• 92 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by G-Man (30656 posts) - - Show Bio

With the last issue of AVENGERS VS X-MEN, the tables appear to have turned. Next week we'll see the sixth issue with several members of the X-Men now empowered with a portion of the Phoenix Force. You can imagine things won't be easy for the Avengers now. We've also seen that "No More Avengers" teaser before.

Marvel has released a first look at NEW AVENGERS #28. Looks like it's time for a prison break!

Marvel is proud to present your first look at New Avengers #28, an epic tie in to Avengers VS. X-Men from the blockbuster creative team of Brian Michael Bendis and Mike Deodato! With the Phoenix Five pursuing and imprisoning Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, it’s up to the New Avengers to stage a prison break! But can Luke Cage, Hawkeye, and Spider-Woman escape from the heart of X-Men territory? It’s non-stop action in New Avengers #28, coming to comic shops everywhere, the Marvel Comics app and the Marvel Digital Comics Shop this July.

NEW AVENGERS #28 (MAY120651)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Pencils & Cover by MICHAEL DEODATO

FOC – 6/18/2012, On Sale – 7/11/2012

== TEASER ==
Staff
#1 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like the x-men were as douchy/crazy world view/villainous as they appeared.

#2 Edited by Dernman (14758 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe the X-Men win and they end up breaking down and imploding.

#3 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Avengers vs. X-Men to end quicklier,so we could see finally Bendis off the Acengers' books.

#4 Posted by Dernman (14758 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997 said:

I want Avengers vs. X-Men to end quicklier,so we could see finally Bendis off the Acengers' books.

oh boy I can't wait for that.
#5 Posted by mattwing87 (426 posts) - - Show Bio

"But can Luke Cage, Hawkeye, and Spider-Woman escape from the heart of X-Men territory?"

Most random team up ever lol. I love team ups though no matter how awesome or awkward it is!

#6 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I want Avengers vs. X-Men to end quicklier,so we could see finally Bendis off the Acengers' books.

oh boy I can't wait for that.

Amen.

#7 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh* @TheAnnihilator said:

@Dernman said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I want Avengers vs. X-Men to end quicklier,so we could see finally Bendis off the Acengers' books.

oh boy I can't wait for that.

Amen.

i just want it to end so Uncanny X-men can get back to the original story and more Mr. Sinister action!

#8 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Bet it's the helcarrier there imprisoned in.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

sigh* @TheAnnihilator said:

@Dernman said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I want Avengers vs. X-Men to end quicklier,so we could see finally Bendis off the Acengers' books.

oh boy I can't wait for that.

Amen.

i just want it to end so Uncanny X-men can get back to the original story and more Mr. Sinister action!

I actually really like the Uncanny X-Men AvX tie-ins.

#10 Posted by Dernman (14758 posts) - - Show Bio
@zackattack529 said:

sigh* @TheAnnihilator said:

@Dernman said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I want Avengers vs. X-Men to end quicklier,so we could see finally Bendis off the Acengers' books.

oh boy I can't wait for that.

Amen.

i just want it to end so Uncanny X-men can get back to the original story and more Mr. Sinister action!

Good Luck with Bendis taking over ans sending them into space along side the GotG.
#11 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

What ?

O_O X-prison ?

#12 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6180 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to know what the 'F' those bars are made out of that these Avengers can't break through them.

I'm guessing their 'powers' are somehow nullified?

Sigh.

#13 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@zackattack529 said:

sigh* @TheAnnihilator said:

@Dernman said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I want Avengers vs. X-Men to end quicklier,so we could see finally Bendis off the Acengers' books.

oh boy I can't wait for that.

Amen.

i just want it to end so Uncanny X-men can get back to the original story and more Mr. Sinister action!

Good Luck with Bendis taking over ans sending them into space along side the GotG.

Nah, no way that rumor is true. The one from Bleeding Cool?

