gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This May, Nightcrawler’s loved ones have been targeted – and it’s up to him to put an end to it in NIGHTCRAWLER #2, the next exciting chapter from legendary writer Chris Claremont and fan-favorite artist Todd Nauck! Someone is hunting down those close to Kurt Wagner, and he’s determined to find out who. The journey will take the newly-resurrected Nightcrawler across the globe to save his nearest and dearest from suffering the same tragic fate he only recently escaped.

Classic X-Men characters meet new and deadly threats when the exciting NIGHTCRAWLER #2 teleports its way into comic shops this May!

NIGHTCRAWLER #2 (MAR140643)

Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT

Art by TODD NAUCK

Cover by JAMIE MCKELVIE

Variant Cover by TIM SALE (MAR140668)

FOC 04/21/14, ON-SALE 05/14/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

This looks awesome. Can't wait :D

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

Nightcrawler should have gotten a costume redesign after coming back from the dead and getting a book in Marvel Now.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have a feeling this is going to become my favorite Marvel book.

And that cover art is now my new wallpaper.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Art is fantastic. Stay on this book forever Todd Nauck!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

looks better than #1

Ando123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the #1 I'm gonna keep reading this series

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kid Apollo

witness the triumphant return of Amanda Seftoooooooh wait no one cares

@dernman said:

Nightcrawler should have gotten a costume redesign after coming back from the dead and getting a book in Marvel Now.

couldnt agree more

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I usually like Tim Sale a lot but that variant is really ugly. Wolverine looks terrible.

fallbrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fallbrigade

@syncig said:

I usually like Tim Sale a lot but that variant is really ugly. Wolverine looks terrible.

Totally. I usually enjoy his work, but the last few things I've seen by him just look bad to me. Would rather have the regular cover anyways for this, it's kinda great haha.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@dernman said:

What would the point in that be? The whole idea is that he is the same old Nightcrawler, back in a world that has hanged a great deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the first issue more than I expected. Here's hoping it stays good.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WarDishy_

That variant... wow. Just... wow.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@dernman said:

What would the point in that be? The whole idea is that he is the same old Nightcrawler, back in a world that has hanged a great deal.

A superficial change of costume isn't going to change the character. Though if we're honest he really isn't. He's died and given up his soul and might be forever banned from "heaven". The being the same is just an act and changes he's kept hidden. Plus I'd like for him to find something more aesthetically pleasing. He's needed an update for a long time now and this is the perfect time considering all he's been through.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

looks better than #1

it does look better than the 1st issue, but it has the same problem for me. I'll admit, I'm not a fan of Todd Nauck's surface style to begin with, but it's at least serviceable, I guess. My main issue is with how little is going on in so much space.

The above preview is obviously of 5 pages from the book. That's 5 pages of the story. I thought getting Claremont to write this book would mean we'd get a hearty, satisfying read -you know, like the stories that made Nightcrawler great in the first place. The 1st issue barely felt like a full issue, and it certainly didn't feel like a Claremont story; if anything, it felt like a watered down homage to his own former glory.

Not that he wasn't hitting the appropriate story beats, considering, but it just all felt so fluffy and fillery. This preview, even forgiving the splash title page, looks like 3 pages of story at most, stretched thinly over 5. It's entirely possible that if the story was drawn by an artist who's work actually interested me, I could forgive that; but coming from Claremont it just looks lazy and kind of like a rip off.

@dernman said:

@waezi2 said:

@dernman said:

A superficial change of costume isn't going to change the character. Though if we're honest he really isn't. He's died and given up his soul and might be forever banned from "heaven". (him) being the same is just an act and changes he's kept hidden. Plus I'd like for him to find something more aesthetically pleasing. He's needed an update for a long time now and this is the perfect time considering all he's been through.

I totally agree with this sentiment, he's obviously come back changed, and he's obviously hiding it. But giving him a new costume wouldn't really be hiding it, would it? So it wouldn't really make sense.

As far as an update, I don't think Nightcrawler even needs a costume, really; he's distinct and expressive enough you could have him wear anything. But if he is going to wear one, I've yet to see any update of his costume that's as perfect as his original.

Actually, virtually every update he's ever had I've hated, so I don't really see the point, I guess..

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dernman

@oldnightcrawler:

I totally agree with this sentiment, he's obviously come back changed, and he's obviously hiding it. But giving him a new costume wouldn't really be hiding it, would it? So it wouldn't really make sense.

I don't see how it doesn't. How is changing a costume have any bearing on the character other than the superficial the visual? He would still act the same. People in his life wouldn't think differently of him because he's wearing new cloths.

As far as an update, I don't think Nightcrawler even needs a costume, really; he's distinct and expressive enough you could have him wear anything.

Sorry but that first half makes no sense. If it wasn't for the second half I would think you were suggesting he go naked. The second half well if he can wear anything why not change it. I doesn't make sense for characters to go through their time with the same costume in either story or out of story. Hell even Superman out of story is sporting something new.

But if he is going to wear one, I've yet to see any update of his costume that's as perfect as his original.

You've yet to see one because they haven't really spent much effort in changing it beyond alt reality, future, warped reality or team generated. For me it's old, tired not that I had much love for it in the first place. Most of the X-Men's looks have evolved or changed over the years. It's about time Nightcrawler does also.

Actually, virtually every update he's ever had I've hated, so I don't really see the point, I guess..

So the next one could be really good. Though I don't remember them taking a serious stab at retooling his look for 616 Nightcrawler for keep.

And if he changed it would stop reminding me of this with added shoulder fins.

Just a quick search and I found a design I think is better minus the X on his chest.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/150/b/f/nightcrawler_by_moekeykey-d51niow.jpg

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I agree. But I feel like he had a different costume prior to his death? Or was it just the art that made it look different...I don't remember...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dernman

@arturocalakayvee said:

@dernman said:

I agree. But I feel like he had a different costume prior to his death? Or was it just the art that made it look different...I don't remember...

You're right. I stand corrected from my comment to @oldnightcrawler .That one is better. Strange I didn't remember that.

Something like this would have been good. Make the shoulder less padded and take the x out of the shoulder and it would have been a good update if you wanted something similar. You could have also gone radical change.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@dernman:

"I don't see how it doesn't. How is changing a costume have any bearing on the character other than the superficial the visual? He would still act the same. People in his life wouldn't think differently of him because he's wearing new cloths.

I just meant that if he were making an effort to re-establish himself among his old friends without causing them any concern, it would make sense that he would wear his most recognized outfit, that's all. Not that wearing something else would be cause for concern in itself.

"Sorry but that first half makes no sense. If it wasn't for the second half I would think you were suggesting he go naked. The second half well if he can wear anything why not change it. I doesn't make sense for characters to go through their time with the same costume in either story or out of story. Hell even Superman out of story is sporting something new."

I should have known that would happen.. I meant that he didn't need a superhero costume, not that he didn't need clothes. it's not like he has a secret identity. And he has had other costumes, just none as good as his iconic original one. I'm not saying I would be opposed to a change, only that I don't see it as necessary.

"So the next one could be really good. Though I don't remember them taking a serious stab at retooling his look for 616 Nightcrawler for keep."

these are some of his other 616 costumes, but his alt-reality versions have fared no better..

this one actually made him look naked..
this one actually made him look naked..
this one just lacks personality altogether..
this one just lacks personality altogether..
watered down attempt to simplify all the best elements out...
watered down attempt to simplify all the best elements out...
again, just misses the point
again, just misses the point

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kidchipotle

@dernman: That's a nice suit. I'd probably much prefer any of these over the current one...it's so dated..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dernman

@oldnightcrawler said:

@dernman:

I just meant that if he were making an effort to re-establish himself among his old friends without causing them any concern, it would make sense that he would wear his most recognized outfit, that's all. Not that wearing something else would be cause for concern in itself.

You're putting way too much emphasis on clothes unless it's something that makes him sinister or I don't see it making a difference. Also they know what he's been through. I figure a change would be expected in their eyes. Though for argument sake that it did matter I would say using the costume he had last would go more to reestablishing him.

I should have known that would happen.. I meant that he didn't need a superhero costume, not that he didn't need clothes. it's not like he has a secret identity. And he has had other costumes, just none as good as his iconic original one. I'm not saying I would be opposed to a change, only that I don't see it as necessary.

That's where we disagree. I think it's necessary because it's dated and tired. Change can be good. Like many of the X-Men. Who had iconic looks but updated. You also don't have to got far in a change you could just use some alterations.

"So the next one could be really good. Though I don't remember them taking a serious stab at retooling his look for 616 Nightcrawler for keep."

these are some of his other 616 costumes, but his alt-reality versions have fared no better..

I don't like it
I don't like it
I could be wrong but this was only team related
I could be wrong but this was only team related
I see a slightly better version to eliminate the worst elements out.
I see a slightly better version to eliminate the worst elements out.
Though not in favor of the costume missing (it doesn't suit feel right for an agile character like him) missing the point isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're talking about similar look
Though not in favor of the costume missing (it doesn't suit feel right for an agile character like him) missing the point isn't necessarily a bad thing if you're talking about similar look

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: well in a sense he did, he had a different costume when he died in Uncanny X-Men.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Nightcrawler's costume doesn't need any change! It's still nice (and much much better than any of the above)!