inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. What would you give up in your quest for power? What if it cost you your very soul? This February, those questions and more will be answered in Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Alpha #1, the first chapter in an epic, out of this world crossover through Guardians of the Galaxy, All-New X-Men, Legendary Star-Lord, Cyclops, Captain Marvel, Nova and Guardians Team-Up! From superstar creators Sam Humphries, Ed McGuinness and Kris Anka comes the opening salvo in an epic cosmic war!

The Black Vortex – an ancient and powerful artifact has been uncovered in the far reaches of the cosmos. With the power to grant its user untold, it is coveted by some of the most nefarious forces in the galaxy. Thane and the villainous Mr. Knife plan to use its power to unleash terror upon the galaxy, and only a small band of heroes stand in their way.

“What happens when one person submits to the Black Vortex and becomes a titan of the cosmos? What happens when a whole team does it? Or a whole planet?” says Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Alpha #1 writer Sam Humphries in an interview with Marvel.com. “Imagine the metamorphosis that turned Norin Radd into the Silver Surfer, or Jean Grey into Dark Phoenix, available to anyone in the Marvel Universe.”

“But of course, no amount of power comes without a cost,” Humphries continued.

Now, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the X-Men, Nova, Captain Marvel and more must unite as one or face extinction. Because if they fail, billions will die. But even they may be seduced by the power of the Black Vortex. Are they going to save the universe? Or will they be its undoing? Find out as the

Billions of lives are at stake, the heroes of the Marvel Universe will have to face the darkness inside themselves if they hope to succeed. But will they be the ones to save the galaxy, or will they be seduced by the Black Vortex’s power?

Find out as the action begins this February in the can’t miss Guardians of the Galaxy & X-Men: The Black Vortex Alpha #1!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & X-MEN: THE BLACK VORTEX ALPHA #1 (DEC140820)

Written by SAM HUMPHRIES

Art by ED MCGUINNESS & KRIS ANKA

Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

Cosmically Enhanced Variant by ANDREA SORRENTINO (DEC140822)

Connecting Variant A by ALEXANDER LOZANO (DEC140821)

FOC – 01/12/15, On-Sale – 02/04/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Looks cool but i dislike Magic´s pose on the cover.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@vitalius: Well they need something to draw away the readers attention from the writer's names on the cover.

(ok that was a little harsh)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The art is beautiful, but I can't see this being any good.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will say, these guys have their work cut out for them since this is following up God Head

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that Celestial looks an awful lot like apocalypse.... wonder if thats what became of him when the celestials came for him & saved him from the X-men & Avengers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Who's taking bets on Ronan keeping his power and becoming evil so that he's the same as the movies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever:

But i think it is kind wierd. She apperantly has no bones her body and she is carry her Big Ass Soultaker and a katana. Gamora body looks wierd but pose is ok even for t&a pose but yet Jean Grey looks very funny either that she is confuse and angry or with huge migraine. But Issue doesnt reflex on the art of cover, exept Kitty Pryde has preshile hair since hair looks it is moving almost like has mind of it own.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: I'll tell you what I tell myself every time I begin to try and bring logic to anything X-Men related "Just don't think about it"

ShockTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever the X-Men go to space my interest just drops.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Hope this is good.

$MONEYTEAM$

ComicBloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope it's short and Sweet... Axis had so many Tie-ins....

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have a feeling that Sorrentino's variants are going to be the best thing to come out of this whole event.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It absolutely baffles me how Kris Anka works in comics. I really don't understand it.

Wilhelm_Dolle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: magik's pose on the cover reminds of comicbooks from the 90s. i think it's a bit sexist (typical b&b-pose). anyhow, black vortex could be fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wilhelm_dolle:

I never said it wasnt fun and probably is but her pose is really stupid

WAM-Hope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are Peter and the others playing D&D o__o?

Roninreviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wasn't gonna pick this up until I saw this preview. The art looks awesome. The character interactions look really fun. I don't think I'll read the entire thing cos there are waaayy too many crossovers but damn this looks like fun from the preview. Also Kris Anka is the best artists working atm, period.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's taking bets on Ronan keeping his power and becoming evil so that he's the same as the movies.

