Posted by G-Man (30611 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since last year's DC - THE NEW 52 Free Comic Book Day issue, we've been waiting to find out more about Trinity War. As we've seen more about Pandora, Phantom Stranger and the Trinity of Sin, plus the recent developments in JUSTICE LEAGUE and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, things have been heating up.

The first official chapter is almost upon us. It all begins in JUSTICE LEAGUE #22 by Geoff Johns, Ivan Reis and Joe Prado.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #22

TRINITY WAR, the action-mystery event of the summer, begins with a full-length epic adventure! The death of a hero ignites a violent war among the Justice Leagues! It’s League vs. League vs. League as an impending darkness approaches the DC Universe. But the truth behind it all will lead to an evil that threatens every hero on the planet. And what does the Secret Society of Super-Villains have to with this? Everything.

Written by: Geoff Johns

Art by: Ivan Reis, Joe Prado

Cover by: Ivan Reis, Joe Prado

Variant Cover by: Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund, Ivan Reis, Joe Prado

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 40

U.S. Price: 3.99

On Sale Date: Jul 3 2013

Check out Doctor Light on the bottom of the first page. DC mentions he'll be more involved with the Justice League of America and we'll have to wait and see what his role becomes if each member of the JLA is supposed to have been chosen to take out a member of the Justice League.

Staff
#1 Posted by Oscars94 (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT THE FLUCK?! awesome!

#2 Edited by Saren (25272 posts) - - Show Bio

Erm....

#3 Edited by jaytiz27 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm.....

#4 Posted by G-Man (30611 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh. Hang on.

Staff
#5 Edited by Squalleon (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaahh

Superman possesed again!!!
Damn you DC and your recycled ideas!
Let's hope it won't last for the whole event.
Also Ivan Reis is getting better by the issue

#6 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5856 posts) - - Show Bio

Well well well *smokes cigar* it's about time.

#7 Edited by jaytiz27 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn superman in trouble now.

#8 Posted by jaytiz27 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

That whole page of superman is gonna look great coloured.

#9 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

Woohoo!!

#10 Posted by fartvader (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's that dude on the bottom of page 7?

I just started reading comics a year ago so i dont know that much..

#11 Posted by longbowhunter (6724 posts) - - Show Bio

Cautiously optimistic.

#12 Edited by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about Superman being possesed but the skull could be bringing out the darkest parts of a person. which Pandora needs to find someone of a pure heart. Superman is just like anyone else....mentally. which is why the skull will more than likely go to Billy Batson.

#13 Edited by deathmedal (87 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is this is where Billy comes in, there is only a few that can take Superman down, WonderWoman may to too close to Clark now. SHAZAM for the win.

#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6294 posts) - - Show Bio

I freaking called it I knew Supes would be the one to start it HIGH FIVE

#15 Edited by Black_Claw (2883 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Doctor Rape dies later on.

#16 Edited by DedrabbiT (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor light I believe will be the justice league of America's answer for firestorm on JL. Makes sense to me.

#17 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's that dude on the bottom of page 7?

I just started reading comics a year ago so i dont know that much..

Dr.Light probably

#19 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor light I believe will be the justice league of America's answer for firestorm on JL. Makes sense to me.

How is he right to fight Firestorm?

#20 Posted by Mucklefluga (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been waiting for this for 26374838832 yers. Gonna be awesome!!!

#21 Posted by Med (291 posts) - - Show Bio

@dedrabbit said:

How is he right to fight Firestorm?

One of Firestorms main powers, besides the storms of fire, is transmuting one material into the other. maybe the JLA will take advantage of light not being a material? it's a long shot, but so are some of their other match-ups.

#22 Posted by Z3RO180 (6294 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashdamn: I made a thread and my guess was he would be the one to pull the trigger.

#23 Posted by Supreme_Maj (255 posts) - - Show Bio

It almost happen to majestic in Team 7 the box was attracting, him so I suppose it find Kal El instead to bad for the worl a Superman who doesn't hold back and angry SCARY....................

#24 Edited by SNascimento (438 posts) - - Show Bio

YES, YES!

#25 Posted by Comicman1000 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

He is vulnerable to magic so I can see why he was so easily possessed or something.

