Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

DEADPOOL #29 (MAR140636)

Written by GERRY DUGGAN & BRIAN POSEHN

Art by JOHN LUCAS

Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY

Variant Cover by MARK BROOKS (MAR140637)

This May, the shocking truth about Deadpool’s family comes to light in DEADPOOL #29 – a tie-in to Original Sin! And the truth about the Merc With a Mouth upend the lives of those close to him in ways you never thought imaginable. Fan-favorite writers Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn along with artist John Lucas craft an gut-wrenching tale about Wade’s past that might just be too much for him to handle!

Manipulated at the hands of Butler and his brutal offshoot of the Weapon Plus program, Wade Wilson was transformed into an indestructible killing machine against his will. But there is more to the story. Before being fully indoctrinated by Butler for good, all ties to Wade’s past had to be severed. And the secrets of that day have remained unknown to this day – even to Deadpool himself.

Now, thanks to the energies of The Watcher’s all-seeing eyes, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Adsit and Preston have uncovered the terrible truths about Deadpool’s family. Should they tell him? Or is the truth the final straw that could very well unravel Wade’s fragile psyche!

“Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn have struck a perfect balance in their run on Deadpool,” says editor, Jordan D. White. “They know how to bring the funny, but they’ve also been able to reveal the horrific trauma twinkie that lies just beneath Deadpool’s deep-fried batter exterior. To mix disgusting body metaphors in with that food metaphor, the particular scab that they’re peeling off with this story is covering a wound Wade doesn’t even know he suffered…and one that might just be too much for him to handle.”

What untold horrors lay in Deadpool’s past? And what will happen if they come to light? The horrific truth about Deadpool’s family and their gruesome fate stand revealed this May in DEADPOOL #29!

FOC – 05/05/14, On-Sale – 05/28/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Duggan and Posehn have been excellent on this book. Looking forward to what they have cooked up here. I'm not a huge fan of this art though.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

That cover keeps trolling me... Mirror effect! Mirror effect!

Croi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duggan and Posehn have been excellent on this book. Looking forward to what they have cooked up here. I'm not a huge fan of this art though.

These guys are doing a terrible job. And there's TWO of them. They haven't captured Deadpool at all.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The Lobster

@croi said:

@captainhoopla said:

These guys are doing a terrible job. And there's TWO of them. They haven't captured Deadpool at all.

Obviously you know jack-squat about Deadpool if you think they haven't captured Deadpool at all.

So far they're probably the 2nd or 3rd best Deadpool writers behind only Joe Kelly, and maybe Rick Remender. (Difficult to say since his solo Deadpool stories suck, but Uncanny X-force is awesome, but Deadpool is barely in it)

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for this to say the least.

Gerry and Brian are killing on this series. They're tackling Deadpool more as a character and not just a walking talking punchline. Which automatically makes them a better writer than pretty much every writer to ever tackle Deadpool from 2008 to 2012.

Also I'm glad they're finally adding some solid facts to Deadpool's otherwise mucky origin story. It's about time.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@croi: to each their own. I suggest you don't read it. Then again, I have to wonder why you'd even waste your time looking at the article.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I wish this art was for 1 issue and not this whole arc.. maybe it'll grow on me. Hopefully someone like Joe Mad comes and does a good 5 issue arc. I can only dream..

So far they're probably the 2nd or 3rd best Deadpool writers behind only Joe Kelly, and maybe Rick Remender. (Difficult to say since his solo Deadpool stories suck, but Uncanny X-force is awesome, but Deadpool is barely in it)

I'd say easily 2nd best writers. Even more so if they keep up what they've been doing.

@croi said:

Humour me, please. What is Deadpool? Because they know Deadpool to me.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Lobster

@dagmar_merrill said:
@the_lobster_ said:

I'd say easily 2nd best writers. Even more so if they keep up what they've been doing.

Yeah, they're doing a phenomenal job. They deserve as much praise as they can get. "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" is not only one of the best Deadpool stories, but easily one of the best comic book stories to have come out within the last decade. I think that gives them at least one, "get out of a bad story" free card.....which thankfully they have yet to use.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digging the art it's crazy like DP.Though mixed on more backstory of DP. On the one hand i want to know more about his childhood and parents plus we have that unresolved woman from the end of the zombie arc who tells DP she loves him or whatever assumingly his mother. It would add even more depth for the character to know someone out there really does love DP. Though now Preston and his wife does so it won't have the same affect. On the other hand i like as much mystery as can be for DP. TBH i would of preffered only knowing about Weapon X and not knowing any further of DPs past.

@croi:

You are crazy the only Deadpool title you've probbably read before was the terrible last guy (bad with comic book writers names) and think you suddenly know DP. This is the best DP has been period. He's never been funnier. He has layers and depth to him which is when DP is at his best his supporting cast is miles better theny Hydra Bob and Blind Al, the run can straight up be emotional at times, it actually had an intresting story and it's freaking Deadpoo. You clearly know nothing of the character or what makes him good if you think their doing a terrible job because they are doing a fantastic job. They get Deadpool more then any other writer with in the last decade.

PiofNEPTUNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By PiofNEPTUNE

... and then there's this, DEADPOOL #30, featuring DAZZLER against DRACULA and his Hordes, what a stretch huh? (:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@piofneptune said:

... and then there's this, DEADPOOL #30, featuring DAZZLER against DRACULA and his Hordes, what a stretch huh? (:)

Almost positive this is the same arc as that.

Edit: It is. It's also past Dazzler and not current Dazzler.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@croi:

He has layers and depth to him which is when DP is at his best his supporting cast is miles better theny Hydra Bob and Blind Al

I'd hold off saying the supporting cast in this series is better than Blind Al. Hydra Bob sure, but Blind Al is probably Deadpool's best supporting character EVER. I can only assume you haven't read Joe Kelly's masterful run (The run that pretty much wrote the book on how to write Deadpool). Blind Al is a prominent figure and is used to her full potential in that run and some of the stuff with her could make the strongest of men shed a tear.

I heart Blind Al.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18 said:

@croi:

He has layers and depth to him which is when DP is at his best his supporting cast is miles better theny Hydra Bob and Blind Al

I'd hold off saying the supporting cast in this series is better than Blind Al. Hydra Bob sure, but Blind Al is probably Deadpool's best supporting character EVER. I can only assume you haven't read Joe Kelly's masterful run (The run that pretty much wrote the book on how to write Deadpool). Blind Al is a prominent figure and is used to her full potential in that run and some of the stuff with her could make the strongest of men shed a tear.

I heart Blind Al.

What did you think of Blind Al's use in Deadpool #27?

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The Lobster

@dagmar_merrill said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@thewalkingdeadpool18 said:

@croi:

I heart Blind Al.

What did you think of Blind Al's use in Deadpool #27?

It was probably the funniest joke in that book. I liked the "sacrifice a virgin" joke as well, but I actually laughed out loud when Blind Al was asking people at the funeral if "she was hot." It was a good joke.

Although like most of Blind Al's appearances as of late, it's just not enough. I can understand why a lot of writers are scared to use her because she's such a difficult character to use, plus it's such a complex relationship to fit into just a few pages if she's only going to cameo. The only reason Joe Kelly pulled it off was because he had over 30 issues to dive into it.

One issue she could be the hostage, the next she could be the mother, the next she could be a fighter, and the next she's back to a hostage. Blind Al works best when she's constantly with Deadpool and not just a cameo.