Well, considering Marvel was willing to sh*t on Magneto's backstory to make SW and Quicksilver into Inhumans for the sake of the films I would say that's a sucker's bet. Marvel seems unable or unwilling to separate their properties and I think everything BUT the films are suffering for it.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By senglord

The cheesecake on the cover is triggering my lactose intolorance.

Otherwise, great.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uuuugggghhhhh

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... I am getting mixed feelings about this book...

I'll wait a couple of issues...

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Winter_Kills

@vitalius: Well they need something to draw away the readers attention from the writer's names on the cover.

(ok that was a little harsh)

No Caption Provided

LOL seriously, totally agreed with you there bro. Bendis' name on this is kinda like garlic to a vampire for me. Humphries, I don't have too many problems with him because the only thing I've read from him is Legendary Star-Lord, which I've been enjoying pretty consistently, I just hate that an event has to come in & interfere with the great single narrative they've been telling. I'm glad Rocket's comic isn't involved. I don't want to have to read all these other books that aren't on my pull list just to find out what's going on in Legendary Star-Lord, I just want to read that book, hopefully it's written in an accessible way, because I refuse to read Bendis' GOTG or X-Men.

I've been expecting this since I first saw Ronan's face on the teaser art. So much for character development....bye-bye Annihilation/Annihilators Ronan, we barely knew ye....grrr....

And if they try to make Drax into "Thanos-Lite", I'm gonna be pissed.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celestial...apocalypse??

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

up coming story not event,

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

At least X-23's hair doesn't have that blue and yellow streak in it on that cover (which is pretty)?

As for the story, I'm going to go with the flow. I have no opinion one way or the other. I've learned it's best that way when it comes to crossovers. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@winter_kills: Are you gonna pick up the Gamora ongoing when it starts?

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@winter_kills: If Ronan's gonna be like like that, then I'll be damned.

I have just one question: why is Young Scott with Magik and the gang? Isn't he with another space pirate gang?

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its begun, somehow in this crossover the mutants will found out their inhumans all along

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@jonny_anonymous said:

Well, considering Marvel was willing to sh*t on Magneto's backstory to make SW and Quicksilver into Inhumans for the sake of the films I would say that's a sucker's bet. Marvel seems unable or unwilling to separate their properties and I think everything BUT the films are suffering for it.

Not sure about Ronan given that he is already dead in the cinematic universe, but was SW and Quicksilver being Inhumans confirmed by now? I'm not really following this development that closesly.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblackhood said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Not sure about Ronan given that he is already dead in the cinematic universe, but was SW and Quicksilver being Inhumans confirmed by now? I'm not really following this development that closesly.

Not yet but they are no longer the children of Magneto.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

I know that, but that they were his children was a retcon to begin with. And Quicksilver and SW are basically the mutants on the unity squad at the moment. Also it is not like the movie versions can be considered Inhumans yet. There were already other causes for superpowers in the MCU. People are getting too paranoid about this too quickly. Though, there is Cassie Lang seemingly being younger now...

illmatic4177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Comic Book fans jumping to conclusions? Nonsense.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

super excited for this ^_^

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wam-hope said:

Are Peter and the others playing D&D o__o?

Considering the fact that Rocket's a tactical genius... No wonder he looks so smug while everybody else is like "Aww for F**K sakes man. Give it a rest already!". I mean I've no problem with envisioning the raccoon just stomping left, right and centre in a turn based strategy miniature game.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Are you gonna pick up the Gamora ongoing when it starts?