#26 Posted by aquahawk (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Hooray!!!

#27 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Twilight Of The Superheroes huh?

#28 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

Like it.

#29 Edited by johnqestion (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow!!! This is beginning to look all kinds of awesome!!!

An unrestrained SM going up against Pandora and WW...hell bring it!

Ivan Reis's art, man!!!!

#30 Edited by johnqestion (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@trodorne said:

I don't know about Superman being possesed but the skull could be bringing out the darkest parts of a person. which Pandora needs to find someone of a pure heart. Superman is just like anyone else....mentally. which is why the skull will more than likely go to Billy Batson.

Yeah...I think you might be right and Diana would be too close to Clark too...the innocence of a kid....so SHAZAM!

#31 Posted by trebean (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Doctor Rape dies later on.

But what if he get's "sue'd" (Get it?)

#32 Posted by saoakden (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be interesting. I want to read it more now!

#33 Edited by Mr. Messy Face (120 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Superman's weaknesses is magic? Well who knew? lol :P

#34 Edited by sasquatch888 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

everyone seems excited about this event which will be done within the 3 Justice League books from what i understand ...planned well and not destroying your wallet by making you buy extra limited series or tie ins you don't want. Marvel could learn from this. age of ultron should have been within the avengers titles without the extra series. It feels like nothing important in marvel happens without an event or new number 1 issue ....i wonder how long avengers A.i. will last i wonder who will care about that book after the event excitement wares off. well when i read that Odin gave the world to Morgan Le Fey and technology lost i started to get the feeling that the rest of the series would be crap......i cant wait for the trinity war ...after the event fatigue at marvel got to the point that i can barley remember non event related books...make mine DC

#35 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (980 posts) - - Show Bio

considering I don't care about 2/3 of the trinity, I am not that excited about this as I once was, however you got to love Reis's work!

#36 Edited by RybackStun (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@trodorne said:

Yeah...I think you might be right and Diana would be too close to Clark too...the innocence of a kid....so SHAZAM!

Yeah, that won't work. New 52 Batson definitely isn't pure of heart in any way...

#37 Edited by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks so,so,so......much like I imagined it would be.

#38 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait I don't get this. How can Superman be mind controlled (Again) when Orion of the new gods placed up mentel barriers that stops people from controlling him? yeah bit inconsistent DC. You can't be consistant with your own writing. I hope this is explained how he is being controlled by that thing when he now has barriers to stop that.

#39 Posted by Grand_Supremor (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Supes vs WW. They were so good together, now he might hurt her...

#40 Edited by DocFishstick (241 posts) - - Show Bio

shit just got real

#41 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnqestion said:

@trodorne said:

Yeah, that won't work. New 52 Batson definitely isn't pure of heart in any way...

Actually when you look at a child, he might seem angry and sometimes cruel, but with Shazam! he is a kid at heart. and almost all kids are often filled with hope for better things, for things to be better. though their acts may seem cruel and strange. in the end Billy gets an adult body but still with the hopes of a child. Hope and love are the only things a child really wants. besides toys of course, and PB&J sandwiches with the crusts cut off.

Superman is a man, who tries so hard to act good. He knows he has this super power and he knows he could easily take over. growing up with his abilities he has always forced himself to be an example to others. But in the end he holds himself back when people ridicule him constantly, calling him a menace, a danger to all human life. Imagine not being able to go into a foreign country and not being able to kill a dictator who is mass murdering his own people because you don't want to start an international problems between your home and every other country.

#42 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Supes is someone else's bizatch again by how these panels are looking! That said, I'm excited for this upcoming event! Can't wait!

#43 Posted by New_World_Order (12471 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, go take your anger out on a distant planet.

#44 Edited by condor (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Catwoman getting shot reminds me of blue beetle's fate in Infinite Crisis.

#45 Posted by bigboi100000 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME

#46 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Since you-know-who got shot why is she on these covers?

#47 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is so easy to brainwash. He's like the lead female from ye old 30's serials.

#48 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio

Things are gonna get crazy!

#49 Posted by Nicklantern2814 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@fartvader: it's not a guy it's Pandora from Pandora's box,she along with Phantom Stranger (Judas) and The Question (?) are part of the Trinity of Sin