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@zackattack529 said:

sigh* @TheAnnihilator said:

@Dernman said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I want Avengers vs. X-Men to end quicklier,so we could see finally Bendis off the Acengers' books.

oh boy I can't wait for that.

Amen.

i just want it to end so Uncanny X-men can get back to the original story and more Mr. Sinister action!

Good Luck with Bendis taking over ans sending them into space along side the GotG.

I don't think that Bendis will be the next Uncanny X-Men writer.I don't think Marvel is that stupid.

#15 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattwing87 said:

"But can Luke Cage, Hawkeye, and Spider-Woman escape from the heart of X-Men territory?"

Most random team up ever lol. I love team ups though no matter how awesome or awkward it is!

Agreed. I love random team-ups, like Static and Hawkman.

#16 Posted by Dernman (14758 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheAnnihilator: Ya They are pretty good track record recently for that type of thing. 
 
@TDK_1997: Don't bet on it. They love him at Marvel.
#17 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: I'm not buying it.

#18 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: That's Marvel,they loved Fear Itself too.

#19 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, can we have an issue where the X-Men DON'T look like villains?

...besides Avengers Academy.

#20 Posted by The Stegman (23158 posts) - - Show Bio

God those mutants are douches

#21 Posted by Master_Thief (720 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by jwalser3 (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Avengers win this, mutants seem like jerks.

#23 Posted by flame_x (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

looks like the x-men were as douchy/crazy world view/villainous as they appeared.

Um no if you notice in the preview of AvX issue 6 the avengers wont mind their own damn business as usual and try to attack the X-MENs Utopia, all they are doing is trying to restart their race and make a homeland but the Avengers keep being unnecessarily involved. So it serves them right to be locked up in the X-mens jail, because best believe if it were the other way around the Avengers would be knocking on the X-Mens door ready to lock them up just like when they went to the Jean Grey School where the X-Men were minding their own business. Theres a difference between imprisoning someone who isnt doing anything compared to imprisoning someone who has acted against you.

P.S. If the Phoenix Force gets out of control that's when the Avengers can intervene but until then they need to stay at home and mind their own damn business.

#24 Posted by flame_x (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cafeterialoca said:

Okay, can we have an issue where the X-Men DON'T look like villains?

...besides Avengers Academy.

EXACTLY, the X-Men have never been villains, even with the whole world basically against them they have remained level headed, I hope the X-Men come out on top, so that they can finally get the peace and respect that they deserve.

#25 Edited by DATNIGGA (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: @The Stegman:

how are they douches & jerks? at the very start of the war the Avengers beat them down, had there island confiscated by shield, put the younger x men in ''protective custody'' (jail)... the x men respond to this negatively & there there jerks? Really?

@flame_x said:

@KainScion said:

looks like the x-men were as douchy/crazy world view/villainous as they appeared.

Um no if you notice in the preview of AvX issue 6 the avengers wont mind their own damn business as usual and try to attack the X-MENs Utopia, all they are doing is trying to restart their race and make a homeland but the Avengers keep being unnecessarily involved. So it serves them right to be locked up in the X-mens jail, because best believe if it were the other way around the Avengers would be knocking on the X-Mens door ready to lock them up just like when they went to the Jean Grey School where the X-Men were minding their own business. Theres a difference between imprisoning someone who isnt doing anything compared to imprisoning someone who has acted against you.

P.S. If the Phoenix Force gets out of control that's when the Avengers can intervene but until then they need to stay at home and mind their own damn business.

This is exactly what i have been saying from day 1

#26 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio
@jwalser3 said:

I hope Avengers win this, mutants seem like jerks.

Foolish thing to say. X-Men were attacked by these same Avengers.
#27 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12569 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Prisons............I'm starting to really not like the x-men anymore

Online
#28 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@flame_x said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

Okay, can we have an issue where the X-Men DON'T look like villains?

...besides Avengers Academy.