Yeah, I'll be checking it out. I've always been familiar with Gamora's character(& Drax's), since the Starlin days, & was a regular reader of Warlock & the Infinity Watch. I always thought that Gamora had great potential to be a strong female lead(I feel the same way about Sif, if only more people hade given her JiM run a chance). She's one of the GOTG, but at the same time has her own story, connected to the Thanos mythos; a lot of potential lies in balancing her being a Guardian & her reputation as an assassin & the deadliest woman in the universe(trained by a Mad Titan to kill a self-professed god, no less), & in her complicated relationship with her "father". If written well, there's a lot of potential there. I'm glad Marvel recognizes that, & it helps that Nicole Perlman, who is a big part of the GOTG's film success, is writing it. It'll be great as long as they keep her close to how she's been consistently portrayed in the MU, not watered down in any way. My only complaint with her in the movie is we didn't get to see that assassin side to her, that full deadly edge, but that can be rectified in the next film.

With her getting a solo book, & Star-Lord & RR having theirs(& Groot keeping a presence in RR's obviously), that leaves Drax as the odd man out. I also think Drax could carry his own book, with the right talent, & if it had the same kind of feel as Drax the Destroyer: Earthfall. Giffen & Breitweiser did an awesome job streamlining Drax, but still showing him as a cosmic badass.

@winter_kills: If Ronan's gonna be like like that, then I'll be damned.

I have just one question: why is Young Scott with Magik and the gang? Isn't he with another space pirate gang?

I feel the same way. I'm gonna miss all that Annihilators development. There are those at Marvel hell-bent to undermine DnA's successes with these characters. They made me like characters like Ronan & Super-Skrull, who until their handling, were typical alien villains.

Yeah, I had the same question about Cyke. He should still be with the Starjammers. But, all can be undone for the sake of a bloody x-over...ugh.....

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: agreed with everything you said! Hopefully since all of the other Guardians have books then they will give Drax a chance. It would be a nice reminder to everyone that Drax isn't a dumb-as-bricks Hulklike.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: I actually liked that Ronan and Super-Skrull were kind of redeemed at Annihilation. Why do they have to ruin them?!? Besides, from what I see now, it's probably J-Son who's gonna be the problem. And I like the direction they made lil' Scott walk into, maybe the Starjammers would caught up in this event too. All for the sake of sales...

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: agreed with everything you said! Hopefully since all of the other Guardians have books then they will give Drax a chance. It would be a nice reminder to everyone that Drax isn't a dumb-as-bricks Hulklike.

Exactly right. That's what I loved about what Giffen did in Drax the Destroyer: Earthfall, & also DnA's portrayal of him- they streamlined him & took him from how he was being portrayed in the 90s- basically a brutish, dull-witted cosmic Hulk, & took him back to Starlin's original intention as a vengeance-seeking destroyer while also bringing new things to the table; downplaying his cosmic powers, but showing him to be a cunning & skilled adversary, with quite a rep as the Destroyer, capable of handling the worst the universe had to offer. I loved in Annihilation how he sort of became the unlikely mentor to Rich when he got all of the Nova Force, & I loved seeing him FINALLY fulfill his mission of killing Thanos(though it didn't stick, it was an awesome scene for both characters, with Drax ripping his heart through his chest & Thanos say "Interesting"....a badass moment for both characters) & I was glad to see Drax finally succeed, & be known as the man that killed the Mad Titan. I imagine with Thanos being on the loose as he is now, Drax would be all-out to get him, which would be the perfect impetus for a new series, as Drax has to balance his desire for vengeance with his desire to also protect & be a Guardian. It'd also be cool to show the "father" side of Drax- that Drax was a father first & foremost, & that loss was what drove him to his mission against Thanos, but also drives him as a Guardian, why Drax stays with them. They could also bring Cammi back in; I liked the "adoptive father" angle he had with her, she would be a great part of his supporting cast in a solo book, remind him of that protective, fathering side that is still as much a part of him as a vengeance-seeking destroyer. If the right creative team went with that angle, showing him as a total cosmic badass, but with a degree of humanity that I feel makes him relatable, it would be a great series.

I can also see the story of Drax kind of like the epics of old- an ordinary man who lost everything- his family, his normal life, his world to the whim of the gods(in this case, a Titan), & who is on a quest to oppose even a Titan, a being more powerful than himself, not just to avenge his family, not just for the sake of vengeance, but because he loves his family THAT much- enough to have him go to any lengths to oppose a mad god.

