First Look: FANTASTIC FOUR #5AU (Age of Ultron)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Age of Ultron is almost here. We're starting to see more and more previews that show how other titles will be affected. You'll notice that the issues will be numbered with an "AU" after the number. This way the tie-in issue won't necessarily have to interrupt any ongoing storyline in the series.

What about the FANTASTIC FOUR? Matt Fraction has taken the family off Earth but they will still get mixed up in all this Ultron business.

Marvel has released a first look preview showing how it will affect them. Check out that art by Andre Aruajo!

No Caption Provided
Marvel is pleased to present your first look atFantastic Four #5AU, from superstar writer Matt Fraction and rising star artist Andre Aruajo! There’s only one force that can cut the Fantastic Four’s journey short, and when the family find themselves at the mercy of Ultron – there’s no telling what will happen next! It’s a race against time as the villainous android continues to wreak havoc on the Marvel Universe forcing the few remaining heroes to band together in one attempt at survival.

With the robotic revolution in full force, no fan can miss how Age of Ultron will ultimately change the Marvel Universe leaving no hero or villain unscathed! So what are you waiting for? Head on over to your local comic shop and order a copy of Fantastic Four #5AU today!

FANTASTIC FOUR #5AU (JAN130640)

Written by MATT FRACTION

Art by ANDRE ARUAJO

Cover by MARK BAGLEY

FOC – 3/04/13, ON SALE – 3/27/13

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Hmm the destroyed area doesn't really have the feeling it seems to be doing for...

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mucklefluga

Ah, so that's how and why they end up back at Earth.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Why would they leave their reality warping kid and a child with an intellect, that arguably surpass Reed's own, in the ship lol? I know they don't want their kids to be hurt, but they can pretty much have Franklin just wish Ultron away or pretty much get Galactus to come eat him :D

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#4  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Poor Franklin and Valeria. It was for the best. Ultron will never get a chance to use their abilites for his sinister purposes.

ME24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By ME24601

I like that they're getting a tie in issue in addition to their regular issue. That way the story arc doesn't need to get dropped at the last minute, like in other crossover events.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By iaconpoint

Perfectly good story, lots of buildup and interaction, wonder what's going to happen next, aaaaaaannnnnnddddd we interrupt this program for Marvel's latest quarterly event. This is why I don't read Marvel anymore.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Is it just me or does anybody else think Age of Ultron is just Bendis ripping of Annihilation: Conquest?

jeroenr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jeroenr

@iaconpoint: There will also be a regular #5, so the ongoing story won't really be interrupted. As mentioned in the article (paragraph 1): "You'll notice that the issues will be numbered with an "AU" after the number. This way the tie-in issue won't necessarily have to interrupt any ongoing storyline in the series."

So, maybe start reading Marvel again?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mutant God

so funny how Val sleeps

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheHeat
@Mutant God said:

so funny how Val sleeps

Haha!
BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By BR_Havoc

Ok I fail to understand what is the point of Age of Ultron. I mean by renumbering the tie ins not to interrupt the arc has to mean this is what an different universe or timeline? I have to admit that I normally get suckered by all the big events but this one just seems pointless to me and I will have to pass on it.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By Cafeterialoca

I'm ignoring AoU except for the Fearless Defenders issue. That seems fun!

TheCommissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By TheCommissar

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Is it just me or does anybody else think Age of Ultron is just Bendis ripping of Annihilation: Conquest?

Seems more like Age of Apocolypse.

@BR_Havoc said:

Ok I fail to understand what is the point of Age of Ultron. I mean by renumbering the tie ins not to interrupt the arc has to mean this is what an different universe or timeline? I have to admit that I normally get suckered by all the big events but this one just seems pointless to me and I will have to pass on it.

The trailer they made for it claims Age of Ultron isn't an alternate reality. But, chances are, it'll probably end with some kind of "reset button."

That said, while the premise does seem kinda interesting, I agree in that passing on it seems like the best option (but I think I want to get the Superior Spider-Man tie-in for the artwork alone).

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@TheCommissar: Well Conquest was about Ultron taking control of the Phalanx and then going on to take over the Kree, GotG and the Nova Corps following that the rest of the universe. Isn't this just exactly that but set on Earth instead of Hala?

mksystem74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mksystem74

Since there's not a lot of tie-ins to this event, I'm guessing they're important. I could be wrong though.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ptigrusmagus

@jeroenr said:

@iaconpoint: There will also be a regular #5, so the ongoing story won't really be interrupted. As mentioned in the article (paragraph 1): "You'll notice that the issues will be numbered with an "AU" after the number. This way the tie-in issue won't necessarily have to interrupt any ongoing storyline in the series."

Lol

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Because they're parents, and Franklin & Val are still just kids. Powerful kids, but kids none the less. I wouldn't take my kids to war even if they were stronger/smarter than me. That is just me though.

@Mutant God:

Ha I honestly didn't even noticed she was sleeping next to Franklin

(+)

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tximinoman

Love the Moebius vibe from the backgrounds, the spaceship and the colours, especially in that last page, that page is simply awesome. Pretty french for an American comic. Who's this André Araujo (google told me it's araujo and not aruajo) guy?

Avatar image for yourcounterpoint
YourCounterpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By YourCounterpoint

OOOOOOH! AU is Age of Ultron. Got it. You were confusing me, cause they said this was 616, and yet you called it AU...

Avatar image for yourcounterpoint
YourCounterpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By YourCounterpoint

Perhaps AoU is a better acronym for this...

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#21  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

WOW I love the art. The cartoony style

TheCommissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By TheCommissar

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@TheCommissar: Well Conquest was about Ultron taking control of the Phalanx and then going on to take over the Kree, GotG and the Nova Corps following that the rest of the universe. Isn't this just exactly that but set on Earth instead of Hala?

Ohh, right. For some reason my mind jumped immediately to Annihilation. My mistake.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#23  Edited By Teerack

I wish wish Reed would hurry up and fix himself so they can get back to earth and stop doing the most irrelevant things possible. I would love to see Franklin and Val get stranded and lost in time at the end of the series though, and have them come back to the main time line a few minutes later to everyone in 616 but have like 8 years pass for them so Franklin will be like 19 and Val will be like 16.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Last panel is kinda neat to me, really captures just how serious the ramifications AoU will be to the MU.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mutant God

@Teerack said:

I wish wish Reed would hurry up and fix himself so they can get back to earth and stop doing the most irrelevant things possible. I would love to see Franklin and Val get stranded and lost in time at the end of the series though, and have them come back to the main time line a few minutes later to everyone in 616 but have like 8 years pass for them so Franklin will be like 19 and Val will be like 16.

Don't you mean 18 and 11

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Teerack

@Mutant God: Val is older than three? o.o

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mutant God

@Teerack said:

@Mutant God: Val is older than three? o.o

I think she is either 2, 3, or 4

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Teerack

@Mutant God: O.o but she looks so much bigger like shes 6 or 8 or something.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mutant God

@Teerack said:

@Mutant God: O.o but she looks so much bigger like shes 6 or 8 or something.

blame that on the artist

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Teerack

@Mutant God: No I think that it was intentional. I remember Val being around 3 before the civil war. Time HAS past. I think that she is older now.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iaconpoint

@jeroenr said:

Hmmm, did not know this. Yeah, I'll guess I'll still pick it up then. Thanks for the info!