EXACTLY, the X-Men have never been villains, even with the whole world basically against them they have remained level headed, I hope the X-Men come out on top, so that they can finally get the peace and respect that they deserve.

But they ARE on top now. They have no where to go but down now.

This whole event is to make people hate X-Men and build up the Avengers crowd. How do 200 people, on the verge of extinction, who had their own friends BLOWN UP on SCHOOL BUSSES because of prejudice alone end up being "THE VILLAINS" in this event, while the Avengers, who sit in their mansion and ivory tower, eating food almost all the time and save the world when its convient (Remember how they didn't stop the massacre at Genoshia?) be "THE UNDERDOG GOOD GUYS!"

How does this happen?! HOW?!

#29 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Avengers are being ungrateful, they're getting free housing and free food and they act like that? lol

#30 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

I want to know what the 'F' those bars are made out of that these Avengers can't break through them.

I'm guessing their 'powers' are somehow nullified?

Sigh.

Cage is the only one with super strength. Walk eye's just a guy with a bow.

#31 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

I want Avengers vs. X-Men to end quicklier,so we could see finally Bendis off the Acengers' books.

Before Bendis took over Avengers just about nobody cared about it. If not for his run, starting way back with "Disassembled" comic fans still wouldn't give a rats ass.

That's a fact. Weather you're a fan or not.

If not for Bendis Hollywood would not have made an Avengers movie which has gone on to break records.

#32 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5416 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men are being controlled by the Phoenix Force!

OK idk this since I only pick up bits and pieces, but you never know right??

#33 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

CLASSIFIED

#34 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

My predictions for the event itself.... P5 win and decide to leave the earth and create a planet for mutants only and the X books start focusing on galactic scale battles sort of what the inhumans did after the House Of M

#35 Posted by sparty-dbq (777 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell are they feeding them? Looks like a pork chop, an apple, a churro and three whole eggs.

#36 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4613 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is a attempt to win over the fans I gotta say even though the X-Men are Villains now

X-MEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AVENGERS

dont get me wrong though

Avengers are cool too but I'm a X-man 1st Avenger 2nd(if i was a hero on both teams)

They have always been the underdogs in my opinion and never been quitters. Avengers are like JLA(a fancy super hero club.)

(+)

#37 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet they are locked up on Genosha

#38 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is so gorgeous.

#39 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gylan Thomas said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

I want to know what the 'F' those bars are made out of that these Avengers can't break through them.

I'm guessing their 'powers' are somehow nullified?

Sigh.

Cage is the only one with super strength. Walk eye's just a guy with a bow.

Jessica has super strength as well. Heck, anyone with even one ton level strength could bend bars with relative ease.

Cage would sneeze hard and regular prison bars would shatter.

#40 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@flame_x: first off, have youve been reading the entire event?? from ISSUE 1?! second: the avengers didnt attack utopia they asked nicely to hand over hope to take her off planet or somewhere secure but cyclops went ape-shit third there is a difference between being reasonable/righteous and being a delusional idiot (the phoenix force rejuvenate the mutant population really? has it ever brought anything but destruction? and a little unexperienced, not even a telepath girl can control it? no she cant) fourth what did the phoenix five do right after gaining the PF? well we see cyke stopping a war in some country with no mutants or depowered mutants!!! doing whatever they please! so yeah the X-MEN (part of them) are douchy, dellusional, BAD GUYS!

#41 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting stuff. I can't speak for all I see since I've not read the event yet but, looks amazing.

#42 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that one of the Cuckoos O_o

Moderator
#43 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Gylan Thomas said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

I want to know what the 'F' those bars are made out of that these Avengers can't break through them.

I'm guessing their 'powers' are somehow nullified?

Sigh.

Cage is the only one with super strength. Walk eye's just a guy with a bow.

Jessica has super strength as well. Heck, anyone with even one ton level strength could bend bars with relative ease.

