Posted by G-Man (29429 posts) - - Show Bio

For months now we've been enjoying the wonderful DAREDEVIL series written by Mark Waid. Waid has continued to prove what a great writer he is and what a good grasp he has on Matt Murdock. Waid has also been joined by numerous superb artists on the series.

You may recall there was another fine gentleman that wrote really groovy Daredevil stories as well. Brian Michael Bendis is returning to Daredevil and he's bringing in a bunch of great artists as well. Check out this first look of the first issue coming next month.

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Daredevil: End of Days #1, from the creative tour de force of Brian Michael Bendis, David Mack, Klaus Janson, Bill Sienkiewicz and Alex Maleev! When Matt Murdock’s greatest secret remains a mystery – there is only one man who can uncover it, investigative reporter Ben Urich! Witness the end of the Man Without Fear this October in Daredevil: End Of Days #1!

DAREDEVIL: END OF DAYS #1 (AUG120637)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & DAVID MACK

Art by KLAUS JANSON, DAVID MACK, ALEX MALEEV & BILL SIENKIEWICZ

Cover by ALEX MALEEV

FOC – 9/17/12, ON-SALE 10/10/12

== TEASER ==
Staff Online
#1 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevils big secret is...................HE IS BLIND!!!!

#2 Posted by zombietag (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

bendis does so many 2 page spreads. gets on my nerves sometimes

#3 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm genuinely excited about this. Bendis isn't my favorite writer by any means... but I'm excited.

#4 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

So does this mean Waid is leaving DD? And based on the art it looks like the stories are going back to being darker. So does this mean it will be going back to that old darker DD? Because I don't know if I want that.

#5 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombietag said:

bendis does so many 2 page spreads. gets on my nerves sometimes

Same.

Also, why does Marvel give DD so much sh*t, lol?!

#6 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtisticNeedham: I think this is a stand alone future what if for DD.. Bendis talked about it for a long time I'm pretty sure it's a mini

#7 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

@aaunderoath: Thanks. I like the new direction and I thought it was getting good sales so it seemed strange to suddenly switch like this.

Back when Marvel was doing all those "The End" stories and they were all so dark and depressing I thought it might be interesting if DD's The End story was happy, he lived to a ripe old age and maybe even got married and had kids.

#8 Posted by Inverno (12832 posts) - - Show Bio

He can see all along. There, here is the big secret...

#9 Posted by Green ankh (997 posts) - - Show Bio

he really is Ben Affleck I love KLAUS JANSON & BILL SIENKIEWICZ but i dont know if ill get this.

#10 Posted by LiveForever (195 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Waid isn't going anywhere, this is just a miniseries.

#11 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Not extremely keen on the art, Like the cover though.

Why do all of Marvel's previews have no words.

#12 Posted by xAnimosity (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not a Bendis fan but I am so excited for this. Anything with Daredevil gets me excited. And the covers are beautiful.I wonder how this will play out, since Bendis said this is canon.

#13 Posted by The Black Hood (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks that interior art is God awful? Honestly, that looks like all those late 80's / early 90's books that I never go back and read anymore because the art is so offensive to the eyes. I would take Leifeld over that, and that is saying a great deal.

#14 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

Irregardless of the writing, I'm not paying my hard earned money for art that looks like scribblings in a toddler's notebook.

Worst art I've come across in quite a while.

Makes me feel I should be looking for a career as an artist at Marvel. Because yes, I could do better.

#15 Posted by slvr4surfer (80 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is a "What if Daredevil died?" ?

#16 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Black Hood said:

Am I the only one who thinks that interior art is God awful? Honestly, that looks like all those late 80's / early 90's books that I never go back and read anymore because the art is so offensive to the eyes. I would take Leifeld over that, and that is saying a great deal.

Huh, I really like it. To each his own I guess.

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27430 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes finally, DD as he should be written

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too soon for this. Shadowland was just what a year or two ago? Let'em breathe....

#19 Posted by Cooke76 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Yes finally, DD as he should be written

I was actually thinking the same thing.

#20 Posted by mattwing87 (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome! But I think i will wait until it's in trade!

#21 Posted by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis on DD again!? Awesome, even for a limited series.

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Milla Donavon

#23 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this going to be in continuity or not?

#24 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat: Actually that's the only thing that crossed my mind, he really can see.

#25 Posted by longbowhunter (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been waiting a lifetime for this to come out. At $3.99 I think I'll wait for it to be collected though.

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (13718 posts) - - Show Bio

The artwork is terrible.

#27 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, is just a miniseries, right? and if it is, Is it on continuity?

#28 Posted by Cooke76 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

I hate Milla Donavon

I didn't mind her too much, but it was obvious throughout every issue she ever appeared in that she was never gonna be a love interest as memorable as Karen Page, Black Widow, or Elektra. I really wish they woulda ran with the whole Dakota North angle. She would've been an awesome girl for Matt.

#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cooke76 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I hate Milla Donavon

I didn't mind her too much, but it was obvious throughout every issue she ever appeared in that she was never gonna be a love interest as memorable as Karen Page, Black Widow, or Elektra. I really wish they woulda ran with the whole Dakota North angle. She would've been an awesome girl for Matt.

Dakota North was awsome

#30 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

Very busy artwork. Not really my flavour at all.

#31 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Daredevil is getting beat up by some guy in a Bullseye costume...

#32 Posted by Pbott (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank god real DD is coming back, I dont get all the buz Waids run has been getting. Bendis and Brubakers runs were so much better.

#33 Posted by straightedgejoe (28 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm so exited! and i just can't hide it!

#34 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this looks great to me. That art is just wonderful!

#35 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5372 posts) - - Show Bio

Why? Why? Why? I really love DD but this is my least favorite DD writer and some pretty nasty art (sorry artists involved) it looks like I'll be waiting for the trade to hit the discount bins before I pick it up :( 

@Bendis: Is this continuity like Miller's Dark Knight Returns is continuity?

#36 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this have anything to do with the ongoing Daredevil title?

#37 Posted by The Mast (740 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not canon.

#38 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

is it me or bullseye is kicking his ass violently in the first panel?

#39 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

The artwork is terrible.

I agree. Garbage

#40 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5012 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks awesome

#41 Posted by daredevil21134 (9119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pbott said:

Thank god real DD is coming back, I dont get all the buz Waids run has been getting. Bendis and Brubakers runs were so much better.

Yup

#42 Posted by Teerack (4550 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne: ily

#43 Posted by mettlekm (417 posts) - - Show Bio

ouch. he is getting beat!

looks good...

#44 Posted by the_fallen11 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

My dark DD has returned.

#45 Posted by JonSmith (3830 posts) - - Show Bio

His big secret is: He's secretly a flawed clone of Spider-Man, created by the Jackal, and gone WAY WRONG. Whereas Kaine got enhanced Spider-Powers, Daredevil got weaker versions of Spidey's agility, and strength, with his Spider-sense tuned throughout his other senses, creating a sort of radar. His memory all but destroyed, he remembered only losing someone he loved, and upon running across Battlin' Jack Murdock's grave, along with the grave of his son, Matt, who'd apparently died after a terrible radioactive accident, the confused clone assumed the son's identity, creating a past for himself and seeking out details to fill it, eventually piecing together what happened to Battlin' Jack at the Kingpin's hands. So it all began!