Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I've never cared about Karnak, but this is my second most anticipated series coming out of All-New Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@child_of_the_past: Of course not.

I never claimed that these books are terrible(how would I know?). I only ever meant that they look/sound terrible based on the many previews/interviews/articles etc.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Dig the art, but I wonder how long the series will last.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Not very long. The previous inhuman comic struggled to sell above 25k. There's no market for these books.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This costume is better than the previous one he wore.

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: The first thing you posted in this article was "this is the only decent inhuman book" how can you make a statement like that and think it doesn't mean the other books will be bad. Your logic makes no sense. Your statements give no indication that the books "look" terrible. You are clearly framing your statements as facts which leads the uniformed to believe what you are saying is true.

Also, 25k in sales definitely shows there is a market for these books, image and valiant books sell considerably less than that and I doubt you would be able to argue that those books don't have markets. Inhuman sold better than Captain Marvel and a bunch of the tertiary X-books as well. Why do you keep trying to act like the Inhumans have no fans lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past: Actually, I said "this is the only decent LOOKING inhuman book". I'm sorry if you can't comprehend that.

Pfft, Inhuman was barely floating above cancellation numbers. Even Magneto was consistently outselling it, yet Marvel adds another team book and a solo? Huh, makes sense.....

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: If that's the case, I apologize in for misrepresenting you in that post.

To your second point, Magneto only sold 22,072 in April lol. In the same month Inhuman sold 26,164 an Uncanny Inhumans #0 sold 67,017, better than all the X-Men sold in the same month. Clearly people are interested in these characters. No one is arguing they are as popular as the X-Men but there is clearly a market for these characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past:

You're really going to cherry pick one month? Take another look...

http://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-month-to-month-sales-january-2015-what-is-the-secret-of-these-wars/

67k on a 0 issue with Soule/McNiven? Not impressive.

Yes, there's a market, but nothing that's justified the push they're getting. Of course Marvel is free to do what they want with their properties.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Dude seriously you just said "There's no market for these books". I show you evidence that contradicts that statement and now you say there is a market. This has been my point this entire time. You told someone who may have been legitimately interested in these books that there wasn't a market for it. Either you were lying then or you were misrepresenting the facts. You've made posts like this in the past were you will tell people certain things about these books that aren't based on fact but your opinion, yet you present them as fact. Thank you for finally giving me hard proof of that. Can you now see why I have a problem with some of your posts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: You don't see a problem with spreading false, or at the very least biased, information to those who are uniformed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past:

The market isn't strong enough to support the upcoming crop of comics. = "There's no market for these books."

Unless you want to argue semantics, I haven't spread false information.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: I'm not arguing semantics. Saying "there is no market for these books" when you know that that isn't completely true, is spreading false information. Telling people that Beast is only in Uncanny Inhumans because "Marvel wants X-Men fans to read it" is spreading biased information. For the latter, how would putting Beast in the book make X-Men fans read Uncanny Inhumans. I've read numerous forums, both before and after the announcement where X-Men fans openly discuss their hatred for the character over the past few years. Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to put another member,possibly someone more popular, in the book. Marvel knows people don't really care for Beast, they at least know that other characters have larger fan-bases, so not get someone else.

My main point being false/biased information misleads the uniformed. Your statements are framed in a problematic fashion. For the last time I don't care if you like the Inhumans or not but telling people, who are interested in something, misleading information is irresponsible to say the least. If you told people that there was no market for Fantastic Four books because of the poor sales of the last run and how poorly received the recent movie was many FF fans including myself would tell you that you were wrong and that you were disregarding numerous factors that contributed to those results. Telling people that information like that might limit potential interest some might have in the franchise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: You can't even admit that you might be spreading misleading information. SMH. Other people have told you about this in other articles.

@sprior93 said:

@child_of_the_past:

The market isn't strong enough to support the upcoming crop of comics. = "There's no market for these books."

The question asked related to Karnak. The book you are referring to, Inhuman, a book which lasted over a year, has different characters, different themes and a different plot. The more comparable book would have Ms. Marvel or some other solo with a similar theme, like Moon Knight. Ms. Marvel success shows that there is definitely an interest, one that you yourself seem to share so I'm even more baffled by your comments. I never would have thought Magneto or Captain Marvel, two popular characters, would have low sales. but they do. Both series still managed to get solos for at least a year. That's the truth.

I'm off to bed now. Sweet dreams dude.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is Karnak?

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I thought his head was bigger than that...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll pass. Panther whooped his ass too many times for me to care about him. LOL.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_past: How well do you think this book will sell? Karnak isn't really that popular, in spite of who's writing the book.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I feel it will sell pretty well. It depends on Elliis' writing mostly. Plenty of people on various sites have shown interest in the book.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I feel it will sell pretty well. It depends on Elliis' writing mostly. Plenty of people on various sites have shown interest in the book.

Is he a writer that sells regularly?

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People talk as if The Inuhumans book are top charts. lol

Only Inhuman book in years to have a solid direction, solid fans (me included) is Mrs. Marvel.

So yes, people have the right to no get extied until reading a story they find interesting because up to this point the Inhumans push has not delivery what was promissed at all in the comic universe, hope they are well used in AoS tough.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: if Warren Ellis' name is on the book it will sell pretty well. He's known for reinvigorating interest in B and C-list heroes.

Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_beleco: I don think anyone here has every implied the Inhumans are top-sellers lol. People have every right to be excited about any book that interest them, based on a concept or creative team. This happens for every new book announced.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks pretty good. Warren Ellis is probably gonna lay down a blueprint to make the character interesting for about five or six issues and just make sure the other writers don't mess it up. The art is okay, I'm really feeling nostalgic for some of the 90s style with the ultra detail and sharper lines. And the Inhumans are an interesting enough group to keep it going. What I really want is for Marvel to realize they still have the Eternals and do something with them!

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#81  Edited By Stahlflamme

@lukehero said:

Everyone gets their own book at Marvel, everyone.

But at DC even the fifth person to have the same sidekick persona gets his own solo book...
Or maybe thats the treatment only Batman characters get.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@stahlflamme: I think only bat related characters get promoted like that; Harley, Jason, Grayson, etc. Batman is popular so it makes sense though. A lot of the weird and seemingly ridiculous characters get their own book at marvel. I can only imagine it's because marvel has money to burn.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first Skottie Young cover I've liked in a while

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything written by Warren Ellis is automatically on my pull list. That and Karnak is badass.