maybe its the earth 2 version of jean paul valley

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Herx

Well i was going to go with Earth-2 Dick Grayson as he was a part of the original earth 2 JSA as an adult Robin, but if its not going to be a character that's already been shown in any of the "not-so-new-52-which-is-currently-48-after-all-the-recent-cancellations" then I have ney the foggiest. I just hope that his role in the series is minimal (as batmans was the last time earth-2 had its own book).

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Alfred.

Eivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won't be someone who didn't exist in the old Earth-2 or has no connection to the Justice Society. I wouldn't be surprised if its a flat out new character.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its going to be Dick. Mainly because of the two fins on his gloves. Bruce always had three and Dick had two when he was Batman. I know James said that they won't have the same character in both worlds, BUT I think its a red herring AND it also wouldn't be the same chracter exactly, since its Dick Grayson Batman and not Dick Grayson Nightwing.

I would also like to see that Bane theory someone posted above pan out, or Damian, but that would be a problem age wise.

I really hope its one of those, because if it just were some random dude, created for earth 2, who has nothing to do with Batman, it would be pretty stupid to make such a fuzz out of his identity.

"HAHA the new Batmans secret identity is Robert Flugendubel!" Laaaaaame.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@lamenoire: Well, if it is Jean Paul, that would be cool. It's just that I thought it would be kinda neat if there was ONE DC title that had nothing Bat, Super, or Wonder related. As a sort of writing challenge if nothing else. Whatever, that's just me.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cavemold said:

@tommythehitman said:

I'm pretty sure Bruce is still alive. We never actually saw him die.

your right........ugh

Oh, please no.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Fantasgasmic

I thought the whole point of killing off the trinity in the 0 issue was to cement that NO Earth-2 supers would have counterparts in the mainstream universe (I swear I remember reading that before that wave started). I can't imagine it being Dick or Damian, that would be stupid given earth 2 had ONE Robin and she's the Huntress because Batman and Catwoman married early on. But more than anything I'm mad that there appears to be an Earth-2 Mr. Freeze. WTF, DC? Breaking that vow for Mr. Freeze?!

I was hoping it wouldn't technically be Batman, but be The Acrobat or some older obscure character, but the latest Batwoman confirmed him for being in the main universe as well.

My guess is JPV, because I can't think of other Gold/early Silver Age bat folk it could be, and he was a darker Batman. I hope it's not him, bit i could see it. If it's John Blake, I'm dropping Earth-2 which is a shame because it and Demon Kights are my favorite books now that Swamp Thing and Animal Man aren't running parallel stories anymore.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

If it's not Jean Paul Valley then who could it be? (exclude the Damian possibility too)

( + )

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

Just hope its not Bruce

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sawcesome

I'm really thinking JPV, but I'm also gonna throw the crazy theory out there that Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint has been displaced somehow.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am starting to think it is Terry Sloan. It is because they fought before and the fact that Sloan was suppose to be the ultimate alpha male yet he shared a world with Bruce Wayne and lost a fight it must have gotten under his skin. Continuing the comic book tradition of villains dressing as heroes he becomes Batman.

No Caption Provided

TheShame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 21

#64  Edited By TheShame

Yeah, its either Jean Paul Valley or Jason Todd, the red aspects of the costume would fit either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

James Gordon, Jr?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@fuchsia_nightingale said:

Batman is Batman.

@jonny_anonymous said:

Just one world, that's all I ask for! Just one world without Batman

Deal with it people don't be whinnies

So, what? I'm not aloud to voice my opinion unless it coincides with yours?

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mtrakos

Damian Wayne. Its the same get up.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to think they'll keep his identity a secret instead of giving the game away so soon.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Alright I'll admit it. That's an awesome costume

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all know what's going to happen. This Batman whoever he may be is going to end up taking over, and Green Lantern, Flash, Dr. Fate, The Atom, Hawkgirl, and any other heroes and villains that show up are going to be pushed to the background. Now having said that, I really really hope that I am wrong. Earth 2 is my favorite book and I would hate for it to turn into another Batman book.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terry? I sure as hell hope it's not Jean, I hate him as Batman.

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps it could be totally new character.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hope the identity of the new Earth 2 Batman will be a new character. I don't want him to be Jason Todd, Damian, or any past bat related character.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silly flesh bags doombot sees through all of DC's attempts at mystery!

Its Wally West!

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thomas wayne ?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RustyRoy
@mini_bat said:
@humanfly26 said:

@mucklefluga said:

@humanfly26 said:

maybe Damian? it's a way to bring him back without really bringing him back

It won't be Damian. When would Talia and Bruce have had sexy time on Earth 2? Especially since he was with Catwoman.

he could have been with Talia before he was with Catwoman, thus leading to an adult (or at least older than Huntress) Damian.

I really hope not, but some reason I thinking of Tallant Wayne - Ibn al Xu'ffasch looking at this I don't know why.

Tallant Wayne - Ibn al Xu'ffasch can be considered as Damian considering all of them are the sons of Bruce and Talia. I really hope he's Damian but its most probably JPV or Terry. It can also be Bruce Wayne Jr.? Bruce and Kathy Kane's son?

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich711 said:

The costume is reminiscent of Bane's Secret Six costume and why else would a Batman have such ridiculously big arms?

The costume is reminiscent of the first Earth Two Batman, and the answer to the second is Superhero Artists.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By fACEmelter88

@rich711 said:
No Caption Provided

It'll be Waynes "half brother", Bane. With Bruce dead he can never do a DNA test to find out otherwise. He's obsession with Batman continues in Earth 2 but instead of proving himself his better by breaking him he proves it by being a better Batman.

