First Look: DISNEY KINGDOMS: SEEKERS OF THE WEIRD #1

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Here comes a comic based on Disney products through Marvel. It should be interesting to see how this plays out. The first issue is on sale in January.

No Caption Provided

Marvel is pleased to present your very first look at Disney Kingdoms: Seekers of the Weird #1, from the critically acclaimed creative team of Brandon Seifert and Karl Moline! Inspired by Disney’s legendary but never constructed Museum of the Weird addition to the Haunted Mansion – and created in conjunction with the world-famous Disney Imagineers -- Seekers of the Weird is an all-new, five-issue adventure no Disney fan or Marvel fan can miss!

When their parents are kidnapped, teens Maxwell and Melody are thrust into a thrilling race through the world’s strangest – and most treacherous -- museum! With the aid of their mysterious and swashbuckling uncle, it’s up to the young heroes to rescue their family and save the world from an evil secret society!

This January, enter the fabled Museum of the Weird for the start of an action-packed adventure inDisney Kingdoms: Seekers of the Weird #1!

DISNEY KINGDOMS: SEEKERS OF THE WEIRD #1 (NOV130638)

Written by BRANDON SEIFERT

Art by KARL MOLINE

Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO

Variant Cover by WALT DISNEY IMAGINEER BRIAN CROSBY

FOC 12/16/14, ON-SALE 1/15/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

Looks kind of cool. I'm confused what it's based on though.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@fables87: Not too sure myself but: "Inspired by Disney’s legendary but never constructed Museum of the Weird addition to the Haunted Mansion – and created in conjunction with the world-famous Disney Imagineers"

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Looks pretty interesting and since the writer specializes in horror this could be something special.

samyroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By samyroc

@g_man:Thanks G-Man for the information, I a was asking myself the same question.May buy it actually.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds like it could be a straight-to-tv movie made for Halloween or something haha, but I like that!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Big fan of Brandon Seifert's work on Witch Doctor. I've been waiting to see him pop up somewhere else. A Disney property is unexpected, but I won't dismiss it. I'll definitely give this a look when it comes out.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Gaza_Stripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It reminds me of another Disney franchise....

Loading Video...
UchihAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UchihAvenger

I really like the artstyle, it manages to be both distinctly Marvel and distinctly Disney at the same time.

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Museum of Weird was the originally planned entrance "Que" line for the Haunted Mansion ride when Walt Disney was alive. After his death, the group in charge felt the idea for MoW was too scary and the plan was scraped for what you have today. Disney actually gave a teaser for this at their D23 expo earlier this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I'll pass.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers