Posted by G-Man (30645 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Daredevil series has been great. Mark Waid has been in top form. The fact that he's been joined by some great artists makes it even better. Today, Marvel has shared a first look featuring the return of an Awesome Art Picks fav, Paolo Rivera.

Superstar artist Paolo Rivera re-joins blockbuster writer Mark Waid in Daredevil #7 for a perfect jumping on point in the life of Matt Murdock. Daredevil can’t shake the target he’s painted on his back and as a result of the shocking discovery inDaredevil #6, everyone is in danger! There’s an important decision that Matt must make and it’s result will forever change those closest to him…friend and foe alike. This December, find out why fans and critics can’t get enough Matt Murdock inDaredevil #7!

== TEASER ==

Check out the pages.

DAREDEVIL #7 (OCT110644)

Written by MARK WAID

Art and Cover by PAOLO RIVERA

FOC – 11/28/11, ON SALE – 12/21/11

DAREDEVIL #6 (SEP110560)

Written by MARK WAID

Art & Cover by MARCOS MARTIN

ON SALE – 11/30/12

Staff
#1 Posted by ThePRez (275 posts) - - Show Bio

the art is great. I have never read a Paolo Rivivera's books. Is he good?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32734 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm

#3 Posted by ChaosAgentLoki (33 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks really cool. If I can get a hold of issues 1 through 6 would it be worth it? Daredevil is a character who's always had my interest so an answer would be nice. Also, what of the older stuff would be the best for me to search out?

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32734 posts) - - Show Bio
@ChaosAgentLoki said:

This looks really cool. If I can get a hold of issues 1 through 6 would it be worth it? Daredevil is a character who's always had my interest so an answer would be nice. Also, what of the older stuff would be the best for me to search out?

I hate to give the guy complements but Bendis's run was pretty awesome as was Brubakers which follows directly on from his. Also you need to read Born Again.
#5 Posted by longbowhunter (6765 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be glad to have Paolo Rivera back. Marcos Martin has been doing a good job on this arc though. Loving the new Daredevil series, that "I'm Not Daredevil" sweater is hilarious

#6 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah!!!!!

#7 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. Loving the im not daredevil shirt XD

#8 Edited by CombatSpoon86 (831 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey paolo, We missed you on the book. Looks like I'm gonna miss marcos for at least another story arc. DD making snow angels. You can't find that anywhere else. That NOT DD sweater is awesome.

Frank Miller Collection is complete. Time to work on getting the Bendis Maleev collection now.

#9 Posted by scourgeoftherealworld (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosAgentLoki: Bendis and Maleev's run is epic, as is Brubakers but the best is arguably frank millers as a lot of the forementioned writers story arcs use a lot of his characters and themes.

Just stay away from Andy Diggles shadowland story, nearly undid all of these writers fantastic work on DD

Yes its that bad

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
The first page is surprisingly funny ("I'm not Daredevil" t-shirt for the win) while the third is equally touching. Love this book.
#11 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
@scourgeoftherealworld said:

@ChaosAgentLoki: Bendis and Maleev's run is epic, as is Brubakers but the best is arguably frank millers as a lot of the forementioned writers story arcs use a lot of his characters and themes.

Just stay away from Andy Diggles shadowland story, nearly undid all of these writers fantastic work on DD

Yes its that bad

I haven't read the Shadowland Daredevil tie-ins, but I'd argue that other than being really anticlimatic, Shadowland wasn't that bad.
#12 Posted by The_Tree (7216 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks hot, the sweater made me LOL.

#13 Posted by The Impersonator (5020 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Looks hot, the sweater made me LOL.

#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

This along with Uncanny X-Force are currently the best ongoing series coming out from Marvel.

#15 Posted by DarkChris (303 posts) - - Show Bio

It's so funny and touching at the same moment!!!

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks wonderful!

#17 Posted by -Vigil- (380 posts) - - Show Bio

That sweater is amazing.

#18 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to know Rivera is definitely back.

#19 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosAgentLoki said:

As others have said, Miller's work on the character is MUST READ STUFF and ranks among the all time great works in comics. Bendis/Brubaker's time on the book are also definitely stuff you'll want to have read. As for the current run by Waid with Rivera/Martin goes, I must say it's month in and month out one of the best comics on the stands. It's a totally fresh take on Matt and very new reader friendly. Also the art work by both Rivera/Martin is nothing less than stellar. 1-6 are definitely books it would behoove you to invest in RIGHT NOW!

#20 Posted by Sempurna (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how he's wearing a shirt that says "I'm not Daredevil".I also love how he's making a snow angel on the cover. 
 Also Rivera's art is growing on me.

#21 Posted by hajime76 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, those last two pages were intense. I could see these pages equally powerful with or without any dialogue panels. Thank you for the great preview. Future installments of this series cannot arrive soon enough.

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (10859 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to buy that sweater

#23 Posted by awesomeoclock (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosAgentLoki: Its a fantastic series, I highly recommend it, though volume 6 is not out yet(;

#24 Edited by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the "I'M NOT DAREDEVIL" t-shirt. Where can I get one?

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32734 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish I could like this new run on DD, I tried but I just cant.

#26 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

I just can't get enough of this gorgeous art! :D

#27 Posted by TypH (375 posts) - - Show Bio

damn this looks cool, I love that cover and the pages looks really nice reminds me of the old romita jr DD comics!