@winter_kills: I actually liked that Ronan and Super-Skrull were kind of redeemed at Annihilation. Why do they have to ruin them?!? Besides, from what I see now, it's probably J-Son who's gonna be the problem. And I like the direction they made lil' Scott walk into, maybe the Starjammers would caught up in this event too. All for the sake of sales...

Me too man, me too! They became characters that I actually found myself rooting for, you saw the nobility in them- what they did in the past they did for their respective empires, but the Annihilation War & everything that followed showed them that the universe was bigger, & they had to stand as warriors not just to defend their worlds/empires, but all interstellar society. Ronan was kick-ass in Annihilators, & he was even friggin' married to Crystal- I hate seeing that character development go. I know they're making Ronan that way because of the movie. And yes, the Ronan from the MCU worked- but only in the confines of the MCU. That type of villainy doesn't go with the more developed Ronan we've seen grow from Annihilation. There are things from the MCU I like being brought in(like Star-Lord's look, for example), but changing Ronan like that is very forced. Like you said bro, all for the sake of sales.

I believe that J-Son is going to be a major problem, from following Legendary Star-Lord it looks that way; but I know it's more than him; the character designs hint at Ronan being turned to villainy, which is a step backwards for Annihilation fans, yet again.

Yeah, I liked the idea of young Cyke being with the Starjammers, I always thought they were cool. Hopefully, as I'm hoping with Legendary Star-Lord, things can go back to normal in terms of the narrative on his solo book after the big event is over.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Yeah totally. Drax actually played a huge role throughout all of the Annihilation Era, even more so than Star-Lord I would say. And yeah it was great seeing him as this gruff tactical mentor to Nova and I really hope we can get that back. I really like your "one man raging against the gods" angle for him, who would you want to write it? What I really liked about Drax is that sure he is strong but he's not crazy strong, instead his real talents come from his skills and his insane durability\damage soak. He's like a cockroach, no matter how hard you try he just won't go down lol.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Poor thing they turn Ronan into a villain. I actually remember Super-Skrull back when an animated series of FF aired at one of the local channels here in our country, I really liked the perspective they gave him during Annihilation. And Drax, too! (Though I hated the part where he kills Thanos when the latter finally began to help 'em.) Why would he even need the Black Vortex, anyway? And something about the Starjammers, too - why is Hepzibah alive? Wasn't she killed when the X-Force, Cable, and Lady Deathstrike and her Purifier troops scrambled for Hope Summers in Messiah CompleX?

I hope they would incorporate Quasar and other cosmic entities here. Far-fetched it is, but still.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sinikettu

@scavengerfist: The same way Corsair & Black bolt are still alive & kicking I'm guessing for... Executive meddling or something since they were all shown to have died in panel.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: I believe that J-Son is going to be a major problem, from following Legendary Star-Lord it looks that way; but I know it's more than him; the character designs hint at Ronan being turned to villainy, which is a step backwards for Annihilation fans, yet again.

I don't have problem with Ronan being "evil" in the sense that it would be only natural for him to wish to seize the Vortex for the Kree empire. He is Kree after all and no self-respecting Accuser is going to let some 'mangy humies' take custody of something as powerful as the black vortex.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Yeah totally. Drax actually played a huge role throughout all of the Annihilation Era, even more so than Star-Lord I would say. And yeah it was great seeing him as this gruff tactical mentor to Nova and I really hope we can get that back. I really like your "one man raging against the gods" angle for him, who would you want to write it? What I really liked about Drax is that sure he is strong but he's not crazy strong, instead his real talents come from his skills and his insane durability\damage soak. He's like a cockroach, no matter how hard you try he just won't go down lol.

