Avatar image for devourerofworlds
devourerofworlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By devourerofworlds

the third army looks a bit like the Phalanx from Annihilation: Conquest. mostly the faces

cacarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By cacarl

@kennyshat: I remember Clinton ( Reign of the Supermen) and Nickson ( Watchemen).

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#53  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

cool.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mattwing87

So Kyle has only been a GL for 2 years? It seems like Hal would have been Parallax more than 2 years ago. Like maybe 4 years ago?

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By RedOwl_1

@Barkley said:

it looks like Obama

The first thing I thought was "Obama?!?"

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56  Edited By IronAngelX

Comic book writers need to realize that in a time with such political disagreements, it may not be best to place a depiction of the current President of the United States when not all of their readers are voting for him and not just that, but when they even feel isolated and alienated by the man. Politics and comics should not mix, it no longer becomes fun and enjoyable to read comics when people start throwing out their political and social views. Why shove your personal opinions down the throats of your readers when not all of them share that same opinion? I felt the same way when I saw Bush in the Ultimates, and Obama on the front of a Spider-Man comic. Please don't bastardize our hobbies which we run to for escape from the screwed up world we live in, with your political or social views. If you DO want to, do not use a known human being, but instead, use a symbolical form of the man. It is also strategically well-played that the creators would throw such a depiction, one month before the election. Comics should be fun and thrilling and politics is NOT that and should not infect our entertainment in such a way. In such a divided time in our nations politics, this entire thing is low and beneath the rest of us who just enjoy watching Green Lantern sock a giant, slobbering, purple alien in the face with a big cartoon-ish hand. Please let fun be fun again.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kid Apollo

i dont get why theyd release a lame all white cover. what a waste

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Miss_Garrick

I like how Obama was done here. Whatever your politics, I think if the current President is going to show up in a comic, it should be for reasons like here, getting the update on the GL situation. Just like how George W. Bush gave Wasp a pep talk in that Kang Dynasty storyarc. Don't have our nation's President be a lame cameo, have him actually doing something!

Again, this is not politics, this is a geek giving her opinion on a comic thing.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By nappystr8

Oh man! I was already really excited to pick up Green Lantern #13 tomorrow, but now I can hardly wait! This looks so freakin' good.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By sparty-dbq

"Recalibrating."

"Message playing."

"Error."

When did Green Lantern rings start operating like RealPlayer? Next I suppose it'll say "Buffering."

FrankenKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By FrankenKong

@xScorchedx: I do. I am honestly not picking up any Green Lantern issues until I see the return of Hal Jordan and Sinestro. I have no interest whatsoever in this new lantern. My god what will be so new and interesting about this guy that isnt already what the other 4 have. Hal Jordan, your average guy turned into a hero he always was inside. Guy Gardner, (not my fav mind you) the loud mouth, take no prisoners, hot head we all can be sometimes. John Stewart, the war veteran who has seen what humans are capable of yet still fights to preserve the good. and of course Kyle Rayner, the young gun with a good heart and wild imagination.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#62  Edited By Teerack

@Zeeguy91: i read the zero. Maybe you didn't get the last page, but if Sinestro and Hal are black lanterns that would mean they died.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63  Edited By Zeeguy91
@Teerack: Uh...no. I got the last page. Hal and Sinestro are definitely not black lanterns. The last page has Sinestro asking Hal "where are we". He doesn't say it like a black lantern would say it and if he was a black lantern, would he even care where they are? I don't think so. 

@FrankenKong: Well, how do you even know that he'll have nothing the others have unless you actually give him a shot. There are definite story possibilities to having a fifth GL. Just give it time. I bet it'll surprise you. I honestly think that's the problem with comic book fans nowadays. People are too resistant to any sort of change.
TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheThe

Geoff Johns is so vain. The only Lantern he cares about is Hal Jordan. Johns shouldnt be allowed to write others lanterns stories, especially those of Stewart, because he simply doenst give a shit about him. It's ridiculous for him to create another "minority" lantern when he is clearly uncapable to write properly John Stewart. If he doesnt rely to a character or if he doesnt have enough love for him, he needs to give up. I really hate DC right now for not treating their characters equally. Since his creation, Stewart has always been a sidekick to the others.

