Posted by G-Man (29376 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to believe that Robert Venditti has only done two issues of GREEN LANTERN so far. It feels like he slid right in with ease. Things have been majorly shaken up and this is just the beginning. We know that Lights Out is coming and this issue and DC has released a preview that shows things are about to get even worse for Hal and the Corps.

"There will be plenty of action,” Venditti recently teased. “In one way or another, each Corps is going to pay a price.

GREEN LANTERN #23

Hal struggles with his new role as leader of the Green Lantern Corps while he tries to solve the mystery of why the universe is atrophying! And an escaped prisoner has gotten hold of a power that makes her nearly unstoppable! The stage is set for the ultimate test against Relic!

Written by: Robert Venditti

Art by: Billy Tan, Richard Friend

Cover by: Billy Tan, Richard Friend

Variant Cover by: Rags Morales

Color/B&W: Color

Page Count: 32

U.S. Price: 2.99

On Sale Date: Aug 7 2013

Source: DC Comics

Staff
#1 Posted by Lvenger (15963 posts) - - Show Bio

A Hal Jordan facepalm. Signs that Venditti's run are getting better. The uninked art from Tan does look better than the coloured in art.

#2 Posted by johnreid5895 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I know not everyone will agree with me but it is cool that so soon after Johns' run ends, Venditti seems to finding his own identity as the main charged with the GL corner of the DC Universe.

#3 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking great! Venditti's run so far with Green Lantern is awesome and this displays he certainly is hitting it home, at least in my opinion.

#4 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (565 posts) - - Show Bio

first thing that came to mind when the new sapphire escaped was "I wonder if this is Hal's new love interest?" hmmm also anyone else notice Kyle and Carol have been getting awfully close over the past few months

#5 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

the inked art looks so good here.

#6 Edited by Squalleon (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

Great art and i really like that GL is interesting even after John's departure :-)

#7 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

What is she like the new Fatality or something?

#8 Posted by EnigmaLantern (662 posts) - - Show Bio

I was slightly anxious about keeping GL in my pull list after Geoff Johns left the series, but Venditti has done an awesome run so far, absolutely loving it.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11700 posts) - - Show Bio

first thing that came to mind when the new sapphire escaped was "I wonder if this is Hal's new love interest?"

That'd be pretty unoriginal. it would be.. like what....the 4th or 5th Star Sapphire love interest for Hal? Carol, Dela Pharon, Debbie Darnell, Cowgirl, and now Noj? enough is enough.

hmmm also anyone else notice Kyle and Carol have been getting awfully close over the past few months

Hopefully shes a better one for Kyle than she was for Hal

#11 Posted by Hawkguy (559 posts) - - Show Bio

I started reading GL once Venditti jumped on and its been cool. I'm wondering, do you need to read all 4 lantern books to get the full story or can I just follow GL and enjoy it?

#12 Posted by cc1738 (338 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait. I like all the new creative teams. My favorite is Green Latern Corps. I loved the insect dirty talk. That was really funny.

I didn't read red lanterns or Larfleeze though.

#13 Posted by TheShutup (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

A Hal Jordan facepalm. Signs that Venditti's run are getting better. The uninked art from Tan does look better than the coloured in art.

I agree
It's sorta like Van Schiver's when it doesn't have color.

#14 Posted by TheShutup (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738: I actually perfered Red Lanter's more than the other's
I rank them as far as the issues since the creative change:

1. Red Lanterns
2. Green Lantern Corps
3. Green Lantern
4. New guardians
5. Larfleeze

#15 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

Another big crossover for Green Lanterns just after the First Lantern........Marvel-esque.

#16 Posted by sandra176791892 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

like Troy explained I'm blown away that a mom can get paid $5067 in 4 weeks on the computer. have you read this site link.................. www.Jam10.coM

#17 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2100 posts) - - Show Bio

really enjoying this

#19 Edited by Miss_Garrick (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

Sand people, the worst!

#20 Edited by GL2814_1 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkguy: All four books are good, but you don't need to read them all. You can enjoy GL alone.

#21 Posted by GL2814_1 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't enjoyed the GL line of books this much in a long time. GL is far and away my favorite (I'm a Hal guy), but all the teams are doing a great job. Venditti writes a great Hal Jordan. Can't wait for Lights Out.

#22 Posted by thelma73450346 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

just as Andrew said I'm alarmed that a stay at home mom able to make $6170 in one month on the internet. have you seen this web page.......... www.Jam10.ℂoM