Exactly, loved that Drax played such a big role in Annihilation. And you're right; he played a bigger role than Star-Lord; Star-Lord really came into his own during Conquest I think, but Drax was a major player throughout all of Annihilation & Conquest. Drax hasn't had that level of focus since, & I think he deserves it, & to be an important player in cosmic affairs, after all, he was reborn to destroy Thanos, and was actually the first individual to alert Earth to the menace of the Mad Titan, waaaay back in Iron Man 55. Also, I kind of felt like Drax the Destroyer: Earthfall paved the way for Annihilation, which was a cosmic renaissance in Marvel that hasn't been seen since. Yeah, the "one man raging against the gods" idea came to me the other day; I was thinking about Drax' s potential while re-reading some Annihilation-era & pre-Annihilation-era cosmic books, & thinking about how Starlin was inspired by Greek mythology to create Thanos, his name inspired by Thanatos; & I thought that same mythological inspiration with a cosmic twist could work for Drax, raging against the gods that took from him his family & the life he knew, transformed him into someone & something else. I can even see Drax resisting the manipulations of Mentor & the other Titans; though they mean well they manipulate him into being a living weapon, a destroyer, & though that is part of him, he seeks to become more, & find his own destiny without the Titans' manipulation. (I can't help but think of the GOTG issue where he & Phyla were outright killed by Mentor & went to the realm of Oblivion; yes it was for a purpose, & brought Moondragon back, but it was pretty darn manipulative to say the least.) I envisioned Drax as a modern-day epic hero, on an epic journey that is space operatic. As for who could write it? hmm. Well, DnA(or any combination thereof) would do a great job; Keith Giffen as well, he did such an awesome job re-envisioning Drax, making him into the character we know today. I could even imagine it being co-written by Giffen & Abnett. For some reason I think Kieron Gillen might do a good job; he gets mythological overtones & can make them modern, & has touched upon the cosmic. But, for me, if either the D or A in DnA(it'd be nice if you could have both, but I heard something about them not working together anymore), or Giffen, either alone or working with them would do a great job, as they were the masterminds behind the great cosmic epic that was Annihilation, & I feel they know Drax well & could tell that level of a story while keeping it relatable, as they always did throughout that awesome era.

The things you mentioned are things that I like about Drax are things that I like as well. Originally he was your typical cosmic powerhouse, but I love how he was streamlined & revamped; like you said he's strong, but not incredibly strong; he relies on his wits, cunning, & experience, & like you said he's incredibly durable & resistant, with a pretty impressive healing factor. Like you & Rich said, he's like a cockroach, he won't stay down! lol I also love a character that has that determination of spirit, that won't back down, & will do what he feels is necessary, regardless of who stands with him or not. I also like that he has some lesser explored abilities, like his senses; being able to sense coming opponents, even being able to taste frozen time in a memorable scene in GOTG & recognize it for what it was, the mental link he developed with Cammi, & the energy field that came around his body during Annihilation when he punched through Thanos' chest. I'd love to see that gruff mentoring side come out in him again as well, even though the only Nova for me is Rich, I could see Drax doing the same with Sam, & train him to be a worthy Nova centurion. And also, his relationship with Cammi, which even shows a softer side to the Destroyer, the nurturing, protective father/Guardian he once was, & through the GOTG, in some respects, is trying to be again.

Just so much potential in him: Drax the Destroyer, created to destroy death, the man who challenged Titans, the man who killed Thanos & broke the Badoon into two warring factions.

@winter_kills: Poor thing they turn Ronan into a villain. I actually remember Super-Skrull back when an animated series of FF aired at one of the local channels here in our country, I really liked the perspective they gave him during Annihilation. And Drax, too! (Though I hated the part where he kills Thanos when the latter finally began to help 'em.) Why would he even need the Black Vortex, anyway? And something about the Starjammers, too - why is Hepzibah alive? Wasn't she killed when the X-Force, Cable, and Lady Deathstrike and her Purifier troops scrambled for Hope Summers in Messiah CompleX?

I hope they would incorporate Quasar and other cosmic entities here. Far-fetched it is, but still.

