gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

The series that changed comics forever finally returns in 2014, and Marvel is proud to present your first look at the remastered MIRACLEMAN #1! Long out-of-print, these timeless, groundbreaking stories injected a new sophistication into the super hero genre still felt today.

“When these stories were originally colored, the artists were never consulted – and it shows” said Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “The coloring methods used at the time really hurt the finished product. But through close collaboration with all the artists, we’re proud to now present these stories in a manner that matches their creative vision.”

Working in closely with the original series artists, MIRACLEMAN has been remastered using the original artwork in every instance possible – and the most advanced restoration methods available applied to ensure the most authentic reading experience based on the artists’ original visions for the series.

“You’ve never really seen Miracleman, until you’ve seen this Miracleman,” said legendary Miracleman artist Garry Leach.“I’m positive this will rapidly be recognized as the all-time, definitive, Miracleman series. It’s simply looking that ridiculously sharp!”

In addition to material originally published in Warrior Magazine, MIRACLEMAN #1 also includes character designs, pencil sketches, original art, an article chronicling the history of Marvelman/Miracleman, an interview with Miracleman creator Mick Anglo, as well as a Mick Anglo’s first Marvelman stories. Don’t miss your opportunity to experience the most popular comic few have ever read when MIRACLEMAN #1 makes it’s long overdue return to comic shops this January!

MIRACLEMAN #1 (NOV130622)

Written by THE ORIGINAL WRITER & MICK ANGLO

Art by GARRY LEACH & MICK ANGLO

Cover by JOE QUESADA

Variant Covers by MARK BUCKINGHAM, JOHN CASSADAY, SKOTTIE YOUNG,

GARRY LEACH, JEROME OPENA, LEINIL YU, & JOE QUESADA Also Available!

FOC 12/16/13, ON-SALE 01/15/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Sweet.

BB

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

F*ck yeah. It's about time.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Can't wait until it's all collected into trade.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm super confused, I thought they were allowed to call him MarvelMan again, being that Marvel won't sue themselves, and does "written by: THE ORIGINAL WRITER" mean that this is the Alan Moore stuff?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see that it isn't colored by a five year old.

SoftMachineOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SoftMachineOo

I'm super confused, I thought they were allowed to call him MarvelMan again, being that Marvel won't sue themselves, and does "written by: THE ORIGINAL WRITER" mean that this is the Alan Moore stuff?

Yes is the Alan Moore stuff, but he didn´t want his name attach to the project.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I've read several of these early issues. The coloring was totally different. Can't say if this is better or not until I actually have a copy in hand. So glad this stuff is finally being reprinted.

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My all time favorite comic book , okey coloring is different but I still can't choose which version is superior , I should check whole issue.

Michael_Moran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always been a fan...mixed emotions for this.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hawkguy

Looking back, this hasn't aged too well. Maybe it's my growing hate for Alan Moore and his ever growing ego but I've just stopped enjoying his works.

Except Swamp thing. I'll always love Swamp thing...

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Mucklefluga

"The Original Writer" is bloody brilliant. Makes me laugh.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looking forward to this. Looks awesome.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#16  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

That's some quality remastering.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

It's cool of Marvel to make this available to a whole new generation, especially considering how difficult it is to find the original run. That said, as someone who bought that run when it was new, I can't see myself buying this just for color enhancements.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never read Marvel/MiracleMan before nor have I ever seen the original prints for them but since it's so acclaimed by so many viners…I'll give this series a try.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

it looks great. I have lost mine years ago, so I will be picking this up

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They probably could call him MarvelMan, but most of the series was originally published under MiracleMan, so I can see why they wouldn't bother.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wonder what the reason is behind the "alan smithee" treatment...

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wonder what the reason is behind the "alan smithee" treatment...

Alan Moore doesn't want to have anything to do with Marvel or DC: it's his choice to remove his name.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#24  Edited By Teerack

Most of the audience for this book is dead or no longer into comics(most likely), it won't get renewed for a second year.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy: Same here, man. I see Moore exactly the same way. Such a shame though... he was great in the 80s. I will forever love Swamp Thing, Watchmen and Killing Joke, but he himself is a joke today.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Glad this classic will be more widely available.

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! I can't wait to check this out. Always cool to read the classics.

Tommy_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they could call him Marvelman but Joey Q said in some interview that they chose to use Miracleman name instead for whatever reasons, he didn't say

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By ForeverMan

I'm so stoked for this, only because the original run is criminally under-printed and impossible to find. I still have only tracked down a half dozen physical issues to go along with the complete electronic copy I have.

One of the best comic runs ever. Doing this plus having Neil Gaiman finish his run, makes this whole saga worth the wait.

I'm sure they chose to keep "Miracleman" because that's the name most N Americans recognize him as, and there are surely already enough "Marvel"s running around the Marvel U.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

Looking back, this hasn't aged too well. Maybe it's my growing hate for Alan Moore and his ever growing ego but I've just stopped enjoying his works.

There's just one or two pages from Moore's run. Some of the parts are dated and the same themes have been explored by lesser writers, but it's still better than the majority of comic books coming out now.

@teerack said:

Most of the audience for this book is dead or no longer into comics(most likely), it won't get renewed for a second year.

Most of the audience are fans of Alan Moore and Marvel will finally have an evergreen property of their own.

BB

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

About time.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

There's just one or two pages from Moore's run. Some of the parts are dated and the same themes have been explored by lesser writers, but it's still better than the majority of comic books coming out now.

@teerack said:

Most of the audience are fans of Alan Moore and Marvel will finally have an evergreen property of their own.

BB

Is Alan Moore happy about this? I can't imagine he would be considering his past reactions to things.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hawkguy

@teerack said:

@billy_batson said:

@hawkguy said:

@teerack said:

BB

Is Alan Moore happy about this? I can't imagine he would be considering his past reactions to things.

Alan Moore is never happy my friend.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kerrigan said:

@laserlambert said:

They probably could call him MarvelMan, but most of the series was originally published under MiracleMan, so I can see why they wouldn't bother.

I guess, still it seems like this should be a definitive release, yet with this it feels like an edited/censored version, if you know what I mean, but whatever.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkguy said:

@teerack said:

@billy_batson said:

@hawkguy said:

@teerack said:

BB

Alan Moore is never happy my friend.

I wouldn't be happy either if I was a great writer and companies kept taking my name and works and using them to made profit while exploiting and inserting unneeded rubbish into the original works.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

As long as they don't use his name for promotional uses and Mick Anglo's family gets Moore's royalties, he shouldn't have a problem.

BB

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

As long as they don't use his name for promotional uses and Mick Anglo's family gets Moore's royalties, he shouldn't have a problem.

BB

I know the new Watchmen books were good but he hated that they made them because he said "Watchmen was a completed series." I could see him feeling the same way about this. In a world where they are working Star Wars Episode 7 people just don't seem to respect endings.