myself will pick up the first issue in the hope that it presents something of an homage to material which allowed for this to be sent to production by Marvel under the guise that it would turn a profit from folks who - you know - are like me and remember past 2 years ago in the industry. It doesn't exclude you from critique on an open forum. If you want to opine openly about bad subject material and then not have a ghost to question your authority - I suggest a mirror. Or elsewhere. Bra.

#102 Posted by Mucklefluga (2586 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Twentyfive said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Grey56 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga: right, so we'll just erase one of you'r long standing favourite characters and replace him with a random no-name character just for the LOLs, bet you wouldn't be bothered by that at all.

Johnny - Marry me, sir.

Rider had a meaningful death, it's time to pass on the baton. It's like Ultimate Spider-man. Pete died and he got replaced by a random no-name character that turned out to be awesome! Don't be so negative about it!

Amazing! This is why I love comics. While people were annoyed by the changes to Ultimate Spider-Man, and much of the Marvel NOW! stuff, it has brought me over the line, and now, I'm reading Marvel comics as well as DC, which brought me back into comics after a long drought of maybe nine years with the New 52.

They made some no-name like Miles, and actually developed him and his story into a fun, accessible comic. That is my joy with comics. Now, DC's editing...

It is my opinion that this is the best time to read comics.

I already explained why thats all false

Dude, his opinion can't be 'false'.

I'm not talking about his opinion, you might have not got what I meant but he did.

Please explain what you meant by that comment then.

#103 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Twentyfive said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Grey56 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga: right, so we'll just erase one of you'r long standing favourite characters and replace him with a random no-name character just for the LOLs, bet you wouldn't be bothered by that at all.

Johnny - Marry me, sir.

Rider had a meaningful death, it's time to pass on the baton. It's like Ultimate Spider-man. Pete died and he got replaced by a random no-name character that turned out to be awesome! Don't be so negative about it!

Amazing! This is why I love comics. While people were annoyed by the changes to Ultimate Spider-Man, and much of the Marvel NOW! stuff, it has brought me over the line, and now, I'm reading Marvel comics as well as DC, which brought me back into comics after a long drought of maybe nine years with the New 52.

They made some no-name like Miles, and actually developed him and his story into a fun, accessible comic. That is my joy with comics. Now, DC's editing...

I'm not talking about his opinion, you might have not got what I meant but he did.

Why? I wasn't even talking to you

#104 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grey56: I was bothered by the demeaning nature of your reply to me, which you could have kept to yourself.

#105 Posted by Grey56 (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

@Grey56: I was bothered by the demeaning nature of your reply to me, which you could have kept to yourself.

And I'm bothered at folks willing to take the cheapest alternative when there's so much more left to be desired. I apologize if it seems like I'm being coarse, for what that's worth.

#106 Posted by Mucklefluga (2586 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Twentyfive said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Grey56 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Johnny - Marry me, sir.

Man, why are you so aggresive and negative?! I mean seriously!?! What is up with you!

#107 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grey56:

It's worth a lot, man. I apologize too. So, practically you are telling me that Loeb is the Marvel equivalent to what I hate at DC. Writes bad stuff that sells, while other titles burn. True shame. Most of the editing done at DC since the new 52 began has annoyed me, and as a result, I feel like there's only 2 or 3 comics worth getting.

#108 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Twentyfive said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Grey56 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Johnny - Marry me, sir.

Man, why are you so aggresive and negative?! I mean seriously!?! What is up with you!

I'm not being aggressive?

#109 Edited by Grey56 (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: Loeb has certainly done some note-worthy things; Superman during the early part of the last decade, the limited series sets done with Sale. My problem with the fact that they are doing the Nova book isn't a problem with Nova in general - but more to the tune of what @Jonny_Anonymous: said when he was remarking over his frustration at how Richard Rider's death was handled at the end of the Thanos Imperative. If some of that can be reconciled - or even acknowledged - I know I'd be more supportive.

#110 Posted by Mucklefluga (2586 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Twentyfive said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Grey56 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Johnny - Marry me, sir.

It's just the way you replied.

#111 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33882 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Twentyfive said:

@Mucklefluga said:

@Grey56 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Johnny - Marry me, sir.

It's just the way you replied.

How do you mean? sorry

#112 Edited by secondfallen616 (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Richard Rider deserved to die, he was played out. They ret-conned him more than twice before he was even back in the Marvel Universe. Best and most heroic thing he even did was to sacrifice himself. Respect the character for that and move on, the arguing about bringing him back is the root of all the bitching about continuity holes that the same people on here go on and on and on about. Let him stay dead and be revered for what he gave to the universe, but the Nova mantle has to live on with someone new. My complaint is that they pick a character thats already in a Marvel based cartoon, kind of lazy imo, plus having it be a kid, sorry but that just takes it down a level for a non-kid like myself.

Leob's work is spotty, we all know it, and McGuiness' work is appealing but not nuanced enough for some people, it always looks like Byrne and Mcfarlane had a baby and he's drawing Nova now to me anyways. I'm interested in this but not overly excited. It's a 50/50 shot, probably going to buy the first issue just to have it.

#113 Posted by kilon (123 posts) - - Show Bio

bring back richard rider.

#114 Posted by Cancer the Conqueror (78 posts) - - Show Bio

So Sam Alexander's Dad was in the Corps beforehand? I thought Rich was the only human Nova, or have I not been following the past few years? I understand the defense that Rich died a martyr's death and should be a respected moment...what I don't like is the foe he took down with him, Thanos, is back in action and fighting the Avengers. So what, is it just another hero's death in vain?

#115 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the idea of Sam being Nova. I don't care what anyone says. Richard Rider had his run, as a very good Nova, at that. It's time to pass down the mantle. I've been following the USM cartoon series with Sam in it, and he plays him well. Give the kid a chance.

#116 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1107 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a huge Rich Rider fan, I grew up with him, from "A Man Called Nova" to "New Warriors" and his rise in the epic space adventures of recent years

It is a shame he had to be rewritten out, It just seemed like such a waste especially after they built up his status in the MU. Bad enough they killed him off, but to REPLACE him really annoys me. And the way they just kind of dumped him in the mix didn't help me like him anymore either

SO with that being said, I will be checking out this new book, I will treat it like a Green Lantern book and see where it goes

#117 Posted by ammy496 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

like Walter implied I cant believe that someone can make $5611 in 4 weeks on the computer. did you read this web site jump15.com (Click on menu "Home" for more information)

#118 Posted by SUNMAN (7251 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks ok. Kind of gives off a Jaime Reyes and Green Lantern Corps vibe

#119 Edited by comicon1234 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I did just being sarcastic