Yeah bro, Super-Skrull was awesome during Annihilation, & so was Ronan. We got to see these characters in a new light; that they're not villains per se, just trying to do what is right for their people. Yes, Drax was so awesome in Annihilation! It turned him into one of my favorite characters. He was just so badass! Though I love Thanos, I couldn't help but cheer for Drax; he'd succeeded in his life's mission, if only for a short while. It would be awesome if they brought Quasar in! I've loved Quasar since he had his own book; I'd love to see him & the other Annihilators; Surfer, Gladiator & Beta Ray Bill. (I loves me some BB!) Seriously, we need a cosmic renaissance like the one we had with Annihilation. To this day it remains the best event Marvel has done.

@winter_kills: I believe that J-Son is going to be a major problem, from following Legendary Star-Lord it looks that way; but I know it's more than him; the character designs hint at Ronan being turned to villainy, which is a step backwards for Annihilation fans, yet again.

I don't have problem with Ronan being "evil" in the sense that it would be only natural for him to wish to seize the Vortex for the Kree empire. He is Kree after all and no self-respecting Accuser is going to let some 'mangy humies' take custody of something as powerful as the black vortex.

I can definitely see that POV. If Ronan is handled in that way, I'd definitely have no problem with it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Man that's perfect! Have you ever played Asura's Wrath? They way you describe Drax makes me think of that. It's a much better way to describe him rather than "the Hulk crossed with Wolverine" the way some people do. You are right that DnA don't work together anymore but as far as I can tell they haven't fell out or anything, it's more to do with they had become so known as a team whenever they worked solo there fanbase dropped. But an Abnett and Giffen Darx book would be the dream team and like you said Gillen would be perfect also since his run on JiM and the current Angela book proves he can do cosmic and myths. I would love a book where Drax goes up against the Eternals.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember seeing an issue of Gladiators, I was interested in Beta Ray Bill when I saw that. And didn't DnA have other cosmic titles besides their stuff at Marvel? I have one issue of Soldier One and they're (DnA) great at writing cosmic stuff.

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AriesWarlock

For a moment I thought that was Hiro-Kala.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: Man that's perfect! Have you ever played Asura's Wrath? They way you describe Drax makes me think of that. It's a much better way to describe him rather than "the Hulk crossed with Wolverine" the way some people do. You are right that DnA don't work together anymore but as far as I can tell they haven't fell out or anything, it's more to do with they had become so known as a team whenever they worked solo there fanbase dropped. But an Abnett and Giffen Darx book would be the dream team and like you said Gillen would be perfect also since his run on JiM and the current Angela book proves he can do cosmic and myths. I would love a book where Drax goes up against the Eternals.

No, I haven't played the game, but I read about it & can see the similarities, very similar theme. I agree, I never liked the Hulk crossed with Wolverine description for Drax either, it takes away from the uniqueness & awesomeness of the character, kind of like when they described Ares as being like Thor crossed with Wolverine. I think Bendis described Drax that way to make him sound "cooler", though the character was cool way before in Giffen & DnA's capable hands. Yeah, that's what I heard about DnA to, but man the things they did for the cosmic side of the MU- it was a cosmic renaissance, & I'd love for something like that to happen again, where the great cosmic characters get to stand tall, where great creators get to show how awesome they are; no Avengers or X-Men needed. A Drax solo like this could be one of those books. Like you said, Abnett & Giffen on Drax would be a dream team! Honestly, if I saw a Drax book with their names on it, on the racks right now, I'd buy it, no questions asked, no previews necessary, I know it'd be quality. But, I'd definitely accept Gillen as a runner up, I think he could capture Drax's "voice" as well as the cosmic/mythical implications perfectly.

Oh man, I was actually thinking about Drax going up against the Eternals myself! Even bring in the Celestials. I think the mythos behind the Eternals of Titan could be explored a little more, a lot of potential there; & this would be the kind of book to explore it. I just imagine Drax, through his quest across the MU to defy & destroy Thanos, would encounter all kinds of other cosmic characters & races throughout the MU. This would give Drax an awesome opportunity to be the awesome character that we know him to be, face off against other cosmic badasses, beings that on paper are more powerful than himself, but hold his own through his cunning, skill & determination.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers