Posted by G-Man (34060 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read this week's GREEN LANTERN #23.1, you know what Relic's story is and why he is determined to put a stop to all the Lantern Corps. Beginning next month, in October, Lights Out will cross over all the Green Lantern Family titles. Word is, it will change the Green Lantern universe...FOREVER!

Robert Venditti spoke to us exclusively about the arc.

“There are seven different colors of the emotional spectrum, each of them represented by their own corps. Green Lanterns wear rings powered by will, Red Lanterns rage, Yellow Lanterns fear, and so on. For reasons none of the Lanterns are sure of, the rings have been malfunctioning lately. Enter Relic, a remnant of the universe before ours, who thinks he knows what's wrong with the rings and has a solution. Unfortunately, ridding the universe of every last Lantern is part of that solution."

Here's your first look at the first part of Lights Out.

GREEN LANTERN #24

“LIGHTS OUT” part one! Relic arrives on Oa as this massive story kicks off! Can the different Lantern Corps come together to stop this powerful enemy? Lights Out will see Lanterns die, others change allegiances—and nothing will be the same ever again! Trust us: We MEAN IT!

Written by: Robert Venditti

Art by: Billy Tan

Cover by: Billy Tan

Variant Cover by: Billy Tan

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Oct 2 2013

Source: DC

Staff
#1 Posted by Mucklefluga (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

#2 Edited by RedhoodFlashLantern (51 posts) - - Show Bio

So pumped for this one month crossover loving every single lantern book right now and to top it off it ends with an annual LIGHTS OUT BITCHES!!!!!

#3 Posted by dondave (37409 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by mark15 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't think I'd like the post-Johns GL stuff, but I love as much if not more

#5 Posted by laabitres (409 posts) - - Show Bio

relic looks like a boss

#6 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1821 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks great.

#7 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been really enjoying GL since the new creative team. Looking forward to Lights Out!

#8 Edited by anandak47 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

epicness personified.... really excited...

#9 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks interesting.

#10 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (368 posts) - - Show Bio

Relic is such a great designed character! He looks as cool as Kyle's White Lantern costume looks stupid... Which is A LOT!!!

#11 Edited by Catsnlynne (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Would this be a good book to start reading Green Lantern?

#12 Posted by Captain13 (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

Venditti is the best thing to ever happen to this title.

#13 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited for this after reading that .1 issue, damn! that was good.

#14 Posted by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@catsnlynne: I'm not sure about this one but issue #21 would be a good start

#15 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2315 posts) - - Show Bio

@catsnlynne: Issue 21 is a great jumping on point. But you could probably pick it up here and follow a long.

#16 Posted by Catsnlynne (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know how many parts this new Green Lantern book will have?

#18 Edited by CrashBang (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Venditti is fantastic. I am stoked!

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14895 posts) - - Show Bio

So far Relic has been really awesome to read about but I am not really fond of Venditti's writing.

#20 Posted by Ando123 (222 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG that Relic's entrance is so cool, gonna buy this one¡

#21 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11582 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to sound facetious but is Relic supposed to similar to Galactus where he is the survivor of a random dead universe or is supposed to be from the previous DCU? I haven't read the Relic issue yet which is why I'm asking.

#22 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow... that last page looks great. I can just hear the dark symphonic music as Relic steps out of his ship. I don't usually read GL but this has me intrigued.

#24 Posted by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

@catsnlynne: 5. GL, GLC, GL:NG, RL and GL Annual. One part per week.

#25 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus...you're supposed to be in the Marvel Ultimates Universe, not DC Earth Zero!

#26 Posted by Mezmero (930 posts) - - Show Bio

Relic looks like he has a miniature futuristic city on his back. It's either that or a giant proton pack. Maybe bustin' makes him feel good.

#27 Posted by DickDastardly (41 posts) - - Show Bio

This relic character looks like some villain that dragon ball Z would cook up. Not saying thats necessarily a bad thing. I really like that last panel of him though

#28 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to see the post Johns world still going strong

#31 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

Itsruprising to hear that Kyle Rayner has trouble with him. I was thinking he would be like the go to person now. Does he shoot white constructs now or just use a variety from the various colors from the spectrum?

#32 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11582 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson: No where, that was my own comparison. Galactus is from the universe before the Marvel U was created so I was wondering if his origin is supposed to be similar to Galactus's or if he's from the pre-52 DCU (and we just never met him)