Cage would sneeze hard and regular prison bars would shatter.

I thought it was just Luke, Hawkeye and Spider-woman there. Is Jessica a prisoner too?

#44 Posted by LordRequiem (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Cage behind bars can only be a good thing. As if he would try and take on Warparth.

#45 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gylan Thomas said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Gylan Thomas said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

I want to know what the 'F' those bars are made out of that these Avengers can't break through them.

I'm guessing their 'powers' are somehow nullified?

Sigh.

Cage is the only one with super strength. Walk eye's just a guy with a bow.

Jessica has super strength as well. Heck, anyone with even one ton level strength could bend bars with relative ease.

Cage would sneeze hard and regular prison bars would shatter.

I thought it was just Luke, Hawkeye and Spider-woman there. Is Jessica a prisoner too?

Jessica Drew IS Spider-Woman. And Spider-Woman has superhuman strength. She's roughly a 7 tonner and could bend bars as though they were paper.

Like I said, if Luke Cage and / or Spider-Woman are behind bars, then their powers must have been annulled or the bars are made from secondary adamantium or some such thing.

#46 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6180 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem said:

Cage behind bars can only be a good thing. As if he would try and take on Warparth.

Warpath is a "B" level character at best. I don't see why he's out of Cage's depths. Rogers kicked the crap out of him in AvX recently ta boot ...

#47 Posted by jwalser3 (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonTempest:Eh, I just understand the Avengers view a little better.

#48 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... I'm sure that's all there doing, along with stating no more war and such. (Simply put policing the world) Though with good intentions.... there are always two sides to every coin and 2 sides to a story. I'm for the X-men like everyone else who's an X-men fan, but i've been saying this since after the end of Act 1 it's gonna go good then go down and the X-men I believe are gonna lose big. There biding into the whole "hated and fear" and now giving the world more reason to do so. Name a time the Avengers decided to say "hey you know what let's hunt the X-men and imprison them and disgrace them as heroes" I can't. Ok so the Avengers didn't rush to the X-men aid in the bus explosion incident what were doing again... ah yes avoiding Maria Hill and joining cap at least some of them were. Where were the X-men when wanda went crazy during "Avengers Disassembled' SW is a mutant after all... and where were the X-men during the Seige??? My point being is neither side is perfect so stop trying to out weigh the other with "he didn't help for this or she didn't do that" crap. BTW No avengers wouldn't lock up the X-men simply put cause it's out of their character.

#49 Posted by DATNIGGA (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: Captain America was never asking NICELY it wasnt ether or it was its going to happen wither you like it or not.. either you give us hope or we beat you down & take her by force cyclops saw he brought the Helacarrier he already knew what the play was.. thats why cyclops blasted him the result? they beat the x men down, invade there home, then gets there home confiscated by shield...

it doesnt take a genius to see the AVENGERS are the reason this war is the way it is now.. the funny thing is this doesn't concern them in the least considering the fact that this is an X MEN problem the avengers haven't stuck there necks out for the x men & now RANDOMLY they want to concern themselves in there affairs treating them like children acting as if they cannot handle a situation of this magnitude by themselves even though they have done so in the past... ALSO the PP Is one of the original powers in the universe it symbolizes rebirth.. you notice if you read the prequel to avx after the phoenix stomped terax & destroyed the planet started to grow into something new... this force could very well resurrect the mutants from the brink of extinction if used properly

to blindly call the x men douche delusional badguys just shows your only interpreting the the past events of Avx the way you want too & not for what they truly are as usual the x men are the victims.. they rightfully retaliate with full force & now there looked upon as villains.. smh

#50 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the million problems I have with this is that basically once everything has returned to the status quo, the Avengers are never going to trust ANY of the X-Men ever again. The X-Men are basically terrorists nowadays. They haven't done anything that fits my idea of 'hero'. It's one thing for them to protect the mutant race, but everything's gone stupid with these guys.