Johns and DC should be ashamed ! Shame on you!

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Eyz

OBAMA!!

sorry...couldn't think about nothing else once I hit the first page XD

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#66  Edited By Teerack

@Zeeguy91: His word bubble was black... now is that not like a black lantern? Plus their outfits...

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By clemj

a nightmare for the guy

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By fodigg

This really makes me want a companion to the new JLAmerica book starring John Stewart and titled American Lantern.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zeeguy91
@Teerack: Now, if you remember, during Blackest Night, the Black Lanterns' speech bubbles were both black and "shaky" or whatever you wanna call it. And in some cases, they weren't even black at all. If its just black, then no. They're probably not Black Lanterns. As for their clothes, as far as I can tell, Hal is wearing civies and Sinestro is wearing the outfit he always used to wear before he donned the Sinestro Corps uniform, which makes sense, since both their rings have gone missing.
Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Zeeguy91
@TheThe said:

Geoff Johns is so vain. The only Lantern he cares about is Hal Jordan. Johns shouldnt be allowed to write others lanterns stories, especially those of Stewart, because he simply doenst give a shit about him. It's ridiculous for him to create another "minority" lantern when he is clearly uncapable to write properly John Stewart. If he doesnt rely to a character or if he doesnt have enough love for him, he needs to give up. I really hate DC right now for not treating their characters equally. Since his creation, Stewart has always been a sidekick to the others.

That...makes no sense. Geoff Johns has written the other Lanterns in the past. He did write some good stories in Green Lantern Corps, so obviously. But there's no shame in the fact that he prefers Hal to the rest and traditionally, the main title is usually where the "original" hero stars. And him creating a new Lantern is no indication that he hates the others.

And its not really true that Stewart always plays "sidekick" to the other Lanterns. He has his place in the DCU. And I seem to remember a time when Kyle was booted off the JLA in favor of John. Probably because the animated series, where John was the founding GL of the League, was going on at the same time.
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Rumble Man

@xScorchedx said:

Does anyone else really hate that there is a new Green Lantern? Sigh.....

I just hate the fact that waller is not fat anymore, b!tch needs more donuts and bacon

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

Everything at this point has become EPIC

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheThe

@Zeeguy91 said:

@TheThe said:

That...makes no sense. Geoff Johns has written the other Lanterns in the past. He did write some good stories in Green Lantern Corps, so obviously. But there's no shame in the fact that he prefers Hal to the rest and traditionally, the main title is usually where the "original" hero stars. And him creating a new Lantern is no indication that he hates the others. And its not really true that Stewart always plays "sidekick" to the other Lanterns. He has his place in the DCU. And I seem to remember a time when Kyle was booted off the JLA in favor of John. Probably because the animated series, where John was the founding GL of the League, was going on at the same time.

It seems like you didnt understand my statement. Johns has written the other lanterns, but all the storylines he has made outside the ones of Hal Jordan are plain bad, and that's the reason why it will be a good thing if he doesnt write the others lanterns in the future. Johns is the kind of writer who need to be passionate about the character he writes in order to produce a decent story. Out of the 4 former lanterns, he only loves one. So do the math. And dont make me say things i didnt say.The creation of Baz is not the indication that Jonhs hates Ginger, Stewart and Rayner. He doesnt hate them, he simply doesnt care about them, and Stewart is the less important(if you read all GL titles,it's so obvious). So, what's the point(apart from publicity stunt) to create a new lantern when he's not able to keep the things up with the remaining lanterns ?

Dont bring the JLA et JLU, i'm talkin about the books here. But judging by your av, i guess the only issue in this debate is the "agree to disagree" formula.

KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KZR

@Emperormeister734: I most certainly agree.