The costume is reminiscent of Bane's Secret Six costume and why else would a Batman have such ridiculously big arms?

@tglass1976 said:

How about John Blake? Would be a good way to get him into the comic book universe.

I really like these ideas!I love Bane kind of a stretch tho but Blake would be crazy (in a good way).

I bet it is Dick (but he has been Batman before) or Jason since there is quite a bit of red which is pretty cool, since it's a bit different. New characters are great but Earth 2 is even less explored than the "New 52-verse" so it would be great to see an existing character in a new role. Hope it is a mystery...but then again I kinda just want to know.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Is that an Earth 2 Mr. Freeze? Also, I think it would be Jason Todd, isn't it true that on some alternate Earth he became Batman after his death? After Jason though, my second choice would be Batman, having somehow escaped the explosion, boom tubed to Apokolips, and finally making it back here.

Avatar image for uncaringmachine
uncaringmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rich711: I REALLY hope this is the right guess!

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle said:

Is that an Earth 2 Mr. Freeze?

We obviously won't know until the actual issue comes out but if I had to take a guess I'd say that's Icicle, since this is Earth 2 and stuff. Or at least I hope it's Icicle. I mean, another Batman was pointless, another Mr. Freeze is just... beyond pointless.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Ted Grant. He did train batman in boxing.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's not super likely, but that costume looks a lot like Thomas Wayne Sr.'s costume in the Flashpoint timeline (Red belt, red eye lenses, red bat logo). I dunno if or how that could factor in, but just something to keep in mind. Then again, yeah, it's also very reminiscent of Jason Todd's style.

Red_Robin212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth 2 joker

Everything else was taken

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New-52 Nightwing wears a red and black suit...

Earth-2 Dick Grayson?

I hope it is Dick, that would be cool and make sense for Earth-2. I love Earth 2 so far, so I'm guessing this will be a separate series revolving around Batman? But same Universe Earth 2? Neat. I anticipate crossover stories with Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Hawkgirl, Atom and this new Batman whoever he is.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Onemoreposter

@fhiz said:

Jean-Paul Valley.

That would be fantastic. I think it would also be very cool if it was Damian.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody know who's the artist for the annual?

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#89  Edited By Rich711
@larrydavis said:

@rich711 said:

The costume is reminiscent of the first Earth Two Batman, and the answer to the second is Superhero Artists.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not sure how this is reminiscent of this. The first Earth 2 costume is busy with plating and pouches and straps while the other is sleek black, like Bane, has the v-cut like Bane and has the belt design like Bane. And as far as believing that it was just an artists preference to draw a character with freakishly huge arms and lats, let alone the first appearance of Batman, one of the most important and most anticipated characters is just silly and oblivious to the reality of how decisions are made when it comes to character design. This isn't an independent comic, it's DC and the most valuable property of DC, Batman. And, it's by two different artist, Andy Kubert did this image and images on the inside by the main artist also share the linebacker build. Look at it close up. Andy Kubert doesnt just do that kind of thing on a whim, he clearly intended it to be freakish. If it is not Bane, they are going to need to explain why Dick became the strongman at the circus or when Jason Todd got hooked on venom.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heard a rumor that this was Jason Todd. Makes sense, kinda, with the red in the costume, right? But I also hear he might be Deathstrokes "Robin" so I can't put any weight (hope) on that. And I haven't been paying attention to Earth 2 so he might've already been revealed and I might look like a donkey. But I mean

The Bane theory is pretty interesting but I can't help but worry about that.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#91  Edited By Rich711

@the_average_bear said:

Heard a rumor that this was Jason Todd. Makes sense, kinda, with the red in the costume, right? But I also hear he might be Deathstrokes "Robin" so I can't put any weight (hope) on that. And I haven't been paying attention to Earth 2 so he might've already been revealed and I might look like a donkey. But I mean

The Bane theory is pretty interesting but I can't help but worry about that.

Jason Todd makes sense which is why I wouldnt believe any rumor that is out 4 weeks before it comes out. Also, I don't think Batman will stick around. The core idea around Earth 2 seems to be a world without the Trinity, like JSA. So if it ends up a perfect fit like Dick or Jason than it wont make sense why he doesnt stick around and become the main character in the book. A character like Bane or Jean-Paul Valley are easier have exit.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

oh great. knew they had to mess up eventually. was so enjoying a bat-free dc universe but of course as usual bat has to be in EVERYTHING. well it was fun while it lasted

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May-29 is the day of my birthday. ;-)

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James has stated pretty clearly that none of his new Earth 2 characters are going to be versions of their Earth 1 selves in the New 52.

Either he was outright lying to throw us off the trail, or this is definitely not Jason Todd, Dick Grayson or Tim Drake.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why everyone is hoping it will be Damian ?
Even if it is him, it wouldn't be "our Damian" at all ; the fun part was that he was still a 10 years old kid with an attitude. and the relation between him and his father was the heart of the character.

And his whole character developement would probably be lost : he wouldn't be the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia, who chose the good side over the bad one.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SmoothJammin

YdurZatara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's Sloan.

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By redhood21

It's Jason Todd. I'm really positive on this one. Geoff Johns had an idea a couple years ago (pre-New 52) to write Jason Todd in as Earth 2's Batman. Obviously, Geoff isn't writing this, but I have a strong feeling that's what they're doing. This Batman is clearly more aggressive in his fighting style (he uses that little gun on his wrist), he wears red, and his Bat-logo is similar to the one Jason uses in Red Hood and the Outlaws.

very astute observation...but you missed one thing.....Charles Nelson Riley in "A Troll in Central Park"

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers