gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

This June, the Sorcerer Supreme faces his greatest challenge yet in NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #1 – from rising-star writer Frank J. Barbiere (Five Ghosts, The White Suits) and acclaimed artist Marco Rudy (Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, Swamp Thing)! Spinning directly out of the pages of New Avengers comes an all-new tale of the Sorcerer Supreme full of suspense, intrigue and horror.

The Incursions are not the only horrors threatening to end the world as we know it. There are darker, more ancient forces at work. Forces more powerful than Stephen Strange could possibly imagine. Now, stretched beyond his limits, Doctor Strange and an enclave of techno-monks high in the Himalayas must stand against the coming darkness. Though even together they may not be enough – and a bid for more power could cost Doctor Strange everything. No fan can afford to miss a Doctor Strange tale for the ages when the oversized NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #1 hits comic shops and digital devices this June!

NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #1 (APR140660)

Written by FRANK J. BARBIERE

Art & Cover by MARCO RUDY

FOC – 06/02/2014, On-Sale – 6/25/2014

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rudy's art is really unusual but I dig it, especially for an occult book.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Marco Rudy is a great fit for a Dr. Strange story. I liked Barbiere's first arc of Five Ghosts. He's definitely a capable writer. I'll probably end up buying this.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

So many character lost their souls in 2013-2014.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was Big Boss from the thumbnail.

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh man this looks great. We finally get to see the payoff of what Hickman set in motion earlier in New Avengers.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By nappystr8

Interesting art. I'm not really sure what I think about the art yet, but I am definitely open to see how this style will change the dynamics of the book. And if it is a Dr. Strange story, then I can see why they would choose this style.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good lord, that art is phenomenal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

So tell me again why we don't have a Dr. Strange title? Or more specifically a Dr. Strange title with Marco Rudy on it?

imredjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks gorgeous. More Dr.Strange is always a good thing for me, I still find it odd how he doesn't have his own solo book.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope that Doctor Strange is one of those series set to spin out of Original Sin.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good lord, that art is phenomenal.

So tell me again why we don't have a Dr. Strange title? Or more specifically a Dr. Strange title with Marco Rudy on it?

This looks gorgeous. More Dr.Strange is always a good thing for me, I still find it odd how he doesn't have his own solo book.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@maddpanda531: I'm wondering if this annual might be a backdoor pilot to a future ongoing series? It's all speculation and wishful thinking on my part, but it would be a good way to test the waters.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531: I'm wondering if this annual might be a backdoor pilot to a future ongoing series? It's all speculation and wishful thinking on my part, but it would be a good way to test the waters.

Ooooh, I hadn't thought about that. That would be a really cool way to start it off, like that issue of Uncanny X-Men that lead into the Magneto solo.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art is amazing! Give us a solo Dr. Strange comic.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not familiar with this artist but I love discovering new talent (new to me, I mean). I haven't really paid too much attention to Doctor Strange but if a book was to come out of this original sin event, I can see myself picking it up. Especially if this artist Rudy stays on board.

Roninreviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wish this was the creative team for a Dr. Strange ongoing. Make it happen Marvel!